PDA

View Full Version : SA / Dallas rivalry = HATE????

ShackO
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
As a Kings fan I am unaware of the emotional side of things between the Spurs and Dallas???

Most Kings fans………. The vast majority I should say… Hate the lakers… Many laker fans, especially locally hate the Kings… Many raise their children up to hate them… Much like Dodger and Giant fans have done for generations…

Do you all have that kinda rivalry???

Mixability
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
The Mavs are to the Spurs what the Kings are to the Lakers, a team that hasn't won shit.

David Bowie
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Dallas is my second favorite team. (Although it hasn't been the same without Steve Nash.) Funny how the Suns and the Mavs have had more sueccess since Dirk and Nash have split. Although I am not from SA, I don't feel an intense hatred between the two teams, at least not like the one between Spurs and (former) Lakers.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 02:42 PM
The Mavs are to the Spurs what the Kings are to the Lakers, a team that hasn't won shit.

kinda true... but i'll try to come up with a nicer answer...

I think Kings/Mavericks fans view the rivalry bigger then Lakers/Spurs fans. The stories are remarkably similar for each side. Both the Spurs and the Lakers have been consistently good teams for the majority of their histories, while the Mavs/Kings franchises were in serious funks for large parts of their histories and both became league threats around the same time (new millenia) and had to view "big brother" win multiple championships while they constantly fell short.

I was gonna write some more... this is getting too long for me and I'm tired :wakeup

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:44 PM
I would probably like the Mavs except for Mark Cuban. Maybe that's just a rationalization and I'd find another reason to hate them if he was gone, but that's the way I feel.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
And there's no question the Mav coaches and players get their whiny attitude from Cuban. Everyone realizes that.

ShackO
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
??? There use to be a lot of hate for the lakers???

jman3000
06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
??? There use to be a lot of hate for the lakers???

everyone in the league hated the lakers ... comes naturally when a team wins 3 titles.

pache100
06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
As a Kings fan I am unaware of the emotional side of things between the Spurs and Dallas???

Most Kings fans………. The vast majority I should say… Hate the lakers… Many laker fans, especially locally hate the Kings… Many raise their children up to hate them… Much like Dodger and Giant fans have done for generations…

Do you all have that kinda rivalry???

Right now, I hate the Mavericks' bloody guts...all of them, Nowitzki/Terry/Stackhouse/Avery/Cuban. I will get over that, though, in time. I will never stop hating the Lakers, though (and I never had children, but if I had, they would have hated the Lakers, too). I will hate them forever, just as I hate the Washington Redskins and the Judson Rockets.

(please take all this "hate" stuff with a grain of salt...I only really hate one person in this world...but I sure love any team who beats the Lakers, the Redskins, or the Rockets)

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
:lol Why do you hate Judson?

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I used to hate the pacers, but since they fell off there really isn't any other team that i care about enough to hate. The rivalry is there with the spurs but they just don't piss me off enough.

ShackO
06-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Right now, I hate the Mavericks' bloody guts...all of them, Nowitzki/Terry/Stackhouse/Avery/Cuban. I will get over that, though, in time. I will never stop hating the Lakers, though (and I never had children, but if I had, they would have hated the Lakers, too). I will hate them forever, just as I hate the Washington Redskins and the Judson Rockets.

(please take all this "hate" stuff with a grain of salt...I only really hate one person in this world...but I sure love any team who beats the Lakers, the Redskins, or the Rockets)

Kings fans can really appreciate laker haters….

pache100
06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
:lol Why do you hate Judson?

Because both my brother and sister graduated from Samuel Clemens.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I went to Roosevelt back when Judson first came up to 4A (before there was 5A and 12A and whatever else they have now). They sucked. I know cause Roosevelt sucked, but we always had Judson to pound on. I still have trouble reconciling them with being a state power.

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
And there's no question the Mav coaches and players get their whiny attitude from Cuban. Everyone realizes that.

You don't know what you're talking about. Cuban is Greatness. :angel

DarrinS
06-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I used to hate the Lakers. But, after Kobe blew up the team, there's no real reason to hate them anymore (other than Kobe).

