PDA

View Full Version : Jazz claim three-team Boozer deal not done yet

ducks
06-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Jazz claim three-team Boozer deal
The Salt Lake Tribune

According to The Chicago Tribune, the Jazz have been involved in talks with Philadelphia and Boston about a three-way trade that would primarily involve All-Star Allen Iverson, Wally Szczerbiak and Boozer.
Reportedly, Utah would send Boozer to the 76ers, who would send Iverson to the Celtics, who would send Szczerbiak to the Jazz.
Utah would almost certainly have to get another player in such a deal, considering Szczerbiak will be playing on a surgically-repaired knee and will be 30 in March.
One possibility: Boston's third-year power forward, Al Jefferson.
Asked about the rumored three-team trade, however, O'Connor said, "It doesn't have as much life as everybody seems to think it does."
Instead of dealing, O'Connor spent most of his day ". . . trying to finish up our [draft] evaluations."
Utah owns the No. 14 pick in the first round in the draft.
Asked for odds that the Jazz will use their first-round pick instead of trading

Advertisement

up, down or out of the draft, O'Connor said, "I hate to put odds on it, and here's why. One call changes everything."
Apparently, the Jazz haven't gotten that call.
"It seems like they're doing more listening than talking," one NBA source told The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Steve Luhm
http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_3984775

Obstructed_View
06-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Utah needs them a new white boy.

Supergirl
06-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Unless the C's gave up Al Jefferson (they shouldn't) this trade would be a steal for them. I have a hard time thinking the 76ers would let this happen when it would benefit their division rival so much. Give up their franchise player to a division rival for a guy who's been a cancer on his last 2 teams (Boozer) and is nothing more than a glorified role player? I think not.

NBA Junkie
06-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Paul Pierce will be just another player that Iverson can't win with.

resistanze
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I was gonna ask why Boozer's name out of all the players makes the headline, didn't know it was the Salt Lake Tribune.