PDA

View Full Version : More on Artest and uniform numbers

ShoogarBear
10-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Link (requires registration) (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-041010smith,0,4045115.column?coll=cs-bulls-navigation)

Preseason is always big business in uniform numbers. Cleveland's Jeff McInnis wanted $25,000 to give Drew Gooden No. 0, so Gooden will wear 90, a combination of his two NBA numbers. Indiana's Ron Artest will wear his third NBA number, No. 91, to honor Dennis Rodman. Said Artest: "When I look back on my career, I want to have a lot of jerseys." Artest wore No. 23 the last two seasons to honor Michael Jordan and said he's considering the numbers of John Paxson and Steve Kerr in the future.

Meanwhile, the league said it is considering a rule to limit the number of different uniform numbers a player can wear in his career.

Lamar Odom got No. 7 from the Lakers' Brian Cook for a four-figure payment. Cook asked for his college No. 34, but that was Shaquille O'Neal's, so the Lakers gave Cook No. 43.

Jeez, can't the league find something better to do? I like the idea of Artest changing numbers every year.

T Park
10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
why the hell wouldnt they just give cook number 34.

Oneal plays for the Heat now dumbasses.

The number thing with Artest is goofy.

If your an Artest fan in Indiana, youve got to be frusterated having to buy a new jersey every freakin year.

BronxCowboy
10-17-2004, 12:58 PM
why the hell wouldnt they just give cook number 34.

Oneal plays for the Heat now dumbasses.

As if every team that Shaq plays for won't retire his number. Come on.

missmyzte
10-17-2004, 01:06 PM
As if every team that Shaq plays for won't retire his number. Come on.

If only they would have given Brian #34, I would have laughed for days because that would have really pissed off Shaq. Well, BC will have to settle for #43 I guess.

T Park
10-17-2004, 01:18 PM
So Orlando, Miami, La, and whoever else, is gonna retire that number???

Please.

Almost as bad as Miami retireing Jordan's number.

BronxCowboy
10-17-2004, 07:06 PM
So Orlando, Miami, La, and whoever else, is gonna retire that number???

Please.

Almost as bad as Miami retireing Jordan's number.

It may be bad, but tell me they won't. :smokin