PDA

View Full Version : That "vicious attack" video being shown on 760/WOAI...

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:36 AM
(sorry if there's already a thread on this, i didn't see one in the top few threads)

What are your thoughts?

Why are people calling it a vicious attack? From the few one highlight shown in the video it's obvious the guy was throwing elbows. Coming up the floor he takes a shot at the black kids face...and the kid replies by knocking his ass out.

I would have done the same thing. What is up Chance's ass on this issue?

jman3000
06-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Probably has a lot to do with the one kid being black and the other white. I don't think anybody knows the specifics as to what happened, but this shit about painting the white kid to be totally innocent is bullshit.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Throwing elbows is one thing, hitting someone when their out is another. Still, if kid was throwing elbows and threw one at the other dudes face, getting knocked out will put an end to that. Not worth pressing charges over.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 01:41 AM
(sorry if there's already a thread on this, i didn't see one in the top few threads)

What are your thoughts?

Why are people calling it a vicious attack? From the few one highlight shown in the video it's obvious the guy was throwing elbows. Coming up the floor he takes a shot at the black kids face...and the kid replies by knocking his ass out.

I would have done the same thing. What is up Chance's ass on this issue?
are you serious?? you would have done the same?? take some anger management classes then dude, you need help. The video showed nothing that would warrant that kind of reaction. That dumbass is just another punk kid that probably buys into the whole hip-hop macho bullshit. I bet he felt disrespected by the white kid pushing him and decided to protect his rep. I say no criminal charges, but ban him from playing basketball in any league for life. I bet that would hurt.

P.S. I'm not saying the white kid wasn't playing dirty, you really can't tell with what little they show, but whatever he was doing, couldn't have been bad enough to deserve that kind of beating.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Throwing elbows is one thing, hitting someone when their out is another. Still, if kid was throwing elbows and threw one at the other dudes face, getting knocked out will put an end to that. Not worth pressing charges over.

I think the initial hit might have not been worth pressing charges over (I don't really believe that, but for arguments sake) but the punches that were thrown after the kid was cold certaintly are. If he had been able to do that for a couple more seconds the dude could have had permanent brain damage.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Probably has a lot to do with the one kid being black and the other white. I don't think anybody knows the specifics as to what happened, but this shit about painting the white kid to be totally innocent is bullshit.

I can understand the white kid's dad being pissed...

But it was a retaliation. The white kid was obviously playing dirty, not just trying to get under the black guys skin but he was literally taking shots at his head. That's not "tough" defense, that's just asking for your ass to get kicked.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:44 AM

He should've stopped once the guy was knocked out...obviously that's not right and extremely dangerous. You can kill someone.

But that initial retaliation punch was called for. The guy wasn't just "throwing elbows" after a rebound like Dikembe and Malone do, he came up court and threw an elbow (without the ball being anywhere near them) at the black kids head.

Chancellor gets on my nerves. Dumbass tries to stir shit where there's just piss.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 01:46 AM
I can understand the white kid's dad being pissed...

But it was a retaliation. The white kid was obviously playing dirty, not just trying to get under the black guys skin but he was literally taking shots at his head. That's not "tough" defense, that's just asking for your ass to get kicked.
WTF? what video are you watching?? the one on CNN only shows a slight push. Give me a break!

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:47 AM
are you serious?? you would have done the same?? take some anger management classes then dude, you need help. The video showed nothing that would warrant that kind of reaction. That dumbass is just another punk kid that probably buys into the whole hip-hop macho bullshit. I bet he felt disrespected by the white kid pushing him and decided to protect his rep. I say no criminal charges, but ban him from playing basketball in any league for life. I bet that would hurt.

P.S. I'm not saying the white kid wasn't playing dirty, you really can't tell with what little they show, but whatever he was doing, couldn't have been bad enough to deserve that kind of beating.

I'm going off a 30 second clip.

What I saw was:

+White guy grabs rebound
+White guy swings elbow
+Black guy looks like he backs off and starts running upcourt
+White and black guy are running side by side
+Words seem to be exchanged
+White guy takes shot at black guys head
+Black guy takes shot back at white guy

The only difference is black guys connected better, and he should've stopped once white guy was on the floor.

