PDA

View Full Version : Wade on Letterman

PaceMonster
06-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Watch this and tell me how can u not love the guy? LOL and look what he says about Mark Cuban LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr-RzsYaJ0U&search=dwyane%20wade

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Watch this and tell me how can u not love the guy? LOL and look what he says about Mark Cuban LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr-RzsYaJ0U&search=dwyane%20wade

i don't like him he just seems slimey

boutons_
06-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Charming and humorous.

The Cuban bit was shtick, but well done. The audience seemed get the joke on Cuban (or were in good form for responding to the laugh sign).

2 main points of the Finals:

1. the Heat won

2. Mavs, AJ, Cuban made themselves famous as assholes, whiners, chokers and head-cases rather than as a basketball organization, even beyond basketball fans.

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 08:31 AM
He's almost too slick :lol

kalikot_boy_kr
06-26-2006, 08:51 AM
dwane an awesome and handsome guy......nice video......

kalikot_boy_kr
06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
nice wheties!

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 08:59 AM
:lol

pache100
06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I like him. Shaq said over the weekend that he realized that he had not contributed positively to some of his team relationships in the past (he even went so far as to say maybe he caused some of the problems...that's a gigantic admission from Shaq, but I don't believe it's completely true) and he was not going to make that mistake again in Miami. I think he's working well with Wade, and I am a little surprised about that. I even think Wade was prepared to resist mentoring from Shaq when he went to Miami, and I am pleasantly surprised that he changed his mind about that, too. I think Wade is exceptionally talented and has a good work ethic to develop and maintain that talent. He is also charming and funny. I think he will go far and last long in the NBA.

alamo50
06-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the link Pace!
Appreciate it.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:07 PM
i don't like him he just seems slimey

what a joke. the city of detroit is whats slimey. the guy owned your team, no reason to hate on him. wade is awesome, and very classy to boot. hes a cool kid and gots a good head on his shoulders.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Exactly, how can you not like the guy? I can see if he was arrogant, pompus, pretentious, smug, too cocky, or anything but modest and down to earth, but he isn't. He's cool.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Exactly, how can you not like the guy? I can see if he was arrogant, pompus, pretentious, smug, too cocky, or anything but modest and down to earth, but he isn't. He's cool.

what i don't like about him is his drama queen nature. his whole "look how tough i am, I'm always sick/injured/dying but i still play" schtick. don't get me wrong, i respect his game, he's scary good. but he just annoys me.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
what a joke. the city of detroit is whats slimey. the guy owned your team, no reason to hate on him. wade is awesome, and very classy to boot. hes a cool kid and gots a good head on his shoulders.

city smack? COOL!

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
what i don't like about him is his drama queen nature. his whole "look how tough i am, I'm always sick/injured/dying but i still play" schtick. don't get me wrong, i respect his game, he's scary good. but he just annoys me.

Exactly. His built-in excuses are what bother me the most.

Top 3 player, no doubt. Always respected him (fucking Darko...), doesnt make me like him though.

Oh yeah

the city of detroit is whats slimey.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative.jpg

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:27 PM
city smack? COOL!

just found it ironic that someone from the slums can call a classy guy like wade "slimey"

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Exactly. His built-in excuses are what bother me the most.

Top 3 player, no doubt. Always respected him (fucking Darko...), doesnt make me like him though.

Oh yeah

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative.jpg

dude its okay to not have an actual valid reason to dislike him. i think we all know why most pistons fans are not fond of the guy.

emo serb
06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
just found it ironic that someone from the slums can call a classy guy like wade "slimey"
Not all Piston fans are from Detroit. There are other cities in the state of Michigan that have Piston fans you know.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Not all Piston fans are from Detroit. There are other cities in the state of Michigan that have Piston fans you know.

regardless there is just something unkosher about that quote coming from a pistons fan

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
regardless there is just something unkosher about that quote coming from a pistons fan

go back to your trailer park and watch the rodeo kings fan.

oh just kidding, i've actually never even thought about the city of sacramento long enough to come up with a stereotype for it.

DarrinS
06-26-2006, 01:40 PM
He's a lot cooler than either one of these guys

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/happy%20j.jpg

http://perso.orange.fr/nba-history/images/trades/stackhouse_295_041108.jpg

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 01:41 PM

Flint?

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:41 PM
mike detroit, uh... good one. and actually i live in austin.

emo serb
06-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Flint?
We only have one NBA team here...So pretty much every city in Michigan.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
He's a lot cooler than either one of these guys

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/happy%20j.jpg

http://perso.orange.fr/nba-history/images/trades/stackhouse_295_041108.jpg

:tu :tu

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
We only have one NBA team here...So pretty much every city in Michigan.

