PDA

View Full Version : Rasho Happy In Toronto

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Rasho Nesterovic is more adept with rebounds than rim shots, but he did provide reporters with a laugh yesterday.

Chuck Swirsky, the highly-enthusiastic voice of the Raptors, could hardly contain himself during a radio interview with the team's new centre, closing out their on-air chat with: "Rasho, you're going to love it here in Toronto. Trust me!"

After a slight delay, with a perfect dead-pan delivery, Nesterovic replied: "Yeah ... I trust you."

Now all he has to do is trust his instincts that Toronto is a good place to be. The Raptors acquired the 7-foot centre from the San Antonio Spurs, along with cash, for Matt Bonner, Eric Williams and a second-round draft pick on Wednesday.

In a conference call from his native Slovenia yesterday, Nesterovic assured everyone he is excited to be going from a perpetual winner, where he played alongside Tim Duncan, to a team that hasn't qualified for the playoffs in four years.

"It's a new challenge," Nesterovic said. "The Raptors are a really young and talented team and with some work and some luck, there's a big possibility in the next three, four years to become one of the top four, five teams in the league."

Nesterovic, 30, provides the Raptors with a legitimate starting centre who actually wants to play in Toronto. That's something that could not be said about the likes of Alonzo Mourning of the world champion Miami Heat, Eric Williams, Vince Carter, etc.

The Ljubljana native said he is looking forward to playing in Toronto because this burg most resembles a European city.

But the big question is how is he going to fit in with young all-star Chris Bosh in the Raptors frontcourt? Nesterovic said he will do everything he can to just fit in with the 22-year standout.

"I will do the best I can, defensively and offensively, to fit in, because I'm the new guy," he said.

Nesterovic added he is looking forward to playing under head coach Sam Mitchell, the same guy he played with for four seasons at Minnesota.

The Raptors confirmed the hiring yesterday of former Benetton Treviso boss Maurizio Gherardini as their new vice-president and assistant GM, the first hiring of a European to a senior management position in the NBA.

Gherardini, 51, built Benetton Treviso into one of the most recognizable basketball organizations outside the NBA. He has led Benetton to four League championships, three Italian supercups, two Eurocups and four appearances in the Euroleague's final four.

Gherardini assured reporters yesterday his hiring does not mean that Italian forward Andrea Bargnani, a key player on his Benetton team, is a slam dunk to be drafted by the Raptors first overall on June 28.
-Toronto Sun

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:12 AM
there's a big possibility in the next three, four years to become one of the top four, five teams in the league."

:drunk

maybe top 12-16 teams ... but I don't see em getting that elite.

whottt
06-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Good for Rasho...hopefully he will be a better fit with Bosh than he was with Duncan.

People forget how well Rasho played when Duncan was injured in 04. Duncan went down and Rasho started putting up 15 and 10 a game, while blocking over 2 shots per game.

Rasho has skills, on both sides of the ball...he's talented offensively and defensively, he is just too passive to get the most out of his talent. unfortunately...but he was very decent on offense before coming to SA....and he was very, very decent on D in SA.

He was a class act while he was here(as is just about every Slovenian I have encountered on this board) and I wish him nothing but the best.

midgetonadonkey
06-24-2006, 12:15 AM
With the East as weak as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if they are a playoff team next season.

strangeweather
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM

Colangelo has some solid assets to work with. If the new coach works out and he can surround Bosh with a group of guys who can play together, they could certainly start securing a home court playoff series. I'm not sure if they have what it takes to go beyond that.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Colangelo has some solid assets to work with. If the new coach works out and he can surround Bosh with a group of guys who can play together, they could certainly start securing a home court playoff series. I'm not sure if they have what it takes to go beyond that.

12th best in the league is good enough for home court advantage in the East.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
12th best in the league is good enough for home court advantage in the East.

sad, but partially true.

ZStomp
06-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Damn...what the hell is Rasho smoking? :lmao :lmao

One of the four of five top teams in the league?!?!?!?!?!

