PDA

View Full Version : Requiem for a Dream

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
For 4 yrs now, different people have told me that I need to watch this film, because it was awesome. Well, I was at Best Buy on Friday night and saw it for sale for $9.99, so I told my wife that we should get it because of all that I heard about it. She had never heard of it before, and said that we can invite some friends over on Sat and after dinner all watch it. When I went to check out, the clerk asked if I had seen the movie and I said no, he told me that it was a great film.

Now I am pumped up, because of all the positive feedback, most of it unsolicited.

Well, the 4 of us settle down Sat night in front of the tv, all excited to watch this "great" film.

What is wrong with you people? This film sucks. The acting was good, the cinematography was good, but the film as a whole was just depressing.

If anyone wants this movie, I will gladly send it to you to keep.

angel_luv
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
What was it about? The title sounds interesting.

Slomo
06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/

interestingly high rating...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I had the same experience with American Beauty. Some films somehow aren't the sum of their parts.

CharlieMac
06-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, that shit sucked. That's about all the effort I can put into this flick. I went to imdb to remember who was in it now and the tagline reads, "From the director of Pi." I remember people saying back in 2001, "It's from the director of Pi." I get it, it was from the director of Pi. Pi sucked too.

People give movies made on a low budget way to much credit. These two movies are exactly why I don't get film recommendations from people at a bar off of St. Mary's and Ashby at 1:50 in the morning anymore. "Oohhhhh man, that movie was so crazy, you gotta see it........"

Sportcamper
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
The good news is that you made your purchase from the greatest retail store on earth!...BEST BUY ROCKS!...They will be happy to refund your money! May I suggest titles more suitable for family enjoyment....?

Breaking Away (1979)
Dennis Christopher...Dennis Quaid....Daniel Stern

Hopscotch (1980)
Walter Matthau.... Glenda Jackson

Office Space (1999)
Ron Livingston.... Jennifer Aniston....David Herman

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 09:57 AM
May I suggest titles more suitable for family enjoyment....?

Anything in the adult entertainment section.

Dreamquest

Debbie Does Dallas

Booty Call

CharlieMac
06-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Booty Call was a great movie.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 09:59 AM
The good news is that you made your purchase from the greatest retail store on earth!...BEST BUY ROCKS!...They will be happy to refund your money! May I suggest titles more suitable for family enjoyment....?

Breaking Away (1979)
Dennis Christopher...Dennis Quaid....Daniel Stern

Hopscotch (1980)
Walter Matthau.... Glenda Jackson

Office Space (1999)
Ron Livingston.... Jennifer Aniston....David Herman

Office Space is fantastic....I loved that movie.

Breaking Away was great too, BTW. "Refund!??? Refund!!???"

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Most movies never live up to the hype. Usually, whenever someone is pumped up about a movie and recommends it...that's an indication to me NOT to watch it. :lol

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
By the way, you can return movies at Best Buy after they've been opened and watched??? :wtf

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Most movies never live up to the hype. Usually, whenever someone is pumped up about a movie and recommends it...that's an indication to me NOT to watch it. :lol

I recommend Snatch, that is if you haven't seen it yet.

angel_luv
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/

interestingly high rating...

hvala. :)

Doesn't sound like an Angel type movie.

King
06-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Requiem is a good movie. It's heavy, and doesn't have a good ending - but it's a good story. It tells of addictions, and the way lives spiral out of control.

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2006, 10:28 AM
http://www.break.com/index/toystoryrequiem.html

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Requiem is a good movie. It's heavy, and doesn't have a good ending - but it's a good story. It tells of addictions, and the way lives spiral out of control.

It makes me want to stop shooting herion, I'll give it that.

leemajors
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that shit sucked. That's about all the effort I can put into this flick. I went to imdb to remember who was in it now and the tagline reads, "From the director of Pi." I remember people saying back in 2001, "It's from the director of Pi." I get it, it was from the director of Pi. Pi sucked too.

