PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Adams Injured

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2006, 12:15 AM
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Former Arizona basketball player Hassan Adams suffered a stress fracture in his foot which could be a possible setback to his preparations for next week's NBA draft.

Adams sustained the injury when former Texas player P.J. Tucker accidentally stepped on his foot in a workout in New Jersey on Wednesday.

Arizona coach Lute Olson confirmed the injury and said Adams should be out about two weeks.

Adams has worked out for as many as 10 teams as he prepares for Wednesday's draft.

"The word is he's really helped himself with the workouts," Olson said. "He's moving up in the draft."

It's not clear if the injury will affect his draft status. Many have expected the All Pac-10 player to be taken in the first or second round.

-SI.com

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Hassan is a funny name.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that his ankle is actually broken and he's out at least six weeks.

Hmm ...

JMarkJohns
06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
I'd heard from a few people I know who are in the know that New York, New Jersey and Phoenix are all interested in the first round with the latter of the two picks.

That was before this injury.

Phoenix gave him a guarantee that if all their prefered needs are gone (like offensively skilled bigs or pass-first, good shooting pgs) that they'll take him.

He'll be drafted and the injury shouldn't be series, but it does suck.