PDA

View Full Version : Who had better supporting teammates this year . . .

ShoogarBear
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
. . . Steve Nash or Dwyane Wade?

Hmmmm?

:blah

ShackO
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Wade....................

Some of the best money can buy......

jman3000
06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Phoenix has a lot of young guns and Miami has a lot of experienced vets. Whether you put value in exposiveness or veteran know-how will tell you your answer.

I'd honestly say the Canadian had better supporting teammates because they were acquired to play with him. DWade's teammates were brought in to play with Shaq.

AZLouis
06-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Wade got the ring, Nash didn't. 'nuf said.

ShackO
06-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Phoenix has a lot of young guns and Miami has a lot of experienced vets. Whether you put value in exposiveness or veteran know-how will tell you your answer.

I'd honestly say the Canadian had better supporting teammates because they were acquired to play with him. DWade's teammates were brought in to play with Shaq.

That may be true..............

Did Nash make the ppl they brought in better.....

Or did the ppl they brought in make Wade better???

:stirpot:

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 09:31 PM
wade, nash doesn't get nonsense calls for no reason the way he does

Brutalis
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Not us that's for sure.

ShackO
06-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Really???????? Like who???

Parker??

Ginolb???

Maybe Timmy??

Whorry??

Brent???

Point the finger???

Brutalis
06-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Manu showed up whenever he felt like it. Parker wasn't himself in the 2nd round. Horry was nowhere to be found. Brent Barry was lost as well. Nazr and Rasho were nonfactors.

jman3000
06-23-2006, 10:32 PM
You could actually make an argument that Parker was himself in the 2nd round... in regards to past playoff performances.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Dwayne Wade

ShoogarBear
06-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey, Spur Fan. Keep your lame-ass rehashing out of the NBA Forum. You got your own forum for that. This is limited to us Heat, Maverick, and Sun fans.

So then:

Shaq > Diaw. Okay, give you that.
Walker > Marion? Hmm? Not even close.
Williams > Bell? Hmm? Don't think so.
Payton > Barbosa? Hmm? No way.
Haslem > Tim Thomas? Hmm? Different kind of players. Let's call it even.

And no question that Mourning and Posey >> Jones and House. But the fact is that among the 5-7 players, Phoenix had the talent edge.

That is, assuming that you believe that two-time MVP Nash is > Wade.

So then was Kurt Thomas the whole difference? If he was healthy, would the Suns have beaten the Mavs?

Os is it just that Wade stepped up where Nash couldn't?

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:04 AM
stupid spur fan ... when will you learn?

Mavs_man_41
06-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Wade obviously had the better supporting cast this year, because he got the ring. But who will have the better supporting cast when kurt thomas and amare stoudamire are back? I say Nash.

ShoogarBear
06-24-2006, 12:44 AM
That's a circular argument. I could use the same logic and say Wade is the more valuable player because he got the ring.

pussyface
06-24-2006, 02:48 AM
anyone who tries to tell you that steve nash is as good as dwayne wade should be viewed with extreme skepticism.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-24-2006, 08:03 AM
lol..nash has the better teammates in the postseason..non of miami's players played well except for wade..and on the odd night walker would and thats saying something when walker is your 2nd best player in the postseason...and any1 of the suns could go off and score 20+ in the post season..

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 08:13 AM
lebron is still head and shoulders better than wade. there, i said it.

mabber
06-24-2006, 09:21 AM
anyone who tries to tell you that steve nash is as good as dwayne wade should be viewed with extreme skepticism.

Better in what way? There are different ways to get to the same result. Nash couldn't hold Wade's jock in a game of one on one but Nash is better than Wade in other ways. I don't want to get into an argument over this cuz it's like comparing Jordan to Chamberlain (different positions). I'd be interested in a poll of coaches/GMs on who'd they'd take between the two (not regarding current ages) to start a team. I'm guessing that it would be a fairly even result. I'd take Wade but not w/o a lot of thought. I guess my point is that you need to define/qualify your statement about "being as good as".

AZLouis
06-24-2006, 10:18 AM
That's a circular argument. I could use the same logic and say Wade is the more valuable player because he got the ring.

I'd like to see that argument.

Because Nash's teammates...Marion, Jones, House, and TT all stepped out the side door ala Snagglepuss.

In this playoffs, Wade was the MVP hence the award. Wade carried the Heat this entire playoffs.

Nash went games without hitting a three. Against the Mavs he took 1 shot in the 2nd half of a loss.

ShackO
06-24-2006, 10:26 AM

I guess that would all depend on how you define "as good as"......

He got MVP two years in a row for nothing..............????

Rip-Hamilton32
06-24-2006, 10:43 AM
no he got 2 mvp awards for passing the ball and shooting on open looks all season..of and for not playing defence

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
stupid spur fan ... when will you learn?

Who?

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
lebron is still head and shoulders better than wade. there, i said it.

Stop hating!Why are you hating on Wade anyways?