PDA

View Full Version : The movie "Click"

Please_dont_ban_me
06-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Your thoughts?

I watched it today and it was not bad at all. I'm not overly sensitive or anything, but certain parts towards the end do get you a little =( even though it's supposed to be a funny movie. It definately has a moral to it.

You guys should check it out.

atxrocker
06-27-2006, 12:14 AM
eh... haven't been enthusiastic about a sandler movie in some time now. having said that i will probably wait till it is out on dvd to check it out

Please_dont_ban_me
06-27-2006, 12:17 AM
eh... haven't been enthusiastic about a sandler movie in some time now. having said that i will probably wait till it is out on dvd to check it out

I'm a big happy gilmore and billy madison guy, the rest of his stuff...not so much.

That said, this movie isn't really that funny though it has it's moments. It's more on the moral side, and he does a decent job acting. Not to mention, the girl in it is beautiful.

Which reminds me, I need to find out who that is...do you know? God she has that innocent cute smile with a banging body.

atxrocker
06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm a big happy gilmore and billy madison guy, the rest of his stuff...not so much.

That said, this movie isn't really that funny though it has it's moments. It's more on the moral side, and he does a decent job acting. Not to mention, the girl in it is beautiful.

Which reminds me, I need to find out who that is...do you know? God she has that innocent cute smile with a banging body.

the one who plays his wife? if so its kate beckinsale, who is very hot.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-27-2006, 12:34 AM
the one who plays his wife? if so its kate beckinsale, who is very hot.

Yummy.

iminlakerland
06-27-2006, 12:38 AM
I didnt think the movie was all that great. Yes the movie had a moral to it, but at times i felt it was very predictable as well as slow. All in all it was an ok movie, but id say wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it.

T Park
06-27-2006, 01:40 AM
it was predictable.

But,

IMO his best movie to date.

Cause he mixed good acting with good comedy.

Didn't hurt that Kate from Van Helsing was in it.... :tu

Vizzini
06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
I thought it was funny, and I liked the other characters he has from his previous movies. The kid he is always screwing with is named O'Doyle, Christopher Walken talks about going to Red Lobster, and Rob Schneider as Prince Habeebooh (sp?) were all good. Kate Beckinsale is incredibly hot and was great as well. It did get predictable and sappy at the end, but as soon as he went into Bed, Bath and Beyond and he did something (I won't get into spoilers) briefly, you could tell where this one was going. It is a good movie with a good acting job by pretty much all of the crew. I know I will definetly see it again, but I may wait until it is out on DVD first.

Spurminator
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
His best movie is Punch Drunk Love. By far.

DirkAB
06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
I thought it was funny, and I liked the other characters he has from his previous movies. The kid he is always screwing with is named O'Doyle, Christopher Walken talks about going to Red Lobster, and Rob Schneider as Prince Habeebooh (sp?) were all good. Kate Beckinsale is incredibly hot and was great as well. It did get predictable and sappy at the end, but as soon as he went into Bed, Bath and Beyond and he did something (I won't get into spoilers) briefly, you could tell where this one was going. It is a good movie with a good acting job by pretty much all of the crew. I know I will definetly see it again, but I may wait until it is out on DVD first.

I didn't even notice that was Rob Schneider, I can't believe that I missed that. I thought it was good, but not great. It actually was funnier than the previews made it seem, the previews made it seem like there wasn't much Sandler-esque comedy in it, when in fact there was a lot of his brand of comedy in it. I thought that Hasslehoff and the kid in Bed, Bath and Beyond were hilarious. I thought that it got a little too serious for a little too long towards the end, but it did have a nice morale to the story. I would say it was about as good as 50 First Dates, to me it was right in the same ballpark of enjoyment.

Vizzini
06-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I didn't even notice that was Rob Schneider, I can't believe that I missed that.

I can't find any website that says it was him, but he has been in every Sandler movie since Big Daddy (minus Punch Drunk Love that is), and if you paid attention, it looked a lot like him and it sounded like his immigrant voice, so I think it is a safe assumption that it is him.

NASpurs
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah I was told after the movie that it was Rob Schneider and I didn't even notice.

As for the movie, I thought it was pretty good. Nothing exceptionally outstanding but I thought it had it's funny as hell moments. The sappy parts towards the end is to add more volume to the story I think. I don't wanna spoil the jokes or story line by talking too much about it but I would definitely get this when it comes out on DVD.

T Park
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
You could totally tell that was Rob Schneider.

It sounded like him totally.

He used hte same voice as in Big Daddy

SpursWoman
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Like, fer sure. Totally. :lol

Jimcs50
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Really impressed with the movie.

I cried tears with laughter when he farted in his bosses mouth and heard his bosses reaction....that was classic.