Before this year, I never hated the Mavs. Now I do.

mabber
06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't hate any teams and I know that most Mav fans don't hate the Spurs. They just happen to be one of the teams (Lakers until last year and Kings in prior years) that the Mavs needed to get past ever since the Mavs became a good team again. Yeah, there will be a bigger rivalry between the Mavs & Spurs now since the last series and how close it was but that's good for the sport. Cuban got all the Spurs fans riled up by making that Lame remark about the city of San Antonio but it will only put more money in his pockets in the long run and he knows it. He wants the rivalry and will continue to feed it. I don't think most Spurs fans hate the Mavs. They just hate Cuban (which is easy to do) and they really hate the city of Dallas for a variety of reasons. Spurs fans definitely are more into the rivalry cuz that's their only team (I'd be the same way if I didn't have other sports teams to fall back on). Hopefully, both teams will remain good for awhile now cuz it will be fun as long as people can remember that's it's just a game.

female sports fan
06-26-2006, 05:16 PM

exactly! hey, what kind of music do you like? im just asking!

bulletedge
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't hate ANY NBA team. I do hate people that only post smack with zero intellectual content...but they are easy enough to ignore and basically all they are doing is making themselves look like fools.

Outside of the NBA, if the following teams NEVER won another game I would be happy: Redskins, Eagles, Yankees, Ohio State, Florida State, Univ. of Miami, OU, A&M, Alabama & Notre Dame. Especially Notre Dame....

J.T.
06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Lakers are cool after Shaq left and then they collapsed this year after going up 3-1. I like to see them suffer. How can you hate something that makes you feel that warm and fuzzy when you see it?

But I am sure I'll hate the Mavs for a while. I lost what little respect I had for that organization when the entire team started following Cuban's "blame the refs" example. And you know they all thought it was OK because Mark did it. Even though it seems like the Spurs got jobbed by the refs, I'm glad our coach and players can take the high road and at least give the other team props. No respect for Mavs here.

clambake
06-26-2006, 05:55 PM
All this hate for mavs is a result from shock of being whipped and beaten by a far superior team. It's the first time that they have to recognize their spurs are tumbling down. They didn't hate the mavs in the past.

Everyone should come together and hate the lakers, always.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
If there ever was any question, your whining after you won put it over the top.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
All this hate for mavs is a result from shock of being whipped and beaten by a far superior team. It's the first time that they have to recognize their spurs are tumbling down. They didn't hate the mavs in the past.

lmao @ far superior team

fuck suck u!

ChumpDumper
06-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Had he not joined the site when the Mavs were up 3-1, I wouldn't label him a frontrunning douche.

peskypesky
06-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm a San Antonio fan, and I do indeed hate, detest and loathe the Dallas Mavericks. I think Mark Cuban is an arrogant jack-ass. I lost respect for Avery Johnson during the series between SA and Dallas. And I really don't care for any of their players, except for Devin Harris, who seems like a good kid. There's just something about the Mavericks' attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm a San Antonio fan, and I do indeed hate, detest and loathe the Dallas Mavericks. I think Mark Cuban is an arrogant jack-ass. I lost respect for Avery Johnson during the series between SA and Dallas. And I really don't care for any of their players, except for Devin Harris, who seems like a good kid. There's just something about the Mavericks' attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

but they're vastly superior... as any 7 game playoff series that featured 2 ot's should explain.

:elephant

LakeShow
06-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't know where the Kings fans come up with this rivalry stuff. How can there be a rivalry when The Lakers always won? The Lakers only true rivalry, On the court was against the Spurs. There was a hate between the two franchises but it was off the court only. On the court the kings were no different than any other team not named San Antonio in the league.

mavsfan1000
06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't hate everyone on the spurs. Just Robert Horry and at times Bruce Bowen. They are a great team and great teams tend to get hated. I think since Dallas finally beat San Antonio you can call it a rivalry but I don't see the hate between the team players with the exception of a couple players.

