PDA

View Full Version : What The ...

PaceMonster
06-29-2006, 03:43 AM
The Rockets traded Rudy Gay AND!!! Stromile Swift for FUCKING Shane Battier....what is their GM smoking...they traded Stromile Swift whose better than Battier himself and Rudy Gay...this has to be the stupidest fucking trade ever

Obstructed_View
06-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Stromile Swift whose better than Battier himself ...
The question is what have you been smoking?

PaceMonster
06-29-2006, 04:11 AM
we're talking about Battier...SHANE BATTIER!! this guy is terrible....Swift plays with more energy and can have more impact on a game.....in 15 more minutes than Swift he averages just 2 more points and 1 more rebound......lets just stop our argueing right there

FreshPrince22
06-29-2006, 04:19 AM
we're talking about Battier...SHANE BATTIER!! this guy is terrible....Swift plays with more energy and can have more impact on a game.....in 15 more minutes than Swift he averages just 2 more points and 1 more rebound......lets just stop our argueing right thereGet your head out of the damn stats. Battier is much better than Swift. He's pretty much the epitome of a role player. He defends, rebounds, and he's a team leader, but he doesn't demand shots. However, that is where it ends. Giving them Gay is just mind-blowingly retarded.

PaceMonster
06-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Pau Gasol is more of a team leader than Battier but w/e squash that......Stromile Swift can still play the game pretty good and Rudy Gay with one of the biggest upsides...thats just dumb

Obstructed_View
06-29-2006, 04:29 AM
we're talking about Battier...SHANE BATTIER!! this guy is terrible....Swift plays with more energy and can have more impact on a game.....in 15 more minutes than Swift he averages just 2 more points and 1 more rebound......lets just stop our argueing right there
So you never bothered to question why Swift gets so few minutes playing for a lottery-bound, injury-riddled team. I agree that Rudy Gay was too much to give up, but it shows how desperate Houston was to rid themselves of Swift.

PaceMonster
06-29-2006, 04:36 AM
he may not have much talent, but he plays with energy...how many of his dunks have u seen on the ESPN top 10 plays this year...i can name 5 out the top of my head

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 04:51 AM
Swift is easily one of the most overrated players of the last decade, but giving up Gay also was too much.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 05:18 AM
polandprzem:
1. Battier better then Swift
2. Bad move giving-up Gay
3. [ Conclusion] They may smoke good stuff but too much

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 05:40 AM
as far i can say, it wasnt a bad trade, they get a guy who earns less then what his market value is, and for gay, he still hasnt shown anything at nba level yet, so he hasnt prove shit, his more of the type of player like gerald green comin into the league with the tools etc....

RON ARTEST
06-29-2006, 05:55 AM
he may not have much talent, but he plays with energy...how many of his dunks have u seen on the ESPN top 10 plays this year...i can name 5 out the top of my head
so hes good because he dunks? hes a horrible player and his basketball iq is very low, houston rockets fans think so too. i agree that they should have ket rudy but battier is WAY better than swift because hes a great role player.

ALVAREZ6
06-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Stupid trade.

Gay has a lot of potential.

Extra Stout
06-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Are they any intelligent Miami Heat fans in the entire world?

God, you people irritate me.

You epitomize what is wrong about NBA fandom. You think that because a player gets highlight dunks on ESPN that he must be awesome. I don't think you could know any less about the game if you tried.

Stromile Swift was an absolute disaster for the Rockets this year. CBA scrubs played ahead of him in their rotation. They made this trade simply to dump his contract, so desperate were they to be rid of him.

JamStone
06-29-2006, 09:36 AM
The trade was basically Shane Battier for Rudy Gay. Stromile was needed to match salaries. Rockets were disappointed in Swift and were willing to give him up to make the deal happen.

Rudy Gay has a lot of potential, but Battier helps the the Rockets immediatelly, is a good role player, plays good defense which is a requisite for Van Gundy, can play the 2, 3, or 4, and works well as a third or four option. Rudy Gay definitely has more promise to be special, but he would likely not help that much next year.

As for Swift being better than Battier, well if you're talking about athletic ability, definitely. But, in general ...

... Shane smart, Stromile stupid.

strangeweather
06-29-2006, 09:40 AM
The trade was basically Shane Battier for Rudy Gay. Stromile was needed to match salaries. Rockets were disappointed in Swift and were willing to give him up to make the deal happen.

Rudy Gay has a lot of potential, but Battier helps the the Rockets immediatelly, is a good role player, plays good defense which is a requisite for Van Gundy, can play the 2, 3, or 4, and works well as a third or four option. Rudy Gay definitely has more promise to be special, but he would likely not help that much next year.

As for Swift being better than Battier, well if you're talking about athletic ability, definitely. But, in general ...

