PDA

View Full Version : Nazr + Brent + Beno for Jared Jefferies + Washington's first round pick.

Hoy
06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
We can then use the pick for Diaz for the combo guard.

I saw Diaz against Duke and was impressed by his quickness, handle, and his emerging medium range shot. Although he got tired by the end of the game, he made an impression. In fact, i would take him over Riddick.

Does this work?

Center - Tim, Toke, Oberto
Forward - Tim, Bonner, Horry, Jefferies, Oberto
Small Forward - Bowen, Jefferies, Fin
Guard - Manu, Fin, Diaz, Jefferies
Point - Tony, Diaz, Manu

Sense
06-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I really don't know why people love to make threads of whatever trade they want...

Just keep it in your mind, I guarantee it won't happen.

Hoy
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
We can throw in rights to Scola.

Washington is disappointed with Ethan and Haywood, and Butler is the small forward of choice. Jefferies would back up 3, 4. They want a replacement for Hughes as well and Berry might do for them.

Scola is the x-factor that might tempt Wizard to do this.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
What about a trade with Yao?

We can send manu and Tony along with Beno and Robert for Yao and Mutombo. We would have the best froncourt in the whole NBA

:shootme

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2006, 04:25 PM
the question is does the wiz want nazr or not, remember he is a FA, and he can just bolt if he wants, unless teh wiz are goin to pay him good, then sign n trade

Streakyshooter08
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I would do that trade but I doubt it would happen. But I think they would still need a quality big man. Javokas/ Oberto and Bonner would not be enough...

Hoy
06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
I would do that trade but I doubt it would happen. But I think they would still need a quality big man. Javokas/ Oberto and Bonner would not be enough...

Jefferies can guard Bonzi, Artest, Carmelo, Odom, Bron, Dirk...

I am afraid Tim have to be the quality big man due to financial constraints.

rayray2k8
06-25-2006, 04:33 PM
No, no and no.
How many of these fantasy threads are we gonna have made up?
Lets just strip the whole team!! :lol

Big P
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
So you would pay Jefferies what Nazr & Barry make combined...you really think he is worth $11 mil. plus a year...your kidding right?

Bruno
06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

That's pointless to discuss about a trade when it doesn't respect the CBA.

Hoy
06-25-2006, 04:37 PM
So you would pay Jefferies what Nazr & Barry make combined...you really think he is worth $11 mil. plus a year...your kidding right?

I was thinking about 5 - 7 millions for Jefferies. Obviously we have to take back some player to make the numbers.

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 04:42 PM
You want to give up three players, a bigman, a quality veteran and a young PG, for one 6PPG 5RPG PF I don't think I had even heard of and a draft pick?

Big P
06-25-2006, 04:49 PM
The Wiz dont have any $5 mil players that we would want that have a short contract...all of their guys are signed to long term contracts.

beirmeistr
06-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Never happen but I like your nickname for Javtokas-----Toke.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 05:05 PM
No, no and no.
How many of these fantasy threads are we gonna have made up?
Lets just strip the whole team!! :lol

Why don't we all strip and dance in the moonlight :elephant

Slinkyman
06-25-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd love to have Jeffries but the Wiz don't want that trash.

Although there's a good chance nazr, beno and barry aren't in sa by next season.

Spurologist
06-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Jeffries isn't worth three good quality players

rayray2k8
06-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Nah how about this.
NVE for Dwight Howard!!
I Loooooove this trade!!
This trade is perfect for the spurs, its gonna be the 2nd coming
of the twin towers!!
Im sure DH will take the MLE.
and then well bring over Luis Scola, Ben Wallace, Stephen Jackson, AK47, Bobby Jackson and Speedy!! :elephant :elephant :spin :clap :smokin

and then...
Get my drift?
Do you guys now what a salary cap is? :rolleyes

Spurologist
06-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Nah how about this.
NVE for Dwight Howard!!
I Loooooove this trade!!
This trade is perfect for the spurs, its gonna be the 2nd coming
of the twin towers!!
Im sure DH will take the MLE.
and then well bring over Luis Scola, Ben Wallace, Stephen Jackson, AK47, Bobby Jackson and Speedy!! :elephant :elephant :spin :clap :smokin

and then...
Get my drift?
Do you guys now what a salary cap is? :rolleyes

nah the salary cap is overrated. I'll take Beno for Caron Butler straight up

Pistons < Spurs
06-27-2006, 01:58 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20060626-115926-5134r.htm

