PDA

View Full Version : Rate The WC Refs

Spurologist
06-26-2006, 11:42 AM
1 = Pathetic
5 = Excellent

JMarkJohns
06-26-2006, 12:55 PM
It is my unqualified belief that they've sucked ass, BIG TIME!

And to think, San Antonio, Phoenix and Dallas fans all think they got hosed by several foul calls that may or may not have won or lost a game.

These refs have singlhandedly won a half-dozen games thus far.

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
3 mofos !!!!!!!!1

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
They're too quick to hand out cards, and they've missed a few things. But, overall, they haven't been bad relative to previous World Cups or my interpretations of what the calls should have been.

Horry For 3!
06-26-2006, 01:48 PM
NBA refs = shit

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 04:17 PM
those who think the refs have sucked ass have either been on a badly reffed game (their country that is), or have really never watched a World Cup before.

Spurologist
06-26-2006, 08:25 PM
those who think the refs have sucked ass have either been on a badly reffed game (their country that is), or have really never watched a World Cup before.

you are partly correct. My Cameroonians might it all the way to quarter finals. (sorry Argentina fans. If you remember Cameroon beat them 1-0). They made it there only to be screwed big time by the refs against England. It's was bitter sweet that Cameroon was the first African team to make it to the quarter finals but it sucked big time to go out that way. The ref was donating penalty kicks to England. I probably had the same feeling that the Aussies do right about now. My mind was to young to take that kind of damage. :depressed

This WC, Cameroon didn't even make it to the WC b/c of a missed penalty. :depressed. I need some tylenol.

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Controversial refs Poll and Ivanov dropped

Graham Poll has paid the price for his yellow-card blunder by being named among the 14 referees sent home from the World Cup.

FIFA's referees committee today announced the 12 match officials who will be retained to be in contention to take charge of the remaining eight games of the tournament.

Poll, the official from Tring who booked the same player three times during the Croatia v Australia match, is not among them and neither is Russian Valentin Ivanov after he set a record by showing 16 yellow and four red cards during the Portugal v Holland match.

They will both leave Germany on Friday and return home.

Meanwhile, Argentina's Horacio Elizondo has been named as the referee in charge of England's quarter-final against Portugal on Saturday.

Elizondo created controversy during South Korea's match v Switzerland when he over-ruled his linesman's offside flag and allowed Alexander Frei to make it 2-0.

The official correctly spotted the ball had come off the leg of a Korean defender but he was surrounded by angry players after allowing the goal.

The 12 referees retained are: Toru Kamikawa (Japan), Coffi Codjia (Benin), Benito Archundia (Mexico), Horacio Elizondo (Argentina), Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay), Mark Shield (Australia), Massimo Busacca (Switzerland), Frank de Bleeckere (Belgium), Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain), Markus Merk (Germany), Lubos Michel (Slovakia), Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

Michel has been appointed to referee Germany v Argentina on Friday, de Bleeckere will take charge of Italy v Ukraine on the same day, while Cantalejo will officiate the Brazil v France game on Saturday.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00150/Valentin_Ivanov__do_150062a.jpg http://www.upthearse.net/images/kpp/punchbag/poll1.jpg

Goodbye BITCHES

Gerryatrics
06-29-2006, 12:25 AM
The 12 referees retained are: Toru Kamikawa (Japan), Coffi Codjia (Benin), Benito Archundia (Mexico), Horacio Elizondo (Argentina), Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay), Mark Shield (Australia), Massimo Busacca (Switzerland), Frank de Bleeckere (Belgium), Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain), Markus Merk (Germany), Lubos Michel (Slovakia), Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

FIFA is teh suck!

Sense
06-29-2006, 01:38 AM
You know I actually expected some of the Mexican refs to be a lil dissappointing.. but they haven't.....

Texas_Ranger
06-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Which of you guys gived them more than 1 is a moron, or he don`t know nothing about Soccer.

nkdlunch
06-29-2006, 01:42 PM
It's not really problem with the refs. They have been mediocre like usual. The problem is FIFA has instated and encouraged refs to show the cards more often. So refs are 3. Fifa is 0

alamo50
06-29-2006, 04:01 PM

Get real man.
I tell you now that in 20 years it will come out that refs have been bought to whissle for bogus penalties and not whissle for clear penalties.

Unbelievable how many teams have been fucked by the refs.
No, I am not talking about Holland. they fucked themselves.

cheguevara
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Get real man.
I tell you now that in 20 years it will come out that refs have been bought to whissle for bogus penalties and not whissle for clear penalties.

Unbelievable how many teams have been fucked by the refs.
No, I am not talking about Holland. they fucked themselves.

Refs have not been better or worsethis time than the past 10 world cups.

cheguevara
06-29-2006, 04:40 PM

true

Ariel
06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
The problem is, it hasn't been consistent enough to make a sole judgement. In most matches, the officiating has been pretty good. The problem is, in those in which the officiating wasn't good, it was horrendous. Like USA-Ghana, Italy-Australia, Croatia-Australia, Portugal-Netherlands, etc.

Something needs to be done, refs are ruining the WC, and it happened 4 years ago as well. IMO, technology needs to be let in the game.

PS: I'm pissing my pants thinking of tomorrow's officiating.