Solid D
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I'll have to go see it, but not because of the part that Jim liked. :lol

BTW, Kate Beckinsale was a main character in Pearl Harbor, also.

atxrocker
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I cried tears with laughter when he farted in his bosses mouth and heard his bosses reaction....that was classic.

wow, that sounds overwhelmingly disgusting

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Click was pretty predictable. But it's one of Sandler's better movies. Maybe the best? Very enjoyable film. I'll be getting it when it comes out on DVD.

angel_luv
07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
To me the film was a not very creative spin/ combination of a Christmas Carol and Bruce Almighty.
The movie wasn't the worst I have ever seen, but it was definitely the most disappointing trip to the theater I have made lately ( and I go weekly)

:td :td

Leetonidas
07-08-2006, 01:05 AM
To me the film was a not very creative spin/ combination of a Christmas Carol and Bruce Almighty.
The movie wasn't the worst I have ever seen, but it was definitely the most disappointing trip to the theater I have made lately ( and I go weekly)

:td :td

:wow

I thought it was a very good movie.

aaronstampler
07-08-2006, 01:37 AM
I agree with the other poster, it was definitely like a Christmas Carol, minus the Christmas.

The movie was funny, but the last 30 mins got all serious and the jokes ended, like Wedding Crashers. I hate movies like that. Either be funny straight through or be serious straight through.

The best joke was when he tells his dad, "Well come here, I'll freshen your breath."

Kate Beckinsdale has never looked hotter. Ever.

Sandler's best movies....

1. 50 First Dates
2. Punchdrunk Love
3. Waterboy
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Mr. Deeds

jman3000
07-08-2006, 01:40 AM
I agree with the other poster, it was definitely like a Christmas Carol, minus the Christmas.

The movie was funny, but the last 30 mins got all serious and the jokes ended, like Wedding Crashers. I hate movies like that. Either be funny straight through or be serious straight through.

The best joke was when he tells his dad, "Well come here, I'll freshen your breath."

Kate Beckinsdale has never looked hotter. Ever.

1. 50 First Dates
2. Punchdrunk Love
3. Waterboy
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Mr. Deeds
Like the wedding crashers? the last 30 minutes of that film included will farrel picking up chicks at funerals and bossing around his mom ... funny stuff.

Leetonidas
07-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Wedding Crashers was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Leetonidas
07-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Like the wedding crashers? the last 30 minutes of that film included will farrel picking up chicks at funerals and bossing around his mom ... funny stuff.

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!"

Ah, classic. :lol

aaronstampler
07-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Oh I forgot the wedding singer. That's 4th, pushing Happy Gilmore to 5 and Mr. Deeds out of the top five.

Farrell's cameo was alright, but the 1st 1:15 of that movie was a lot better than the last :45. It's not even debatable. It turned into a chick flick at the end.

Nbadan
07-08-2006, 03:26 AM
I don't know how you can rank Sandler's top 5 and Spanglish not be on the list.

whottt
07-08-2006, 03:36 AM
I give fuck all about click!

Boulevard1
07-08-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't know how you can rank Sandler's top 5 and Spanglish not be on the list.

No shit, Spanglish was great.

angel_luv
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Spanglish was the only movie I truly loved Adam Sandler in.

For the people who saw Click, help me out... what was that line Sandler's character told his wife....

Was it " now and for ever, baby" or " now and for always baby" or something else?

Leetonidas
07-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Spanglish was the only movie I truly loved Adam Sandler in.

For the people who saw Click, help me out... what was that line Sandler's character told his wife....

Was it " now and for ever, baby" or " now and for always baby" or something else?

I believe it was "Forever and ever, babe."

angel_luv
07-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks. :)

That was the one part of the movie that was cute to me.

angel_luv
07-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Fifty First Dates coming on USA in three minutes at 7 pm- since it was mentioned here, I thought some of you might want to see it.

Encore following at nine. :)

jman3000
07-08-2006, 07:00 PM
is that the one with the penguin?

angel_luv
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I think so.

Silver21_Black20
07-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't like Adam Sandler.

midgetonadonkey
07-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Adam Sandler needs to start making rated R movies again.

Fabbs
07-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Pretty good, definitely a good message.
The MTV TRL crowd will probably want to stick with POTC2.

DirkAB
07-08-2006, 07:46 PM

1. 50 First Dates
2. Punchdrunk Love
3. Waterboy
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Mr. Deeds

Anybody that doesn't put Billy Madison in Sandlers top 5 has absolutely no credibility, period. Not to mention ranking 50 First Dates at the top, rigoddamndiculous.

Leetonidas
07-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Anybody that doesn't put Billy Madison in Sandlers top 5 has absolutely no credibility, period. Not to mention ranking 50 First Dates at the top, rigoddamndiculous.

This is my list:

1. Little Nicky
2. Anger Management
3. Click
4. The Longest Yard
5. Mr. Deeds
6. Waterboy
7. 50 First Dates
8. The Wedding Singer
9. Billy Madison
10. Happy Gilmore

DirkAB
07-09-2006, 01:51 AM
This is my list:

1. Little Nicky
2. Anger Management
3. Click
4. The Longest Yard
5. Mr. Deeds
6. Waterboy
7. 50 First Dates
8. The Wedding Singer
9. Billy Madison
10. Happy Gilmore

Invert that list and it's pretty good, very respectable.

Silver21_Black20
07-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Here's my Adam Sandler top movies list...

1. Wedding Singer

uh....that's it.