PDA

View Full Version : Joel Przybilla to receive a huge free-agent offer from the San Antonio

ducks
06-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Don't expect former Gophers center Joel Przybilla to return to the Portland Trail Blazers, and instead to receive a huge free-agent offer from the San Antonio Spurs.http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/14927377.htm

rayray2k8
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Thats interesting..
But why would they want another Rasho?
Thanks alot Duck..

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
MLE? thats the only thing we got to offer atm, unless they wanna get involve in a sign n trade

MoSpur
06-29-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't like this signing if it goes down.

leemajors
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
smoke and mirrors? haven't heard anything else about this. could just be his agent blathering to raise his signing price.

ducks
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3408
2.3 blocks a game

25 minutes a game 7 rebounds not horrible

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Give him a chance.

K-State Spur
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
looks like it is just some editorialist's random musings, not an actual fact-based thought.

unless we are just in love with bonner, trading rasho makes no sense if we are just going to sign pryzbilla to an equally absurd deal.

i don't think it happens.

zeleni
Thats interesting..
But why would they want another Rasho?
Thanks alot Duck..

No pressure for a fresh Rasho. He doesn't need to fill David Robinsons shoes.

He will be paid less than Rasho was.

He would be good teammate to Javtokas, being two tatoo kind of guys. Both off them will make a tough appearence for the Spurs.

There is no coincedences with the Spurs, I would say.

tlongII
Are you guys under the cap? I will be pissed off if this happens. Przybilla is a very good player.

ducks
guy is making like 1.5 million now so 4 million might be huge for him

TDMVPDPOY
this guy only shows up when playin against good players, other than that his a sleeper like rasho.

leemajors
06-29-2006, 10:00 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3408
2.3 blocks a game

25 minutes a game 7 rebounds not horrible

what were rasho's rebounding numbers in minn?

ducks
06-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Are you guys under the cap? I will be pissed off if this happens. Przybilla is a very good player.

the most spurs can offer is the full mle
unless they do a sign and trade :smokin

ducks
06-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Joel Przybilla #10 | Center | Portland Trail Blazers
Roster:
Height: 7-1 Weight: 255
Born: Oct 10, 1979 - Monticello, Minnesota
College: Minnesota
Draft: 2000 - 1st round (9th pick) by the Houston Rockets

ducks
06-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Injury note on Apr 7, 2006 (Knee - out for season)

MoSpur
06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
I'd be upset if they get this guy. I don't know who is out there that they can get, but for some reason I don't get a good feeling about this guy. It reminds me of the off-season where Pop traveled all the way to Rasho's home to sign him.

sa_butta
06-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I think he is worth the shot at MLE, it may be Rasho but without the contract.

Hardcor
06-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm telling you. This team loves its foreigners.

Nice, the guy grew up two hours from me in southern Minnesota.

He is a lazy, low IQ type of player. The only reason he left college early was because if he didn't leave he would have failed out. I say pass.

SenorSpur
06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

G-Nob
06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Pryzie is a very underrated player. He'll fit in well and provide better rebounding help.
Bring him in!

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 10:27 AM
i rather spurs not sign anyone, but trade the unwanted players for future picks.

G-Nob
06-29-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see a nazr S&T with the bulls for henrich and narcioni

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Interesting... I take it Duncan isn't willing to slide over to the five... at least not yet...

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
i rather spurs not sign anyone, but trade the unwanted players for future picks.

A future pick can't start at PF or Center, at first i didn't like this idea but i guess we could be worse off. If he signs for the MLE that would make him much cheaper then Rasho and probably Nazr and he's probably better then both so all things considered i'd take him as long as we get that long 3 in a trade.

orhe
06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Get Him Pryz Is The Shit

jcrod
06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
From the games we've played against the Blazers he's a good defender. Better than Rasho. Only 27 so younger than Rasho, I hope it's not for the full MLE.

Solid D
06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Przybilla and Javtokas offer similar styles. Javtokas would be cheaper but, of course, unproven in the NBA. There were times last season when Przybilla had some of the best numbers of any center in the west.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't like him. I've watched him with my League Pass a little he has no finishing skills is weak physically and disappears. He should've been getting 40+ minutes a game if he was a really good player on a terrible team like that not 25. So even McMillan who liked him by all accounts took him out of a lot of games.

clubalien
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
IF he costs big money I don;t see how we could sign him since we are over the cap. Ofcourse "huge" money is realtive. if I earned 1 mill a year that woudl be huge money for me!

tlongII
06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
The Blazers will offer him the full MLE so you will not get him. The only teams with a chance to sign him are teams that are under the cap. Anybody that thinks he isn't worth at least the MLE is clueless.

degenerate_gambler
06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
The Blazers will offer him the full MLE so you will not get him.

Good..

Keep him.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2006, 11:33 AM
I had already posted about this in this thread
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44540 before I went to sleep last night.

Anyway, I can't tell if the writer is just guessing or what.

MrChug
06-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I love Joel Pryzbilla...I hoped Rasho would play like him, but he realized he was Rasho. :lol Joel CAN hit a jumper, crash the boards, and above all DUNK! He's a great shot blocker, and position defender.

rascal
06-29-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't like him. I've watched him with my League Pass a little he has no finishing skills is weak physically and disappears. He should've been getting 40+ minutes a game if he was a really good player on a terrible team like that not 25. So even McMillan who liked him by all accounts took him out of a lot of games.
Right. When will the spurs learn, no more big white centers.

furry_spurry
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Watch the Spurs- Trailblazers game from January and then get back to me on how great Pryz is over Rasho.

People really want the Spurs to use their entire MLE on a five year contract for him-- people would be calling to dump his contract next summer. :lol

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
What's the deal with his injury?

picnroll
06-29-2006, 11:52 AM
The Blazers will offer him the full MLE so you will not get him. The only teams with a chance to sign him are teams that are under the cap. Anybody that thinks he isn't worth at least the MLE is clueless.
Portland is in full tankage, rebuild mold. Does Przybilla want to wait around for the children to grow up? Doubt it.

Beer is Good
06-29-2006, 11:53 AM
This deal will never get done. RC learned his lesson from Rassshhhoooo and will not be in this market again. We need someone with at the very least decent offensive skill at the C to keep teams from outright doubling Timmy with the C.

