PDA

View Full Version : You Begged For It...

Nbadan
07-01-2006, 04:49 AM
...and you knew it was just a matter of time. Finally a new Bushism...

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060630/capt.50bf27a07f66408c8b9e4816c8cde473.aptopix_bush __us_japan_mdsa110.jpg

"I've reminded the Prime Minister....that it was not always a given
that the United States and America would have a close relationship."

Nbadan
07-01-2006, 04:59 AM
In other news, FAUX News begs for government censorship of the news media

On June 29, several Fox News media figures suggested that the U.S. government should "put up the Office of Censorship" to screen news reports to determine whether they "hurt the country" or are of "news value," in the wake of a New York Times article disclosing a Treasury Department program designed to monitor international financial transactions.

Media Matters (http://mediamatters.org/items/200606290009)

I can just hear the market-tested title for that office now, 'The Office of Truth'.

fyatuk
07-01-2006, 06:40 AM
In other news, FAUX News begs for government censorship of the news media

Media Matters (http://mediamatters.org/items/200606290009)

I can just hear the market-tested title for that office now, 'The Office of Truth'.

What does China call theirs?

Clandestino
07-01-2006, 06:50 AM
i think every single intelligence agency should have to disclose every method of intel gathering...

and i think before cops do a stake out that they should be required to inform the people that they are staking out...

jochhejaam
07-01-2006, 09:18 AM
i think every single intelligence agency should have to disclose every method of intel gathering...

and i think before cops do a stake out that they should be required to inform the people that they are staking out...
Agreed.
In addition to that, Swat teams should be required to give at least 24 hours notice before using the battering ram to raid drug houses.

scott
07-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Freedom isn't free.

George W Bush
07-01-2006, 10:43 AM
"I've reminded the Prime Minister....that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship."

One of the best speeches I have ever given. :tu

SA210
07-01-2006, 10:45 AM
...and you knew it was just a matter of time. Finally a new Bushism...

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060630/capt.50bf27a07f66408c8b9e4816c8cde473.aptopix_bush __us_japan_mdsa110.jpg

"I've reminded the Prime Minister....that it was not always a given

that the United States and America would have a close relationship."

Great leader!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

FromWayDowntown
07-01-2006, 10:55 AM
And the War on Terror continues the push to justify encroachment on Constitutional rights.

What good is a war to preserve our way of life if we're willing to voluntarily give up the very rights that we're fighting for?

(it's also interesting to me that the party of "smaller government" has its mouthpieces arguing to create still more bureaucracy).

exstatic
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Just call it Pravda and be done with it.

jochhejaam
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
And the War on Terror continues the push to justify encroachment on Constitutional rights.

What good is a war to preserve our way of life if we're willing to voluntarily give up the very rights that we're fighting for?

Extremely impassioned and mello-dramatic about practically nothing IMO.

If the War on Terror is the problem then let's focus on winning that war instead of whining about techniques used to win this war that may be slightly encroaching on "rights" that really don't amount to a hill of beans.

velik_m
07-01-2006, 04:10 PM

If the War on Terror is the problem then let's focus on winning that war instead of whining about techniques used to win this war that may be slightly encroaching on "rights" that really don't amount to a hill of beans.

I don't think you can win it.

jochhejaam
07-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Bush: "I don't think you can win it"

And to continue with the President's quote:

Lauer: So I’m just saying can we win it? Do you see that?

President Bush: I don’t think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world — let's put it that way. I have a two-pronged strategy. On the one hand is to find them before they hurt us, and that's necessary. I’m telling you it's necessary.
The country must never yield, must never show weakness and must continue to lead. To find Al-Qaeda affiliates who are hiding around the world and want to harm us and bring ’em to justice — we're doing a good job of it. I mean we are dismantling the Al Qaeda as we knew it.

If the truth is that we may not be able to actually "win" the war on terror even with all that were doing, we certainly don't want to hinder our chances of holding them off by nitpicking at every little alleged or perceived encroachment of our constitutional rights. Why handicap our intelligence agencies by constantly contesting, exposing and ridiculing their efforts to give our military every edge that they can in this war?

Politicking at the expense of our fight against terrorism? That's totally assinine!

scott
07-01-2006, 06:32 PM
To let the next president figure it out.

xrayzebra
07-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Great leader!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Great indepth post.

xrayzebra
07-02-2006, 09:38 AM
what's the 2nd prong?

