PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best player in the Nba?

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 03:22 PM
According to the results on Espn.com.Here are the results.

Kobe Bryant 21%
LeBron James 28%
Steve Nash 5%
Dirk Nowitzki 4%
Dwayne Wade 42%

StylisticS
06-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Now I know that what Wade did to my team was great and shitted on my team. But I still would take Kobe or Lebron and when it comes down to it, I'll take Kobe. Lebron in a few years tho.

themvp
06-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Tim Duncan

trueD
06-24-2006, 04:01 PM
According to the results on Espn.com. . . . So, new NBA fans who watched the finals found ESPN.com and figured out the voting button thingies, BFD.

Dwayne is good and will get better, so will LeBron. But anyone who pays attention to b-ball on a day-to-day basis for 7+ months out of the year knows that Stephon Marbury is the best basketball player in the NBA. A close second is Gary Payton, followed by Cuttino Mobley. Honorable mention goes to Letrell Spreewell (who is just enjoying a little sabbatical, btw) and my personal fav Ron Artest - you go honey.

:wakeup

ESPN is dead to me.

Burn531
06-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Why are you making up polls that aren't even real?

1. You make a thread of the same question only it's not a poll. The same players and the same % only you say it's from NBA.com.

2. Those polls never existed from ESPN or NBA .com. ESPN's poll asked which tennis player is the greatest and NBA.com's poll asked Who will win the 2007 title.

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 04:25 PM

1. You make a thread of the same question only it's not a poll. The same players and the same % only you say it's from NBA.com.

2. Those polls never existed from ESPN or NBA .com. ESPN's poll asked which tennis player is the greatest and NBA.com's poll asked Who will win the 2007 title.
:lmao

THE SIXTH MAN
06-24-2006, 04:44 PM
What does ESPN know about basketball? This is the same network that gives mediocre journalists like Bill Plaschkie and Woody paige air time. I don't believe in their polls either.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-24-2006, 04:47 PM
He may note be on the poll, but Id vote for Duncan.

Burn531
06-24-2006, 04:59 PM
:lmao

The fact that you find it very funny just proves to me you realize I made you look stupid.

mavsfan1000
06-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd take Wade since Wade had the best playoffs of all the big players even though Kobe outplayed Wade in the regular season. Wade was just unstoppable against Detroit and Dallas and is the reason Miami won the championship.

jochhejaam
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM
A toss-up between James and Wade as of now. Wade's a better shooter but I'd give the edge to James because he sees the floor better (better passer) and he's a better rebounder. Both need to work on their defense and I expect they'll both improve in that area.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Andres Nocioni

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 05:33 PM
The fact that you find it very funny just proves to me you realize I made you look stupid.

Stop hating!I'm not stupid.

Bob Lanier
06-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best guard in the game. Tim Duncan is the best big man.

I'd be interested in seeing what Wade would be like if he were only officiated like Jordan, but he's a winner.

James? Eh. Good rebounder. Good passer. Great finisher. Good handle when he's allowed to travel and push off. Has a flawed shot, although he's streaky. Piss-poor defense. Likely on 'roids.

I'd put Iverson, Garnett, Nash, and Nowitzki in the 'eh' category as well. Each of them has two or three strengths which they're among the best in the league at, but several terrible deficiencies which they're almost equally bad at.

ThEcZaR
06-24-2006, 05:59 PM
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant

Fabbs
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Tim Duncan
DWade
Lebron
Kevin Garnett

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Why some of you voting for Kobe Bryant?Kobe is a ball hog.Will Kobe win a championship without Shaq?No.Is Kobe the next M.J.?No.Is Kobe better than M.J.No.

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Actually this was a real poll on ESPN. I believe it was yesterday or the day before.

My vote goes to Kobe followed by Lebron.

Wade's getting tons of love because he's the flavor of the month. He's the one we've been watching forthe last 2 weeks. He played great in the Finals. And will only continue to get better. I expect next year He'll start to be more ball hoggish as Shaq is nearly a non factor, and the offense will run through him and only him.

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually this was a real poll on ESPN. I believe it was yesterday or the day before.

My vote goes to Kobe followed by Lebron.

Wade's getting tons of love because he's the flavor of the month. He's the one we've been watching forthe last 2 weeks. He played great in the Finals. And will only continue to get better. I expect next year He'll start to be more ball hoggish as Shaq is nearly a non factor, and the offense will run through him and only him.

Thanks!

JMarkJohns
06-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I voted Kobe, LeBron and Wade. Each is too good to make a definative decision.

Ever the politician, that is my choice.

Hardpressed, I'd probably say Kobe, but it's only because he's more experienced.

Most talented is Wade.

pussyface
06-24-2006, 07:13 PM
....wade more talented than lebron?
thats really splitting hairs.

if your going to make a questionable pronouncement like this, why not man up and pick an overall best?

Texas_Ranger
06-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Duncan, this polls on NBA com sucks.

RON ARTEST
06-25-2006, 04:08 AM
now your making up polls?

