PDA

View Full Version : What a day....

Duff McCartney
06-23-2006, 10:51 PM
So I go into work today and when I get there one of my managers tells me that some people were trying to return a computer that was CTO. (CTO is a configure to order computer....basically it's custom made.)

Anyway, they tell that our district manager says no and we can't take it back for one reason or another. The other thing is that the people who are trying to bring it back for their refund have already cut out all the UPC's and sent off their mail-in rebates so they can get that money in addition to their refund.

Basically they would be getting free money and we know it...that's why we don't take back CTO's or any computers that have the UPC's removed on them.

Well anyway, they come in and talk to one manager and they go to the Copy Center and they are talking and calling places trying to see if they can help them out. They call HP even and ask them if they can get a refund and send it in and they say no.

From what I gather because I wasn't listening but watching from a distance, after every last effort was made to return it, the guy (who is deaf) and his two daughters start to get mad. The guy threatens to attack my manager and another employee by making hand gestures. So my manager calls the police and I guess one of his stupid 15 year old daughters gets mad and slams the phone on the counter and storms out cussing.

I am laughing at that because she's just acting like she is tough shit...when in reality she's nothing.

Then the dad gets pissed off and does the same thing and storms out with the other younger daughter crying.

Anyway they just stand in front of the door waiting for the police to show up. So we are just watching to make sure they don't leave. I am standing at the door and then they say I can go to lunch. The hilarious part was when I was walking out...everybody was like "Be careful." and "Good luck."

I just replied "For what? What are they gonna do to me? I have nothing to do with what just happened. I didn't say two words to them at all. So if they want to do something let them do it. See what's gonna happen."

Anyway I leave and ten minutes later I come back after getting food and the guy and his daughter actually go back inside the store and I have no idea what they talked about with my manager. But I did find out they left before the police got there but we got their license plate down and all that.

Anyway just thought it'd be nice to share that since other people have shared their stories of interests at places like this. It was actually pretty funny because their scam didn't even work. But more funny was the dumbass teenage wanna-be thug daughter that was getting pissed.

Mijo
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM
This call for a "picture in the pisser".... :fro

xcoriate
06-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I kept expecting a big suprise, like you were going to hook up his daughter or something :sleep

Zombie
06-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Did you get fucked in the Ass?
If not, your day was good! :lol

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 03:54 AM
I want my 2 minutes back.

Melmart1
06-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Dude, if you are going to share a story, at least make it good. I was waiting for a fight or something.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2006, 04:04 AM
I bought a guitar today.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 04:06 AM
:lmao Chump is climbing the Manny's Favorite Poster Chart

Melmart1
06-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Chump needs to drunk post more often

KEDA
06-24-2006, 07:04 AM
So I go into work today and when I get there one of my managers tells me that some people were trying to return a computer that was CTO. (CTO is a configure to order computer....basically it's custom made.)

Anyway, they tell that our district manager says no and we can't take it back for one reason or another. The other thing is that the people who are trying to bring it back for their refund have already cut out all the UPC's and sent off their mail-in rebates so they can get that money in addition to their refund.

Basically they would be getting free money and we know it...that's why we don't take back CTO's or any computers that have the UPC's removed on them.

Well anyway, they come in and talk to one manager and they go to the Copy Center and they are talking and calling places trying to see if they can help them out. They call HP even and ask them if they can get a refund and send it in and they say no.

From what I gather because I wasn't listening but watching from a distance, after every last effort was made to return it, the guy (who is deaf) and his two daughters start to get mad. The guy threatens to attack my manager and another employee by making hand gestures. So my manager calls the police and I guess one of his stupid 15 year old daughters gets mad and slams the phone on the counter and storms out cussing.

I am laughing at that because she's just acting like she is tough shit...when in reality she's nothing.

Then the dad gets pissed off and does the same thing and storms out with the other younger daughter crying.

Anyway they just stand in front of the door waiting for the police to show up. So we are just watching to make sure they don't leave. I am standing at the door and then they say I can go to lunch. The hilarious part was when I was walking out...everybody was like "Be careful." and "Good luck."

I just replied "For what? What are they gonna do to me? I have nothing to do with what just happened. I didn't say two words to them at all. So if they want to do something let them do it. See what's gonna happen."

Anyway I leave and ten minutes later I come back after getting food and the guy and his daughter actually go back inside the store and I have no idea what they talked about with my manager. But I did find out they left before the police got there but we got their license plate down and all that.

Anyway just thought it'd be nice to share that since other people have shared their stories of interests at places like this. It was actually pretty funny because their scam didn't even work. But more funny was the dumbass teenage wanna-be thug daughter that was getting pissed.

I got the email from George about it last night.

I too was waiting for something a little more exciting, and I knew what happened last night!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I guess I read a little faster than Manny, but that's still a minute of my life I can never get back.

Thanks asshole :td

katyon6th
06-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I thought it was a fantastic story. Much more exciting than my day was.

AlamoSpursFan
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
"I thought it was a very lovely story. And you tell it so well. With such enthusiasm!"

I kept expecting a big suprise, like you were going to hook up his daughter or something

I kept expecting a big surprise, like you had paid Jim back or something :lol

ShoogarBear
06-24-2006, 11:50 AM
that's because aggy just skip over all the words they don't know!

:lolOkay, now you gotta admit that was good.

ZStomp
06-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Uhh yea... OK?

You weren't even part of the actual story!!

Ginofan
06-24-2006, 02:06 PM
did they end up being dead all along?

thispego
06-24-2006, 07:04 PM
did you borrow any money from them and promise to reimburse them or something? i dont get it

Kori Ellis
06-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Testing.

xcoriate
06-25-2006, 07:03 AM
that's because aggy just skip over all the words they don't know!

:lol

Oh snap.

Clandestino
06-25-2006, 07:40 AM
so duff has a job now and still won't pay jim back? not even $1???

SpursWoman
06-25-2006, 09:11 AM
He paid him back a long time ago.

exstatic
06-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Anyway just thought it'd be nice to share that since other people have shared their stories of interests at places like this. It was actually pretty funny because their scam didn't even work.
A better one that I've heard about is to borrow tuition money, saying that you'll pay the person back when you get your check, and then not do it for ages. You'll be the object of ridicule, but so what? You'll also be the center of attention!!!

AlamoSpursFan
06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
He paid him back a long time ago.

OOPS! Color me embarrassed. I musta missed that memo.

Sorry Duff.