PDA

View Full Version : A Suspension Worthy Foul..........

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/06/23/shaw.ks.basketball.assault.affl

atxrocker
06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
dude i saw this on t.v earlier today. unfucking believable. for a moment i could swear it was a mavs player committing the assault but i was wrong. totally fucked up man.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Holy Cow.

JMarkJohns
06-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Any YouTube video of that? It won't work for me...

ShoogarBear
06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Um, looks to me like the guy that got knocked out threw the first punch.

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Can't really tell if he tries to push him or punch him first.............either way, he got knocked the fuck out.

DirkAB
06-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Brutal.

Extra Stout
06-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey, it's JET's nephew!

jman3000
06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
It looked like the black jersey was crowding the white jersey and he pushed him off. Black jersey overreacts (huge understatement) and starts wailing on the kid.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 11:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Don't know if it was really a punch ... more of a stiff arm push to his chest.

But damn! There's no place for that shit in a game.

DirkAB
06-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm sure plenty of you have already seen this one. This one is also very shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvVopJYr4s&search=ref%20knocked%20out

atxrocker
06-23-2006, 11:45 PM
there is simply no excuse for this kind of shit to happen. absolutely fucking pathetic.

Trainwreck2100
Someone got knocked the fuck out

Mavs_man_41
He shouldn't have been dumb enough to shove someone who could obviously kick his ass.

TheSanityAnnex
I'm sure plenty of you have already seen this one. This one is also very shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvVopJYr4s&search=ref%20knocked%20out
I remember that one as well. Countdown till someone posts Christie fucking up Fox

atxrocker
06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
He shouldn't have been dumb enough to shove someone who could obviously kick his ass.

dude are you serious? and people wonder why mavs fans are looked upon as classless.

ATX Spur
06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/06/23/shaw.ks.basketball.assault.affl
wow that was fucking savage...I wonder how the kid is doing

Mavs_man_41
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
dude are you serious? and people wonder why mavs fans are looked upon as classless.

Im not saying it was right, but he did ask for it. I would never shove someone like that and not expect to get into a fight.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
:rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Im not saying it was right, but he did ask for it. I would never shove someone like that and not expect to get into a fight.
I don't think anyone is "expecting" to get in a fight on the court like that. I ain't like the two of them were walking down the street.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 11:51 PM

He might have asked to get shoved back, but beating him down and knocking him unconscious was a little excessive. Don't you think?

DirkAB
06-23-2006, 11:51 PM

You are fucking stupid piece of trash. Maybe them are the rules at your trailer park, but it is a little different on the the basketball court.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't think anyone is "expecting" to get in a fight on the court like that.

Exactly.

Im not saying it was right, but he did ask for it.

He asked to get clotheslined and beat down for pushing him?

Get a clue.

JMarkJohns
06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Finally saw the clip. Crazy. It looks like the two bumped while running up the floor when the one kid shoved the other, then got a swift beatdown...

Trainwreck2100
06-23-2006, 11:55 PM

Mavs man does have somewhat of a point, he shoved him, and yes the guy went crazy. But the other dude was the instigator which is probably why I think charges haven't been filed yet.

RON ARTEST
06-23-2006, 11:56 PM
im glad im black because it shows us black people can kick some ass baby!
just kidding but he did kick his though damn. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Ron Artest, tell us how you really feel.

ShoogarBear
06-23-2006, 11:58 PM
If you throw an elbow or a punch like that, you better be prepared for whatever's coming back. The amount of retailiation was uncalled for, but if that happened walking down the street, you'd have a case for self-defense.

The guy's dad, and I presume the gist of the CNN story, was that his son was completely innocent and the attack was unprovoked. That's not true.

jman3000
06-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Mavs man does have somewhat of a point, he shoved him, and yes the guy went crazy. But the other dude was the instigator which is probably why I think charges haven't been filed yet.
but he reacted to a foul by severely beating him. That's all it basically was, was an offensive foul. We can't tell what words were exchanged or if they had been jostling like this for a while (guy said 5 minutes into the game though) so who knows.