Another great post. Such profound observation. You never cease to
amaze me.

SA210
07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Great indepth post.
:lmao

boutons_
07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
The only depths of XZ'z posts are his head deep up his ass, which is a skill he learned in the military and which improves with advanced age. :lol :lol

xrayzebra
07-02-2006, 10:53 AM
The only depths of XZ'z posts are his head deep up his ass, which is a skill he learned in the military and which improves with advanced age. :lol :lol

At least I have a skill. What is your excuse? :lol

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 12:00 PM

in other words you cannot reconcile with giving up freedoms or oversight while proclaiming to protect those same freedoms

xrayzebra
07-02-2006, 07:07 PM
in other words you cannot reconcile with giving up freedoms or oversight while proclaiming to protect those same freedoms

I can reconcile what the administration is doing and my freedoms. Can you
name ONE, just ONE person who has been hurt, damaged or otherwise harmed
by their actions in the United States. I am talking citizens of the United
States not some damn terrorist. Didn't think so. If you know one, please
contact the ACLU they want to talk to them.

Now do you want to speak of NYT. They have harmed every citizen of the
United States by their irresponsible actions. Because our Government's
programs designed to protect them has been compromised.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Bullshit. The administration was bragging about this program years ago.

This is election year posturing pure and simple.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I can reconcile what the administration is doing and my freedoms. Can you
name ONE, just ONE person who has been hurt, damaged or otherwise harmed
by their actions in the United States. I am talking citizens of the United
States not some damn terrorist. Didn't think so. If you know one, please
contact the ACLU they want to talk to them..

Jose Padilla?

So if there is to be a new ministry of truth would that make Xray the ministry's O'Brien? (PS Xray, dont respond to this, it's way, way, way over your head)

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 01:33 AM
If the FEDS ever show their case, I think we'll find that Jose Padilla is not an innocent man, but all those Muslims who got thrown in Gitmo and even in U.S. prisons based on just suspecion after 911, many of whom were deported illegally, would argue with XRay that 'no one was hurt' by the administrations actions.

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 02:43 AM
No one who is innocent was hurt, right?

Santiago Lol Tizol, 37, who is Guatemalan, had been accused of threatening to kill a baby and assaulting the airline crew. A federal jury found him not guilty on Friday.

"This was paranoia on a cramped plane where people were pretty stressed out," said Assistant Federal Defender Matthew Winters. "He was not trying to assault or intimidate anyone on this plane."

Tizol paced the aisles of the December 9 Northwest Airlines flight bound for Honolulu from Los Angeles and didn't return to his seat when flight attendants yelled at him in English, Winter said.

At one point, passengers heard Tizol use a Spanish word they thought sounded like "baby" and believed he was going to strangle a 3-year-old on the plane.

When he headed toward the first-class bathroom near the cockpit, at least four passengers tackled him, Winters said.

Tizol had accidentally spilled water, drenching his clothes and seat, and was walking around because he was wet, the attorney said.

"I feel very satisfied," Tizol said through an interpreter. "I'm very happy because I think I didn't do anything wrong."

Assistant U.S. Attorney William Shipley said he respected the jury's verdict, but disagreed with the defense's assertion that Tizol was a victim of paranoia.

Tizol would have faced up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/01/unruly.passenger.ap/index.html)

Well, Tizol was guilty of flying while non-caucasion. Does that count?

Clandestino
07-04-2006, 06:22 AM
when 4 different people think you are doing something wrong... and think you are so far out of line they tackle you...then he was probably doing something a little more than he claims..

xrayzebra
07-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Jose Padilla?

So if there is to be a new ministry of truth would that make Xray the ministry's O'Brien? (PS Xray, dont respond to this, it's way, way, way over your head)

And how pray tell is Jose Padilla affected by telephone intercepts and
money transfers?

RobinsontoDuncan
07-04-2006, 10:33 AM
He's effected by totalitarian tactics the US has used in its "war on terror" that utlimatly looks more like an excuse for big brother to rear his ugly head.

Nbadan
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060704/i/r2060820662.jpg
Dubya sweats it out at Fort Bragg

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20060704/capt.sge.nil50.040706172635.photo01.photo.default-512x456.jpg
Dubya is working that salad bar hard, see America! He's working on the 4th!