PDA

View Full Version : Who is Beno Udrih?

toosmallshoes
10-17-2004, 05:45 AM
Beno Udrih is the biggest question mark on this team simply because nobody knows who he is or what he does. He's the Spurs mystery man. I'm looking forward to watching him play. What's he do? Pictures anyone? Observations? 10-12 ppg and around 3apg in european leagues... what's so special about this guy? shooting percentage and steals looks good. Is he as good as Speedy Claxton? Beno who are you?????

ChumpDumper
10-17-2004, 11:20 AM
It's been said before and I agree -- Beno looks like he's been running an NBA team for years when he plays. The difference in decisiveness between him and a guy like Hart or most other rookies is pronounced. I think his learning curve is going to be very short-lived, although he has a ways to go conditioning-wise.

SequSpur
10-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Chumpdump basis NBA knowledge on one preseason game, that was a loss against the lowly New York Knicks.

Beno looks like he is running an NBA team for years???? Wait til he plays the Kings, Wolves, Pistons, and the Pacers. He will want to go back home.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Actually I based it on all the summer league games and scrimmage too, stretch.

The Knicks were a playoff team last year and are quite improved this season. You'll see.

MI21
10-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Chumpdump basis NBA knowledge on one preseason game, that was a loss against the lowly New York Knicks.

Beno looks like he is running an NBA team for years???? Wait til he plays the Kings, Wolves, Pistons, and the Pacers. He will want to go back home.

You base your opinion on Beno on the same things Chump is, Summer League and Preseason. So you can't say he is going to suck if you are going pull Chump up for saying something positive based on the same game action you have seen, whcih you used to base your opinion that he sucks on.

:)

timvp
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Who is Beno Udrih?

He might be the key to the season. When healthy, he'll provide a solid backup to Parker who won't make many mistakes. He's smart, a nice passer and can score. As he develops, he'll be one of the better backup point guards in the league.

If he doesn't stay healthy, it's going to really hurt. That means Barry has to move the point guard slot, and from what I've seen so far, there is no way he can defend that position. That would also take away what Barry does best ... shooting and creating off the ball.

So far, so good for Beno.

BronxCowboy
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
If Beno is injured as often as I'm afraid he will be, let's hope they keep someone other than Barry around for insurance.

Solid D
10-19-2004, 01:24 AM
http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/040716/040716_9.jpghttp://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/040716/040716_10.jpg

...and he wears a "man purse" and a puka shell necklace.

Marcus Bryant
10-19-2004, 01:27 AM
He's from Slovenia. Need I say more?

Slomo
10-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Thank you MB, it's so unlike you to say nice things about people!

picnroll
10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Beno should get a good test tonight from Barbosa and Nash if they match up much.

T Park
10-19-2004, 02:42 PM
If he was american, black, and had tatoos, Marcus would be drooling over him.

Rasho needs to add a tribal band to his arm, spike his hair and hell be ok with Mr bandwagoner Marcus.

fonzy16
10-20-2004, 07:36 AM
looks like he's playing better than barry, based on preseason games ofcourse.