Doug Collins
06-27-2006, 06:55 AM
As a Spurs fan I never really hated the Mavs players before this year. I just used to hate their "fans" and Mark Cuban, even though I thought Mark´s antics were funny when he first got the team. Now I hate everything about them, more so than I ever hated the Lakers. Especially being in College Station where Mavs fans magically multiply after every win and love to talk trash about shit they know nothing about. I guess I´m just spoiled growing up and always loving the Spurs, and I just hate having to hear shit from people that only recently found out their city has a basketball team. And for those real Mavs fans who suffered through all those shitty years I respect you and like to talk basketball smack with you cause you know what you´re talking about. I just hate the douchebag following that has become the stereotype for all other Mavs fans.

mabber
06-27-2006, 07:08 AM
As a Spurs fan I never really hated the Mavs players before this year. I just used to hate their "fans" and Mark Cuban, even though I thought Mark´s antics were funny when he first got the team. Now I hate everything about them, more so than I ever hated the Lakers. Especially being in College Station where Mavs fans magically multiply after every win and love to talk trash about shit they know nothing about. I guess I´m just spoiled growing up and always loving the Spurs, and I just hate having to hear shit from people that only recently found out their city has a basketball team. And for those real Mavs fans who suffered through all those shitty years I respect you and like to talk basketball smack with you cause you know what you´re talking about. I just hate the douchebag following that has become the stereotype for all other Mavs fans.

They have those type fans (bandwagonners) in every city in every sport. I guarantee you there were thousands of new Spur fans when they became good. And there are a lot of long time, hard core fans that really don't know much about the sport (see posts/responses from this forum, Mav forum and any other forum) but that's ok as it's not a prerequisite to know a lot to be a good fan.

Doug Collins
06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
They have those type fans (bandwagonners) in every city in every sport. I guarantee you there were thousands of new Spur fans when they became good. And there are a lot of long time, hard core fans that really don't know much about the sport (see posts/responses from this forum, Mav forum and any other forum) but that's ok as it's not a prerequisite to know a lot to be a good fan.

Oh I know and I agree. Just for me it always seems that the Mavs bandwagoners are just more visible and obnoxious. A lot of that has to do with me being in a college town filled with tons of fratty idiots who like to be loud. For whatever reason they tend to be Mavs fans, and they piss me off. But I know a lot of spurs fans that are just as obnoxious but since I´m a spurs fan I tend to overlook them :king

Obstructed_View
06-27-2006, 07:18 AM
It's not a rivalry, it's envy on one side and contempt on the other. According to the Mavericks, the Spurs haven't legitimately won a game against them since Dick Motta was the coach.

Doug Collins
06-27-2006, 07:26 AM
It's not a rivalry, it's envy on one side and contempt on the other. According to the Mavericks, the Spurs haven't legitimately won a game against them since Dick Motta was the coach.

Bingo. I wish I wouldve posted that...fuck. :guin

I definitely feel the contempt.

mabber
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM

What Mavericks think that the Spurs haven't legitimately won a game against the Spurs in a long time? What Maverick fans think that? Some of the Mav fans that post here? I'm sure there are a bunch of Mav fans on here that are that way but don't assume all fans are that way. It's amazing that people make judgements based on so little evidence. If I were to choose to judge all Spur fans based on what I read on this board I'd think that most are bitter, hateful people just from reading all the posts since the Mavs/Spurs series, but I know better and know it's not the truth. You can continue to hate if it pleases you but at least try not to lump everyone into some category that you think all Mav fans belong in.

Trainwreck2100
06-27-2006, 10:28 AM

This is the kinda shit that is annoying, the team won in OT on game seven, but the "Whipped" us. The loss to the mavs was not as bad as .4 mostly because, like the Mavs this year, we choked away the series. Mavs haven't won shit, "but at least we beat the spurs" attitude will always be a weak argument. I guess they need it to ignore the fact they gave up a 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals.

mabber
06-27-2006, 10:31 AM
This is the kinda shit that is annoying, the team won in OT on game seven, but the "Whipped" us. The loss to the mavs was not as bad as .4 mostly because, like the Mavs this year, we choked away the series. Mavs haven't won shit, "but at least we beat the spurs" attitude will always be a weak argument. I guess they need it to ignore the fact they gave up a 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals.

Yeah, it's very weak and I'm a Mavs fan.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2006, 10:33 AM
What Mavericks think that the Spurs haven't legitimately won a game against the Spurs in a long time?
AJ and Cuban, for starters. There's the Dairy Queen game, the "Manu flopped into Dirk" series, the "bear hug defense", the "Terry shouldn't be suspended" game. Let's not forget "Timmy gets all the calls" and "Dirk gets no respect" just for good measure. Hell, I remember Sean Elliott hitting two free throws with nothing on the clock to win a game against the Mavs and all they did was complain, and that was before Mark Cuban.