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Spurs don't need offense from the center. That's one reason Javtokas works so well.

What they need is mobility and some aggression. We went small ball not because we wanted to against Dallas, but because our two centers were so ineffectual.

degenerate_gambler
06-29-2006, 11:59 AM
...and above all DUNK! He's a great shot blocker, and position defender.

Obviously this word has lost it's true meaning if people use it to describe Godzilla's skills.

Beer is Good
06-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Spurs don't need offense from the center. That's one reason Javtokas works so well.

What they need is mobility and some aggression. We went small ball not because we wanted to against Dallas, but because our two centers were so ineffectual.

I don't think they need a big time offensive threat from the C, but they do need someone with a decent offensive game to go along with sound position D and rebounding. If Rasho and Nazr could have offered any kind of consistent offensive threat the lane would have been WIDE open for Timmy and any doubles would have had to come from either the 1,2, or 3. That makes getting wide open shots for Bowen, Manu, Finley, Barry, and even Parker more easily obtainable. If a team was not going to double Timmy on first touch then it still makes it harder for the defense to rotate late with the center when Timmy makes his move to the basket. What we had was a soft Rasho who, for some reason, refused to dive to the basket to receive a pass and finish with authority as well as Nazr who couldn't even catch the damn ball. Aggression and Mobility to go along with a decent offensive game that teams have to respect would open up things offensively, as long as Parker doesn't try to become the one man show again.

loveforthegame
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Pryzbilla is a guy I like so I'm happy if they make an offer. Hopefully it's a reasonable one but big men are often overpaid.

furry_spurry
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Spurs never gave any touches to their center position to create that oppoprtunity-- and they still won't-- no matter who it is.

Spurologist
06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Billa would be an upgrade over Sho. I wouldn't mind him coming over for the full MLE. That plus a chance to win a championship is enough to lure him in.

He has always been an underrated center.

Streakyshooter08
06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Mhm... hes is tall an seemd strong. I don't know if he is quick though. A frontline with Pryz/Javtokas might at least be better at the defensive end than Nazr/Rasho (an cheaper) I think we will need sb. who gives Yao a fight so he might be the one SA is looking for. Is he restricted? If not he might be interested in comming here...

Texas_Ranger
06-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Joe would be good for or defense, but I personal don`t want him in San Antonio.

Spurs9
06-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Are the spurs going to get Javtokas still??

beirmeistr
06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Can this man Przybilla run the floor faster than Rasho? than Nazr?

T Park
06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I question the legitimacy of this....

I really don't think the Spurs are looking in this guy's direction right off the bat.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Could he play against Dallas, or would we have to nail him to the bench like Rasho or Nazr?

Streakyshooter08
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
I question the legitimacy of this....

I really don't think the Spurs are looking in this guy's direction right off the bat.

Well, the problem is: is there a better big man available? Who is defending Yao and who plays C if the Spurs don't sign Javtokas? Right now it is only Bonner/ TD/ Horry/ Oberto and that is not that good. Going after him makes sense imo. Add Pryz and Javtokas and you are set at the 4/5.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
i think the spurs are better of with plan b, tank the season to draft greg oden

rascal
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I'd rather the spurs target Dalembert. He is not happy in Phil. Haven't checked yet anyone know if he is a fa? If not they package Muhammed in some way for Dalembert.

ducks
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
yeah dalmbert would be great with him getting 12 million a year

50 cent
06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I have always been impressed with Joel. I wouldn't be upset if the Spurs signed him.

T Park
06-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I'd rather the spurs target Dalembert. He is not happy in Phil. Haven't checked yet anyone know if he is a fa? If not they package Muhammed in some way for Dalembert.

Eddy Curry's skinnier brother? No thanks.

and for 12 million on top of it.

itzsoweezee
06-29-2006, 01:53 PM
do you idiots even watch basketball? this guy is 10 times better than rasho.
he's probably the best shot blocker in the league and he can dunk (unlike rasho)

ducks
06-29-2006, 01:58 PM
his contract runs out in 2011 to right kori?

Kori Ellis
06-29-2006, 02:03 PM
his contract runs out in 2011 to right kori?

Dalembert?

Yes it runs through 2011. He'll be making $8,840,000 this upcoming season and over 12M at the end of the contract.

T Park
06-29-2006, 02:04 PM
do you idiots even watch basketball? this guy is 10 times better than rasho.
he's probably the best shot blocker in the league and he can dunk

Who gives a shit about Rasho, he plays for Toronto.

ducks
06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
yes dalember
rascal's great suggestion

rascal how are you going to get him?

I suspose you would trade manu for him?

ducks
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Przybilla or Mohammed could boost frontcourt

BY MARLEN GARCIA
Published June 29, 2006

Ben Wallace might be the biggest draw in free agency, which begins Saturday, but the Bulls are more likely to sign Joel Przybilla or Nazr Mohammed.

The Pistons' Wallace, 31, is expected to command a huge contract, one that probably will be too expensive for the Bulls, a team source said. In his next deal, Wallace, the reigning NBA Defensive Player of the Year and an unrestricted free agent, could end up averaging nearly double the $7.35 million he made last season.

The Bulls would be satisfied with either Przybilla or Mohammed, both centers capable of anchoring a frontcourt with too many liabilities last season. Like Wallace, Przybilla and Mohammed are unrestricted free agents.

Przybilla and Mohammed are experienced veterans with modest statistics. Mohammed averaged 6.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game last season for the Spurs. Przybilla averaged 6.1 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.32 blocks per game for Portland.

Garnett never a possibility

Early draft day, there were rumors the Bulls were trying to trade for perennial All-Star Kevin Garnett. Not true, general manager John Paxson said.

"I never had that conversation," Paxson said. "I think everyone in the league made a phone call to [Minnesota general manager] Kevin McHale and asked if Kevin Garnett was available. But never had we discussed anything."

Songaila becomes free agent

As expected, Darius Songaila will exercise the player option in his contract and test free agency. Songaila was a top reserve, averaging 9.2 points per game.

The 6-8 forward made $2.2 million last season, which ended March 10 because of a broken right foot. The Bulls still could sign him to a new contract.

Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ack=1&cset=true

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd rather have Michael Finley than Stromile Swift.

tlongII
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Joel is a great addition to any team. He runs the court well, is an excellent shot blocker, and he doesn't need plays run for him on offense. He's terrific on the pick and roll. He sets good screens and then rolls to the hoop for the dunk. I'm happy to hear that the majority of you don't value him very highly. We would be ecstatic to sign him for the MLE and we've cleared out our center position and brought in some nice young talent in the hope that he will recognize we are a great place for him to stay.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 02:53 PM
He's much more athletic than Rasho. The big problem I see with him is he doesn't show alot of discipline on defense to match his ability. If he's coachable, he'll be worth the MLE.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
We should just shoot this down now. We have no money to offer him. The report is from a newspaper in the Midwest with no connection to either team. It's the first anybody has heard of it, and it's a small blurb in the middle of an article filled with blurbs. It's not going to happen. period.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
It probably is just speculation. The only reason it's showing up there is because he's from Minnesota.

If it came down to it though, we probably do have the money.

picnroll
06-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Happily send Nazr in a S&T.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
It probably is just speculation. The only reason it's showing up there is because he's from Minnesota.

If it came down to it though, we probably do have the money.

I didn't know he was from Minnesota so they have some connection, but I think the local beat writers would have heard of this by now. Javtokas has all the athletic ability to be a good center. SA's coaching staff should at least give him a chance and not decide what he is before training camp. Then if he can't cut it trade for a Center. How many players defy expectations every year one way or the other?

td4mvp21
06-29-2006, 03:06 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/joel_przybilla/index.html (http://http://www.nba.com/playerfile/joel_przybilla/index.html)

At first I thought hell no, but isn't this guy what we need? 7 ppg, 7-8rpg sounds good for a center, especially 2.32 bpg. Career high 9 blocks just this last season :wow , and plus he's young.

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 03:06 PM
I didn't know he was from Minnesota so they have some connection, but I think the local beat writers would have heard of this by now. Javtokas has all the athletic ability to be a good center. SA's coaching staff should at least give him a chance and not decide what he is before training camp. Then if he can't cut it trade for a Center. How many players defy expectations every year one way or the other?

you can't wait for the season to start and then go, "oh crap Jak isn't ready, we need a center fast i sure hope there's a team out there willing to give us a starting center for Beno" We will be screwed if it comes to that, so if Javtokas is as good as some think he'll just have to earn his playing time just like everybody else. If he's getting Oberto minutes it's because he's not ready.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
you can't wait for the season to start and then go, "oh crap Jak isn't ready, we need a center fast i sure hope there's a team out there willing to give us a starting center for Beno" We will be screwed if it comes to that, so if Javtokas is as good as some think he'll just have to earn his playing time just like everybody else. If he's getting Oberto minutes it's because he's not ready.

Teams make midseason trades all the time. That's the way the NBA works.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 03:12 PM
OTOH, if you get Joel and Robertas does work out as a center, then you have a juicy trade piece for other team needs.

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Q: Is Przybilla eligible for a sign and trade?

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
This guy seems to get hurt a lot.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Q: Is Przybilla eligible for a sign and trade?Yes, but I think Portland only has early Bird rights -- and he'd probably be BYC if he gets what we think he will.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 03:17 PM
This guy seems to get hurt a lot.

Which guy?

DDS4
06-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Tall ball lives !!one1!

It would behoove the Spurs to get a replacement for a departed Rasho and iffy/non-resign of Nazr.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Pryzbilla is injury prone, his BBIQ is low, his offense sucks (no jumpshot), He is a quite good rebounder and he is a quite good team defender but he is an average man 2 man defender because he leaves a lot his man alone and try to block shoots.
He will as useless as Rasho/Nazr against Dallas, Duncan should be our center next year.

So, No to Pryzbilla.

ducks
06-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Atlanta
Charlotte
Chicago
LA Clippers
New Orleans
Toronoto
are the only teams that can offer more the mle
without doing a sign and trade

T Park
06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
If Atlanta was smart, they would sign Pryzbilla.

he would be perfect for them.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Atlanta
Charlotte
Chicago
LA Clippers
New Orleans
Toronoto
are the only teams that can offer more the mle
without doing a sign and trade

Assuming no team frees up salary.

ducks
06-29-2006, 03:48 PM
if bulls do not want him
sa could really have a shot at him

Bruno
06-29-2006, 03:53 PM
i've read somewhere that he'd like to sign with Wolves.

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
We'd still have to pay Przybilla once Javtokas is secure in the roster and Mahinmi comes over. Essentially, even if he wasn't big-time injury prone, we only need a quick fix in this department.

Streakyshooter08
06-29-2006, 05:06 PM
The reason why I would like this signing is our lack of big men. They still don't have a starter next to Timmy. Javtokas at C is not ENOUGH! Pryz seems to be the only option which is available.

I wonder if the Spurs plan to use Williams to some degree at the 3. If they do the only positions they need to look at are C and PG. So with Pryz, Javotkas and a PG the team would be pretty much set:

Pryz/ Javtokas/ Oberto
TD/ Bonner/ Horry
Bowen/ Williams
Manu/ Finley/ Barry
Parker/ PG/ Beno

looks really solid to me...

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
It's solid if Prz is solid, i.e. injury free. The guy misses so many games, it's ridiculous.

ducks
06-29-2006, 05:13 PM
he misses less then speedy

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 05:14 PM
i've read somewhere that he'd like to sign with Wolves.Maybe, but don't they have Blount under contract for the next twenty years?

FreshPrince22
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
If Ben Wallace walks without getting a center in return, he'll be a focus of the Pistons as well. He's pretty underrated. Those injuries worry me though.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Maybe, but don't they have Blount under contract for the next twenty years?

Yes but he sucks. They can spend the full MLE on him and try to do some trades to fill their backcourt with some trades including Eddie Griffin.

A big men rotation like that is quite good :
PF : Garnett / Madsen
C : Pryzbilla / Blount

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes but he sucks. They can spend the full MLE on him and try to do some trades to fill their backcourt with some trades including Eddie Griffin.

A big men rotation like that is quite good :
PF : Garnett / Madsen
C : Pryzbilla / Blount

any rotation that includes madsen is bad

Cant_Be_Faded
06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
He's no STEPANIA or ETAN THOMAS but he sure will be a good rasho...

