PDA

View Full Version : Digital Phone Service

jcrod
06-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Does anyone have it? If so with who and how's the service?

sa_butta
06-30-2006, 12:22 PM
I use to have it with Time Warner and it was ok. If you get it with your cable, when the cable goes out the phone goes out. I had some problems in the begining but all in all it was good. I would use it again. I just use my cell phone now to eliminate the extra bill.

CrazyOne
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I've had the Road Runner phone for several months now, and I have few complaints.

Two caveats, however. One, remember that the phone service goes through a modem, so if the power goes out, no phone service. (and the same goes if the cable signal dies)
Second, if you use one of those special codes for your long distance (if you call overseas) those won't work. But since all national calls are free, that shouldn't be a problem unless you regularly make overseas calls.

Beyond that, it's been good for me.

SpursWoman
06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I have it ... I have no complaints.

Quadzilla99
06-30-2006, 12:40 PM
What do you have to do to get it installed? I don't want to pay anybody to come hook it up. Do you have to buy extra equipment?

SpursWoman
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
What do you have to do to get it installed? I don't want to pay anybody to come hook it up. Do you have to buy extra equipment?

You don't have to buy anything, it works with your regular phone. If you already have Road Runner, they'll either use that modem or swap it out with the updated one.

Just give them a call .... and they'll arrange with SBC to disconnect that service (you don't even have to do that part) and transfer over your phone number to TWC if you want to keep it the same. All you really need to do is make an appointment. :)

Quadzilla99
06-30-2006, 12:48 PM
You don't have to buy anything, it works with your regular phone. If you already have Road Runner, they'll either use that modem or swap it out with the updated one.

Just give them a call .... and they'll arrange with SBC to disconnect that service (you don't even have to do that part) and transfer over your phone number to TWC if you want to keep it the same. All you really need to do is make an appointment. :)

Thanks I am actually going to do that. Actually right now I'll do it.

sa_butta
06-30-2006, 12:52 PM
I think they even have specials for like $69 for the first 6 months cable and digital phone. You may ask what specials they have.

leemajors
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
i have digi cable, roadrunner and digi phone for $120 a month., it ends up being close to $150 after taxes and fees, but the service is way better than what i had with vonage.

Zombie
06-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Time Warner? :lol :lol :lol
There is an alternative! :rolleyes

leemajors
06-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Time Warner? :lol :lol :lol
There is an alternative! :rolleyes

not for combo service.

boutons_
06-30-2006, 11:29 PM
I've got digital TV, phone, and Internet from GrandeCom in NE San Antonio. The phone is not VOIP through the cable modem (the way Skype is), but a separate phone line from my house to Grandecom service point on the utility pole.

In fact, GrandeCom tells me there is no IP network (routers, etc) at all between my cable modem and their IP network in San Marcos.

Zombie
06-30-2006, 11:31 PM
not for combo service.
At&T?
Grande?

I'm Just spoiled with 100% digital TV! :lol

jcrod
07-01-2006, 02:03 PM
I've got digital TV, phone, and Internet from GrandeCom in NE San Antonio. The phone is not VOIP through the cable modem (the way Skype is), but a separate phone line from my house to Grandecom service point on the utility pole.

In fact, GrandeCom tells me there is no IP network (routers, etc) at all between my cable modem and their IP network in San Marcos.

How much does it run and how's the service?

jcrod
07-01-2006, 02:03 PM
At&T?
Grande?

I'm Just spoiled with 100% digital TV! :lol

Well which do you have?

rayray2k8
07-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Ms. Ginobili
555-5555

Buddy Holly
07-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I use to have it with Time Warner and it was ok. If you get it with your cable, when the cable goes out the phone goes out.

You mean internet (cable/modem), right?

Becauase that's what they connect it with.

Zombie
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Well which do you have?
NONE!
Saving $5 a month is not high on my priorities! :lol