Mavs_man_41
06-23-2006, 11:59 PM
He might have asked to get shoved back, but beating him down and knocking him unconscious was a little excessive. Don't you think?

Yea, that wasn't right at all but why in the hell did he start the whole thing to begin with. They are both to blame.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:00 AM
If you throw an elbow or a punch like that, you better be prepared for whatever's coming back. The amount of retailiation was uncalled for, but if that happened walking down the street, you'd have a case for self-defense.

The guy's dad, and I presume the gist of the CNN story, was that his son was completely innocent and the attack was unprovoked. That's not true.

I got outta the interview that he was mad because he kept on punching him after he was out cold... the dude got about 3 good punches on the back of his head when he was down.

DirkAB
06-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I got outta the interview that he was mad because he kept on punching him after he was out cold... the dude got about 3 good punches on the back of his head when he was down.

That is what was shocking to me. The dude was out cold laying face down, and the guy went nuts punching the shit out of the back of his head. The initial part wasn't all that big of a deal to me since fights happen and you can't avoid them all, it was how excessive it was. I wonder how long that beating would have gone on if somebody wouldn't have broken it up. Was it his dad that got onto the court so fast?

ShoogarBear
06-24-2006, 12:05 AM
He might have asked to get shoved back, but beating him down and knocking him unconscious was a little excessive. Don't you think?It doesn't work that way. You don't shove somebody and "asked to get shoved back". Once you make the down payment, you better be prepared to write the whole check.

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
but he reacted to a foul by severely beating him. That's all it basically was, was an offensive foul. We can't tell what words were exchanged or if they had been jostling like this for a while (guy said 5 minutes into the game though) so who knows.

If it wasnt on the basketball court and he did this would you be ok with it, I only say this because you refer to
it as a "reaction to a foul"

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
If it wasnt on the basketball court and he did this would you be ok with it, I only say this because you refer to
it as a "reaction to a foul"

Obviously not ... but it's a basketball court (and a high school one at that)... not the street.

you'd have lawyers filing for lawsuits after every flagrant foul or hard foul in the NBA and collegiate level if we went by that thinking.

strangeweather
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM
It doesn't work that way. You don't shove somebody and "asked to get shoved back". Once you make the down payment, you better be prepared to write the whole check.
So every time a guy puts a hard foul on Shaq, he's just asking Shaq to crack his head open against the basket support or something? This is basketball, not the ultimate fighting championship.

ShoogarBear
06-24-2006, 12:42 AM
So every time a guy puts a hard foul on Shaq, he's just asking Shaq to crack his head open against the basket support or something? This is basketball, not the ultimate fighting championship.I didn't say he's "just asking" for anything. That's your strawman.

But just to take care of this once and for all:

1. This guy didn't "put a hard foul" on anyone. He wasn't trying to establish position or prevent a layup. He shoved a guy in open court. (He may have even punched him or thrown an elbow, it's not clear). He wasn't even thinking about a basketball play of any sort. Basically he was hitting the guy just to hit him. You do that walking down the street, it's assault.

2. If you do something like that to any player, Shaq included, yeah, you better be prepared for retailation, and possibly escalation. If you don't you're flat out stupid.

Dre_7
06-24-2006, 01:09 AM
So Mavs Man, if Shaq had beat the crap out of Stack after that hard foul, the way the dude did in the video, would you be saying Stack was asking for it? And that he is just as much to blame?

DirkAB
06-24-2006, 01:24 AM
I didn't say he's "just asking" for anything. That's your strawman.

1. This guy didn't "put a hard foul" on anyone. He wasn't trying to establish position or prevent a layup. He shoved a guy in open court. (He may have even punched him or thrown an elbow, it's not clear). He wasn't even thinking about a basketball play of any sort. Basically he was hitting the guy just to hit him. You do that walking down the street, it's assault.