Ya I would have done the same. In fact, I have done something similar. At UTSA this mexican kid kept elbowing me intentionally, finally i just gave him a little forearm shivver to the neck/face...only difference is my cousin and other people stepped in...in this case, people stood around as the black guy just went off on the white kid.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:48 AM
WTF? what video are you watching?? the one on CNN only shows a slight push. Give me a break!

The one on WOAI.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 01:50 AM
I have to admit I admire how the dad handled the whole thing. I'm usually a hot head when it comes to my family, if anyone, and I mean anyone, I don't care how old they are, is beating on my brother or I imagine, my son, like that kid was beating him, I would pummel him till either he stops breathing or someone breaks us up.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:51 AM
I have to admit I admire how the dad handled the whole thing. I'm usually a hot head when it comes to my family, if anyone, and I mean anyone, I don't care how old they are, is beating on my brother or I imagine, my son, like that kid was beating him, I would pummel him till either he stops breathing or someone breaks us up.

I agree.

I'm not one to get pissed that easily, but in a situation like that...if you walk up and see your son unconcious, I would probably snap. You don't know if he's alive, you don't know anything at that point.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm going off a 30 second clip.

What I saw was:

+White guy grabs rebound
+White guy swings elbow
+Black guy looks like he backs off and starts running upcourt
+White and black guy are running side by side
+Words seem to be exchanged
+White guy takes shot at black guys head
+Black guy takes shot back at white guy

The only difference is black guys connected better, and he should've stopped once white guy was on the floor.

Ya I would have done the same. In fact, I have done something similar. At UTSA this mexican kid kept elbowing me intentionally, finally i just gave him a little forearm shivver to the neck/face...only difference is my cousin and other people stepped in...in this case, people stood around as the black guy just went off on the white kid.
we're definately watching different clips then. I saw absolutely nothing of what you're talking about. Which isn't to say it didn't happen, but it sure as hell wasn't bad enough to warrant that kind of beating. If you think it did, you've got some serious issues.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 01:54 AM
we're definately watching different clips then. I saw absolutely nothing of what you're talking about. Which isn't to say it didn't happen, but it sure as hell wasn't bad enough to warrant that kind of beating. If you think it did, you've got some serious issues.

Yes, yes, I have issues.

I'm not saying it warranted a pummeling. But a punch to knock him on his ass? I can't say I disagreed with that reply. In fact most people in any gym would have the same response. It's not about being macho, you just can't let someone take elbow shots to your head and sit there and not do anything.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Yes, yes, I have issues.

I'm not saying it warranted a pummeling. But a punch to knock him on his ass? I can't say I disagreed with that reply. In fact most people in any gym would have the same response. It's not about being macho, you just can't let someone take elbow shots to your head and sit there and not do anything.
there's where we don't agree. First of all, I did not see ANY elbow shot to the head. I'm watching the clip over and over again and I can't see any such thing. I know the white kid elbowed the black kid because he admits to it in the video, but to the head? and hard enough for the black kid to feel he had to knock the kid unconcious?

I disagree, I do think its about idiotic macho crap. You're trying to tell me that when it boils down to it, the black kid was just trying to stop the white kid from throwing elbows at his head? and knocking him out is the best you can come up with?? and you're telling me it ISN'T about macho crap? pfff... A normal well rounded kid would perhaps, I don't know, complain to the ref so that they keep a look out for another unwarranted elbow.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:03 AM
there's where we don't agree. First of all, I did not see ANY elbow shot to the head. I'm watching the clip over and over again and I can't see any such thing. I know the white kid elbowed the black kid because he admits to it in the video, but to the head? and hard enough for the black kid to feel he had to knock the kid unconcious?

I disagree, I do think its about idiotic macho crap. You're trying to tell me that when it boils down to it, the black kid was just trying to stop the white kid from throwing elbows at his head? and knocking him out is the best you can come up with?? and you're telling me it ISN'T about macho crap? pfff...

You're not listening.

Knocking him out isn't the right reply. But a nice smack upside the head was. :D Unfortunately he connected a little too well, and the kid got knocked out. Him continuing to go after him after that was just uncalled for.

You don't see the elbow he throws running upcourt?

I only saw it once, and it was quick...but it seems like they exchange words, and the white guy throws an elbow at the black kids head/shoulder area and the black knocks him out.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
You're not listening.