Funny.

AFE7FATMAN
06-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Rasho Nesterovic.....

Gherardini assured reporters yesterday his hiring does not mean that Italian forward Andrea Bargnani, a key player on his Benetton team, is a slam dunk to be drafted by the Raptors first overall on June 28.
-Toronto Sun

Yea Rasho will like it there. Just like Minnesota, its cold and he won't have to stick around after the regular season. His former coach knows what he is getting :rolleyes

I find the statement about Bargnani interesting if not beliveable. I think
Bargnani is a lock for the # 1 unless Bosh wants his good friend Aldridge.

King
06-24-2006, 12:43 AM
sad, but partially true.

First of all, you just quoted yourself.

Second, the East has won two out of the past three titles.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:50 AM
First of all, you just quoted yourself.

Second, the East has won two out of the past three titles.

First, that has nothing to do with anything.

Second, a near .500 record gets you a 5th seed in the East, so my point holds water.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 12:51 AM
First, that has nothing to do with anything.

Second, a near .500 record gets you a 5th seed in the East, so my point holds water.

Good points.

FreshPrince22
06-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Good points.

no

FreshPrince22
06-24-2006, 12:54 AM
no
I agree

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2006, 12:55 AM
I agree
me too

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2006, 12:55 AM
me too
what he said

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:05 AM

What did you expect him to say?

"Hopefully with 3-4 years of hard work and luck we'll be a very very average team. Cooooooooooooooooooookieeeeeeeeee".

jman3000
06-24-2006, 01:28 AM

"Hopefully with 3-4 years of hard work and luck we'll be a very very average team. Cooooooooooooooooooookieeeeeeeeee".

That would have been much better.

rayray2k8
06-24-2006, 01:30 AM
what he said
Huh?

rayray2k8
06-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Huh?
What we talking about again? :lol

Slomo
06-24-2006, 03:41 AM

"Hopefully with 3-4 years of hard work and luck we'll be a very very average team. Cooooooooooooooooooookieeeeeeeeee".Exactly.

polandprzem
06-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Good for Rasho...hopefully he will be a better fit with Bosh than he was with Duncan.

People forget how well Rasho played when Duncan was injured in 04. Duncan went down and Rasho started putting up 15 and 10 a game, while blocking over 2 shots per game.

Rasho has skills, on both sides of the ball...he's talented offensively and defensively, he is just too passive to get the most out of his talent. unfortunately...but he was very decent on offense before coming to SA....and he was very, very decent on D in SA.

He was a class act while he was here(as is just about every Slovenian I have encountered on this board) and I wish him nothing but the best.
You are talking about the streaches. In streaches almost every player can play beyond his skills :)

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Rasho will have plenty of streaches without Duncan, so he's got a chance to improve.

polandprzem
06-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Rasho will have plenty of streaches without Duncan, so he's got a chance to improve.

Well he is not getting younger you know, but the worse thing is I'm not getting younger also :(

How can he imrove? He will get more PT and that's it. It will be difficult to him play the ball like Toronto are playing. But Colangelo thought maybe Rasho will put some inside presents on D where Toronto sucked last season.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 05:07 AM
Rasho isn't going to improve.

He is what he is. A 7 footer with a little hook shot who takes up space and can hit the occasional free throw line jumper when needed. I don't see what you guys were hoping he would turn into, but hopefully Toronto uses him right.

RON ARTEST
06-24-2006, 05:38 AM
i think the eastern conference sucks.

RON ARTEST
06-24-2006, 05:39 AM
i think the eastern conference sucks.
i agree. obstructed view is an idiot, oops wrong thread. sorry

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 05:40 AM

He is what he is. A 7 footer with a little hook shot who takes up space and can hit the occasional free throw line jumper when needed. I don't see what you guys were hoping he would turn into, but hopefully Toronto uses him right.
The Spurs were hoping he'd turn into exactly what he was his last year in Minnesota or above. He can do that when he's not on the floor with Duncan. He'll be statistically better with the Raptors, which is what most of his detractors have been using to judge him.