I've been to Sturgis and Coldwater. That's some pretty nice countryside y'all have up there.

Extra Stout
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
dude its okay to not have an actual valid reason to dislike him. i think we all know why most pistons fans are not fond of the guy.
Because when they think about how different things might have been had Dumars drafted Wade instead of Darko, they feel like gouging their eyes out? And since the eye is filled with a slimy fluid, they therefore think "slimy" when they think of Wade?

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 02:03 PM
mike detroit, uh... good one. and actually i live in austin.

I've never really given austin much thought either. i have the vague idea that it's pretty much like Ann Arbor or Madison except people dress really bad, also they have some big rock concert that they think people care about.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I've never really given austin much thought either. i have the vague idea that it's pretty much like Ann Arbor or Madison except people dress really bad, also they have some big rock concert that they think people care about.

Detroit is such a pretty city, it's like a little slice of heaven.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM

:lol have whatever misconceptions you want. anyone who has visited both detroit and austin wont have any trouble telling you which city is more cultured and educated. and please dont ever compare austin to ann arbor or madison, you are making yourself look bad.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 02:08 PM
:lol have whatever misconceptions you want. anyone who has visited both detroit and austin wont have any trouble telling you which city is more cultured and educated. and please dont ever compare austin to ann arbor or madison, you are making yourself look bad.

what's the name of that big hippie concert you guys have. i know you know what I'm talking about. like bonnaroo but with big hats.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
what's the name of that big hippie concert you guys have. i know you know what I'm talking about. like bonnaroo but with big hats.

The Austin City Limits Music Festival??? One of the best concerts in the US.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM

actually, no I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. the 2 major annual music events we host, SXSW and the ACL fest are hardly "big hippie" concerts.obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. seriously, stop while you are still ahead man.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
The Austin City Music Festival??? One of the best concerts in the US.

no, I remembered the name. I was thinking of South by Southwest.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
stop while you are still ahead man.

He's already behind.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 02:13 PM

What is the name of that custom that lots of people from Detroit take part in? Looting? Vandalism? Welfare?

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
He's already behind.

indeed. he is more satisfied with the likes of detroit hometown hero kid rock i suppose. is that your idea of great music, mike detroit?

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
indeed. he is more satisfied with the likes of detroit hometown hero kid rock i suppose. is that your idea of great music, mike detroit?

well, I'm mostly a drum and bass fan myself, though I'm partial to indie rock if we're going with guitar based music. I'm not one to go in for music snobbery though. it's all just opinion.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Because when they think about how different things might have been had Dumars drafted Wade instead of Darko, they feel like gouging their eyes out? And since the eye is filled with a slimy fluid, they therefore think "slimy" when they think of Wade?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

ES, I loathe thee. Its burns like these that make me contemplate a change of residence.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Total sidenote here...

atxrocker, is the ATX like a "Screw BTX!!" thing or what?

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Total sidenote here...

atxrocker, is the ATX like a "Screw BTX!!" thing or what?

I don't get it, what is BTX?

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't get it, what is BTX?

Youre obviously not a nerd. Go away, cool kid.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Youre obviously not a nerd. Go away, cool kid.

I googled, you must be talking about motherboards. As nerdly as you think you are, did you figure out what ATX stands for? I hope so.

ro_50
06-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Dont knock the other cities in Michigan, its a beautiful area, especially Kalamazoo.

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Dont knock the other cities in Michigan, its a beautiful area, especially Kalamazoo.

Yeah, I heard Flint was especially beautiful.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Dwade is a great basketball player.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2006, 08:01 PM
how the fuck did this turn into an anti-austin music scene thread...ya'll don't know shit, austin is where it's at

annnnyways, i like wade, alot, but if i were a detroit fan, or he played against us in our conference, i would respect and hate him.

Extra Stout
06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Have you ever been to Madison? The comparison is not exactly insulting,

PaceMonster
06-27-2006, 03:19 AM
God damn i wouldnt of posted this shit if i knew it would cause that much commotion....anyways, i wont argue with none of these Detroit people since i had a good day(i met Rihanna) :king

DarkReign
06-27-2006, 07:18 AM
I googled, you must be talking about motherboards. As nerdly as you think you are, did you figure out what ATX stands for? I hope so.

No, he/she hasnt responded.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
What is the name of that custom that lots of people from Detroit take part in? Looting? Vandalism? Welfare?
Which does the above post represent, the "cultured" or "educated" Part of Austin? :lol