2. If you do something like that to any player, Shaq included, yeah, you better be prepared for retailation, and possibly escalation. If you don't you're flat out stupid.

It isn't that hard to tell that the kid didn't hit his attacker first, he pushed him. He didn't shove him just to shove him, watch it again, it was provoked. It also appears that the attacker started the whole altercation by pushing or trying to trip the kid, he then shoved the attacker back, and then whamo.

You can't compare a shove on the basketball court that was provoked or even unprovoked to an assult on the street, that is ridiculous. There is without a doubt a reasonable expectation that comes along with sports that there will be some altercations that usually go as far as a shove, maybe even a punch. But knocking somebody out, jumping on them, and beating the holy shit out of an unconcious person is way beyond anything that can be explained away by anything.

Maybe if the kid squared up and acted like he was going to try and fight the attacker, I could see that being a scenario that could result in something like this. A lone shove doesn't explain this behavior.

BTW, the kid that got his ass kicked double dribbled and traveled big-time at the first part of the clip. That might be the worst no call I've ever seen.

Son of Mavs Man
06-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Holy shit, that kid got his ass kicked. There is never a call for that. Some people are just fucking insane. I got blindsided by a kid like that when I was in the sixth grade. He's probably in jail now. I hope he is being ass raped right this second in prison. Or dead. Bitter?

SCdac
06-24-2006, 02:26 AM
lol "he deserved it". riiiiiight.

I've played plenty of basketball in my day, and still do, and competitive, but healthy, pushing and shoving is part of the game. Defenders will push you physically AND mentally a little bit (just ask Dirk :P). They'll try to see how much, and how hard, they can guard you, or how much they can get away with in the open court. During the game, you rightfully must let them know what they can and cant do (ie white jersey pushing off the black jersey'd kid). I'm not saying thats exactly what happened, but if it did, thats no invitation to catch a beatdown, let alone in a organized highschool game. We're talking about a physical game here, if a beatdown is "deserved" because of a push like that, then damn, why arent we seeing more beatdowns? :wow :jack

I dunno, it didnt look like a "I'm pushing you to initiate a fight so I can kick your ass" kind of push by the dude in the white jersey.

Son of Mavs Man
06-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Yeah, contact like that is part of the game. Like I said, some people are just uneven.

timvp
06-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Looks like to me that white jersey throws an elbow at black jersey and then bumps him all the way up court and then finally pushes him. I could easily see where the initial punch comes from but throwing him to the ground and then swinging at the back of his head took it too far. If he would have just thrown the punch, I would say white jersey deserved what was coming. But to punch a guy laying face first on the court is weak.

That said, where were the teammates? I know if I'm on a team and something like that breaks out, I'm there to protect my teammate and/or break it up. Everyone just kinda watched it happen.

You do that on the street and both parties probably end up beaten up.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Dude's going to juvie.

Once he's down, flex and act like a badass. Don't keep hitting him.

I'd also say don't be black in Kansas if you're going to pull that shit, but that's not practical.

timvp
06-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Once he's down, flex and act like a badass. Don't keep hitting him.

:lol

Exactly. Something a la Scottie Pippen stepping over Patrick Ewing would have done the trick.

whottt
06-24-2006, 03:19 AM
THe kid that got beat up didn't start it...he got shoved first when they were running up the court, then he shoved back at the top of the key, then the other kid threw him down on his head and proceeded to wail the shit out of him while he was unconcious.

It's not real hard to throw someone down on their head in a basketball game...

Was a punk ass move plain and simple...

Using the logic of some of the people in this thread...now if that kid goes and gets a gun and shoots the dude that beat him up...

Hey it's justified...you don't throw someone down on their head and beat their unconcious ass and not expect retaliation....or else you're stupid.

whottt
06-24-2006, 03:31 AM
I've always felt that the Rodney King beating was understandable...I mean hey...you don't resist arrest against 10 fucking cops with billyclubs and not expect to get hospitalized and nearly beaten to death...or else you're stupid.