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
That's possible, but I think their priority has to be another scorer with McCants out.

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Pryzbilla is injury prone, his BBIQ is low, his offense sucks (no jumpshot), He is a quite good rebounder and he is a quite good team defender but he is an average man 2 man defender because he leaves a lot his man alone and try to block shoots.
He will as useless as Rasho/Nazr against Dallas, Duncan should be our center next year.

So, No to Pryzbilla.

Ok so, what's your idea then? The NBA big man market isn't very good and Joel is a top 10 center in the NBA. Bringing in all these euro-ball players and expecting them to make a quick impact is ridiculous.

Mohammed kind of sucked this year, but fans are quick to forget how crucial he was in their 05 championship run.

Joel should come here, he is the Spurs best option at center, he just needs to be a roleplayer alongside Duncan. So, he'd get less than 10 points a game, but he'd get productive points and hopefully get offensive rebounds.

:lol at people who don't want a good 7 footer on the Spurs.

After him they just need to sign Speedy and get JR Smith somehow, and I think they have done a great off-season. Maybe pick up a decent big man vet to go on the bench (like Massenburg)

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 05:37 PM
After him they just need to sign speedy and get JR Smith, and I think they have done a great off-season. Maybe pick up a decent big man vet to go on the bench (like Massenburg)

How are they going to get both Przybilla and Claxton with the same money?

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 05:37 PM
How are they going to get both Przybilla and Claxton with the same money?

S&Ts?

I'm thinking they should try a sign and trade with Mohammed.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 05:38 PM
That's possible, but I think their priority has to be another scorer with McCants out.

They aren't a lot of scorer available with the MLE. I think they will fill that need with a trade.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
any rotation that includes madsen is bad

KG play 38-40 mpg. Madsen for 8-10 mpg isn't that bad.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 05:42 PM
We'll see. If they try to keep Banks that's going to eat up most of their room under the tax threshold.

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
*sigh* is july 1st here yet? i can't wait for the offseason to get started

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
S&Ts?

I'm thinking they should try a sign and trade with Mohammed.

I don't think either team wants Mohammed. Any chance of it happening, Barry goes to NO in a S&T for Claxton and Przybilla gets signed for the MLE.

Bruno
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok so, what's your idea then?
I've given tons of names in another trade. The main idea is to get a starting PF (via trade or FA) and not to get a C

The NBA big man market isn't very good and Joel is a top 10 center in the NBA.
And Duncan is the best center in the nba.

Bringing in all these euro-ball players and expecting them to make a quick impact is ridiculous.

Did I say that ?

Joel should come here, he is the Spurs best option at center, he just needs to be a roleplayer alongside Duncan.

Spurs best option at center is Duncan.

:lol at people who don't want a good 7 footer on the Spurs.

:lol at people who want to pay $30M for an useless player against our 2 biggest rivals next year (Dallas and Phoenix).

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok so, what's your idea then? The NBA big man market isn't very good and Joel is a top 10 center in the NBA.

Pryzbilla sucks. Man if Pryzbilla is a top 10 center why can't he get more than 25 minutes a game on the worst team in the league?

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 05:46 PM
KG play 38-40 mpg. Madsen for 8-10 mpg isn't that bad.

Madsen doesn't belong in euroleague much less the nba, he's terrible. I can see the Twolves trading hudson or Jaric but they probably keep griffin he at least blocks shots and grabs a couple boards. Madsen does nothing but foul people.

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
The NBA center market is bad, guys. Face it, you guys bring up things like injuries, and times of laziness... but that seems to happen to everybody in the league who is a big man. Magloire, Shaq, Okafor... etc.

I want the Spurs to get somewhere this year. A ring, so, I want them to get the best center option. Who else is better out there? I can't really name off anybody who is there for the picking, right?

Who knows more about players, Spurs management, or us?

And Quad, I assume it's because they were on a rotation between Ratliff and Pryzbilla.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 05:51 PM
^^That's a pretty weak answer. Coaches hate taking their valuable players off the floor. They keep them in games. So weak.

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Pryzbilla sucks. Man if Pryzbilla is a top 10 center why can't he get more than 25 minutes a game on the worst team in the league?

Shaq played 30 minutes a game last season is he not top 10? Most teams don't play thier centers more then 25 to 30 minutes a game. Teams go small when the sub for the center, it's the trend in the nba.

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
^^That's a pretty weak answer. Coaches hate taking their valuable players off the floor. They keep them in games. So weak.

How is it weak whenever two acceptable centers are on your team?

Ratliff is the better energy player, and isn't there a Blazer fan here? he is praising him. He's seen more Blazers games than all of us. So trust his response.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
^^That's a pretty weak answer. Coaches hate taking their valuable players off the floor. They keep them in games. So weak.Well, he played more than any other center, so....

Bruno
06-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I want them to get the best center option. Who else is better out there? I can't really name off anybody who is there for the picking, right?

Tim Duncan, plain and simple.

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Tim Duncan, plain and simple.

You can't expect Duncan to play PF his whole career then suddenly make a switch to full-time Center and expect it to work greatly...

Okay, say he is center, who is power forward?

Joel is simply the best option available realistically.

timvp
Why would the Spurs sign a guy who would play zero minutes against Dallas and Phoenix? I wouldn't mind partial MLE but JP is getting at least the full MLE.

ChumpDumper
Expect to see Duncan foul out next season.

Alot.

timvp
06-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Expect to see Duncan foul out next season.

Alot.

Yeah, if Finley is still a power forward. Duncan at center works as long as a real power forward is next to him.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, he played more than any other center, so....

...even weaker. That means he was slightly better than the "Rattler" and whoever the hell else they had there. 25 mpg seriously. He barely cracked the rotation on the worst team in the league. I'll pass.

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Karl Malone comes out of retirement! (You heard it here first.)

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:01 PM
...even weaker. That means he was slightly better than the "Rattler" and whoever the hell else they had there. 25 mpg seriously. He barely cracked the rotation on the worst team in the league. I'll pass.52 starts = barely cracking the rotation?

That's the weakest take ever.

Give up.

Bruno
You can't expect Duncan to play PF his whole career

:lol Duncan has played center a lot in his carreer

Okay, say he is center, who is power forward?

