PDA

View Full Version : Canseco: Steroid Scandal will get much Worse.

Quadzilla99
07-01-2006, 09:13 AM
More juicy details to follow
Canseco warns of more steroid woes
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | July 1, 2006

Jose Canseco, whose best-selling book ``Juiced" detailed rampant steroid use in major league baseball, says before all is said and done, ``General managers, managers, trainers, owners, and agents will all be exposed for their coverup."

``This is just the tip of the iceberg," Canseco said. ``We're going to be shocked about the players who took them and who knew they were taking them. More and more names will come out."

Canseco said he was recently contacted for his input in a steroids investigation being conducted on behalf of Major League Baseball by former senator George Mitchell. The meeting was supposed to take place next week but Canseco, who will resume his playing career Monday with the independent San Diego Surf Dawgs, might be in the middle of the season so an alternative date was being worked on.

Canseco said he's working on a second book, as well as a movie based on the bestseller. The second book will delve into the March 17, 2005, congressional hearings in which players, including Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Sammy Sosa, Frank Thomas, and Boston's Curt Schilling, testified about steroid use in baseball before the Government Reform Committee.

He said he also will write candidly about the politics he's endured since his revelations and he's not expected to be kind to the players who joined him at the hearings, especially Schilling, who denounced Canseco's public disclosures at the time and referred to him as a ``so-called author."

Palmeiro was later suspended when he tested positive for steroids; Sosa has retired.

Canseco has no opinion on whether human growth hormone use is a problem in baseball today. He said in speaking to Mitchell he will ``stick to what I know to be true based on what I've witnessed and my experiences with steroids."

As a former steroid and HGH user, Canseco described the benefits of HGH, which includes a stronger body, a youthful appearance, more energy, and quicker recovery time.

Canseco, who will turn 42 tomorrow, is also coming out with a new energy drink called ``Juiced - The Drink."

Asked whether he's relaunching his baseball career for a possible return to the majors, Canseco said, ``Once you've been blackballed, you're always blackballed."

Canseco said he's heard from no one associated with Major League Baseball for years.

``I haven't heard from a player, a bat boy, nobody," he said.

In playing a few games for a senior baseball league near Los Angeles recently, Canseco said he caught the bug to play again.

``I hadn't picked up a bat in four years and I hit seven home runs in six games with an aluminum bat," he said.

``I'm in great shape, but I'm not in baseball shape so we'll see where it takes me. I'll give it a shot. It should be fun to put on the uniform and play again. I've always loved baseball."

While the movie is a work in progress as funding starts to come in, Canseco, who has appeared in movies and on reality TV shows, is contemplating playing himself.

``There's a scene where I'm depicted as the size I was when I came up, which was about 6-1, 180 and the size I became -- 6-4, 250 pounds," he said. ``It's going to be tough to cast that. But we haven't got that far yet."

© Copyright 2006 Globe Newspaper Company.

Supreme Allah
07-02-2006, 03:36 AM
What the hell is baseball shape?

ask tony gwynn.

katyon6th
07-02-2006, 12:55 PM
No way, Jose Conseco.

Das Texan
07-02-2006, 04:00 PM
What the hell is baseball shape?

well a big part of being in baseball shape is having your hand eye coordination on its mark and your timing down at the plate.

he may be in good physical shape, but its a different animal than being able to step out on a field against professionals and suceed.

mike detroit
07-03-2006, 02:55 AM
all the steroid accused players should have to pitch for shady semi-minor league teams, it's the only answer.

cecil collins
07-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I like to watch him strike out three times, and make a bunch of crazy comments to try and sell books and make movies. He really is an asshole. He tried to bring race into it. How many people even fucking realize that he's Cuban?

Amare_32
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
I like to watch him strike out three times, and make a bunch of crazy comments to try and sell books and make movies. He really is an asshole. He tried to bring race into it. How many people even fucking realize that he's Cuban?

He may be an asshole, but ask yourself this if what he is saying is a lie like the MLB and the players are saying then why have they not sued? Last time I check you can sue fro slander. Why have they not done so? What are they afraid would come out in court?
________
HOST AND DESIGN (http://hostndesign.com)
________
SexFloWeRR (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SexFloWeRR)

Amare_32
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM

What does the fact that he is Cuban fucking have to do with anything?
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Almost everything he said about steroids in his book came out to be true. It's eery. He even said Palmeiro was on steroids and everyone laughed at him. I wouldn't dismiss him that easily.

DarkReign
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Cansceco isnt stupid. Hes selling books, movie deals, paraphenalia, etc.

Oh, and he just so happens to be telling the truth. Bummer for baseball.