Mavs_man_41
06-24-2006, 03:58 AM
So Mavs Man, if Shaq had beat the crap out of Stack after that hard foul, the way the dude did in the video, would you be saying Stack was asking for it? And that he is just as much to blame?
a hard foul is not the same as a blatant shove/elbow in the open court. like i said before they are both to blame. i feel sorry for the poor kid although he kinda asked for it.

whottt
06-24-2006, 04:03 AM
You're an idiot...he shoved the kid and was in the process of getting beaten to death.

I want you to show me where he asked to get beaten while unconcious...you are seriously fucked in the head.

The Kid's body is completely limp and asshole not only doesn't stop beating him, he adjusts himself so he can get better shots in on the side of his head.

The scumbag that did it has some serious anger issues, he's going to wind up in prison if doesn't get a grip...

Oh...he's kind of asking for it.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2006, 04:06 AM
Mavfan only wonders why he didn't start working the nutsac.

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Rumor has it Mark Cuban has already signed the kid to a contract.

whottt
06-24-2006, 04:30 AM
http://www.funny-games.biz/videos/93-basketball-knockout.html

Here's the all time basketball knock out.

Ref should have expected it for making that call...

Dre_7
06-24-2006, 06:41 AM
a hard foul is not the same as a blatant shove/elbow in the open court. like i said before they are both to blame. i feel sorry for the poor kid although he kinda asked for it.

Hard foul? You mean Stack's blatant shot at Shaqs head?

Slinkyman
06-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Animals are provoked into violence not humans, if this kid is so easily provoked he should be "put down" like an animal or locked up in a cage like an animal. We don't need pricks like this in our society, much less playing a game of basketball. I can't believe anyone would consider this ok behavior, have you lost your minds? This isn't fucking Iraq.

im glad im black because it shows us black people can kick some ass baby!
just kidding but he did kick his though damn.

And to Ron Artest, fuck you pussy. you favorite player is a pussy ass bitch who ran away from ben wallace like a little fucking girl only to pick a fight with a tiny bill gates looking white dude. Then the guy who threw the cup starts beating on his head and he runs away again and picks a fight with a maybe 5 foot tall mexican dude. So, some black people can kick ass while pussies like Ron Artest just get their ass kicked or they run away like a bitch.

RON ARTEST
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Animals are provoked into violence not humans, if this kid is so easily provoked he should be "put down" like an animal or locked up in a cage like an animal. We don't need pricks like this in our society, much less playing a game of basketball. I can't believe anyone would consider this ok behavior, have you lost your minds? This isn't fucking Iraq.

And to Ron Artest, fuck you pussy. you favorite player is a pussy ass bitch who ran away from ben wallace like a little fucking girl only to pick a fight with a tiny bill gates looking white dude. Then the guy who threw the cup starts beating on his head and he runs away again and picks a fight with a maybe 5 foot tall mexican dude. So, some black people can kick ass while pussies like Ron Artest just get their ass kicked or they run away like a bitch.whoa! i said i was just kidding, if i wasnt then that would have been a dumb comment. and artest isnt a pussy i think you have him confused with peja. :lol

DirkAB
06-24-2006, 02:22 PM
And to Ron Artest, fuck you pussy. you favorite player is a pussy ass bitch who ran away from ben wallace like a little fucking girl only to pick a fight with a tiny bill gates looking white dude. Then the guy who threw the cup starts beating on his head and he runs away again and picks a fight with a maybe 5 foot tall mexican dude. So, some black people can kick ass while pussies like Ron Artest just get their ass kicked or they run away like a bitch.

Yeah, I'd like to see you say that to his face. We would see who the pussy is.

BTW, I really don't hold it against him for backing away from Ben Wallace, I honestly think he was trying to behave and not get in trouble, that is why I think he laid on the scorers table. But, I think he couldn't contain it anymore when somebody threw a beer on him. And I really don't think that he ran away out of fear from the beer guy when he was getting punched. As far as the 5 foot mexican, the same guy that ran onto the court and squared up with Artest like he was going to attack him, that I had no problem with, he got what was coming to him.

