PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong?

boutons_
06-25-2006, 12:57 PM
For about the last 24 hours, extremely difficult to get into ST, while all other sites come fast as always.

Is it the ST server or Internet connectivity?

bigdog
06-25-2006, 12:58 PM
no, its probably the server, i had the same problems over here where i live. and my connection is really fast.

clubalien
06-25-2006, 01:33 PM
last night early morning I couldn't reach spurs talk at all

boutons_
06-25-2006, 01:50 PM
ok, between 13:30 - 14:00 Sunday, normal performance again.

beirmeistr
06-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Me too.
Couls not get into ST until about 10 this morning. Had to visit "the other site" to get my basketball fix.

FilSpursFan
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Me too cant get to ST yesterday morning Phil Time

dougp
06-25-2006, 07:52 PM
The server was up ... the webservice was probably down. If you noticed it'd say "Web site connected ..." but would never load. Service probably crashed for some reason.

NorCal510
06-25-2006, 08:14 PM
ive been gone, i dont know!!

Kori Ellis
06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
It was down last night but up as of 2am this morning.

We weren't home when it went down.

How many of you were having problems after 2am?

exstatic
06-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I couldn't get on the board last night late, but have been on without interruption since about 9AM.

boutons_
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
I had problems early Sat evening and until early Sun afternoon.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I got the error too.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2006, 05:35 AM
It was down last night but up as of 2am this morning.

We weren't home when it went down.

How many of you were having problems after 2am?
I could ping it but couldn't get connected until ~ 6AM

Slomo
06-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Guys

I need more precise information.

We know the web server was down from roughly 7:15 PM Saturday until 2:30 AM Sunday CDT (SA time). So when you say you still had problems at 6 am please tell us what time zone and whether you were awake all night and tried from time to time and it started working at 6 or that it wasn't working until you woke up and tried again at 6.

The reason why I am asking this is so that we can understand if the problem is server side or if it's a weird local cache problem that you are having. The logs on a forum like that are huge and I can't find specific stuff in it without precise info.

Thanks!

P.S. When you are mentioning "getting the error" it would be nice if you could tell which error and where you are (roughly, ie city and state/country)

boutons_
06-26-2006, 08:55 AM
As I said, my problems with ST server were from sometime late Sat morning until early Sunday afternoon, SA time. The Sunday 2:30 AM "fix" did nothing for my problems.

A few times I had Firefox time outs with "looking up spurstalk.com", but predominantly, the server was found, but Firefox timed out waiting for the www service. Pages would start to load, and then die, or dribble in slowly until timing out.

traceroute was ok up to eva.spurstalk,com, although the penultimate hop seems to have all ICMP disabled, which is bad practice. Some ICMP services should be left on.

ping to eva. spurstalk.com was good

but browser or telnet access to port 80 was horrible, no or very slow response.

ST returned to fast, normal operation between 13:30 and 14:00 Sunday SA time.

During the ST problems, all other websites I frequent were responding normally.

Slomo
06-26-2006, 09:04 AM
As I said, my problems with ST server were from sometime late Sat morning until early Sunday afternoon, SA time. The Sunday 2:30 AM "fix" did nothing for my problems.

A few times I had Firefox time outs with "looking up spurstalk.com", but predominantly, the server was found, but Firefox timed out waiting for the www service. Pages would start to load, and then die, or dribble in slowly until timing out.

traceroute was ok up to eva.spurstalk,com, although the penultimate hop seems to have all ICMP disabled, which is bad practice. Some ICMP services should be left on.

ping to eva. spurstalk.com was good

but browser or telnet access to port 80 was horrible, no or very slow response.

ST returned to fast, normal operation between 13:30 and 14:00 Sunday SA time.

During the ST problems, all other websites I frequent were responding normally.OK that's information.

Regarding the penultimate hop - it's the server's company decision not ours. Although I agree a certain level of ICMP should be always enabled.

Regarding the sloweness, we'll look into it again, but it was working fine for me from several different locations (including US and Canada) so to track you're specific connection can you PM me your IP? (if you have a fix IP that is) so I can look at how the server responded to your specific inquiries.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I was up all night and tried it periodically. I pinged it just to make sure the DNS was working. The browser would time out on me when I tried to connect. I checked my post times to figure out about when I was able to see it again.

I'm in Dallas.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I couldn't get on at all, starting way before 7:15 saturday (SA time). Not once could I get onto this site.

I'm in Philly

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm in Del Rio.