If you'd like not to be lumped in with the other Maverick fans, you could distinguish yourself by not blindly defending all things Maverick. If you can't accept that the majority of the country and the world sees the Mavericks as a bunch of crybaby sore losers, then you have need of some perspective.

ShackO
06-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Lakers are cool after Shaq left and then they collapsed this year after going up 3-1. I like to see them suffer. How can you hate something that makes you feel that warm and fuzzy when you see it?.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mabber
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
AJ and Cuban, for starters. There's the Dairy Queen game, the "Manu flopped into Dirk" series, the "bear hug defense", the "Terry shouldn't be suspended" game. Let's not forget "Timmy gets all the calls" and "Dirk gets no respect" just for good measure. Hell, I remember Sean Elliott hitting two free throws with nothing on the clock to win a game against the Mavs and all they did was complain, and that was before Mark Cuban.

If you'd like not to be lumped in with the other Maverick fans, you could distinguish yourself by not blindly defending all things Maverick. If you can't accept that the majority of the country and the world sees the Mavericks as a bunch of crybaby sore losers, then you have need of some perspective.

I'm not blindly defending all things Maverick. I just want to know who you're talking about. AJ has done nothing but give credit to the Spurs...where have you been??? I'll give you Cuban but he's a dork and he's the face of the team which is why so many people think that Mav fans think/act like he does. Everything else you said was said by some Maverick fans...which really makes my point for me. If you're going to take what's said by some fans and assume everyone thinks that then you ain't that bright. I could do the same thing with all the complaining that Spurs fans have done on this board about officiating, etc..couldn't I? If you disagree with that then there's not point of going any further with this discussion. Do I assume all Spurs fans are whiners, etc. because so many have posted like that? No! I'm not trying to defend all things Maveick nor trying to be confrontational. I'm just trying to get some of you to THINK through things before you make all-encompassing assumptions.

ShackO
06-27-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't know where the Kings fans come up with this rivalry stuff. How can there be a rivalry when The Lakers always won? The Lakers only true rivalry, On the court was against the Spurs. There was a hate between the two franchises but it was off the court only. On the court the kings were no different than any other team not named San Antonio in the league.

Well I guess it is really up to the individual..... Good to see someone from the show here to represent................

kobe has said it.......... SO has Phil.... So I guess I/ we are in good company...

mabber
06-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Well I guess it is really up to the individual..... Good to see someone from the show here to represent................

kobe has said it.......... SO has Phil.... So I guess I/ we are in good company...

Yeah, that was always annoying about the Lakers. I totally didn't blame them but they did a great job, at least on the surface, of not caring about their opponent. I never felt that they ever had a rivalry with any team. It was all about how they played which was really the truth with those Shaq/Kobe teams for the most part. I don't recall a team before or since that with that type of "it's all about us and it doesn't matter who we're playing" attitude. Many teams probably felt that way but never exuded it like those Laker teams.

LakeShow
06-27-2006, 01:52 PM

Thanks.

Kobe, Phil and Shaq probably said it to sell tickets. I vaguely remember that but it never materialized. That's one of the things the Lakers never get credit for. They have carried this league for years. Everybody hated us and everybody watched us!

Imo,, Our rivalry with the Kings was strickly verbal. Some thought the Kings disrespected our accomplishments in this league, so Myself and others would dislike them for that reason only. Much like some of the Mavs fans disrespecting the Spurs and Heat fans and their accomplishments. We Never feared them on the court although I thought they played well in 2002.

ShackO
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I would say there is or should say @ least was a bit more to it than that but it certainly "ain't what it use to be".......... Then it was on par to rival dodger - giants hate @ least up here......

Well in 2002........... They should have won and you know it.......LOL. The mavs seemed to suffer from a little bit of that when they got off the plane in Miami.... The Kings were a better team in the reg season..... 2 bad that don't mean anything in the playoffs............

Who you all hoping to bring on board this summer???

Sportcamper
06-27-2006, 03:17 PM
The Lakers hate the Queens...??? ROTFLMAO....We didn’t even realize that you were in the NBA!
:lol :rollin :lol

Is everyone from Sacra-mental as delusional as Rick Adelman?

The only rivalry that Los Angeles has with Sacramento is between The WNBA Monarchs & the Sparks....