Knocking him out isn't the right reply. But a nice smack upside the head was. :D Unfortunately he connected a little too well, and the kid got knocked out. Him continuing to go after him after that was just uncalled for.

You don't see the elbow he throws running upcourt?

I only saw it once, and it was quick...but it seems like they exchange words, and the white guy throws an elbow at the black kids head/shoulder area and the black knocks him out.
that was a push, not an elbow, and nowhere near hard enough to merit a punch to the face. Either way, it basically boils down to wether you think punching someone because of a game is acceptable behavior. Personally I don't.

seriously, watch it again, I've watched it plenty of times and I'm almost sure it was a slight push rather than a hard elbow to the head

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:20 AM
Link?

:elephant

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:21 AM
I made a half-ass attempt to find it on Youtube or CNN.

No luck, so you guys are on your own. :D

jman3000
06-24-2006, 02:21 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/06/23/shaw.ks.basketball.assault.affl

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/06/23/shaw.ks.basketball.assault.affl

Does this freeze for anyone else?

It's fine right up until he's about to grab the rebound. =/ I've tried it in Mozilla/AOL/IE.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 02:32 AM
The white kid pushes first, but I don't think anyone deserves to be beaten down unconscious on the basketball court.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 02:34 AM
By the way, it's already in this thread
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44697&page=1&pp=26
if you want to read more opinions.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:41 AM
I finally got the video to work.

Wow. First of all, it seems like the black kid initiates it with a little push. Nothing big, but more of a "watch your fucking elbows" type. Then the white kid pushes back harder...which the black kid replies to with a punch and all out attack.

Out of line on the black kid's part. It's a lot different after seeing it 5 times.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 02:42 AM
The black kid was out of line. Especially for hitting someone who is unconcious. However, if you play dirty or try to get away with little John Stockton stuff, it goes to show you sometimes it backfires and there isn't nearly the protection or safeguards to prevent/stop fights from happening like in the NBA.

I think the black kid needs some sort of punishment. They need to hammer it home that he easily could have taken the other kid's life.

I wish there was more video.

There has to be more to it than just this.

timvp
06-24-2006, 02:55 AM
I'd like to see the whole game and the score at the time of the incident.

Yeah, under the right circumstance I can understand the initial swing by the black kid. If that guy had been swinging his elbows all game or been playing dirty, eventually you have to stand up for yourself. Of course there's better ways to go about that rather than punching someone in the face.

What isn't a question is you don't punch someone who is already face down on the court. A solid tackle or a good push would have done the job.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 02:56 AM
they said it was only 5 minutes into the game... i cant imagine too much stuff going on in that time span... i could be wrong.

Das Texan
06-24-2006, 03:00 AM
and its the stuff that happened after he was knocked out cold that he should be prosecuted for.

timvp
06-24-2006, 03:04 AM
and its the stuff that happened after he was knocked out cold that he should be prosecuted for.

Eh I wouldn't prosecute. It happened in a basketball game. Basketball is controlled chaos. A punishment by the team or even the school should be in order.

But taking him to court over basketball would be weak. Basketball is a rough game. If he didn't want to get knocked out, he shouldn't have been throwing elbows and pushing in the first place. Obviously the black kid was in the wrong by punching the other guy while he was down, but I don't believe it was a criminal act.

Das Texan
06-24-2006, 03:06 AM
ya but there is a line you cannot cross and a line that if you cross you have to be held liable.

the kid crossed the line. you cant simply slap him on the wrist and say, it happened on the basketball court so its not 'that big a deal'

jman3000
06-24-2006, 03:09 AM
was that kid who elbowed that guy in the face down here a couple of years ago ever prosecuted?

very vague... but somebody should know of whom i speak.

timvp
06-24-2006, 03:12 AM
ya but there is a line you cannot cross and a line that if you cross you have to be held liable.

the kid crossed the line. you cant simply slap him on the wrist and say, it happened on the basketball court so its not 'that big a deal'

Where do you draw the line? Should Kevin Willis have gone to jail when he elbowed Scott Williams in the face? Should the white guy have gone to jail for the elbows and pushing?

Kermit Washington wasn't even arrested or charged with anything and that was 1123122482932 times worse.

