PDA

View Full Version : Prokom Trefl Sopot trying to sign with Robertas Javtokas

ducks
06-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Prokom Trefl Sopot didn't announce their roster yet and they're still trying to sign with Robertas Javtokas (211-C-80, agency: Interperformances, college: Arizona) who played 5 seasons in Lietuvos Rytas Vilnus.
In Eurleague in 22 games he averaged 9,6ppg and 8,2rpg and was also best blocker of Lithuanian and Baltic league. Javtokas would like to sign only a pre-contract cause in 2001 he was drafted by San Antionio Spurs and wants to play NBA next season.

http://www.eurobasket.com/pol/pol.asp

Quadzilla99
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
^^Fuck that sh*t!!

ChumpDumper
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a fallback in case a Spur deal falls through. Be patient -- July is coming.

Keep in mind that most of these guys have a Euro agent and a US agent, each working to get a deal within his own sphere of influence.

Burly_Man
06-28-2006, 03:48 PM
There is another section from Eurobasket dated June 23rd stating that Prokom Trefl Sopot want to sign Javtokas, but that he is too expensive for them.

Everything should be known in the following days. Moreover Prokom was interested in signing Robertas Javtokas (211-C-80, agency: Interperformances, college: Arizona) and Ruben Wolkowyski (207-C-73) but they are too expensive even for Prokom which budget will be increased to 7 mln $.

boutons_
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Robertas, get you patched-up-body over here, and quit screwing around with other teams.

blaze89
06-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Prokom Trefl Sopot

Sounds like a Star Wars character.

Burly_Man
06-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Feedback from Polish posters on International boards is that this is just Javtokas' insurance policy if things fall through with the Spurs. The Polish posters don't expect to see Javtokas in Poland anytime soon.

Reportedly, the contract is for 900,000 euros/annum.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Don't think it's gonna happen

timvp
06-29-2006, 04:31 AM
Damn poland trying to steal our players. Do they even have basketballs in poland?

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Damn poland trying to steal our players. Do they even have basketballs in poland?

I don't know about baskets but WE definately have balls. :smokin

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 04:47 AM
All I know is that Prokom is trying to persuade him, and doing it all the time. In Poland he is I think best center (I do not know who else is there), and the main concern for Javtokas is PT.
How much do you think he is gonna play in San Antonio. When the spurs will not sign a center ?

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 05:37 AM
he does know that the nba season is 82 games right, plenty of pt to go around

Jakub Gorski
06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Prokom Trefl Sopot

Sounds like a Star Wars character.

Hi everybody,

I am form Sopot, Poland!

I was always thinking how our team name sounds for native English speakers, now I know ;)))))))))))

Jakub Gorski
06-29-2006, 06:55 AM

First of all POLAND is a country that is your ally in Iraq so for sure you shouldn't damn it.

Second thing is that Javtokas is not your player until he signs a contract so nobody is stealing anything.

Third thing is that Prokom (company that sponsors my team) and his owner Ruszard Krauze is one of most wealthy people in Eastern Europe so if he decides that Javtokas is worth 900.000$ the club will sign him. But everything depends not on what Prokom Terfl Sopot wants, but what SAS does. I do not believe anyway that Robertas is good enough for the NBA. If I could choose I would sign Scola for sure.

Fourth thing is that I do not believe that neither SAS nor PTS will sign Robertas. SAS and Popovic do not really want him, and for PTS he is not worth this money. I think that he will end up in the club like Baca or Benetton.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 07:05 AM
First of all POLAND is a country that is your ally in Iraq so for sure you shouldn't damn it.

Second thing is that Javtokas is not your player until he signs a contract so nobody is stealing anything.

Third thing is that Prokom (company that sponsors my team) and his owner Ruszard Krauze is one of most wealthy people in Eastern Europe so if he decides that Javtokas is worth 900.000$ the club will sign him. But everything depends not on what Prokom Terfl Sopot wants, but what SAS does. I do not believe anyway that Robertas is good enough for the NBA. If I could choose I would sign Scola for sure.

Fourth thing is that I do not believe that neither SAS nor PTS will sign Robertas. SAS and Popovic do not really want him, and for PTS he is not worth this money. I think that he will end up in the club like Baca or Benetton.

Is's almost sure Kuba that Robertas will sign with the Spurs

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 07:21 AM
if i was javtokas i should have a think about it, dependin on how many games a season in poland is compared to nba season.......900k euro vs LLE for 82games?

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 07:26 AM
if i was javtokas i should have a think about it, dependin on how many games a season in poland is compared to nba season.......900k euro vs LLE for 82games?

Yeah , and Sopot?

With practicly 1% of chances to be in Final Foul (Euroleague) :huh

Pero
06-29-2006, 08:52 AM
What good is 82 games if you don`t play?

Solid D
06-29-2006, 09:00 AM

Jakub, timvp wasn't serious. It was a verbal jab with polandprzem, who frequently posts with dry sarcasm - whose posts are sometimes mistaken for serious comments, as well.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Jakub, timvp wasn't serious. It was a verbal jab with polandprzem, who frequently posts with dry sarcasm - whose posts are sometimes mistaken for serious comments, as well.