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 05:41 AM
i agree. obstructed view is an idiot, oops wrong thread. sorry
I fucking own you. Not surprising, since I've owned you since the day you showed up here to talk shit about your can't get out of the first round team.

polandprzem
06-24-2006, 05:55 AM
The Spurs were hoping he'd turn into exactly what he was his last year in Minnesota or above. He can do that when he's not on the floor with Duncan. He'll be statistically better with the Raptors, which is what most of his detractors have been using to judge him.

Are you going to put a "48 minutes" Rasho stats next season?

Texas_Ranger
06-24-2006, 06:08 AM
GO RASHO GO, I hope that you will play the best basketball in your cerrer there.

Old School Chic
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM

:tu

angel_luv
06-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Chuck Swirsky, the highly-enthusiastic voice of the Raptors, could hardly contain himself during a radio interview with the team's new centre, closing out their on-air chat with: "Rasho, you're going to love it here in Toronto. Trust me!"

After a slight delay, with a perfect dead-pan delivery, Nesterovic replied: "Yeah ... I trust you."

That was cute. :)

I'm excited for Sho and am truly pleased that he is happy, which is likely the best I can ever do feelings wise.
It's not like I'll ever be glad Sho is gone.

v2freak
06-24-2006, 10:08 AM
:clap He's such a class act! Unlike other athletes who have quit on Toronto, he's actually looking forward to being there! My hat's off to him

angel_luv
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
You know I was just looking at the Raptor roster. Someone on the team, Jose Calderon, already has the #8.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

I wonder if Calderon will switch his up like Sean did when we got Finley or if Sho will go with something different.

KEDA
06-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Rasho should go with number 69!!!

that would bring him up like 2 places on the man list for that!

ShoogarBear
06-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Rasho says he's already looking forward to seeing if they're any crazy French-Canadian hunnies on the prowl.

Quadzilla99
06-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Rasho's looking forward to his first 2 inches from the basket jump hook in Toronto. He was a nice guy really. But I musta yelled "throw it down you soft stiff!!"5000 times when he was here.

angel_luv
06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Shoogar is unbearable lately.

:lol

Don't listen to him Sho!

RashoFan
06-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Rasho should go with number 69!!!

that would bring him up like 2 places on the man list for that!
wouldn't you know...That is my Badge number/identifier at the FD...Medic/FF 69.... :lol
I could transfer to Toronto, I think my company has an office there...Rasho would have to keep me warm though... :angel

angel_luv
06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Haven't I already suffered enough loss?
:depressed

Bruno
06-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Rasho is in Toronto were he made a press conference, audio of this conference :
http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/June_26_-_Rasho_scrum_for_Raptors,com.mp3

SenorSpur
06-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Rasho's looking forward to his first 2 inches from the basket jump hook in Toronto. He was a nice guy really. But I musta yelled "throw it down you soft stiff!!"5000 times when he was here.

so did Kevin Garnett, when he played with Rasho.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Rasho is in Toronto were he made a press conference, audio of this conference :
http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/June_26_-_Rasho_scrum_for_Raptors,com.mp3

Thanks for link.

Wow, I didn't realize Sho would go to Canada so soon.

He sounds good, happy... so that helps.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Rasho Canada interview video. I don't know how to directly link it but if you go to the Raptor's page

http://www.nba.com/raptors/
the link will show up on their story screen under the headline " Gherardini, Rasho excited."

I am glad for Sho that he is moving on in his career, but sorry for me that it took him away from here.

It was not easy watching that interview,especially with the Toronto logo so prominent right behind him. :(

Still, always a joy to see and hear Sho. :D

MaNu4Tres
06-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Good for rasho....i hope he does well in toronto...although one of my good friends was datin him for the past 2 months or so in san antonio...she would say he would be sooo irrate about his playin time after the games and would say too many curse words talkin bout his playin time to her....

jman3000
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Good for rasho....i hope he does well in toronto...although one of my good friends was datin him for the past 2 months or so in san antonio...she would say he would be sooo irrate about his playin time after the games and would say too many curse words talkin bout his playin time to her....