Some names :
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Jeff Foster
Al Harrington
Melvin Ely
Eddie Griffin
Brian Skinner
Troy Murphy
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

AMOS7
...even weaker. That means he was slightly better than the "Rattler" and whoever the hell else they had there. 25 mpg seriously. He barely cracked the rotation on the worst team in the league. I'll pass.

Okay first round exit it is

EDIT

How do you expect the Spurs to get ANY of these?

Some names :
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Al Harrington
Eddie Griffin
Brian Skinner
Troy Murphy
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

Mr. Body
06-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Just out of curiosity - I haven't heard Al Harrington's name anywhere - not on Realgm boards. What's the deal now with him?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow, like three of those guys were free agents.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 06:03 PM
52 starts = barely cracking the rotation?

That's the weakest take ever.

Give up.

Oh man. I feel bad you; you about to get dominated. That dude had more fouls than points his first four years in the league!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! Case Closed!! Look it up!!!

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 06:03 PM
By the way the Knicks are worse than the Blazers.

ducks
06-29-2006, 06:04 PM
lb is worse then the blazers you mean

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 06:05 PM
By the way the Knicks are worse than the Blazers.

23-59 is worse than 21-61?

ChumpDumper
Dominated?

I don't really care if we sign the guy. It's merely a possibility. Team still needs a center and I would take Joel for the right price. That wouldn't be the full MLE.

Bruno
How do you expect the Spurs to get ANY of these?

Because all of them have a low trade value or are FA.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Dominated?

I don't really care if we sign the guy. It's merely a possibility. Team still needs a center and I would take Joel for the right price. That wouldn't be the full MLE.

Sorry. I just got worked up. I don't really care that much either.

AMOS7
06-29-2006, 06:09 PM
23-59 is worse than 21-61?

Yeah, it is. Look at the level of talent on the Knicks team in comparison to the level of talent on the Blazers.

Knicks should have been a playoff team if leveled by talent.

Please stop acting like you know what you're talking about, the smugness from you is irritating.

texbumTHElife
06-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Why do people want to continue to play the same style Dallas plays against them. We need someone who can play some offense at the C position so that Dallas actually has to worry about guarding them and cant put a SF or swing man on them. I personally do not want to see the games dictated to us again this year but rather to dictate them to Dallas. Sorta like Miami did.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah!

Get Shaq!

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:23 PM
:lmao

WOAI spreading Big Ben buzz.

texbumTHElife
06-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah!

Get Shaq!

It doesnt need to be Shaq, believe it or not. Just someone who is actually a threat on the offensive end and someone agile and athletic enough to grab rebounds over SF's and G's.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
It doesnt need to be Shaq, believe it or not. Just someone who is actually a threat on the offensive end and someone agile and athletic enough to grab rebounds over SF's and G's.Who then?

Knoxville Spur
06-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Prizzy reminds me a lot of Rasho with less offense and better rebounding and shot blocking. That is really all the Spurs need at C. It will be interesting to see what kind of market value he has. At $4-5 mill he is a bargain compared to Rasho. How much is the MLE anyway?

texbumTHElife
06-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Who then?

I havent really kept up with who are FA's that we could actually get with the MLE but I think Pryz could be a good fit.

I am just tired of hearing people say they want us to play Dallas's style and beat them at it. We flat do not have the players to beat them at their style. We need to be the ones to dictate the game to them. I dont think you have to have Shaq to do that and I dont think its all personel. I think part of it has to do with Pop just getting someone he trusts at the 5 so he sticks to his guns and doesnt allow AJ to completely out coach him again.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Well all we really needed to match up with what Dallas was running was not Shaq, but a guy like Posey or Haslem.

I'd still want to get a center because Yao is going to be here for awhile.

texbumTHElife
06-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Well all we really needed to match up with what Dallas was running was not Shaq, but a guy like Posey or Haslem.

I'd still want to get a center because Yao is going to be here for awhile.

Well a long 3 is our obvious biggest need if not for depth IMO so I agree. There are about as many of them out there we can get as their are centers though.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Actually I think there are more centers.

T Park
06-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Rasual Butler or Jared Jeffries would fix it.

Just need to give Rasual just a bit of the MLE.

Maybe beg SPeedy and Rasual to split it.

Maybe S&T Beno Barry for Rasual and Speedy.

exstatic
06-29-2006, 06:59 PM
i think the spurs are better of with plan b, tank the season to draft greg oden
You can't tank with three fucking All Stars, Einstein. The dumbfucks in this forum still amaze me sometimes...

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
You can't tank with three fucking All Stars, Einstein. The dumbfucks in this forum still amaze me sometimes...

I think he was joking...at least I hope.

ducks
06-29-2006, 07:01 PM

those three would have to get hurt for spurs to win the lottery people

weidaandduncan
06-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Przybilla "thathrilla" is a really good player! i did the trade in nba live 06 for him a few days ago taking into consideration his gd rebounding skills and incredible shot blocking stats. DINT RECKON HE WOULD REALLY COME!!!!!!! HIS STATS IN BLOCK IS MUCH HIGHER DEN RASHO IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING!

weidaandduncan
06-29-2006, 08:29 PM
lets have some clips.. [link removed]

Kori Ellis
06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry we aren't allowed to post copyrighted NBA video here.

Solid D
06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Prizzy reminds me a lot of Rasho with less offense and better rebounding and shot blocking. That is really all the Spurs need at C. It will be interesting to see what kind of market value he has. At $4-5 mill he is a bargain compared to Rasho. How much is the MLE anyway?

I disagree.
Rasho = Finesse
Przybilla = Power

Joel is almost the exact opposite of Rasho. He'll goaltend just so that someone won't appear to get over on him. He's very aggressive. Pryzbilla will try to dunk in every situation. Rasho just does what's expedient and efficient.

Javtokas is similar to Joel.

timvp
06-29-2006, 09:33 PM
I like Joel Przybilla. My issue with him is I don't think Pop would play him against Dallas or Phoenix. If I believe he would play him, I'd be all over JP.

Other than Big Ben, Przybilla is the best center prospect on the market.

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Old article but some good insight on Joel

March 29, 2006

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla said he might not re-sign with the team next year because some of his teammates have given up on the season.