:tu

The other thing about Gay is that this was a horrible draft, and if there had been many teams that really thought Gay had massive potential, there's no way he would have fallen to #8. I think there's a lot of teams out there that don't believe in him.

Amare_32
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
This whole draft sucked. Next year's draft will be better.
________
Self-injury recovery advice (http://www.health-forums.org/self-injury-recovery/)
________
Medical Marijuana 91303 Sherman Way (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

ShoogarBear
06-29-2006, 10:21 AM
The REAL question is what does Swift think about going back to Memphis, after bolting there as a free agent last year?

ShoogarBear
06-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh, and Shane Battier is the ultimate Jeff Van Gumby player.

Amare_32
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM

You give Heat fans a bad name.
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 10:35 AM
The "Stro Show" couldn't beat out Juwan Howard last year. He sucks.

azzkickinchicken
06-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes - Stro has been a complete flop in the NBA. We all remember though, some of his finest moments like this:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/74886aa27d.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)

DirkAB
06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Good trade for the Rockets, they got somebody that can step in and contribute right away, and they got rid of shit for brains Swift. Battier will fit very nicely next to T-Mac, he is a very smart and well rounded player, his defense makes him a great fit w/Van Gundy. Gay will probably be good, but the Rockets needed help now. Yao is getting close to finding his stride, and T-Mac will soon have passed his prime.

Anybody that thinks Swift is a better player than Battier, is a fucking moron and should stop waisting their time watching the NBA right now.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Anybody that thinks Swift is a better player than Battier, is a fucking moron and should stop waisting their time watching the NBA right now.
Most people don't appreciate defense or the value of a good defender. If Pau Gasol weren't soft as tissue paper Battier would have been a better fit on the Grizzlies.

DirkAB
06-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Most people don't appreciate defense or the value of a good defender. If Pau Gasol weren't soft as tissue paper Battier would have been a better fit on the Grizzlies.

Whose defensive value is underappreciated? Battier or Swift?

mabber
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM

I agree, plus it's obvious that the Rockets were looking to add someone to guard Dirk so TMac doesn't have to expend so much energy doing that. Battier did a decent job on Dirk in the Memphis series he just didn't have any help. Rockets have to get past the Mavs & Spurs and teams usually draft and/or make trades to improve their matchups against the teams they'll need to beat.

JMarkJohns
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
JamStone 100% correct.

Van Gundy needs smart players. I'm not sure if Gay even qualifies. I know Swift doesn't.

Battier is so terrible, wasn't he rumored to be invited to the US Olympic squad? If not even one of the invitees who'll compete?

Save for being an athlete, Battier is just about a perfect role player. Definately someone who helps a team in every area.

Supergirl
06-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Get your head out of the damn stats. Battier is much better than Swift. He's pretty much the epitome of a role player. He defends, rebounds, and he's a team leader, but he doesn't demand shots. However, that is where it ends. Giving them Gay is just mind-blowingly retarded.

Actually, I was thinking that the Rockets made out with a steal. Swift turned out to be a disaster, so they're giving him back to a team where he was already a disaster, and Gay is going to be good but probably not for a few years.

Whereas, Battier has been one of the most important players for Memphis, because he's so good defensively, and such a smart, athletic player and good rebounder.

We'll know by this team next year who made out better.

Extra Stout
06-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Actually, I was thinking that the Rockets made out with a steal. Swift turned out to be a disaster, so they're giving him back to a team where he was already a disaster, and Gay is going to be good but probably not for a few years.

Whereas, Battier has been one of the most important players for Memphis, because he's so good defensively, and such a smart, athletic player and good rebounder.

We'll know by this team next year who made out better.
Battier is a solid JVG dirty-work kind of guy. He's a nice piece for Houston, but they need to focus on adding some firepower. Other than T-Mac and Yao, nobody on that roster can create offense.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Whose defensive value is underappreciated? Battier or Swift?
Obviously Battier just by the fact that Swift doesn't have any defensive value to underappreciate.

DirkAB
06-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Obviously Battier just by the fact that Swift doesn't have any defensive value to underappreciate.

That is what I was hoping you meant.

Bob Lanier
06-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Battier is a solid JVG dirty-work kind of guy. He's a nice piece for Houston, but they need to focus on adding some firepower. Other than T-Mac and Yao, nobody on that roster can create offense.
When your two main options are T-Mac and Yao, that's not so much of a problem.

With a star-based offense, they need finishers, not playmakers; Battier gives them reliable shooting from the 2, 3, or 4. They already have semireliable shooting at the 1 with Alston, Head, and Sura.

Bob Lanier
07-01-2006, 01:17 AM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/stuff/cf_gay_battier_newspaper.jpg