ShackO
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
The Lakers hate the Queens...??? ROTFLMAO....We didn’t even realize that you were in the NBA!
:lol :rollin :lol

Is everyone from Sacra-mental as delusional as Rick Adelman?

The only rivalry that Los Angeles has with Sacramento is between The WNBA Monarchs & the Sparks....

Funny @ sackings.com half the regulars are fans of the :rollin show.....

BOth phil and kobe have said it............ BUt I guess if sportcamper says there isn't, what else needs to be said....lol :monkey

Well Rick Adelman isn't from sactown.......... Kinda like phil ain't from la.....

Monarchs & the Sparks....???? WTF??? I guess ti is good to know @ least soemone is watching womens basket ball..........

Sportcamper
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
The fact of the matter is... Nobody from Southern California EVER thinks about Northern California, the Queens, the Giants or what ever...Yet you folks insist that WE have some sort of a rivalry... :lol

The Lakers have won 14 NBA titles & the Kings have what? Three banners for 2nd or 3rd place in the Pacific Division?

Your Monarchs at least have won a real title...After all they had to beat the LA Sparks & Lisa Leslie....I don’t think the current Kings roster could do that.... :smokin

ShackO
06-27-2006, 05:15 PM
LOL......... OK enjoy the WNBA............ I may go to a game some day... or not???

So I guess you are the sole representative speaking on behalf of the 14 million or so "South Californians"............???

Props to the show for winning all that, back in the day…. What they won lately??? :smokin

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Mark Cuban is somehow involved

zero signal
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
The Mavericks are the only Texas team I don't pull for, and that will change the day Cuban sells the team. (Provided he doesn't sell it to another shithead like himself).

LakeShow
06-27-2006, 06:53 PM
The Kings only challenged the Lakers one year and they still lost. I can understand the Kings hating the lakers. I can understand why EVERY team hated the Lakers. :lol

Well in 2002........... They should have won and you know it.......LOL.

No disrespect but that is the phrase that fueled our hate for the Kings. For everything that the Kings say went wrong for them in that series, they still had a winner take all game 7 in Sacramento. The game was officiated well and it was one of the best playoff games in the history of the game. The Lakers prevailed! The Kings fans took away from that series with the constant whining that they were robbed. That is when the hate for the kings began.

Right now there is a bunch of fantasy trades going around, KG being at the center of it but I do know they're in the market for a PG and PF.

clambake
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
What's not to understand? Rooting for the lakers is like rooting for the yankees.

I was joking about the mavs "whipping" the spurs. I meant to say "squeaked by".

ShackO
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
The Kings only challenged the Lakers one year and they still lost. I can understand the Kings hating the lakers. I can understand why EVERY team hated the Lakers. :lol

Well in 2002........... They should have won and you know it.......LOL.

No disrespect but that is the phrase that fueled our hate for the Kings. For everything that the Kings say went wrong for them in that series, they still had a winner take all game 7 in Sacramento. The game was officiated well and it was one of the best playoff games in the history of the game. The Lakers prevailed! The Kings fans took away from that series with the constant whining that they were robbed. That is when the hate for the kings began.

Right now there is a bunch of fantasy trades going around, KG being at the center of it but I do know they're in the market for a PG and PF.

LOL.... That is why I said it........

We got the same KG trade crap every year......... Gets boring year after year.....T :madrun

Well I see you know your kings laker history... You in LA?? Kings failed simple as that... NO reason what so ever..... Simply made the free throws and it was done.... They let themselves get pyched out.... Kinda like the Mavs did..

It really pissed off a lot of laker fans to hear all the shxt about the refs, cheating and what have you......... I have little tolerance for that kinda attitude now days..... There is a local broadcaster that was kinda leading them on with the "CRY FOUL" paranoia..............

So are you new or just a clone???

LakeShow
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
LOL.... That is why I said it........

We got the same KG trade crap every year......... Gets boring year after year.....T :madrun

Well I see you know your kings laker history... You in LA?? Kings failed simple as that... NO reason what so ever..... Simply made the free throws and it was done.... They let themselves get pyched out.... Kinda like the Mavs did..

It really pissed off a lot of laker fans to hear all the shxt about the refs, cheating and what have you......... I have little tolerance for that kinda attitude now days..... There is a local broadcaster that was kinda leading them on with the "CRY FOUL" paranoia..............

