PDA

View Full Version : a trade with Grizzlies

kobyz
06-28-2006, 01:33 PM
they look to shopping Shane Battier, we can other them nazi and a next year first raoun draft pic.

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Battier for Scola straight up. he would be a great BB replacement. Plus you pretty much know what you're getting with him as opposed to a draft pick.

T Park
06-28-2006, 01:49 PM
yeah good luck with that quad.... Salary cap be damned.

We have a Nazi on the team?

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah we can throw in Bonner and Williams they make 7-8 million total.

FromWayDowntown
06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah we can throw in Bonner and Williams they make 7-8 million total.

I'm pretty sure you can't throw in Bonner and Williams until at least December. I might be wrong, but that used to be the rule.

As for the trade proposal: (1) the Spurs can't trade next year's first rounder; and (2) I have no idea why Jerry West would want to acquire a Lorenzen Wright clone when he's already trying to rid himself of Lorenzen Wright.

Mr. Body
06-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Lorenzen Wright is already rid-of, I think. Was in the last year of his contract.

FromWayDowntown
06-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Lorenzen Wright is already rid-of, I think. Was in the last year of his contract.

Understood.

My point is that West has been trying to unload Wright for several years in advance of the end of his contract, so I just can't see him biting on a guy like Nazr, who's output is eerily similar to Wright's.

Mr. Body
06-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Gotcha, FWD. And I agree.

FromWayDowntown
06-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Gotcha, FWD. And I agree.

Didn't mean to suggest I was disagreeable with you -- your post rightfully made me think mine needed clarification. Good to know I'm not alone, though.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2006, 02:26 PM
only player on grizz team spurs probaly want is battier, and teh sf they drafted last year. hackim warrik

SPARKY
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
they look to shopping Shane Battier, we can other them nazi and a next year first raoun draft pic.

eh?

ro_50
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Why do people assume that a lot of teams would want Nazr in a S & T?

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Why do people assume that a lot of teams would want Nazr in a S & T?

Wishful thinking. I don't assume that. He got benched at the start of the season and in the playoffs plus he has terrible hands.

MoSpur
06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd rather have Warrick.

ducks
06-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Shane Battier: On the Trading Block

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Update: The Grizzlies are offering Battier around to teams in the effort to move up in Wednesday's NBA draft, reports the Memphis Commercial-Appeal.

Recommendation: "We need to do a good job in the draft this year," Grizzlies President JerryWest said. "You have to give something to get something. Would we do that? Absolutely. ...Your mind is working constantly on how to get a player in here that will make a difference. Sometimes you do that at the expense of trading someone people wouldn't like (you to trade)." Pau Gasol is the only Grizzlies player that West has deemed "untouchable", as they attempt to move up in the draft to get a combo guard and/or big man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...owire&type=lgns

MoSpur
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Again, take Warrick.

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Warrick is the poor man's version of Stromile Swift imo. I'll take Battier.

Big P
06-28-2006, 04:34 PM
They are looking to move up in the draft...we wouldn't be able to help them...so chances are no Battier trade.

MoSpur
06-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Warrick is the poor man's version of Stromile Swift imo. I'll take Battier.

Swift has been in the league a lot longer than Warrick. Warrick was a rookie last year and didn't see that much playing time. He is young and has more potential than Swift. Plus his contract is a lot less than Battier's contract.

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Everybody was saying the same things about Swift until this year, when he finally got completely exposed by not being able to beat out Juwan Howard. After someone like Swift is exposed everyone pretends no one ever thought he was good. He was picked #2 overall. Warrick has no handle at all so he cant play SF and he weighs 210 dripping wet so he cant play Pf. These things aren't gonna change. He can dunk like crazy but so what? So could Harold Miner. Thats just my opinion, maybe useful in certain matchups but not a regular contributor imo.

MoSpur
06-28-2006, 04:49 PM
People thought all Bowen could do was defend. He turned out to be a pretty decent three-point shooter. Then they said all he could do is shoot from the corner. Then this season he developed a mid-range shot.

grjr
06-28-2006, 04:50 PM
They are looking to move up in the draft..

Why? Are Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones in the draft again?

I don't know much about basketball but I do know I wouldn't want Jerry West choosing my draft picks for me.

wileycoyote
06-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Battier would be an awesome Spur!

I just don't see how it can work.

SequSpur
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Western teams aren't going to make the Spurs better. Take note.

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
People thought all Bowen could do was defend. He turned out to be a pretty decent three-point shooter. Then they said all he could do is shoot from the corner. Then this season he developed a mid-range shot.

Bowen's in the league because of his rare and exceptional defensive ability. None other than Kobe Bryant said he's the best defensive player he ever played against. Warrick is not in the Bruce Bowen, Michael Jordan, or Michael Cooper class defensively :lol . Bad comparison. He has no position, he can get by with his weak handle like Bowen does if he's one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time. Thats about as likely as me fucking Halle Berry though. He weighs 210 so PF is out of the question too. Not a PF not a SF what is he? A 3rd-4th player off the bench probably.

Supergirl
06-28-2006, 05:34 PM
THe article that I read that said the Grizz were shopping Battier said they wanted a higher 1st round draft pick this year for him. We don't have that to offer them.

Too bad, because Battier would be a GREAT pick up for the Spurs.

JamStone
06-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Spurs can't trade next year's first round pick. They traded this year's first round pick to the Knicks, and CBA rules state you can't trade away two first round picks in consecutive years.

Nazr can only be included in a trade if he agrees. Nazr is an unrestricted free agent, so can only trade him there if he agrees to the sign-and-trade. If Nazr does not want to go to Memphis, Spurs can't trade him for Shane Battier.

Bruno
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Spurs can't trade next year's first round pick. They traded this year's first round pick to the Knicks, and CBA rules state you can't trade away two first round picks in consecutive years.

In fact, it's not exactly true.
You can't trade consecutives future first round pick.
After the draft Spurs will be able to trade their 2007 first round pick.

50 cent
06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Looks like Battier is going to Houston for Gay.