PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon coming up: Fed gets 8th major

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Fed will be looking to avenge the beat down that he got at the hands of Nadal on clay. If Nadal meets Roger, look for Roger to tear him up.

Grass is Federer's best surface. This will be the fourth year in a row that Federer will win Wimbledon and he is only 24.

Hopefully, he will learn that on clay it just does not pay to be aggressive, especially against Nadal. To win points by hitting winners on clay against Nadal means hitting at least 4 or 5 perfect shots right on the line. Even for Federer that is not a high percentage play. And Roger has to learn how to deal with that high topspin backhand from the baseline that Nadal forces him to hit. Maybe next year Roger will win the French, but Nadal looks like a monster on clay (and very good on other surfaces), possibly the best ever.

Go Fed. Get your eighth grand slam at age 24.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 08:36 PM
'only' 24?

:lmao :lmao

he'll be over the hill in 3 years...unless he's agassi-esque

but he's not

I don't remember anybody winning 8 majors at age 24. And he will be a favorite to win the US Open also. That gives him 9.

He is in tremendous condition. He doesn't really get injured much.

Sampras won majors past age 27.

Btw, Roger will probably pass Pete sometime around then. And there will be even fewer people who won't concede the obvious: he is the greatest player of all time.

Roger is better at tennis than MJ at bball.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Holy shit i had no idea federer was that young.

But Sampras is still the Grasscourt King. Yeah yeah i know federer has a complete game and could probably own Pete but Pete is just like a more dominant tim duncan of tennis.

orhe
06-23-2006, 10:56 PM
sampras sucks at clay though... if nadal wasn't playing fed would've had a grand slam