PDA

View Full Version : draft left overs

adonis827
06-29-2006, 01:12 AM
from among those undrafted, can we be able to find anything at all? maybe their's a marquis daniels in there or ben wallace etc.

and where did tiago splitter ended up?

adonis827
06-29-2006, 01:13 AM
damn! he withdrew already

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Splitter withdrew and is likely part of the great 2007 draft.

There are a number of good ideas from the undrafted ranks. You'll see threads on them floating around, I'm sure. A couple are Mike Gansey and Kevin Pittsnoggle. Other ideas include guys like Darius Washington and Kenny Adeleke.

DirkAB
06-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Brandon Bowman and Steven Smith.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Some left over that can help us:
Darius Washington
Louis Amundson
Taj Gray
Justin Williams
Jose Juan Barea
Kenny Adeleke
Marcus Slaughter
Sean Dockery
Terrel Everett
Chris Quinn
Eric Hicks
Nick Caner-Medley
Daniel Horton
Curtis Stindon

Parker 09
06-29-2006, 05:02 AM
Sean Dockery would be pretty good, a hustle PG who plays good d and is an ok scorer

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Bring the tweeners in to summer league.

Those point guards disgust me.

timvp
06-29-2006, 05:21 AM
I want to see Kenny Adeleke on the summer league team. The guy might be an NBA quality rebounder.

Jose Juan Barea couldn't hurt to take a look at in summer league.

wildbill2u
06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
I want to see Kenny Adeleke on the summer league team. The guy might be an NBA quality rebounder.

Told ya! No reason to waste a mandatory pick at 59 on someone who wasn't gonna get drafted at 60 anyway. We were in no danger of losing him, even if we liked him and didn't draft him.

Lots of guys like Barea available for summer leagues and short term tryouts as free agents.

Spurs9
06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Allan Ray as well.

ShoogarBear
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I would be interested in seeing what Caner-Medley did in the pros. He might prove to be an interesting Brian Cardinal-type player.

djohn14
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Taquan Dean.Wait....did he get drafted.

T Park
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Agreed Shoog, Id bring in Caner Medley, Adeleke, and Eric Hicks, wouldn't be a hand tryout for SL either.

T Park
06-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Pops Mensah Bonsu

Who did he go to?

loveforthegame
06-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Pops Mensah Bonsu

Who did he go to?

He went undrafted. I scanned the yahoo page to make sure.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Is there anything to recommend Pops other than his name?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
I want to see if Marcus Slaughter has any SF potential. If I squint hard enough, I see Noel Felix.

T Park
06-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Pops Mensah was supposedly a potentially decent big man with great hops.

Would be worth looking at for Summer League and putting in Austin.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 03:52 PM
In fact, undrafted players with some upsided are most of the times undersized players (mainly SG around 6'3" and PF around 6'8").

We don't need a 6'3" SG but as said ChumpDumper, turning a college PF into a long rebounding SF can be a good solution.

ducks
06-29-2006, 04:25 PM
There were several players that the Spurs had shown interest in before the draft who were not selected. Among them, is Maryland forward Nik Caner-Medley. That Brett Brown, son of Cheverus High Coach Bob Brown, is the Spurs' director of basketball operations may have something to do with the supposed interest. Or nothing at all.

Caner-Medley did work out for the Spurs. He worked out for eight teams.

Although four Terps were officially draft-eligible, many figured Nik Caner-Medley was the only player with a realistic chance of being drafted to an NBA roster.

A team spokesman said Caner-Medley would not speak to reporters following the draft. In May, many mock drafts had Caner-Medley being drafted in the very late stages of the second and final round. But over the last month, his name was not seen as much by the “experts” predicting the draft.

To attempt to improve his stock, Caner-Medley withdrew from classes towards the end of last semester to work out with trainer Tim Grover in Chicago on a full-time basis. Grover was Michael Jordan’sformer trainer.

Caner-Medley averaged 15.3 points and 6.3 rebounds last season for the Terps. When then-senior guard Chris McCray was ruled academically ineligible, Caner-Medley showed his potential, leading the Terps from there on out.

In the Terps’ first two games without McCray, Caner-Medley scored 33 and 30 points against Georgia Tech and Temple, respectively. He scored double digits in 14 of the Terps’ final 15 games and seemed to carry the team as it made a late season push to make the NCAA tournament.

But despite being the Terps’ best player last season, Caner-Medley never became a true fan favorite. By the end of last season, many Terp supporters were happy to see Caner-Medley and the rest of an underachieving senior class finish their collegiate careers.

And that fervor spilled into last night, as Caner-Medley’s name was never announced.

Students around College Park didn’t seem to care that the 6-foot-8, 240 pound forward wasn’t drafted. Many, in fact, showed hostility toward the former Terp.

“Apparently, being the best player in Maine history doesn’t mean much to NBA executives,” senior marketing major Mike Prince said. “Anyone who’s a Terp fan saw the writing on the wall this season. He must have ignorant people around him because all of us saw it coming.”

If they have a genuine interest, the Spurs could invite Caner-Medley to play on their rookie summer league team.

NBAFAN001
06-29-2006, 06:49 PM

I like Barea. He overplayed everybody at the PIT tournament, including Sean Dockery.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm sure if it was he'd have been drafted. He'd be a project like Felix.

T Park
06-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Id seriously give a shot on the summer league team to Caner-Medley

long 3, can shoot and has a propensity to rebound.

Can't hurt....

Mr. Body
06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Caner-Medley apparently has gone on the Pistons summer team.

atxrocker
06-30-2006, 11:56 PM
taj gray is officially spoken for the time being in joing the sacramento kings summer league camp. apparently petrie is making up for his horrible first round pick of douby. gray and justin williams should make our summer league very intersting.