RON ARTEST
06-25-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm not stupid.
i dont know about that. people who make up polls are pretty dumb if you ask me.

Duncan21
06-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Tim Duncan
:tu

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm sure the original poster didn't put it up here with the sole intention of pissing off Spurs fans. Perish the thought.

Tim Duncan.

kingsfan
06-25-2006, 07:50 AM
All day baby, Wade.

mabber
06-25-2006, 10:32 AM
I voted Kobe, LeBron and Wade. Each is too good to make a definative decision.

Ever the politician, that is my choice.

Hardpressed, I'd probably say Kobe, but it's only because he's more experienced.

Most talented is Wade.

I agree with this. I'd probably say Kobe right now if I had to, but LeBron & Wade are very close. I'd start a team with LeBron right now.

mike detroit
06-25-2006, 10:37 AM
lebron does things that seem impossible. he's easily the best.

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 10:42 AM
lebron does things that seem impossible. he's easily the best.
I think Lebron is the best player on that list, and barring tragedy he's going to be better than everyone by a long shot. John Stockton's skills in Karl Malone's body.

mabber
06-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I think Lebron is the best player on that list, and barring tragedy he's going to be better than everyone by a long shot. John Stockton's skills in Karl Malone's body.

That's a good description of him and I agree he'll be the best of the bunch if he's not already.

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 11:27 AM
SHAQUILLE RASHAUN O'NEAL,yes you read right,even at the age of 34 at the twilight of his prime there is no strategy(exept fouling him all the time)that can stop the shaq attack,and besides you cant take his 4 championships 3 finals mvp,2 time scoring champion,and 6 final apperances away from him;)

bulletedge
06-25-2006, 11:30 AM
LeBron

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
SHAQUILLE RASHAUN O'NEAL,yes you read right,even at the age of 34 at the twilight of his prime there is no strategy(exept fouling him all the time)that can stop the shaq attack,and besides you cant take his 4 championships 3 finals mvp,2 time scoring champion,and 6 final apperances away from him;)
Dumbfuck, he's not even the best player on his own team.

shelshor
06-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Tim Duncan

DallasFan
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
I'd take Kobe...he can make a shot ANYWHERE on the court...

StylisticS
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
.Will Kobe win a championship without Shaq?No
Did you look into your crystal ball to see this outcome. How the hell do you know that Kobe will not win a championship w/o Shaq. It isn't like Kobe is 33 and declining. Hell, he's not even 30.

Is Kobe the next M.J.?No
your point? Is Wade the next MJ, NO

Is Kobe better than M.J.No
Your point? Is Wade better than MJ, NO

JMarkJohns
06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
I agree with this. I'd probably say Kobe right now if I had to, but LeBron & Wade are very close. I'd start a team with LeBron right now.

Careful... agreeing with me will make you an enemy of pusspuss and N4th4n...

Kobe's more experienced and the better FT shooter. Not just during the first three quarters, but during the last two minutes as well.

Until Wade or LeBron become as consistant at the line, both during the game and crunchtime, Kobe probably holds the slightest of leads for best overall player.

pussyface
06-25-2006, 03:12 PM
...seems like pretty much everyone agrees with you.
you are a spurstalk god.
you are a very powerful man.

to be honest, i dont understand why you think that although these 3 are too close to seperate you feel that wade is clearly more talented than lebron.

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Dumbfuck, he's not even the best player on his own team.

He may not be the best scorer or clutch player on the team but tell me

WHO CAN STOP SHAQ????????

no one right,THEN HE IS STILL THE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER IN THE NBA!!!

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you look into your crystal ball to see this outcome. How the hell do you know that Kobe will not win a championship w/o Shaq. It isn't like Kobe is 33 and declining. Hell, he's not even 30.

your point? Is Wade the next MJ, NO

Your point? Is Wade better than MJ, NO

I just know that Kobe will not win a championship without Shaq.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
lol..so your saying that if kobe ended up playng with garnett or duncan he wouldn't win a championship unless it was shaq..well put

pussyface
06-25-2006, 05:10 PM
...anytime someone cites "just knowing" as their reasoning, you can pretty much throw what they are saying out the window.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-25-2006, 05:13 PM
lol..not just that but he claims that miami will defend their title next and at the same time the spurs will win it

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 05:13 PM
lol..so your saying that if kobe ended up playng with garnett or duncan he wouldn't win a championship unless it was shaq..well put

I'm saying that Kobe will not win a championship with Shaq on Lakers.If he was on a team with Garrrent or Duncan he will win a championship.

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 05:14 PM
lol..not just that but he claims that miami will defend their title next and at the same time the spurs will win it

I'm a female.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-25-2006, 05:15 PM
meh..your an idiot either way

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 05:16 PM
meh..your an idiot either way

I'm not an idoit.

J.T.
06-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Of the players in that poll, Wade. He beat the Mavs by himself. Thank you, Mr. Wade.

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Of the players in that poll, Wade. He beat the Mavs by himself. Thank you, Mr. Wade.

Finally,Someone with common sence.