People give movies made on a low budget way to much credit. These two movies are exactly why I don't get film recommendations from people at a bar off of St. Mary's and Ashby at 1:50 in the morning anymore. "Oohhhhh man, that movie was so crazy, you gotta see it........"

i thought Pi was great, and i liked requiem too. aaronovsky takes the head cam from frankenheimer, and i like that camera. i thought they were both pretty well written, and very well directed. not the most upbeat or funny movies, but done very well. i would take aaronovsky over guy ritchie anyday. i happen to think lock, stock and snatch are godawful and boring as hell.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I recommend Snatch, that is if you haven't seen it yet.
Snatch is a crappy version of "Lock, Stock, and two Smoking Barrels", if you liked Snatch, you'll love that one. Guy Ritchie sold out for Snatch.

pussyface
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
funniest post of the year by jimcs.

pussyface
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM

thinkint of you and your unsuspecting, middle-age-conservative type friends falling into this movie and being like "what-the-fuck?" is a rich mental image.

like most people who are into film, i think this was a masterpeice of sorts. having said that, its a movie i've seen once and am content never to see again. Dark/depressing stuff, but well worth checking out.

David Bowie
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
It's one of my favorite movies. The part about the mother scares the hell out of me.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM

thinkint of you and your unsuspecting, middle-age-conservative type friends falling into this movie and being like "what-the-fuck?" is a rich mental image.

like most people who are into film, i think this was a masterpeice of sorts. having said that, its a movie i've seen once and am content never to see again. Dark/depressing stuff, but well worth checking out.

Hey, I know what I like and it has nothing to do with this genre.

I have liked many many emotionally draining, somewhat depressing movies.(American Beauty, The Killing Fields, Leaving Las Vegas, Crash, 28 Days, etc etc.)

But this movie blows, and is unrealistic. Sara is given multiple jolts of ECT while fully conscious. Real ECT patients are always anesthetized, and only one extremely low-voltage charge is administered.

BTW I am not conservative, by any stretch of the immagination. Ask around.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
It's one of my favorite movies. The part about the mother scares the hell out of me.

Naturally so, Mr. Bowie.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I like Requiem, less so because of Aronofsky's tricks and more because Ellen Burstyn blew me away. If you didn't start watching that knowing what sort of flick it was, I can see how you'd be taken aback.

I thought American Beauty was tremendously overrated, though.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
I like Requiem, less so because of Aronofsky's tricks and more because Ellen Burstyn blew me away. If you didn't start watching that knowing what sort of flick it was, I can see how you'd be taken aback.

AB>>>>>>> RFD

JMarkJohns
06-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Wow... Not sure how to say this or even why I'm saying it.

I agree 100%. It's been four years since I've seen the film, but it's one whose scenes remain as vivid in you mind years later as they appeared upon first glance. Story about the worst of human kind (at least in the civilized world), but the film was wholly engrossing. Excellant filmmaking and the cutaways really pound the points home.

Saw it from the reviews and because I figured if nothing else, Connelly provided plenty of eye candy, but after watching, you felt a strong sense of pity for everyone in a similier plight.

As someone who nearly lost an uncle to drug abuse and seeing his ordeal with living in the streets, stealing from those you love to feed your need and ending up in jail, it really hits home. Luckily, my uncle was able to walk away from all that, body and life still very much in tact. Amazing feat for someone who'd used various forms of meth for over 15 years.

It's not a movie to be enjoyed, but rather experienced.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 12:54 PM
AB>>>>>>> RFD

Someday, Jim, we hope to find a topic where you can be right.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Someday, Jim, we hope to find a topic where you can be right.

If you took a poll, I would beat you by 50% in which film was liked better.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:09 PM
If you took a poll, I would beat you by 50% in which film was liked better.

for one, im sure many people on this board still haven't seen Requiem. i also think most that have would vote it the better of the two. i actually enjoyed american beauty but agree that it is somewhat overrated.

leemajors
06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
AB>>>>>>> RFD

american beauty was waaaaay overrated.

Gatita
06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Rfd >>> Ab

DirkAB
06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
What is wrong with you people? This film sucks. The acting was good, the cinematography was good, but the film as a whole was just depressing.

I saw this movie years ago, and I thought that the cinematography was awsome, and that was about it. I don't remember if the acting was any good, but the story itself started out alright, then just turned completely ridiculous.

TheSanityAnnex
06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Requim for a Dream makes me itch and twitch while I watch it. Like JMark said, its a movie to experience, not enjoy.