"The tough part for me is to see guys who don't want to come to practice, who don't want to play in games, that's my biggest thing," Przybilla told The Oregonian newspaper. "Personally, I have no problem playing because I want to play, no matter what. But to see other guys -- I don't know if it's giving up or what -- but we have to finish the season strong. It's our job, we have to be professional, and I don't know if everyone is doing that."

The Trail Blazers (20-50) entered Wednesday's game against Sacramento on an eight-game losing streak, and they have dropped 22 of 25.

Przybilla, who ranks seventh in the NBA in blocks per game, becomes a free agent July 1.

“ I can take losing if guys are going out and playing hard and giving it their all in practice, but guys aren't doing that. ”
— Joel Przybilla

"I'm not the type to complain or point fingers, but it's getting old," he said. "I can take losing if guys are going out and playing hard and giving it their all in practice, but guys aren't doing that."

Przybilla said he still likes playing for coach Nate McMillan, and McMillan said he understands the 7-foot-1 center's frustration.

"The other night, I could see he was bothered in the game by the play of some of the guys, and he bit his tongue," McMillan told the newspaper, referring to Sunday's blowout loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

"And I told him 'Don't you bite your tongue, you say it.' You only got a few more games anyway, you say it. I don't give a (rip) if you (tick) someone off, you say it and get it off your chest. Because you are going to have to make a (free agent) decision, and if you don't say it now, you won't say it later," McMillan said. "Say it. I don't care who it is, you say it."

Przybilla did not name specific players that he felt weren't playing hard.

espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2389463)

picnroll
06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
There's no big that will work for the Spurs against Dirk unless that big is long and athletic or a strong offensive player that can put pressure on Dirk's D or preferably both.

Slinkyman
06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
I like Joel Przybilla. My issue with him is I don't think Pop would play him against Dallas or Phoenix. If I believe he would play him, I'd be all over JP.

Other than Big Ben, Przybilla is the best center prospect on the market.

ya know i wonder why pop didn't sub rasho or nazr for Tim during that series, they wouldn't have had to guard dirk in that situation but rather Diop or Dampier. I believe Pop flat out lost faith in those 2 and refused to play them, maybe with joel he would give him a chance.

SPARKY
06-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Please God no.

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
^What he said.^

mattyc
06-29-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm not keen.

IcemanCometh
06-30-2006, 12:08 AM
he sucks

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:28 AM
he is coming
he should know spurs work hard during offseason
look what tp and bowen do doing the summer
work on basketball
ben is a pipedream

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 12:30 AM
ducks why are you jonesing for this guy?

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, what the hell is so special about this guy?
and what makes you so damn sure hes coming to san antonio?
'fess up duck.

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:34 AM
he can block shots 9 in one game this last year
can rebound
2.7 blocks a game
7 rebounds in 25 minutes a game

dude is young if he comes he will have a decent contract that will be tradable anytime the spurs want to trade him
you put him to duncan his numbers should go up
his teamates do not even want to practice hard but he still does
seems to me he has spurs written all over him
thong who is a blazer fan is also saying he will be ticked if spurs get him
thong has seen him more then anyone of us I believe

Mr. Body
06-30-2006, 12:36 AM
what do you say about his injury problems? anything to be concerned about?

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:36 AM
"The tough part for me is to see guys who don't want to come to practice, who don't want to play in games, that's my biggest thing," Przybilla told The Oregonian newspaper. "Personally, I have no problem playing because I want to play, no matter what. But to see other guys -- I don't know if it's giving up or what -- but we have to finish the season strong. It's our job, we have to be professional, and I don't know if everyone is doing that."

Mr. Body
06-30-2006, 12:38 AM
When was that quote from? He was hurt from April on last season, wasn't he?

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:40 AM
what do you say about his injury problems? anything to be concerned about?

52 games is a concern
check out that knee before you sign him

manu missed plenty of games last year also and has nagging injuries

to me he is the best option tell ian can play and he will be cheap and spurs will keep him and ian at the same time :smokin

ian is going to be your answer for dirk there is not answer for him now

dirk went off and dallas still barely beat the spurs and they went small ball against him
if jav is signed he will get some minutes so horry will not get so many against mavs and not foul out hopefully either

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:40 AM
page 6 in this thread
from espn article

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 12:41 AM
That doesn't convince me why we should pay him $40 mil while we are still celebrating the departure of a similiar center and his $40 mil contract.

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:42 AM
he can block shots 9 in one game this last year
can rebound
2.7 blocks a game
7 rebounds in 25 minutes a game

dude is young if he comes he will have a decent contract that will be tradable anytime the spurs want to trade him
you put him to duncan his numbers should go up
his teamates do not even want to practice hard but he still does
seems to me he has spurs written all over him

The guy is a BLAZER fan!!
of course he's gonna be upset. :rolleyes

Like some of the people here in spurs talk.
Some believe that letting go of Rasho was a mistake!!
Truth is, Rasho was just dead weight.
He was overpaid considering what he did for the spurs, during the playoffs.
Which was jack shit.
All his ass did was sit on the bench and you would see him and Nazr handing towels to Tim Duncan.

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:43 AM
the only way I would pass on him is if you could rent pj brown for a year
you would have to trade for him
or you get ben wallace which is a pipedream

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:45 AM
That doesn't convince me why we should pay him $40 mil while we are still celebrating the departure of a similiar center and his $40 mil contract.

if you sign him for the mle for 5 or 6 years it will be less then 40 million

hawks might be stupid and offer more
bulls want kg not him
bobcats have their bigs
toronto just got rasho doubt they want him
new orleans might have to worry about especially since pj brown has one year left (but pj makes 8 million this year)

what team is going to offer him big money?

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:47 AM
if you sign him for the mle for 5 or 6 years it will be less then 40 million

hawks might be stupid and offer more
bulls want kg not him
bobcats have their bigs

what team is going to offer him big money?
apparently the spurs. :lol

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:49 AM
I doubt he is going to want to go to hawks because he wants guys to practice hard even if they lose and he might not be convinced they do

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:50 AM
apparently the spurs. :lol

the writer did say big money from the spurs
however 1.5 to 5.5 is big money differnence :elephant :elephant

if he wants alot more make a player option and let him opt out in 2008 when spurs have money :smokin

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:52 AM
pop gave rasho a shot for 2-3 years

pop will play him and give him a shot

I think most are concern pop will not play him He WILL

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Well I guess its gonna happen.
If the Duck says hes coming, then he is.
Brace yourself people... Its the second coming of Raaaashooooo. :rolleyes

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 12:53 AM
The argument for Przybilla is that you still need a traditional center in today's NBA. The Spurs did win 63 games last season with some kind of traditional center starting. Obviously, the Spurs need to address their ability to find a better 4 for playing against lineups with perimeter-oriented bigs. Still, if the Spurs want to pay the price to land Pryzbilla and make no mistake it will be substantial, I'd rather see them make a run at Troy Murphy.