JMarkJohns
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
to be honest, i dont understand why you think that although these 3 are too close to seperate you feel that wade is clearly more talented than lebron.

Never said clearly. You, like normal, are making it up.

I said Wade is most talented.

The reasoning?

All three can slash and score with the best of them.

All three can defend and/or rack up defensive numbers.

All three can rebound very well for their positions.

However, Kobe doesn't have the PG instincts to consistantly include teammates within the offense. Wade and James do. However, LeBron doesn't have the shot that Wade has. James seems to force shots within the offense. With Wade, even if the shot misses, you feel like it was in the flow of the offense. James and Kobe are much more of an Isolation type of offensive player than Wade is. If they can't break you down off the dribble, they'll attempt a well-guarded shot from 18-feet or further. Wade will simply pass the ball and use screens, backscreens or even keep the ball and use a pick to get an open shot.

Again, you can use this for the case of Wade as best player. However, because of experience and a few minor factors, I think Kobe is slightly better right now.

I think Wade is the most talented and therefore in a few years should, with the FT improvement, become the best all around player in the NBA.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 06:47 PM
All three can defend and/or rack up defensive numbers.
Meaning, steals? Kobe is the only one of the three I'd call a good defensive player. Wade is slightly above average but has good anticipation reading the passing lanes. James is just a horrible defender.

SA Gunslinger
06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Tim Duncan

mabber
06-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Meaning, steals? Kobe is the only one of the three I'd call a good defensive player. Wade is slightly above average but has good anticipation reading the passing lanes. James is just a horrible defender.

Yeah, Kobe is a better defender than Wade at this point but with talent like these guys have it's just a matter of desire. Kobe decided awhile back (trying to emulate MJ) that he would always put forth the defensive effort. Wade is required to play some defense under Riley and LeBron really hasn't been asked to play much defense as yet. It's not like LeBron can't play it. I'm sure when the Cavs start competing for the title he'll be playing very good defense.

Quadzilla99
06-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Next season if Tim Duncan plays anywhere close to like he did versus the Mavs in the playoffs-32.3 ppg 57% shooting 12.7rpg 2.67bpg-it's not even close imo. Kobe 2nd. Kobe and Tim got rings Lebron doesn't.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm sure when the Cavs start competing for the title he'll be playing very good defense.
That's almost meaninglessly vague. There are absolutely no guarantees that the Cavs will ever compete for the title, much less that James will play good defense at that time. You could say things like

with talent like these guys have it's just a matter of desire.about almost everybody in the NBA, and yet there are plenty of horrible defenders around, even (especially?) among the elite scorers. Talent, skill, and raw physical ability are not a guarantee of anything.

pussyface
06-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Jmark: you said definitively that dwyane wade is more talented than lebron james.
you said that as overall players they are too close to call.

by this logic, lebron james is getting more out of less natural ability than wade. to me and most other basketball observors, it seems obvious that the reverse is true.

lebron james i think is pretty clearly the most talented player of his generation.

i took issue with you saying that although it wasn't clear who the best player was, it could definitively be stated that wade was bar none the most talented.

if you are going to go out on a limb and make the controvercial statement that "wade is the most talented," you might as well go ahead and pick an overall best while you're at it.

pussyface
06-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Never said clearly. You, like normal, are making it up.

I said Wade is most talented.

I am a person who uses integrity with my arguments, so I want to address this. It is not my intention to put words in your mouth. Thats not fair. You misquote me and exagerate my claims frequently as a rhetorical device, and I need to distance myself from that.

The reason I said "clearly" was based on an apparently faulty conclusion I made based on you leaving out any modifier in proclaiming Wade the most talented. If you had said
"Wade is probably the most talented..."
"Wade is slightly more talented"
"Wade is arguably the most talented" etc, I would have left "clearly" out.

You stated point blank, taking nothing out of context, "Wade is the most talented." All your other points had some pretense of nuance. So i thought you thought it was a pretty cut and dried issue.

At any rate, I apologize for unfairly charachterizing your belief. This was not my intention.

RON ARTEST
06-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Dumbfuck
didnt you just talk about me calling people names for not agreeing with me?

Obstructed_View
06-26-2006, 05:18 AM
didnt you just talk about me calling people names for not agreeing with me?
:lol

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-26-2006, 08:54 AM
According to the results on Espn.com.Here are the results.

Kobe Bryant 21%
LeBron James 28%
Steve Nash 5%
Dirk Nowitzki 4%
Dwayne Wade 42%

i think im gonna throw up. these people are idiots. no joke. Dwayne Wade is NOT NOT NOT better than Kobe. Dwayne Wade had two 40 point games in the FInals. so? he did great but Kobe does this on a nightly basis. and he had performances like this in the playoffs when Shaq was on his team, and they dominated. Kobe can make any shot on the court. plays perfect defense, has incredible passing skills, way more clutch than anybody on this list. has the championships. complete package

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Tim Duncan during the Mavs series was easily the best player in the NBA :)

I'm going to have to go with Kobe. 81 points and 64-63 is still mind-boggling to me :lol

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I think probably that mike james is the best player in the league