Off topic:

I just watched "the hills have eyes;unrated". I thought it was a decent movie. Better than some "horror" movies I've seen lately. By the way, Hostel sucked.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Off topic:

I just watched "the hills have eyes;unrated". I thought it was a decent movie. Better than some "horror" movies I've seen lately. By the way, Hostel sucked.

I agree. I had went into it expecting it to be much better but it was pretty bad. does not have a tarantino feel to it.

leemajors
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Requim for a Dream makes me itch and twitch while I watch it. Like JMark said, its a movie to experience, not enjoy.

Off topic:

modern day "horror" seems to focus more on torture than actually being creepy and scaring people through atmosphere and a good story. kinda like a torture gross out contest more than anything else.

Spurminator
06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
American Beauty would have been great without that douchebag who liked to videotape plastic bags in the wind.

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

Shut up you emo dipshit. Get back to Spacey and Bening.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I saw "Saw" (gotta be a better way to say that) for the first time recently.

It was imaginative, but at the end there were way too many logical holes and you could tell it was just trying to be gross and cram in as many plot twists as possible. I can believe that they have two sequels to that.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
American Beauty would have been great without that douchebag who liked to videotape plastic bags in the wind.

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

The biggest problem I had with AB is Spacey's character. Okay, I couldn't relate to him, no problem with that, obviously some could. But despite all the supposed "changes" he had, he was EXACTLY the same smart-ass dipshit at the end of the movie as he was at the beginning. Wasn't the point to convey how he had changed and grown as a character? Other than getting in shape, how was he any different?

katyon6th
06-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Off topic:

I had the misery of watching this movie in the theatres. As soon as one of those freaks started breastfeeding off the sister, I was done. The movie was just disturbing on so many levels. But I have to agree with you that it is one of the 'better' horror movies as of late, but that's more a statement on how terrible horror movies have been rather than on its cinematic praise.

David Bowie
06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Trainspotting is a movie that is somewhat similar to Requiem for a dream and the two are often compared. I personally like Requiem better, but Trainspotting is worth checking out as well.

Spurminator
06-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Wasn't the point to convey how he had changed and grown as a character? Other than getting in shape, how was he any different?

I don't know if that was the point... I haven't seen it since it was in the theater, so my memory may be misguided, but I remember seeing him as just a frustrated man who hit a breaking point or mid-life crisis... without necessarily having any sort of resolution or character improvement.

TheSanityAnnex
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Off topic again but, someone mentioned Kevin Spacey.

Has anyone here seen Kevin Spacey in "Swimming with Sharks"???

That is a kick ass movie.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought we were supposed to believe that somehow he was a better man, or more enlightened, at the end of the movie. Instead, I just saw the same silly asshole.

But you are right about Video Boy. He was annoying.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM
"Swimming with Sharks" was kick-ass. Very dark, too, but both hilarious and disturbing.

katyon6th
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Jim, I haven't seen Requiem for a Dream but I'd like to, airmail me the DVD.

Thank you.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought we were supposed to believe that somehow he was a better man, or more enlightened, at the end of the movie. Instead, I just saw the same silly asshole.

Because he did not fuck Mena Suvari when he had the chance. Get it?

Spurminator
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Her nipples looked weird... He was probably just turned off.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 03:27 PM

:tu :tu

Hail! Melodrama FTL

danyel
06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Requiem is a great movie, too bad you didnt like it...

ChumpDumper
06-26-2006, 05:11 PM
The biggest problem I had with AB is Spacey's character. Okay, I couldn't relate to him, no problem with that, obviously some could. But despite all the supposed "changes" he had, he was EXACTLY the same smart-ass dipshit at the end of the movie as he was at the beginning. Wasn't the point to convey how he had changed and grown as a character? Other than getting in shape, how was he any different?He was on the verge of the real "redemption" when he was blown away, apparently.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
For 4 yrs now, different people have told me that I need to watch this film, because it was awesome. Well, I was at Best Buy on Friday night and saw it for sale for $9.99, so I told my wife that we should get it because of all that I heard about it. She had never heard of it before, and said that we can invite some friends over on Sat and after dinner all watch it. When I went to check out, the clerk asked if I had seen the movie and I said no, he told me that it was a great film.

Now I am pumped up, because of all the positive feedback, most of it unsolicited.