Das Texan
06-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Where do you draw the line? Should Kevin Willis have gone to jail when he elbowed Scott Williams in the face? Should the white guy have gone to jail for the elbows and pushing?

Kermit Washington wasn't even arrested or charged with anything and that was 1123122482932 times worse.

its a fine line.

but i'd say hitting on a kid when he is fucking on the ground laid out is crossing it.

kevin willis or kermit washington didnt attack someone who was laid out already.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 03:39 AM
was that kid who elbowed that guy in the face down here a couple of years ago ever prosecuted?

I know who you're talking about.

He was nearly killed wasn't he? I don't know if the guy was ever prosecuted or not though.

IX_Equilibrium
06-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Where do you draw the line?

You've got to fucking draw it somewhere. Should Marty McSorley not have been prosecuted for hitting Donald Brashear in the head? Controlled chaos my ass. Vicious attacks should not go unpunished.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Get scared by black people tonight at ten.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 03:49 AM
I agree that the punches once he was out are way out of line, but elbows aren't a laughing matter either. I've had to get stitches to the face because of an elbow in basketball and I've had some that have come close to breaking my nose. Not all of them were intentional but some were.

Everyone here who has played ball knows that some fuckers will throw elbows without regard and they can do as much if not more damage than a punch. So I can see why the black kid would throw a punch if he'd been dealing with a fucker throwing elbows and talking shit the whole game.

I know PDBM has been in a fight whlie playing ball, I know Kris has almsot been there, and I know I've almost been there but has LJ? :lol

King
06-24-2006, 09:35 AM

Yeah - he was actually put in jail for it. It wasn't a slap on the wrist by any stretch. I don't remember how long it was for, I want to say a few months. There was a news story on him.

kris
06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
I agree that the punches once he was out are way out of line, but elbows aren't a laughing matter either. I've had to get stitches to the face because of an elbow in basketball and I've had some that have come close to breaking my nose. Not all of them were intentional but some were.

Everyone here who has played ball knows that some fuckers will throw elbows without regard and they can do as much if not more damage than a punch. So I can see why the black kid would throw a punch if he'd been dealing with a fucker throwing elbows and talking shit the whole game.

I know PDBM has been in a fight whlie playing ball, I know Kris has almsot been there, and I know I've almost been there but has LJ? :lol

I wasn't there, but I think LJ told me one time at Incarnate Word some guy kept throwing elbows or doing something agitating and LJ turned around with a roundhouse and nailed him in the mouth.

LJ has gotten mad at me a very few amount of times for how much we have played. One wasn't that long ago at Trinity when he said I like semi-punched him on the face. I know I didn't punch him, but I think I did smack him pretty good on accident.

Another time was when we were a lot younger playing at his house. I had just watched a game with post men keeping other people out of paint and out of their comfort zone. I don't know if it was 1-1 or 2-2, but everytime he tried to get down low I would just bump him back out.

I now remember when some older guy at Concord elbowed him with precision on his face. The guy was super dirty and it was obviously on purpose just because of who it was and how it happened. I didn't see the play, but when I turned around it was just LJ getting off the floor checking his blood count. I should have just blindly charged the guy, but all I did was stand there.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I wasn't there, but I think LJ told me one time at Incarnate Word some guy kept throwing elbows or doing something agitating and LJ turned around with a roundhouse and nailed him in the mouth.

LJ has gotten mad at me a very few amount of times for how much we have played. One wasn't that long ago at Trinity when he said I like semi-punched him on the face. I know I didn't punch him, but I think I did smack him pretty good on accident.

Another time was when we were a lot younger playing at his house. I had just watched a game with post men keeping other people out of paint and out of their comfort zone. I don't know if it was 1-1 or 2-2, but everytime he tried to get down low I would just bump him back out.

I now remember when some older guy at Concord elbowed him with precision on his face. The guy was super dirty and it was obviously on purpose just because of who it was and how it happened. I didn't see the play, but when I turned around it was just LJ getting off the floor checking his blood count. I should have just blindly charged the guy, but all I did was stand there.

