PDA

View Full Version : Boozer, Iverson Involved In Three-Way Deal?

loveforthegame
06-27-2006, 12:27 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41104/20060626/boozer_iverson_involved_in_three_way_deal/

Boozer, Iverson Involved In Three-Way Deal?

26th June, 2006 - 11:07 pm

Salt Lake Tribune - According to The Chicago Tribune, the Jazz have been involved in talks with Philadelphia and Boston about a three-way trade that would primarily involve All-Star Allen Iverson, Wally Szczerbiak and Carlos Boozer.

Reportedly, Utah would send Boozer to the 76ers, who would send Iverson to the Celtics, who would send Szczerbiak to the Jazz.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Utah would almost certainly have to get another player in such a considering Szczerbiak will be playing on a surgically-repaired knee and will be 30 in March. Tribune writer Steve Luhm mentions Al Jefferson as a potential possibility.

Asked about the rumored three-team trade, however, O'Connor said, "It doesn't have as much life as everybody seems to think it does."

atxrocker
06-27-2006, 12:55 AM
utah would lose out in this deal. regardless of how badly they want to move boozer, a healthy szczerbiak wouldn't be worth the move, muchless a wally coming off of surgery. this trade just does not make much sense to me. iverson in boston? paul pierce probably would not like that idea to much. interesting scenario.

Pistons < Spurs
06-27-2006, 01:17 AM
utah would lose out in this deal. regardless of how badly they want to move boozer, a healthy szczerbiak wouldn't be worth the move, muchless a wally coming off of surgery. this trade just does not make much sense to me. iverson in boston? paul pierce probably would not like that idea to much. interesting scenario.

Actualy I think this is good for everyone except for Philly.

As long as Wally's knee is ok, I think he's an upgrade for the Jazz. They can play him at the 3 (moving Andrei to the 4). Or if they acquire a servicable 4 either in free agency or the draft they can then relace Palicio w/ Wally.

D Williams
Wally
Kirilenko
?
Memo

or

D Willimas
Palacio or even Devin
Wally
Kirilenko
Memo

As for Pierce, he's been very vocal that he wants the team to do something to get some veterans on the team. He is opposed to them keeping their draft pick as he kbnows he only has a few more years left to be a factor in a ring chase.

AI and Pierce could be fun together. It may take a little time for them to play well together ... but the potential is pretty sweet.

Philly though would be screwed. Complete and total restructuring. Dalembert, Boozer, Hunter and Webber rotating between the 4 and 5.

Korver, Iguodala and Salmons thrown in that starting rotation does not a good team make.

I'm assuming draft picks would also be traded in the scenario, but who knows.

Burn531
06-27-2006, 01:35 AM
What's the deal with Utah and white players?

Pistons < Spurs
06-27-2006, 01:40 AM
:lol :lol :lol I was thinking the same thing as I thought about this trade.

Trainwreck2100
06-27-2006, 01:46 AM

somebody's never been to Utah,

Quadzilla99
06-27-2006, 02:10 AM
realGm that's all I had to see. they're almost as credible as HoopsWorld.

Leetonidas
06-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Not to go off-topic, but Trainwreck, I've been watching your sig for awhile and I think the guy on the left is Stan Van Gundy.

Burn531
06-27-2006, 02:26 AM
somebody's never been to Utah,

That would be true but I was talking more about the team itself not the state.