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:53 AM
are you worried about him coming to sa MAV FAN

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
The argument for Przybilla is that you still need a traditional center in today's NBA. The Spurs did win 63 games last season with some kind of traditional center starting. Obviously, the Spurs need to address their ability to find a better 4 for playing against lineups with perimeter-oriented bigs. Still, if the Spurs want to pay the price to land Pryzbilla and make no mistake it will be substantial, I'd rather see them make a run at Troy Murphy.

who are you going to give up for him?

I want to keep most of the players we have

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:55 AM
are you worried about him coming to sa MAV FAN
:lmao @ the duck
Im a spurs fan you quack!! :lol
And even if I was a mav fan, id be laughing about this guy playing with the spurs.

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 12:55 AM
who are you going to give up for him?

I want to keep most of the players we have

Anyone outside of the Big 3 should be expendable for him.

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Joel Przybilla,jav and you trade for jeffries and get jr smith
what an offseason

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 12:57 AM
There..
Now im a knicks fan. :D

ducks
06-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Anyone outside of the Big 3 should be expendable for him.

Murphy is a nice option but I think he makes to much
does not murphy make 8 million ?
I like him but I think Joel can be gotten for cheaper and spurs can still win a title next year and then IAN will be here :smokin

Mr. Body
06-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Troy Murphy is far less obtainable than Przybilla is, at this point.

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Ahhhh.
Murphy... Now theres a real player.
But to cut the bullshit, I think the spurs really need a backup PG, more than anything.
Being short of bigs isnt a problem if the spurs plan on playing small ball. :rolleyes.

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Joel Przybilla,jav and you trade for jeffries and get jr smith
what an offseason

How are those acquisitions to be made?

SPARKY
06-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Murphy is a nice option but I think he makes to much
does not murphy make 8 million ?
I like him but I think Joel can be gotten for cheaper and spurs can still win a title next year and then IAN will be here :smokin

How much is Pryzbilla going to command? The vet min? Come on.

ducks
06-30-2006, 01:02 AM
jav the lle
trade for jeffries (trade williams for him and rights to scola)
barry for jr smith(spur fan will be happy) I would rather trade beno for jr smith
and let barry play backup point
joel the full mle

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
jave the lle
trade for jeffries (trade williams for him and rights to scola)
barry for jr smith(spur fan will be happy) I would rather trade beno for jr smith
and let barry play backup point
joel the full mle
Dude they cant trade Eric william till December.
And what makes you think they'll take him?
Brent isnt a PG duck. Plus if they trade to get JR Smith, im sure
barry will be in the deal.
So again, this doesnt work.
Im pretty sure by the time November gets here, the spurs will have players
we didnt think would be on the roster.

But I love seeing people in here play virtual GM. :spin

ducks
06-30-2006, 01:08 AM
dude read the rules

it says 60 days (2 months) if the player is traded in a package

aug 21

they can trade williams right now as long as it is not a package

ChumpDumper
06-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Dude they cant trade Eric william till December.August.

ducks
06-30-2006, 01:10 AM
barry played point with sonics
he could play BACKUP POINT

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 01:18 AM
The Spurs just got rid of a big white stiff, besides Pryzbilla had one good contract year. No way.

Mr. Body
06-30-2006, 01:29 AM
It's not quite fair to say he's only had one good year. The last two years, the ones in Portland, seem to indicate he's coming into his own as a player.

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 01:45 AM
It's not quite fair to say he's only had one good year. The last two years, the ones in Portland, seem to indicate he's coming into his own as a player.

Maybe, but he's still a gamble, and the Spurs need to know that Joe would put them close to the top - which, I'm not so sure in the small-ball NBA.

Sense
06-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Przybilla>>> Rasho...

So we'd improve...

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
stay puff marshmellow man > Rasho

but it still wouldn't put you closer to the top.

Sense
06-30-2006, 01:54 AM
stay puff marshmellow man > Rasho

but it still wouldn't put you closer to the top.

Weren't we always at the top?

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 01:56 AM
Close, but Dallas spot-lighted the Spurs weakness. Lack of athleticism outside of Tony and Gino, and fresh, young legs.

Leetonidas
06-30-2006, 02:13 AM
I believe Jeffries is a free agent, ducks.

The only two players outside of the big three that are almost untouchable would be Finley and Bowen. Bowen especially.

Sense
06-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Close, but Dallas spot-lighted the Spurs weakness. Lack of athleticism outside of Tony and Gino, and fresh, young legs.

True... but you know we shoulda won that..... and I don't want to bring any excuses up... but just to show you that we came back from that 3-1... just simple stupid mistakes that I'm sure we won't do again.

Add better players and bam.

Beer is Good
06-30-2006, 02:28 AM
We need to just realize the fact that there just are not any centers available that will be any kind of real upgrade over Nazr. Just a lot of centers who would be more expensive. I say try to sign Nazr to the lowest possible contact that he'll accept, bring Javtokas over and see what comes available during the season. You don't want to put all of your eggs in this unstable basket that is Joel P. Besides, with a spark plug like Javtokas alongside him instead of the walking stiff that is Rasho - Nazr just might get a little fire going.

timvp
06-30-2006, 02:30 AM

Classic.

Leetonidas
06-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Thong? :lol

AMOS7
06-30-2006, 02:39 AM
I doubt we get Jeffries.

Trading for JR Smith, getting Joel, and Speedy, are top priorities this off-season. If at all possible.

Eric Williams > Jeffries... at this point in time.

Beer is Good
06-30-2006, 02:39 AM
:lol :lol Thong :lol :lol

Doug Collins
06-30-2006, 03:17 AM
I doubt we get Jeffries.