I was going to tell those stories but forgot the details. I do know that after LJ took that elbow to the face at Concord, his face stayed swollen for a long long time. I think I remember in the Incarnate Word incident that the guy hit LJ first when LJ had his back to him. So LJ's punch was in retaliation. I'm not sure if that's correct though. He'll have to confirm when he gets online.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM

I do remember when you and my friend Will almost got into a fight at Trinity.

I haven't seen the video and I need to get ready for work, so I'll withhold comment until I actually watch.

I just wanted to step in and say something this morning.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I do remember when you and my friend Will almost got into a fight at Trinity.

Oh I've seen Kris "almost" fight (or at least scuffle) 100's of times. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh I've seen Kris "almost" fight (or at least scuffle) 100's of times. :lol

:lol

Yeah, but Kris can "eff" somebody the "eff" up.

But he's still pretty calm and cool and it seems like it takes a lot to get him riled up. Kris is nothing but cool in my book, though. He gave me a lot of support with my career start while we talked briefly last weekend.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 10:37 AM
When I was coaching them in summer league two years ago, Kris got tossed from a game for throwing a punch when he didn't really throw one. It was just a minor scuffle gone bad. Too bad his mom and dad were there gleefully watching. His mom was mortified by the whole thing. :lol

kris
06-24-2006, 10:50 AM
When I was coaching them in summer league two years ago, Kris got tossed from a game for throwing a punch when he didn't really throw one. It was just a minor scuffle gone bad. Too bad his mom and dad were there gleefully watching. His mom was mortified by the whole thing. :lol

Yeah, it was cheap. The guy grabbed my arm and I jerked it out of his grip.

I threw a "punch" and had to leave the gym.

:rolleyes

kris
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
:lol

Yeah, but Kris can "eff" somebody the "eff" up.

But he's still pretty calm and cool and it seems like it takes a lot to get him riled up. Kris is nothing but cool in my book, though. He gave me a lot of support with my career start while we talked briefly last weekend.

Thanks Joe. Mirror. That's what I try to be with as many as I can.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Note to self: Do not set dirty picks on, or piss of in any way, Kris.

CharlieMac
06-24-2006, 11:15 AM
If someone like that is knocked out, it's probably a good idea to stop punching them in the head repeately.

IX_Equilibrium
06-24-2006, 11:16 AM
The kid and his father were interviewed on CNN. The vid link is on the front page.

http://www.cnn.com/

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Personally, I think he should be prosecuted for a misdemeanor.

Under the laws eyes, technically it is a criminal act. Whether retaliatory or not, the use of force did not match the white kid's use of force. Self defense would not be a good defense.

The initial punch to me was within the basketball sphere because he was getting elbowed or pushed.

Timvp's point (I think) was where do you draw the line of what is prosecutable and what is not?

Many fouls and hard fouls in the NBA would constitute "assault". But you don't see players going around filing chargers. The only time I've seen charges being filed were in the Pacers/Pistons brawl...and that was because fans were involved.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I've thrown punches after being elbowed before. It fucking sucks to catch what you think is an intentional elbow to the face.

I've also thrown a punch when someone undercut Brad really badly. You can really fuck someone up by taking out their legs out from under them, and I hated this guy on top of that.

:lol I've seen lots of Kris close calls. He's mellowed out a lot though. Actually I think lots of us have mellowed out quite a bit. We all used to be way more fired up when we played ball 4-5 years ago.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 11:31 AM
The punches after the dude goes down are pretty fucked up. Any fight I've ever seen rarely goes past the 1st punch if the 1st punch does that kind of damage.

kris
06-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Well you always have to have prosecutable intent. Driving through the lane and plowing someone over is within the confines of basketball so that's not going to happen. Elbowing someone in most cases you can probably get some sort of Dikembe Mutombo immunity because it was in the course of basketball.

Like I said, I'm fine on letting the first punch fly. The after punches are criminal no matter how you look at it. The white kid was layed out defenseless and the black kid still went after him.

He had the intent and then followed through with inflicting physical harm.

kris
06-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I've thrown punches after being elbowed before. It fucking sucks to catch what you think is an intentional elbow to the face.

I've also thrown a punch when someone undercut Brad really badly. You can really fuck someone up by taking out their legs out from under them, and I hated this guy on top of that.