So are you new or just a clone???

I'm in Diamond Bar, Cal. Which is in the county of LA.

I guess i am a clone, for some reason Lakershow doesnt work anymore. :angel :lol but I am relatively new to this forum.

You're right that did piss off a lot of Lakers fans, big time! We took it as an insult! I don't even hate the Kings anymore. I like what they're doing in Sactown and wish them well. Besides, your reign is over, The Mavericks have you by a mile as the "Whine Capital of the World" with their owner leading the whining!

Sportcamper
06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Dear Kings Fan...DUDE...

I will say it again....When Lakers fans wake up in the morning... They think about this (http://www.golfbrunswickisles.com/images/sunset-beach.jpg)....and this (http://www.staaa.com/sports/nba/game_7_2005_nba/thegame/images/obrien_188_050417.jpg)....and this (http://www.naderdavoodi.net/archives/0374.jpg).....nobody ever thinks about this (http://www.forwolves.org/ralph/wpages/graphics/pleasantview-dead-cow.jpg)....OK? :smokin

ShoogarBear
06-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Dear Kings Fan...DUDE...

I will say it again....When Lakers fans wake up in the morning... They think about this (http://www.golfbrunswickisles.com/images/sunset-beach.jpg)....and this (http://www.staaa.com/sports/nba/game_7_2005_nba/thegame/images/obrien_188_050417.jpg)....and this (http://www.naderdavoodi.net/archives/0374.jpg).....nobody ever thinks about this (http://www.forwolves.org/ralph/wpages/graphics/pleasantview-dead-cow.jpg)....OK? :smokin

http://www.naderdavoodi.net/archives/0374.jpg]

They think about Arabic traffic?

jman3000
06-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Dear Kings Fan...DUDE...

:lmao @ all the license plates being in a foreign language.

jman3000
06-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I was actually hoping the 3rd one was gonna be a hot chick.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-28-2006, 05:24 PM
It is now.

Before this series it really wasn't, it was hardly even a rivalry other than we'd meet often in the playoffs and were in the same state. But after the Terry punch, and Stackhouse and Horry getting into it earlier in the year...then the Cuban comments....it's on.

There's nothing like winning a championship, but watching Dallas lose in one was a close 2nd. :D

ShackO
06-28-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm in Diamond Bar, Cal. Which is in the county of LA.

I guess i am a clone, for some reason Lakershow doesnt work anymore. :angel :lol but I am relatively new to this forum.

You're right that did piss off a lot of Lakers fans, big time! We took it as an insult! I don't even hate the Kings anymore. I like what they're doing in Sactown and wish them well. Besides, your reign is over, The Mavericks have you by a mile as the "Whine Capital of the World" with their owner leading the whining!

LOL…….. Never been there but I hear it is real nice there….

Hopefully this account will not have some prob like that….

I’m glad to see some fresh blood and I liked what Mussleman did with the Warriors…

Mav fans do whine a lot it seems but I think a lot of that stems from Cuban and his hysterical rants……… I am surprised he has not taken a lot of it to litigation… He still has plenty of time though…

Have fun. How you like the draft????

Sportcamper
06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
jman3000 - Finding a photo that showed foreign license plates was not easy...Anyway....Welcome to LA....

NBA Junkie
06-30-2006, 01:41 AM
SA/DAL is a true rivalry in the sense that their recent playoff series went the full 7 games and that 6 of the 7 games went down to the final minute. Also, add the fact that the regular season series was tied 2-2 and it shows that there is no clear cut favorite of the two. It should only get better as both teams look to be stronger in the coming years.

In terms of evenness and intensity, it's the best rivalry the league has had since the Heat-Knicks of the late '90's. Yeah, Lakers-Kings was OK, but as someone already pointed out, it was not really a true rivalry since the Lakers won out in every playoff series between the two clubs.

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't hate any NBA team, I just hate Commissioner Stern and the rest of the front office for the damage they have done to the league, and all for the all-mighty buck. Kinda short-sighted cutting off a good size of your market during the playoffs if you ask me.

jman3000
06-30-2006, 02:44 AM
jman3000 - Finding a photo that showed foreign license plates was not easy...Anyway....Welcome to LA....

still doesn't excuse the fact it wasn't a hot chick :drunk