PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of a long, athletic, forward...

SenorSpur
06-28-2006, 08:55 AM
We all agree as to the Spurs need for a long, athletic forward. For a minute there during the 2005 season I thouught the answer to that question was this guy:

#43. Linton Johnson
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 225 lbs.
Position: Small Forward / Power Forward
College: Tulane
Born: 13th June, 1980
Experience: 2 Seasons

Recall that we all heard much about him during training camp and preseason, but he never saw "the light of day" during the season. I'm curious to know what happened with this guy. Why didn't he develop and why did the Spurs give up on him?

Is it possible that when the Spurs do revisit the Barry-for-Smith trade as expected, they could look at somehow reacquiring this guy to fill the need at backup small forward? Perhaps Johnson would be a more suitable "throw-in" as opposed to shooting guard Arvydas Macijauskas

Also, many of us agree that the solution to the Spurs backup PG puzzle is:

#5. Speedy Claxton
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Position: Point Guard
College: Hotstra
Born: 8th May, 1978
Experience: 5 Seasons

I'm not sure how to make the salaries match, yet it is possible the Spurs can look to these New Orleans players as they seek to fill their roster needs.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
linton johnson wasnt given a chance cause he had minor foot injuries, and teh team was stacked not givin him any pt, and he lookd like nazr, was the reason he probaly didnt get any pt haha

speedy, bring him back

polandprzem
06-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh come

on

:rolleyes

Knoxville Spur
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I think Linton is also listed at about 205 pounds, rather slight!

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
What about Sanikidez? Wasn't he taken a few years ago as the SF of the future for the Spurs? I haven't heard anything about him in quite some time.