Trading for JR Smith, getting Joel, and Speedy, are top priorities this off-season. If at all possible.

Eric Williams > Jeffries... at this point in time.

You´ve got to be kidding. Williams is gonna be 34 and got all of 12.6 minutes per game last year in 28 games. Dude isnt worth shit. Jared is only 24 and is beginning to develop into a very versitile player who could guard 3 positions, since he is 6ft 11. I dont think we get Jared but to say Williams is better than him at this point is ridiculous. Williams hasnt played meaningful minutes in 2 years. Jared was starting for an up and coming team and played very well in the playoffs this year, while having to guard Lebron.

SA Gunslinger
06-30-2006, 03:32 AM
If the Spurs sign Pryzbilla, I would be cool with it. It doesn't solve the Nowitzki problem. But he and Javotkas would be a great tag team at the five. We would matchup great with Houston.

Maybe TD will put the onus on himself to guard Dirk. I guess I just don't like the idea of TD playing the perimeter and possibly drawing fouls for ticky tac crap. The Spurs will probably have to go through Dallas in the playoffs the next couple of seasons.

Imo, you have to find someone that can guard Dirk and take care of the defensive glass. Preferably, he will also be big enough to give Amare some problems. I don't expect Amare to be the 2005 Amare. But I have a feeling he's going to go for broke when 06-07 starts. Amare will make Phoenix tough.

If it has to be a two year plan, I am willing to wait. Though, I sure hope the FO addresses all the critical matchup problems this summer.

Nbadan
06-30-2006, 03:40 AM
I still think the Spurs could move Barry to NO for a resigned Claxton (~3 million) and JRSmith (~1.04)+Filler, but NO also has a lot of cap space to attract a player like Przybilla, and both Marc Jackson and PJ Brown are on last years of contracts, and they did draft big.

rascal
06-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Couldn't the spurs do a sign and trade of Muhammed and cap filler for Dalembert? How does trading a sign a trade player work? I tried some trade scenarios using realgm to get Dalembert but I wanted to add Nazr but it doesn't allow it. Anyways adding Nazr with another player could get Dalembert.

Dalembert is better than Joel Pryzbilla. A better offensive game and a bigger interior presence. A better fit to what Robinson gave the spurs.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2006, 01:45 PM
I'd rather have Steven Hunter -- he beat Dalembert out after all -- and at 1/4 the cost.

Mark in Austin
06-30-2006, 02:08 PM
In two years, Dalembert's contract will look worse than Tariq Abdul-wahad's. No way the Spurs dump Rasho only to pick up a guy with a bigger contract and less interest in improving himself as an NBA player.

T Park
06-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Dalembert sucks total ass.

Like chump said, Hunter beat the mfer out for the starting spot and makes way less.

Obstructed_View
06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Dalembert's contract already looks like a mistake of Chrisdudlian proportions.

ducks
07-01-2006, 12:56 PM
same agent as rasho
HUMMM...

clubalien
07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
agents cannot promise players will sign that would be againts NBA rules.
also other teams can pay him more. so unless actual perfers san antonio i cannot see how we can get him.

But that is who i would target over all the other options like nazr,pj brown, wilox

I said it before but if bulls can pay atleats 6 mill
we can only pay MLE 5.5
plus we already gave javtokas a contract for three years that cannot be a LLE since it is only 2 years
so we don't even have the full MLE

Taking it to the Hole
07-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, the resemblance to Rasho is freaking me out right now. I say we should steer clear of Pryzbilla. Way clear..

Mr. Body
07-01-2006, 02:01 PM
It's what's in his head that's different, TittH. By accounts Przybilla is a much more aggressive player.

clubalien
07-01-2006, 02:11 PM
don't playa hate because the homeboy be white, yo!

Taking it to the Hole
07-01-2006, 02:15 PM
It's what's in his head that's different, TittH. By accounts Przybilla is a much more aggressive player.

It's just that he doesn't strike me as too athletic. That worries me alot. I know he is a shot blocker, but all the times I saw him play against the Spurs, he looked flat-footed, has poor lateral movement like Rasho, and just generally didn't show that much to me. I mean for the talent he has, I don't think spending our full MLE is worth it, that's even if we have a full MLE to work with, which we may not. It just sounds too risky for us to sign him to a long-term contract right now, when we are trying to maintain our cap flexibility for future years.

SenorSpur
07-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I doubt we get Jeffries.

Those moves, along with the dumping of Rasho's salary and getting Bonner and Williams in return, would make for an outstanding offseaon

ducks
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Pritchard was from the spurs org
I think a sign and trade could happen here if joel says he is leaving

ducks
07-01-2006, 07:11 PM
same agent as rasho
this has a sign and trade written all over it
also saves the mle for someone else

furry_spurry
07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Having the same agent as Rasho is not a good thing after the way things ended for Rasho in SA-- after he gave up $10M to come here.

ducks
07-01-2006, 07:15 PM
from the articles it seems rasho is happy
he wanted to play and got what he wanted

furry_spurry
07-01-2006, 07:21 PM
from the articles it seems rasho is happy
he wanted to play and got what he wanted

But not in SA...

I'm not talking about the trade-- I'm talking about what happened in SA. You seem to be implying that Rasho's agent would be eager to help another client come to SA-- when his previous client here (Rasho) is excited to be traded away. It's not like Bill Duffy has a good relationship with the Spurs anyway-- he got them to sign Anthony Carter. :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
07-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd like to see a nazr S&T with the bulls for henrich and narcioni

:lol such a hom :lol er call.

Beaverfuzz
07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Joel's not coming to San Antonio, he wants a fatter contract, which is more than the Spurs can pay him.

ducks
07-01-2006, 10:16 PM
heard bulls really want him
but want ben more
if they sign ben
HE IS THE SPURS

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 09:06 AM
heard bulls really want him
but want ben more
if they sign ben
HE IS THE SPURS

There's only how many teams with major caproom on the hunt for a center this summer?

duncan2k5
07-02-2006, 09:21 AM
some of you are stuck thinking joel is like rasho...and being white doesnt help his case. he is nothing like rasho. only tht he is tall and plays defense. thats it. he rebounds better, and he actually crams in ppls faces. why do you think ppl in portland love him. and if they love him...imagine us