Jeffries soon could entertain offers

Soon after tomorrow's NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards must decide what to do with restricted free agent Jared Jeffries.
Because he is a restricted free agent, the Wizards can match any offer made to the 6-foot-11 forward.
According to sources with knowledge of the situation, a number of teams will show interest in Jeffries when they are allowed to do so beginning Saturday.
Teams interested in Jeffries include Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, San Antonio and New York.
Jeffries averaged 6.4 points and 4.9 rebounds and started 77 games for the Wizards last season. In the Wizards' first-round loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, he averaged 8.0 points, 6.2 rebounds and a team-high 1.17 blocks in 35.8 minutes a game.
Jeffries averaged just 25.3 minutes a game in the regular season, which concerned some teams at the time. However, when the Wizards demonstrated a need to rely on him more in the playoffs and his minutes increased, his agent, Andy Miller, believes those teams put those fears to rest.
"Teams wondered about why his minutes fluctuated, and he did to," Miller said yesterday. "I know that Jared is going to want have more confidence that he's going to see his playing time be more stable."
Sources with the Wizard have said they want to keep Jeffries, but that will no doubt depend on the offers he receives. Last season, Jeffries earned a little less than $2.8 million.
The Wizards will have their mid-level exception available to them to sign Jeffries as well. That would enable them to sign him to a five-year deal at a little more than $5 million a season.
During the past month, two agents agreed that Jeffries had shown enough versatility in the regular season and the playoffs -- he played all five position at various points in the season -- to increase his worth perhaps two-fold.
"He's capable of playing a lot of varying roles and teams noticed that," said one agent, requesting to remain anonymous. "He's 6-11, he's athletic and he's coachable. Those are the things teams like in a player."
The Wizards have just less than $49 million committed to salaries for next season. The salary cap for next season will be determined later this summer but is expected to increase by a few million. Last year it jumped by almost $6 million.
More important than going over the salary cap is avoiding the luxury tax, which last season was triggered when teams spent more than $61.7 million on salaries.
Teams exceeding the luxury tax must match every dollar they spend over the tax.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-27-2006, 02:10 AM

That's pointless to discuss about a trade when it doesn't respect the CBA.

How did you go about calculating that, without a number to put in for Nazr?

T Park
06-27-2006, 02:13 AM
good lord, the Spurs are actually interested in the stiff?

Im gonna be sick.

Mr. Body
06-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Jesus. You're giving up every single one of our assets for Jared Jeffries?

Jared freaking Jeffries?

Mindless, mindless, mindless, mindless, mindless.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2006, 02:16 AM

Im gonna be sick.

Stiff?

I wouldn't want the Spurs to give up much to get him, but it's not bad that they are looking at him in free agency.

He's a good choice for athletic, defensive-minded, long small forward.

Mr. Body
06-27-2006, 02:21 AM
He's not bad off the bench.

Bruno
06-27-2006, 03:01 AM
How did you go about calculating that, without a number to put in for Nazr?

Because it's far from working, Wizards can't take more than 125%+100k.
Even if Jeffries is way overpaid and Nazr way underpaid, it won't work. (Jeffries will be a BYC player)

leemajors
06-27-2006, 07:50 AM
i just can't shake his ncaa tourney performance for indiana. the guy can play, doubt we can afford him, wizards could match any offer we make.

dbestpro
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
You will have to pay Jeffries 8-10 mil to make it work.

ducks
06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
would you give scola up for him only kori?

Bruno
06-27-2006, 10:28 AM
You will have to pay Jeffries 8-10 mil to make it work.

No, Jeffries will be BYC.
The only way to do it is to give a max contract to Jeffries (starting salary : $12M) and to give less than $1.5M to Nazr. :lol

You must add too a third team under the cap and Spurs must give them a player like Oberto

ducks
06-27-2006, 10:30 AM
wizzards only have the mle they can use on him

why would anyteam need to pay him 8 million a year?

dbestpro
06-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Nazr 5 mil (estimate)
Brent 5.1 mil
Beno 967K

total 11 mil (25% range) 2.75 mil +100K 2.85 mil
range 8.15 mil - 13.85 mil

obviously you wouldn't sign him on the upside so the downside is more accurate or in other words 8-10 mil.

dbestpro
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
I am not saying he should be paid this. I am just saying it is what it would cost to sign him straight up.

Bruno
wizzards only have the mle they can use on him

Wizards can give him a $95M/6 years contract (bird rights) but he will get a deal around the MLE (and he will be overpaid).

dbestpro
Also, I don't like the trade either.

loveforthegame
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
What about Caron Butler?

Bruno
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Nazr 5 mil (estimate)
Brent 5.1 mil
Beno 967K

total 11 mil (25% range) 2.75 mil +100K 2.85 mil
range 8.15 mil - 13.85 mil

obviously you wouldn't sign him on the upside so the downside is more accurate or in other words 8-10 mil.

No, it doesn't work.
Three letter BYC.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Most people don't know about BYC making a difference.

Here you go ...

Read 73 through 75. :)

dbestpro
06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
The BYC kicks in for teams over the salary cap. Wash. can sign Jeffries trade him and stay under the cap. There current team salary is at $48,061,653, which includes a 2.7 allocation for Jeffries. They can jack it up and stay under the team cap.

Bruno
06-27-2006, 11:08 AM
The BYC kicks in for teams over the salary cap. Wash. can sign Jeffries trade him and stay under the cap. There current team salary is at $48,061,653, which includes a 2.7 allocation for Jeffries. They can jack it up and stay under the team cap.

You forget Caron Butler Salary ($7.6M).

dbestpro
06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
All of the salary stuff is moot as most expect Jeffries to sign for about 5-6 mil.

Slinkyman
06-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Im gonna be sick.

I'm confused, how is a guy who's 6'11 yet can guard lebron james a stiff? Getting Jeffries is the hard part but he's definitly the Derreck Mckey type player the spurs are looking for.

Here's a question hopefully someone can answer, can the spurs sign Scola and then trade him to washington? If possible it would seem like the best means to get Jeffries and at the same time get good value for scola.