Well, the 4 of us settle down Sat night in front of the tv, all excited to watch this "great" film.

If anyone wants this movie, I will gladly send it to you to keep.

That was the whole point dude.

And trainspotting fucking blew. Ugh.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 05:51 PM
He was on the verge of the real "redemption" when he was blown away, apparently.

I agree that's the message they were trying to convey.

I just wasn't buying it based on what I was seeing on the screen.

Of course, a lot of that stems from the fact that the emo guy was supposed to the be one of the main "messengers".

SpursWoman
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
But this movie blows, and is unrealistic. Sara is given multiple jolts of ECT while fully conscious. Real ECT patients are always anesthetized, and only one extremely low-voltage charge is administered.

They didn't when they first started using this type of treatment. I have personal stories about the terrible things they did with those that would blow you away.

I haven't seen RFD, but I didn't care for American Beauty at all.

SPARKY
06-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Ass to ass, mofos.

Boris
06-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought American Beauty was a great movie....from what I remember.

timvp
06-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I thought RFD was decent. It didn't live up to the hype but it was watchable. AB was slightly better but I still wasn't that impressed.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Ass to ass, mofos.

hahahha
most tantalizingly unsexy lesbian scene in cinema history

SA Gunslinger
06-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Great and disturbing film. The editing was incredible. It's not a film you really want to watch more than once unless you are a film student. Aronofsky is a groundbreaking director who isn't afraid to try things. Transforming Ellen Burstyn from a nice old lady into a speed freak was cinema magic at it's best. And the techniques he used for his heroin injection sequences have been duplicated in commercials and by other filmmakers.

I finally saw Mississipi Masala last night. That was a great film. I love the way Mira Nair tells a story. It's a story about an Indian family expelled from Uganda because of a regime change in the government. The family ends up settling in Mississippi. Denzel Washington and Sarita Chowdury are marvelous.

Other two great films I rewatched last week were Europa, Europa and Sid and Nancy.

Europa, Europa is a story about a Russian jew who is captured by the Nazis during WWII. But because he can speak German, the Nazis mistake him for one of their own. It's supposed to be based on a true story which makes the film that more incredible. Even though it deals with the holocaust at arms length, it's not depressing, imo. It's a story about survival and hypocracy.

Sid and Nancy is about the Sex Pistols. If you don't like punk, you probably won't like the movie. But if you have an open mind, check it out. It gives you an intimate look at the lifestyle of the Sex Pistols but especially, Sid Vicious and that chick, Nancy whatever her name was.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Snatch > Office Space > Lock Stock

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Spacey in Seven > Spacey in AB

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Naturally so, Mr. Bowie.
I'm a Bowie fan and I thought RfaD fucking sucked. It took me four viewings to get through the entire movie without falling asleep.

IX_Equilibrium
06-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Requiem is by no means an easy watch, but it's great movie.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Mira Nair is a great director. I wish she made more films.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Spacey in Seven > Spacey in AB

spacey was great in se7en but I thought his best acting job was in the usual suspects and just horrible in that never should have been made movie k-pax.

atxrocker
06-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Great and disturbing film. The editing was incredible. It's not a film you really want to watch more than once unless you are a film student. Aronofsky is a groundbreaking director who isn't afraid to try things. Transforming Ellen Burstyn from a nice old lady into a speed freak was cinema magic at it's best. And the techniques he used for his heroin injection sequences have been duplicated in commercials and by other filmmakers.

:tu :tu

leemajors
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
spacey was great in se7en but I thought his best acting job was in the usual suspects and just horrible in that never should have been made movie k-pax.

kpax was hilarious, not as funny as van helsing though, or even instinct starring sir anothony hopkins. if you want a really disturbing film about middle age doldrums that is way better than ab, try seconds by frankenheimer - aaronovsky owes a great debt to frankenheimer as well.

leemajors
06-27-2006, 08:24 AM

sealab 2021 had an excellent tribute to that herion sequence in the stimutax episode.

MannyIsGod
07-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Jesus Christ Ellen Burstyn's character is sooooooooooooooooooo disturbing. I just watched this on Hulu.com for the first time. Great movie, but I'll probably never watch it again.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
I can only assume that's the mother....yeah i almost cried because of what happens to her.
Ass to Ass is my favorite scene though.