So we've got a bigger picture :tu

And I do not think that our polish troops will decide to retreat after the spurs singn with Javtokas.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Was that posted?
http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3228&z=1

Javtokas wants to play for Spurs
SpursReport
Monday, June 05, 2006

Our contributor from Vilnius, Lithuania tells us that contrary to other reports, Robertas Javtokas is sure about where he would like to play and is now trying to hammer out some details on his contract with the Spurs' front office.

Javtokas is the 25 year-old, athletic big man (6'11, 250 lbs) who the Spurs have been developing and watching closely over the last few years since drafting him in the 2nd round (#56) of the 2001 NBA Draft.

It had been reported eartlier that Javtokas might be headed to Maccabi Tel Aviv, one of the most successful basketball teams in Europe, instead of San Antonio because that team could guarantee him more minutes of playing time.

Javtokas had told several people that those reports (from Israel) were going to pop like a bubble in the middle of the summer.

His agent, Virginijus Bulotas, has now confirmed to various sources in that country that the former Lietuvos Rytas star is finishing his negotiations with the Spurs.

"They're dotting the i's and putting the final touches on the contract," said one person close to the story. "And after July 12th, the first day on which players can sign new contracts with NBA teams, Robertas is expected to sign his contract with San Antonio."

If reports are accurate and play out as planned, then Javtokas will be the 9th Lithuanian ever to play in the NBA.

The Spurs, as always, will not confirm negotiations or roster moves until after they occur.

Jakub Gorski
06-30-2006, 08:41 AM

:spin ok thanks

Jakub Gorski
06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Is's almost sure Kuba that Robertas will sign with the Spurs

"almost" makes a big difference, we will see.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 08:49 AM
"almost" makes a big difference, we will see.

Robertas Javtokas (211-C-80, agency: Interperformances, college: Arizona) won't play in Prokom Trefl Sopot. Player is very determined to sign deal with San Antonio Spurs. He wants to put his signature under the contract with this team as soon as possible. Unofficially it is known that Lithuanian player required 900,000 Euros for season and it was too much for Prokom.

http://www.eurobasket.com/pol/pol.asp

MoSpur
06-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Sounds good. He looks like a good pick up.

Solid D
06-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Okay, so one of the sites referenced in Eurobasket is proBASKET.pl and here is the text from that article.

I cannot read Polish, however I have bolded a couple of curious items from it:
1) SpursReport?
2) I think we've found Kluby!!! :smokin

http://probasket.pl/index.php?act=news&cc=full&news_id=16940&sid=10

Dodany: 29-06-2006, 20:13, przez: Wojciech Zeidler
Robertas Javtokas jest bardzo zdeterminowany, aby podpisać kontrakt z San Antonio Spurs. Jest to zła wiadomość dla zarządu Prokomu Trefla , ponieważ działacze Mistrzów Polski starają się o Litwina w Sopocie. Serwis SpursReaport podaje, że Javtokas chce podpisać kontrakt najszybciej jak jest to możliwe. Kluby mogą podpisywać nowe kontrakty z koszykarzami od 12 lipca. Agent Litwina zdementował doniesienia, że prowadzi on zaawansowane rozmowy z Maccabi Tel Awiw. O ekipie Mistrzów Polski serwis SpursReaport nie wspomina, więc prawdopodobnie sopocianie nie mają szans na pozyskanie gwiazdy. Włodarze Spurs milczą.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Shortly:

Javtokas is very determined to sing with the Spurs and that is a bad news for Prokom.
SpursReport says he wants to singn the coontract as sooon as possible. (12th July)
Lithuenian agent said that it's not true (damn what was this word :cuss) that he is talking with Maccabi about singning with them.
SpursReport not mentioning Prokom so they probably have no chance to aquire the star. Spurs office keeps silence.

I think we've found Kluby!!!

:huh

Kluby means Clubs

Solid D
06-30-2006, 10:02 AM
For those who don't know, Kluby was a poster or personality in the early days when many of the old school posters here at SpursTalk/FSP were part of SpursReport Forum (the early version). timvp was there... as was "Kori Duncan", SpursFan/Marcus Bryant/etc. SpursWoman and many others. Kluby was a somewhat racially bigotted, annoying, argue-with-a-rock, personality and someone who would frequently self-compliment. timvp found a wacky invention on the web called a "backpatter" and named it "the kluby". Kluby frequently was given this "backpatter" following self-props.

Kluby as a personality disappeared/was banned.

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

Solid D
06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Shortly:

Javtokas is very determined to sing with the Spurs and that is a bad news for Prokom.
SpursReport says he wants to singn the coontract as sooon as possible. (12th July)
Lithuenian agent said that it's not true (damn what was this word :cuss) that he is talking with Maccabi about singning with them.
SpursReport not mentioning Prokom so they probably have no chance to aquire the star. Spurs office keeps silence.

If that site is quoting SpursReport, then I don't think there is any new insight. I don't believe they have delivered any "breaking" news.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Didn't knew about the "Kluby"

That changes everything.

Well all we know that Javtokas wants to singn with the spurs bad.

(Read my previous post)