You can call Artest a starkraving lunatic, insane, unbalanced, a menace or anything along those lines and nobody can really say otherwise, because he was obviously out of control. But saying that he just got his ass kicked and ran away like a pussy, that is asinine. IMO, the biggest pussy in the whole situation was the piece of shit that threw the beer. He throws the beer and watches Artest run right past him and watches him start to manhandle his buddy, then he starts punch on the back of his head like a chickenshit, instead of just trying to get him off of him. That guy is a pussy.

ATX Spur
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
this thread is going to shit real fast

TheSanityAnnex
06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
this thread is going to shit real fastbest you take that back before you get knocked the fuck out patna!!!!!!

Mavs_man_41
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
You're an idiot...he shoved the kid and was in the process of getting beaten to death.

I want you to show me where he asked to get beaten while unconcious...you are seriously fucked in the head.

The Kid's body is completely limp and asshole not only doesn't stop beating him, he adjusts himself so he can get better shots in on the side of his head.

The scumbag that did it has some serious anger issues, he's going to wind up in prison if doesn't get a grip...

Oh...he's kind of asking for it.

Lol he asked to get punched the first time after the elbow, but hitting him while he was knocked out was rediculous.

Mavs_man_41
06-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Hard foul? You mean Stack's blatant shot at Shaqs head?

Nah, what game were u watching?

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 04:41 PM

Exactly!

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 06:07 AM
You know it is if Artest and I both bow out of it. :)

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc5.jpg

BTW, the black jersey was wrong. What the white-jersey did was an offensive foul. A cheap one (shoulda been called), but an offensive foul. It wasnt even a hard one.

Oh well, like someone said, dont be black in Kansas.

PaceMonster
06-27-2006, 03:37 AM
thats fucked up

RonMexico
06-27-2006, 05:01 AM
I didn't say he's "just asking" for anything. That's your strawman.

If you even watched the video, you'll notice that the kid in the black jersey pushed him first heading down the court and the white jersey kid pushed him back in retaliation... then the clothesline came... everything about that play was excessive and uncalled for - you don't punch another person while he's unconcious on the ground during an organized basketball game and expect not to get punished in a legal sense... I'd like to see what happened to that kid later in the game by anyone else on the other team, although he probably was ejected immediately... basically, your whole argument is refuted by the video evidence because you're acting like the kid just threw an elbow for no reason at the 3-point line... no, he was telling the other kid to back off after that kid had pushed him... an attempt that failed because soon the guy was slamming his head into the ground, which I don't think anyone expects in a high school tournament game because usually kids have self-control... I predict that black kid is dead in 4 years on the streets if he can't control his temper like that...

Doug Collins
06-27-2006, 06:23 AM
If you even watched the video, you'll notice that the kid in the black jersey pushed him first heading down the court and the white jersey kid pushed him back in retaliation... then the clothesline came... everything about that play was excessive and uncalled for - you don't punch another person while he's unconcious on the ground during an organized basketball game and expect not to get punished in a legal sense... I'd like to see what happened to that kid later in the game by anyone else on the other team, although he probably was ejected immediately... basically, your whole argument is refuted by the video evidence because you're acting like the kid just threw an elbow for no reason at the 3-point line... no, he was telling the other kid to back off after that kid had pushed him... an attempt that failed because soon the guy was slamming his head into the ground, which I don't think anyone expects in a high school tournament game because usually kids have self-control... I predict that black kid is dead in 4 years on the streets if he can't control his temper like that...

I dont think so. HeŽs built up so much street cred by beating up a white kid that pretty soon heŽll have his own street to run wild on. Shit I bet all his friends were jumpin up and down when they saw him on tv yelling "oh shit oh shit thatz my boyz, yea, fuck himz up, yea!" all while holding their crotches.