PDA

View Full Version : Presti given Emerson College award

Kori Ellis
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Presti given Emerson College award
Friday, June 23, 2006

http://www2.townonline.com/concord/socialEvents/view.bg?articleid=524070&format=text

Concord native Sam Presti was recognized for his outstanding contributions to the Emerson community with an alumni achievement award, Saturday, June 3, as part of the Emerson College's 125th annual Alumni Weekend held at the Hyatt Regency Boston.

As the assistant general manager for the world champion NBA team, the San Antonio Spurs, Presti has gained the admiration of the league, for this intelligence, hard work, and leadership. When he was scouting talent for the Spurs, Presti became known as the globetrotting and eagle eye "NBA's Indiana Jones."

Presti earned his Emerson degree in communication, politics and law in 2000. He first joined the Spurs as an intern in the summer of 2000. After one season, Presti was named the team's basketball special assistant. Then in September of 2002, he was promoted to assistant director of scouting. Presti was named the Spurs director of player personnel in September 2003, and became the Spurs assistant general manager in September 2005. He led the design and implementation of the Spurs scouting database, a system that is now being used by numerous teams throughout the NBA.

Presti played basketball at Emerson where he once wrote up a contract that legally bound each of his teammates to play hard. :lol And he was Emerson's first Rhodes Scholar candidate.

Presti is also an accomplished drummer and has produced three music CDs with all proceeds benefiting the Extra Ordinary Needs Fund at Children's Hospital in Boston.

xcoriate
06-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Presti is awesome, I totally forgot about the contract he made with his teammates, hilarious.

jman3000
06-24-2006, 03:00 AM
:lol @ the contract to play hard... i'm surprised the NCAA didn't go on a witch hunt to do away with that.

AFE7FATMAN
06-24-2006, 04:32 AM
Someone will make this man a GM and when they do They will get one of the best ever.

Phenomanul
06-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Presti given Emerson College award
Friday, June 23, 2006

http://www2.townonline.com/concord/socialEvents/view.bg?articleid=524070&format=text

Concord native Sam Presti was recognized for his outstanding contributions to the Emerson community with an alumni achievement award, Saturday, June 3, as part of the Emerson College's 125th annual Alumni Weekend held at the Hyatt Regency Boston.

As the assistant general manager for the world champion NBA team, the San Antonio Spurs, Presti has gained the admiration of the league, for this intelligence, hard work, and leadership. When he was scouting talent for the Spurs, Presti became known as the globetrotting and eagle eye "NBA's Indiana Jones."

Presti earned his Emerson degree in communication, politics and law in 2000. He first joined the Spurs as an intern in the summer of 2000. After one season, Presti was named the team's basketball special assistant. Then in September of 2002, he was promoted to assistant director of scouting. Presti was named the Spurs director of player personnel in September 2003, and became the Spurs assistant general manager in September 2005. He led the design and implementation of the Spurs scouting database, a system that is now being used by numerous teams throughout the NBA.

Presti played basketball at Emerson where he once wrote up a contract that legally bound each of his teammates to play hard. :lol And he was Emerson's first Rhodes Scholar candidate.

Presti is also an accomplished drummer and has produced three music CDs with all proceeds benefiting the Extra Ordinary Needs Fund at Children's Hospital in Boston.

I didn't think it was the same Presti... I went to an Emerson vs M.I.T. basketball game in '99 or '00 since my sister was attending Emerson College...

hmmm what do you know... small world sometimes..