50 cent
07-16-2008, 10:15 AM
RFD was a good flick. Crazy and difficult to watch, but very well done.

I really like AB as well. I could identify with Spacey's character and could see myself doing something like that later in life.

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Jesus Christ Ellen Burstyn's character is sooooooooooooooooooo disturbing. I just watched this on Hulu.com for the first time. Great movie, but I'll probably never watch it again.

I 'm guessing that Burstyn's performance in that will be analyzed in acting classes forever.

I really like AB as well. I could identify with Spacey's character and could see myself doing something like that later in life.

We'll send out the alert to present-day 2 years olds.

/stock Hansen photo

hater
07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
requiem for a dream was a decent and enjoyable movie but it feels like the newer version of "reefer madness". they wend overboard to show how BAD drugs are :rolleyes

mrose31
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Rfd and American Beauty would be good movies if you never heard of them and were walking through the video store and just picked one up cause they sounded a little interesting. Neither of them is worth owning though you only need to see those movies once. You should never buy a movie without seeing it though I have made that mistake twice and I won't try it again.

nkdlunch
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
ok movie. belongs to the group of movies you will only want to see once. along with movies like kids, cannibal holocaust, etc

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
requiem for a dream was a decent and enjoyable movie but it feels like the newer version of "reefer madness". they wend overboard to show how BAD drugs are :rolleyes

Drugs ARE bad, especially the one they were doing (heroin, I think). Heroin is really, really bad. It can destroy your life, friendships, and family. There is no way in hell they went overboard with movie in trying to explain that. That's just fucking retarded that you think that and it shows just how naive and uninformed you actually are.

leemajors
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM

abusing drugs is bad.

Spurminator
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I think RFD works really well on multiple viewings. I've probably seen it five or six times. Burstyn gives one of the two or three best acting performances I've ever seen.

CuckingFunt
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM

abusing drugs is bad.

Mm'kay?

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM
That is a great movie. You shouldn't even have an opinion if you didn't like that movie.

CuckingFunt
07-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I think RFD works really well on multiple viewings. I've probably seen it five or six times. Burstyn gives one of the two or three best acting performances I've ever seen.

I actually own Requiem for a Dream because I thought it was so good. And... admittedly, I very seldom grab it from the shelf when I'm in the mood for a movie, but I get sucked in every time I catch it on cable. I've seen it several times, as well.

hater
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Drugs ARE bad, especially the one they were doing (heroin, I think). Heroin is really, really bad. It can destroy your life, friendships, and family. There is no way in hell they went overboard with movie in trying to explain that. That's just fucking retarded that you think that and it shows just how naive and uninformed you actually are.

and after watching "reefer madness" you probably beleived weed immediately makes you a rapist and murderer

seriously of course heroin is the worst drug. but you will not get aids, go to jail, go broke, go to prostitution (all at once) after a few months of using.

comeon, all I'm saying is that movies was way over the top. just like "reefer madness"

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't like Jared Leto. I think he played the part well, and it's probably the best role he well ever act in, but I think they could've casted someone better.

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Although I love the movie I just can't watch it again.

It's the first movie that has ever left me a feeling, and I would never watch it again to ruin that. Hard to explain, but it was one of those moments in time kind of deal.

Sort of like Donnie Darko. You almost have to watch it again to get it, and when you think you do, you don't.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
and after watching "reefer madness" you probably beleived weed immediately makes you a rapist and murderer

seriously of course heroin is the worst drug. but you will not get aids, go to jail, go broke, go to prostitution (all at once) after a few months of using.

comeon, all I'm saying is that movies was way over the top. just like "reefer madness"

They did all that in more than a couple of months, I think. Before some sections of the movie there was a black screen that said "summer" or "winter". So from summer to winter they did all that.

CuckingFunt
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM

It wasn't "all at once" in the film, either; the prostitution and jail subplots happen to two separate characters.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
And anyways, who are you to say it's impossible for all that to happen in the span of two months?

nkdlunch
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
my friends, if you want to really know what heroin does to you read "junkie" by burroughs.

requiem for a dream is way, way too hollywood

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
hater, you don't know what you are talking about so just STFU.

hater
07-16-2008, 12:46 PM
And anyways, who are you to say it's impossible for all that to happen in the span of two months?