My friend dated him too. He said he was the perfect gentleman at all times.

MaNu4Tres
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
she said that also...but she also said he was obviously frustrated with his playing time

jman3000
06-27-2006, 12:51 PM
she said that also...but she also said he was obviously frustrated with his playing time

You obviously didn't get the joke.

:depressed

RashoFan
06-27-2006, 12:54 PM
He went out on dates with friends of yours...and I never did get my "Birthday" dinner with him.... :pctoss

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I know right, Beckie! Sho is lucky he is in Canada right about now. :lol

It's aiight, Sho.

I will forgive all if you would mention, even in passing that you are going to miss San Antonio.
Don't mean to nitpick, Kid but you have yet to do that. :)

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I call Beno! :angel

( It's your own fault Sho. No reason to let a perfectly good Slovenian go to waste.) :lmao

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:02 PM

That is made up J!

:pctoss

jman3000
06-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Please don't pick Beno... in all seriousness I actually did have a friend who "dated" him... he wouldn't be your type.

You know, in some culture's "messed up" is considered a cuss word. Busted.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Please don't pick Beno... in all seriousness I actually did have a friend who "dated" him... he wouldn't be your type.

Geesh! What does it take for a girl to get her very own Slovenian in this town? :(

I may have to go to the source. :)

Just out of curiousity... why isn't Beno my type?

I know he digs Jessica Alba so I could see how I might not be exactly hie preference. :lol

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Whatcha talkin bout, Willis? :angel

jman3000
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Geesh! What does it take for a girl to get her very own Slovenian in this town? :(

I may have to go to the source. :)

Just out of curiousity... why isn't Beno my type?

I know he digs Jessica Alba so I could see how I might not be exactly hie preference. :lol

honestly? because he's a freak.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Beno seems perfectly nice to me.

jman3000
06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Beno seems perfectly nice to me.

So do I.

:devil

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:28 PM
So do I.

:devil

Awww... are you jealous?

That is so cute.

I hear you really dig Sandra though.

jman3000
06-27-2006, 01:34 PM
omg... i just saw that you edited "messed up"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

that was a hardy laugh... a hardy laugh indeed.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 01:38 PM
hehehe

but we need to stop this in this thread...

Sorry Sho! :(

jman3000
06-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's my contribution to this thread then:

Rasho should be a good addition to the Raptor's. Like many have said before in this thread and the other Rasho thread, he wasn't able to reach his potential with us due to the dominate player at the 4 spot that we have. He had a great 15 foot jump shot and defensive presence was beyond what most people will give him credit for. I gained the most respect for him last year when Timmy went down and he played at a level that reflected his pay.

Good luck Radoslav.

ata
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Were you very jealous?

jman3000
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Were you very jealous?

did you quote the wrong person?

RashoFan
06-27-2006, 02:17 PM
honestly? because he's a freak.
Beno is a freak, how??? Now if he is freaky in bed....:eyebrows.....send him my way:lol

jman3000
06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Beno is a freak, how??? Now if he is freaky in bed....:eyebrows.....send him my way:lol

*sends beno your way*

RashoFan
06-27-2006, 02:42 PM
*sends beno your way*
SWEET!!!!! Does he like redheads?????
BTW how old is Beno???

T Park
06-27-2006, 02:43 PM
good lord.....

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Beno is 23.
He will be 24 on July 5th.

He is just my age Beckie.

RashoFan
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
all right he is yours.....he is a little too young for me.

angel_luv
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
all right he is yours.....he is a little too young for me.

Beno is a keeper that is for sure.

But I am still working to get past wanting Sho. :(

Pero
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
good lord.....

:lmao :lmao :lmao