:lol I've seen lots of Kris close calls. He's mellowed out a lot though. Actually I think lots of us have mellowed out quite a bit. We all used to be way more fired up when we played ball 4-5 years ago.

Besides all getting huffy-puffy and pushing someone, I've never really done anything else.

A push could be considered assault, but not bloody likely to be prosecuted as one. I haven't done anything even in the vending machine of the ballpark that black kid did.

MannyIsGod
06-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah, I've never even seen you get in an actual fight. Thats why I said close calls.

fraga
06-24-2006, 12:10 PM
That's just not your typical basketball jarring and pushing...that sh!t is just pathetic...that little f*cker should go to jail...f*cking punching someone face down...what kind of b!tch ass sh!t is that...that's just straight pussy right there...

ZStomp
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Tony Limon???

King
06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
I've played with Kris only a handful of times, and seen him get into it with people. Nothing big - but he doesn't back down, and he's physical as all hell. Not dirty, though.

PM5K
06-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I think that the guy just totally over reacted, and I think that someone who would react that way needs some serious help.

I don't know how to explain it other than to say that I would never react that way and I'm pretty sure none of us ever would, he threw something like five or six punches at the guy, who wasn't fighting back and was unconcious on the floor...

whottt
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
People shove during the course of a basketball game...people swing elbows on occassion when they pull down a board and are getting crowded...

What people do not do, is beat on the skulls of unconscious people...there is nothing to justify that kids actions other than mindless rage...

And he did shove first when they were running down the court anyway.

There is no way anyone can justify or apologize for that kid continuing to beat on the other kid after he was unconscious...just throwing the kid on his head could have killed him, but you can excuse that as being unintentional...but when you continue to beat on an unconscious person the only thing left you can do to them is permanent brain damage or death. There is no excusing it.

Basketball might be a rough game, it might be physical game....but it should not be a game where your kid might get beaten to death for shoving someone.

That kid should not be allowed on a basketball court in an organized game ever again...

And the first thing that kids mom needs to do is send a thank you to the father of the kid that got beat for preventing her son from murdering someone...and I gurantee you charges would have been pressed.

The human skull can only take so many blows, it is an organic thing, not a rock...and that kid showed no signs of stopping...

whottt
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Kevin Willis' shot in Williams was total thug, it was intentional, and if he had crushed Williams larynx with that shot you damn right there would have been ground for legal recourse. Man I was pissed at Willis when he did that. He deserved every bit of that suspension. Even still...Willis didn't knock Williams unconscious and continue to beat on him.

Throwing an elbow, dependa, usually no(although a suspension might be in order)...pushing, no, throwing a punch no, depends on how it was done, usuaally no(although again, a suspension might be in order), throwing someone down on the ground, no(suspension thing again).

I mean come'on...

Is it really that hard to tell the difference between a shove and a punch? Shove's don't hurt...they just piss you off. Punches usually do.

And it's one thing if it's just a punch cause you are pissed in the heat of a confrontation and entirely another if you size someone up, premeditate it with intent to seriously fuck them up.

Throwing the kid down was not that big of a deal, even though that's what did the most damage...it was the way he continued to beat on his limp body.

Continuing to beat on someone after they are unconcious, like Kris said...it's criminal and there was no need for it, and no justification for it. He was out of control and is a danger to other people kids.

Kermit Washington didn't intend to hurt Rudy T as badly as he did BTW...Rudy stuck his face into a skirmish and paid the price for it...the damage might have been worse than what happened in this game, but the intent was not.

If the kid goes into uncontrollable rage like that he shouldn't be allowed around other kids.

Mixability
06-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah, under the right circumstance I can understand the initial swing by the black kid. If that guy had been swinging his elbows all game or been playing dirty, eventually you have to stand up for yourself. Of course there's better ways to go about that rather than punching someone in the face.

What isn't a question is you don't punch someone who is already face down on the court. A solid tackle or a good push would have done the job.

:tu
The black kid should've just knocked him the fuck out and stopped. To keep on punching was idiotic. If he was trying to protect his rep and come off as a bad ass, a single punch knockout would've made him look better than to continue punching the white kid while unconcious. The white kid got on my nerves at the beginning of the video with all that "Karl Malone" shit. Seems to me like he "thought" he could get away with that, then the black kid showed him he couldn't.