:lmao

who are you to say it's possible? this is a public forum by the way :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:48 PM
my friends, if you want to really know what heroin does to you read "junkie" by burroughs.

requiem for a dream is way, way too hollywood

It wasn't even a big hit at the box office. And the way the movie ends is is very un-Hollywood. Not too many movies end on a bad note.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:49 PM

who are you to say it's possible? this is a public forum by the way :lol

Why? Because I've seen this shit happen to someone I know.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
And as CuckingFunt said, it happened to three seperate people. It's clear that you have no clue what you are talking about.

hater
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
And as CuckingFunt said, it happened to three seperate people. It's clear that you have no clue what you are talking about.

ok rolando. thanks for your input. I still beleive that movie was way over the top. and very similar to 'reefer madness'

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
ok rolando. thanks for your input. I still beleive that movie was way over the top.

How is it over-the-top? It's not. It in no way exaggerates the sort of effects that drugs can have on people's lives. Like I said, you know nothing. You are uninformed and naive.

hater
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
How is it over-the-top? It's not. It in no way exaggerates the sort of effects that drugs can have on people's lives. Like I said, you know nothing. You are uninformed and naive.

I know of a couple of people who use. They and their friends have been using for years. yeah they are fucked up but like I said IT DOES NOT TAKE A FEW MONTHS TO END UP DEAD OR IN JAIL.

grow up. let's just agree to disagree Ronnie.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2008, 12:59 PM
i watched this movie back in my drug daze and what a great movie. i own it and watch it from time to time. to me it's simply a twisted love story.

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
we need more ass to ass talk people.

That scene was no where near as disturbing as it should have been, because all the men were thinking, "Yum, Jennifer Connolly!"

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
And CF, I'd imagine.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
That scene was no where near as disturbing as it should have been, because all the men were thinking, "Yum, Jennifer Connolly!"
yeah. it could've been better. plus that quick shot where it seemed to look like she hadn't groomed herself for over a year wasn't too good.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Connelly was not one of the two girls in the A2A since she asked not to be in it.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah. it could've been better. plus that quick shot where it seemed to look like she hadn't groomed herself for over a year wasn't too good.

Heroin addicts are too busy getting high to shave down there. It's probably pretty realistic.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Heroin addicts are too busy getting high to shave down there. It's probably pretty realistic.remind me not to go out with a heroin addict

mrsmaalox
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
remind me not to go out with a heroin addict

Or just not to go down on one.

Spuradicator
07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
That film was horrible and that tends to happen when Wayans brother is in a film.

Medvedenko
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Great movie and I own as well. I've seen when it came out in theatres and loved it. What I garnered from that movie is that life is what you manifest. Great performances all around and great direction. I also love "the fountain" by the same director. A lot different mind you, but compelling nevertheless.

Kriz-Maxima
07-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I really like Requiem for a Dream, the mom was awesome.

CuckingFunt
07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
And CF, I'd imagine.

Yeah, I was torn during that scene.

On the one hand, that movie came out before I developed my irrational hatred of Jennifer Connelly, so she was hot enough that I took notice. On the other hand, as a woman... it's sufficiently unpleasant.

Nbadan
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
You gotta be tweeking to like this movie, but as after dinner fair?!?

Ronaldo McDonald
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I know of a couple of people who use. They and their friends have been using for years. yeah they are fucked up but like I said IT DOES NOT TAKE A FEW MONTHS TO END UP DEAD OR IN JAIL.

So because it didn't happen to your friends, that means it can't happen to other people? Like I said, that same shit has happened to someone I know within a period of right around two months.

This isn't a matter that is debatable, so one side can't agree and the other side disagree. It's either I'm right or you're wrong, and you're wrong. I've already explained why.

Kermit
07-16-2008, 06:01 PM

I've never seen somebody get screwed at the Academy Awards the way Ellen Brustyn got screwed. I realize that it's fueled by hyperbole and tabloid shit (I submit as evidence Heath Ledger) but that was a fucking disgrace.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Ass to ass.

Kermit
07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Ass to ass.

oa5z77EI8y0

DieMrBond
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
That film was horrible and that tends to happen when Wayans brother is in a film.

