PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in Dwayne Mitchell tonight?

Drive Like Jehu
06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060628/SPORTS/606280327/1006

"I've talked to a lot of teams ... the Spurs, Charlotte, recently the Knicks and the Rockets about a week ago," said University of Louisiana basketball coach Robert Lee. "From the people I talked to, I think he has a chance from the middle to the latter part of the second round."

In Orlando, Mitchell dazzled the scouts in their testing of physical skills. His no-step vertical jump of 37 1/2 inches was two inches higher than anyone else in the 81-player combine, his maximum vertical leap (41 1/2 inches) was second in the group and his full-court sprint time (3.16 seconds) was eighth.

MoSpur
06-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds very athletic.

Beer is Good
06-28-2006, 09:42 AM
sounds like NFL combine stuff. He's a good athlete, but can he play at this level for a contender?

Unless they trade up, this pick will best be served as trade bait in a package deal with Barry or someone else.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM
can he defend? can he put the ball in the basket?

timvp
06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
6-foot-5 shooting guard?

Eh, not overly enthused.

Solid D
06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Being able to jump out of the gym isn't always great. It takes longer for them to come down after a ball fake. :smokin

Spurs really need a backup PG and a good basketball player with length, 6'-8" or greater. There are over 30 players 6-8" or taller in this draft.

j-6
06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
The "University of Louisiana"? WTF? They were called USL in the shitty Sun Belt conference like five years ago.

clooneyschick04
06-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I got to see Mitchell play a few times this past season and he's nothing to get excited over.

He's a slasher/dunker and an average defender but that's about the extent of his game.

He averaged a fair number of assists last season but he's a turnover machine (think Beno to the tenth power). He's also a very poor jump shooter.

It's a shame the Spurs can't do something to get Tyrus Thomas. Now that's someone I'd love to see in a Spurs uniform. :smokin

Bruno
06-28-2006, 04:01 PM
6-foot-5 shooting guard?

Eh, not overly enthused.

You will be even less enthusiast when you will learn that he is in fact 6'3.25".

gregpschneid
06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
i went to school with him at UL. He is very athletic and a good rebounder at the 2 guard position. He could probably become a good defensive player as well. His decision making is really bad though. Dwayne was one of the most athletic players in ncaa though, probably be a good pick.

azzkickinchicken
06-28-2006, 05:48 PM
The only people who call ULL the University of Louisiana are the people that go there. They think it makes them sound more important to drop the Lafayette from their title. It has to do with a huge inferiority complex towards LSU.
:rolleyes

gregpschneid
07-03-2006, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=azzkickinchicken]The only people who call ULL the University of Louisiana are the people that go there. They think it makes them sound more important to drop the Lafayette from their title. It has to do with a huge inferiority complex towards LSU.
:rolleyes[/QUOTE

LSU stinks! Could Shaq have recieved a master's degree anywhere else? and it's www.louisiana.edu. We are the official louisiana school.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 12:17 AM
javatokas is athletic and tall, block shots and can rebound.....sounds like a poor mans ben wallace.

How's that relevant to this thread is beyond my comprehension.