PDA

View Full Version : Wells is willing to take a pay cut to play with pistons?

ducks
07-01-2006, 07:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2507013
No less a source of intrigue, to me, is what happens with the Pistons' $5 million mid-level exception. There are rumblings that Sacramento's Bonzi Wells is willing to take a pay cut to reunite with former Blazers buddy Rasheed Wallace and provide the jolt Detroit needs after crashing out of the East finals. That would be an undeniable steal, especially after seeing how much Wells hurt San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs, but the Pistons also crave a point guard who can push the pace -- not a Chauncey Billups specialty -- and are said to be high on the list of New Orleans-Oklahoma City's Speedy Claxton.

In the dream-scenario event that they both become candidates for the $5 million exception, Detroit would have an interesting choice to make: Wells or Claxton. You'd figure then that the Pistons would have to sign Wells and use their smaller exception ($1.7 million) to pursue Pistons alumnus Chucky Atkins or Bobby Jackson for the backcourt.

Bob Lanier
07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Almost certainly, no.

Quadzilla99
07-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Sheed has been relatively well behaved in Detroit (still among the league leaders in Ts and I remember him picking up a couple of bad ones in this years playoffs I think) but combining him with Wells would de a bad idea. I can't remember who said it but a team can usually absorb one guy with a questionable attitude but 2 or more? That's pushing it.

Also if you think the Pistons veterans can control them I still have images of none other then Scotty Pippen one of the greatest players ever trying to get Sheed and Wells calmed down over and over again during one of their many blowups in Portland.

FreshPrince22
07-01-2006, 09:01 PM
This is Bonzi's agent earning him some more money from Sacto. Same thing Ben is doing with us.

:rolleyes

spurschick
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Shit, I'll take less money to play with the Pistons. They're idea of pay cut is still more than I'd make in a few years.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-01-2006, 09:58 PM
This is Bonzi's agent earning him some more money from Sacto. Same thing Ben is doing with us.

:rolleyes

Take less money to go to Detroit how is that earning him more money?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Shit, I'll take less money to play with the Pistons. They're idea of pay cut is still more than I'd make in a few years.

Damn you make 5 to 6 Million every few years?

spurschick
07-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Damn you make 5 to 6 Million every few years?

I wish! :lol I'll hope to make that in my second lifetime.

jman3000
07-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Take less money to go to Detroit how is that earning him more money?

Just the possibility that he might leave causes the execs to sweat. He wouldn't take less money ... not after he earned all that money in this years playoffs.

MannyIsGod
07-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Detroit Pipedream Forum

Rynospursfan
07-02-2006, 03:53 AM
Not going to happen, no way they sign both Bonzi and Big Ben.

DirkAB
07-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I still have images of none other then Scotty Pippen one of the greatest players ever trying to get Sheed and Wells calmed down over and over again during one of their many blowups in Portland.

Shit, I still have images of Pippen turning into a total bitch in Portland. He was at the top of the league in Ts, behind Sheed of course, and he got ejected a number of times. The image I remember is Pippen booting the ball into the stands and getting ejected, then a couple games later getting ejected again. Pippen was as much to blame for that debacle in Portland as anybody else.

Quadzilla99
07-02-2006, 11:58 AM
^^So you think Wells to Detroit is a good idea? Those two players together? You'd make a great GM here's a good starting lineup for you:

PG: Vernon Maxwell
SG: Bonzi
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Dennis Rodman
C: Sheed

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
if this happens this would suck

clubalien
07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
wells is going to get a kings payday