Normally i would agree with you about a Wayans in a film, but damn - there is no way you can say that about this film. Marlon, when acting seriously is actually (i think) a pretty good (not great) actor. He was fantastic in this film.

Jared Leto is also, a complete tool - but again, in this film - i enjoyed his performance. Ellen Burstyn as mentioned before was amazing, and Jennifer Connelly has been one of my favourite actors since seeing her in this (well, the Rocketeer technically when i was a kid... - also, go watch her in Dark City, another great flick)

I watched this film, and fell in love with - and made the mistake of showing it to my wife, and some friends. Needless to say, they didn't get it. "Wheres my happy hollywood ending?" type folks, you could say.

Also, just watching the film from a 'style' point of view, is amazing - the editing (as mentioned before) its absolute first class, and the visual style and cinematography is astounding.

Absolutely awesome film, I could watch it again and again.
"I guess he won't be shootin' any more dope into that arm"

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 09:20 PM
What he wrote:

Jennifer Connelly has been one of my favourite actors since seeing her in this (well, the Rocketeer technically when i was a kid... - also, go watch her in Dark City, another great flick)

What he really meant:

The Hot Spot. Dayum.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM
jennifer's cotton candy looked tasty

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
I think CF JOffed to that ass to ass scene

Jimcs50
07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
By the way, you can return movies at Best Buy after they've been opened and watched??? :wtf

I tried to take it back to Best Buy, they just laughed at me and said "Suuuckkker, any dipshit that would buy such a piece of crap, deserves to lose his $10."

I then walked out of the store and tried to give it, and $20 to a homeless person...... he turned me down too. :depressed

Frustrated, I then threw it away and then a cop who was watching, gave me a ticket for littering, and made me pick it back up.:bang

So, now it still sits on my shelf with the rest of my collection, mocking me, reminding me of my stupidity of listening to you fucks about what a great movie this was....thanks a whole fucking lot....assholes!!

CuckingFunt
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I think CF JOffed to that ass to ass scene

This is false.

mrsmaalox
07-17-2008, 01:38 PM
That is not a very sexually stimulating scene.

Kermit
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
That is not a very sexually stimulating scene.

It gets better.

ATRAIN
07-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Best line in the movie "I know its pretty baby, but I didnt take it out for air" hahahaha I still need to use that line.

Medvedenko
07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Keith David owns in that movie...

ShoogarBear
07-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I tried to take it back to Best Buy, they just laughed at me and said "Suuuckkker, any dipshit that would buy such a piece of crap, deserves to lose his $10."

I then walked out of the store and tried to give it, and $20 to a homeless person...... he turned me down too. :depressed

Frustrated, I then threw it away and then a cop who was watching, gave me a ticket for littering, and made me pick it back up.:bang

So, now it still sits on my shelf with the rest of my collection, mocking me, reminding me of my stupidity of listening to you fucks about what a great movie this was....thanks a whole fucking lot....assholes!!

What does Jim say when he loses $10?

"I'm on a hot streak!"

IronMexican
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw it on Saturday, since it was on the Fox movie channel. It was a cool flick. The whole thing felt like a long 90's music video, though.

mojorizen7
01-13-2010, 05:39 AM
"Requiem:" I wouldn't call it a great film......extremely intense and well done though.

"American Beauty" was a near masterpiece IMO.....overrated?....fuck no.
(maybe you gotta be over 35 to "get it" I dunno.)

CubanMustGo
01-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Speaking of Jennifer Connally (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2668654&postcount=119), she sure looked great on Letterman Monday. Don't normally watch Letterman but was glad to that night.

Drachen
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM

The fact that you would make a definitive statement like this really confuses me. Everyone's body chemistry is different and reacts differently. This guy I went to school with tried it once, and his heart stopped. No he didn't die, but very well could have if there was no one around who was savvy to CPR. That didn't take 2 mos. it took <1 second.Shoot, I have seen a girl comletely stop breathing from NOS. Secondly, it takes just one time buying or being caught with it to go to jail. Once again, the fact that you would be so short sighted as to make such a statement seems very illogical.

You might say that the chances of this or that happening are, in your opinion, low, but it happens nonetheless.

BTW RFD is great and far better than AB.

DarkReign
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Totally overrated movie.