PDA

View Full Version : justin williams to the kings

RON ARTEST
06-29-2006, 11:39 PM
he averaged 5.4 blocks :wow :wow and hes a great rebounder. what do you guys think? http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2504833

JamStone
06-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I expected him to get drafted in the second round. I think he was measured under 6-9 at the combines, but not sure. And, he's only about 220. So, that may be a reason why he went undrafted, since he's basically a center in a small forward's body. But, a guy with that kind of talent for shot-blocking will always get consideration around the league. Good pick-up by the Kings as Brad Miller, Shareef, and Kenny aren't exactly great shot-blockers. Now, can Williams make the team? And, if he does, can he crack the rotation? Should be interesting to see if he can.

atxrocker
06-30-2006, 03:12 PM
i like this move alot. if he excels in the summerleague and adds 15-20 pounds it could pay dividends. i like that coach musselman was proactive in calling the guy so early. i hope he does well and makes the cut.

ducks
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
CASPER, Wyo. -- Although former University of Wyoming standout Justin Williams wasn't picked in Wednesday's NBA draft, his agent says he will get a chance to play professional ball with the Sacramento Kings.

Darren White, Williams' agent, told the Casper Star-Tribune on Thursday that Williams will play in the NBA's Toshiba Vegas Summer League with the Kings.

Kings coach Eric Musselman talked with White and Williams near the end of Wednesday's draft. Musselman said that Williams' defense could be valuable to the Sacramento team.

"We talked with coach Musselman, and he spoke very highly of (Williams)," White said.

Teams commonly send rookies to the Summer League to gain experience and prove they deserve a place on the team. Williams is scheduled to play his first Summer League game July 6 with the Kings in Las Vegas.

------

Information from: Star-Tribune, http://www.casperstartribune.net

ducks
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
it sucked he played for no name basketball school

atxrocker
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
it sucked he played for no name basketball school

i agree. he would certainly help defensively with his blocks and hustle. not looking for him to do anything offensively since our lineup should have enough of that. if he does what he does it he could be a decent 15 minute guy.

JamStone
06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
He went to the same school as Theo Ratliff. I wonder if it was for the same coaches.

Bob Lanier
06-30-2006, 08:44 PM
...and Fennis Dembo.

It's not the same coaching staff. I don't know who coached Wyoming in the early '90s, but Steve McClain has only been there since '98.