PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Nowitzki says Cuban should back off refs

rayray2k8
06-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Found something that I thought was amusing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2506302

Dirk Nowitzki has all but acknowledged that Mark Cuban's antics are a distraction to the Dallas Mavericks, saying that the team's owner must "learn to control himself as well as the players do."

In a stories posted Friday night on the Web sites of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and The Dallas Morning News, Nowitzki was quoted as saying, "We can't lose our temper all the time on the court or off the court, and I think he's got to learn that, too. He's got to improve in that area and not yell at the officials the whole game."

The newspapers also reported that Nowitzki, Michael Finley and Steve Nash had asked Cuban in the past about watching games from a suite, rather than from his usual seat near the Mavericks' bench.

"The game starts and he's already yelling at [the officials]," Nowitzki was quoted as saying. "He needs to learn how to control himself a little better. If somebody's in your ear constantly. ... I'd be [ticked] off if I were an official."

Cuban was fined $250,000 for his outbursts about the officiating during Game 5 of the NBA Finals, and commissioner David Stern said he was tired of off-court antics drawing attention from the series.

Cuban has been fined at least $1.65 million since buying the team in January 2000. The exact total of his punishment tab isn't known because the league doesn't always publicize action against team owners. Cuban has said he matches every dollar he is fined with a charitable donation.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Leetonidas
07-01-2006, 12:01 AM
We can't lose our temper all the time on the court or off the court

But you can lose your temper all over an exercise bike?

ducks
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
about time

now he can say back off or he will bolt

East Coast Babe
07-01-2006, 12:15 AM
I wonder if instead of fining Cuban money for every game he spends yelling at the refs and getting out of hand, Stern could send him to a luxury suite for the next game or two. That would probably keep him a little more quiet. Fining Cuban does no good. He just pays it and goes right on yelling!

Please_dont_ban_me
07-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Fucking hilarious.

1) Watching them squabble is lovely

2) How in the hell is Dirk giving advice on controlling his temper? He went off on Erika last year and his locker room incident this year was on national television as well....I'm not sure he's in any position to tell people how to control there tempers.

3) I can't wait to see Cubitch's response, which I'm sure will be politically correct b/c Dirk has him by the balls.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2006, 04:12 AM
excerise bike > dirks tantrum

Pero
07-01-2006, 04:53 AM
What incident happened?

ponky
07-01-2006, 06:55 AM
This is just a case of your damned if you do and you're damned if you don't for silly Spurs fans. If Dirk hadn't said a thing then all Mavs are the same and they all folow Cuban like a herd of sheep. So Dirk does say something about Cuban's antics, something I believe FINLEY mentioned in the past, and he's still ridiculed. Why don't you go laugh at your draft pick and his off-court problems. I remember reading a thread about how some Spurs fan on here queried that he could possibly be a dirk-stopper...haha, yeah...oh-kay.

SpursWoman
07-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Why don't you go laugh at your draft pick

You mean laugh at our second round pick in the 2007 draft? :lol

exstatic
07-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I wonder if instead of fining Cuban money for every game he spends yelling at the refs and getting out of hand, Stern could send him to a luxury suite for the next game or two. That would probably keep him a little more quiet. Fining Cuban does no good. He just pays it and goes right on yelling!
The only thing that can keep him from his seat is a suspension that keeps him out of the arena, a la Marge Schott when she owned the Reds.

exstatic
07-01-2006, 09:58 AM
This is just a case of your damned if you do and you're damned if you don't for silly Spurs fans. If Dirk hadn't said a thing then all Mavs are the same and they all folow Cuban like a herd of sheep. So Dirk does say something about Cuban's antics, something I believe FINLEY mentioned in the past, and he's still ridiculed. Why don't you go laugh at your draft pick and his off-court problems. I remember reading a thread about how some Spurs fan on here queried that he could possibly be a dirk-stopper...haha, yeah...oh-kay.
You do know that:

a) he has been traded.
b) he was never "our" pick, he was picked for Milwaukee.
c) instead of settling for a 59 pick in a shitty draft, SA probably has one in the 40s in a deep draft next year.

DDS4
07-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I think if the Mavs as a whole just concentrate on bball instead of the other crap, they'll be even better.

Just a thought.

TheSanityAnnex
07-01-2006, 11:41 AM
But you can lose your temper all over an exercise bike?
Please.....................comparing what Dirk did after the last game in the Finals and what Cuban does constantly is quite a stretch.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Chapter 1456 of Mav Fan is an Idiot.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2006, 02:55 PM
And Dirk is absolutely right. Now AJ needs to step up and tell Cuban to STFU.

And Josh Howard should tell Cuban to stop rubbing up against him.

whottt
07-01-2006, 02:58 PM
And Dirk is absolutely right. Now AJ needs to step up and tell Cuban to STFU.

Yeah...because AJ didn't know what Cuban was like when he agreed to be his coach. :rolleyes

Last I checked AJ was doing a pretty good job of blaming it on the refs himself.

Shank
07-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Last I checked AJ was doing a pretty good job of blaming it on the refs himself.

I'd love to see a quote that supports this.

exstatic
07-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I seem to recall something about "bear hug defense" being allowed...

mavsfan1000
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah Avery is a hypocrite but so what. His mistake was saying that we don't complain about the refs. Cuban got a little carried away with calling out San Antonio and some of the crazy things he says on his blog so that is why I think Nowitzki brought it up.

Duncan 21
07-01-2006, 06:38 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/esqueda_2006/avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif

Trainwreck2100
07-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Why don't you go laugh at your draft pick and his off-court problems. I remember reading a thread about how some Spurs fan on here queried that he could possibly be a dirk-stopper...haha, yeah...oh-kay.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2540/yupwnedself9kj.jpg

East Coast Babe
07-02-2006, 01:55 AM
The only thing that can keep him from his seat is a suspension that keeps him out of the arena, a la Marge Schott when she owned the Reds.

Yeah, but watching him yell from a luxury box AND NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR HIM :lol that would be funny to watch!! :lol :lol

Old School Chic
07-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah Avery is a hypocrite but so what. His mistake was saying that we don't complain about the refs. Cuban got a little carried away with calling out San Antonio and some of the crazy things he says on his blog so that is why I think Nowitzki brought it up.

:lol Is that why they end up fining his ugly ass all the time, Because he only gets carried away a little? :lol

boutons_
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Of course, Dirk is right about the effeminate attention whore Cuban.

Cuban's theatre of the absurd, Avery's whining and bitching, and the Mavs' Finals' choking (and near choking vs Spurs) shows what a fucking dysfunctional org the Mavs are.

oh, almost forgot, the EXTREMELY LOW quality of the MAvs trolls here brings the dysfunctionality into close focus!