PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in DJ Mbenga and Devean George

spursparker9
07-02-2006, 09:18 AM
During halftime of Saturday's exhibition game, Mavs center DJ Mbenga said San Antonio, Phoenix, Memphis and Sacramento are among the teams vying for his services.

Mbenga, the Mavs' third-string center, is a restricted free agent, so Dallas can match any offer he receives.

link : http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/14952885.htm

In addition, the Lakers are unlikely to bring back forward Devean George, an unrestricted free agent. George's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said about half the league's teams expressed interest in George, mentioning Cleveland, Denver, Washington, the Clippers, SanAntonio and Phoenix

link : http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4003990

furry_spurry
07-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Guess the Spurs called just about everyone!

MI21
07-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Devean George, please don't let that happen. Yuk.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2006, 09:26 AM
devean george who thinks his steve kerr? no thanks.

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 09:27 AM
When you're offering nothing, you get nothing.

wildbill2u
07-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Mbenga? Cowabunga!

spursparker9
07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
hmmm... these 2 players are only there to make the phrase "15 strongs"

boutons_
07-02-2006, 09:58 AM
"Guess the Spurs called just about everyone!"

When your entire front line is Tim, you're fucking desperate.

SenorSpur
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Spurs are doing it again. They're looking at other teams' older, cheaper trash players. I thought the idea was to get younger, more athletic and of course cheaper. Enough with the "old guy" experiementation. We've got enough old players on this team already.

Mbenga? Hell yes!

George? Hell no!

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Nothing on Jumaine Jones yet. Interesting.

SenorSpur
07-02-2006, 10:09 AM

A much better option that Devean George - yuch!

Gummi
07-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Devean George would fit in nicely with the Spurs. His length and athleticism along with his 3P shooting could help the Spurs big time. Talk about a player that could guard Dirk.

His not going to be the savior for the Spurs or anything, but a nice role player he is. He has also got playoff experience.

Folks, don't hate Devean because he's a Laker. Remember Horry. He used to be hated by us.

Why the love for Jumaine Jones. A player that has played for 5 teams during his 7 year career.

itzsoweezee
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Devean George would fit in nicely with the Spurs. His length and athleticism along with his 3P shooting could help the Spurs big time. Talk about a player that could guard Dirk.

His not going to be the savior for the Spurs or anything, but a nice role player he is. He has also got playoff experience.

Folks, don't hate Devean because he's a Laker. Remember Horry. He used to be hated by us.

Why the love for Jumaine Jones. A player that has played for 5 teams during his 7 year career.

ask laker fans what they think about george. he's garbage.

intlspurshk
07-02-2006, 10:43 AM
SPURS are now interested in the leftover of the rivilary. That's desperate moves!!!

D George?? How's his legs or knees?? Aren't he injured and never get back to his prime?

missmyzte
07-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Ask this Laker fan what I think of Devean - he hasn't improved since his rookie year. A couple ill-timed ankle injuries just as we thought he might start earning his salary and then we're disappointed all over again. A couple great games (he can rebound well for his size) and then he disappears again. I'd be surprised to see him in a Spurs uni.

Gummi
07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Well most Laker fans are stupid and don't know anything about basketball except how great Kobe played and how many points Kobe scored. Everything is about how many points Kobe scored.

Devean George was a key contributer for the Lakers during their last championship in 2002 and was until Shaq left for Miami. He had an injury that ruled him out almost the entire 2004-05 season but came back strong this last season.

He would give the Spurs alot of options both on D and on offense. He's strong enough to guard Dirk and maybe even Amare and he could also guard guys like Pierce, Kobe, and Lebron.

T Park
07-02-2006, 10:53 AM
When you're offering nothing, you get nothing

:rolleyes

yeah cause they have oooo so much cap room.

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 11:01 AM

yeah cause they have oooo so much cap room.

$5 mil starting. That's not insignificant. If it is, explain how.

Beyond that, deals are there if they are willing to make the commitment.

exstatic
07-02-2006, 11:03 AM
George is that tweener forward, 6'8" 235. His last two years with a post threat (Shaq) to draw attention, he shot 37% both years from outside the arc. Since he became a starter, he grabs about 4 boards in about 20 minutes.

As for the average Laker fan, I'd say they had very little concept of a role player making MCE, playing 20 minutes, and what you should expect from said player.

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
George would give you a little size, a few boards and some range in your perimeter rotation. I wouldn't mind him on the bench.

intlspurshk
07-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Can SPURS sign D George and M Bank by splitting the MLE? Seems like a dream but their market values are not that high at the moment although I would expect both of them to ask for the whole MLE at least but this is a buyer market now.

SPARKY
07-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Can SPURS sign D George and M Bank by splitting the MLE? Seems like a dream but their market values are not that high at the moment although I would expect both of them to ask for the whole MLE at least but this is a buyer market now.

eh, this is anything but a buyer's market. Maybe the Lux Tax Boogeyman will put a crimp in spending but otherwise this is a pretty good time for a player to be hitting free agency. You have a plethora of clubs with large amounts of cap room and then you have the rest with at least $5 mil in play money to dole out.

Seriously. A guy like Reggie Evans who should be looking at maybe a 3 year, $11 mil contract may just end up getting a full MLE offer from someone for 4+ years.

This is definitely a market for the Spurs to sit back, wait, and let things sort themselves out before finding the free agents and trades that make sense for them. I have a feeling a couple years from now there are going to be a lot of GMs struggling to operate due to contracts signed this summer.

Bob Lanier
07-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Mbenga could eventually be a solid roleplayer, and unlike everybody but Duncan on the Spurs' roster, he's a true center. If you can get him for a decent price, go ahead.

George is worthless, and has been since the injuries.

Big P
07-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Banks is looking for a 5 year $29 mil. deal...the Spurs are not going to spend the MLE on a backup PG.

AdmiralMVP
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Now that would be a good fit. We need the athleticism.

exstatic
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Banks wants to start.

I'd be comfortable with either George or Jumaine off the bench as a combo forward. Their games are similar. They have the shooting range of a SF, but better than SF rebounding numbers, per minute. Jones is a bit more athletic and a couple of years younger.

texlawman
07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Mbenga would be a good signing if you got him for a reasonable price and then Mavs didn't match. He does have some skills and size. I do believe could evolve into a legit backup. He's just not getting enough time behind Diop and Dampier. I wouldn't pay more than 2.5 million though.

T Park
07-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Mbenga, IMO, seems like a solid player potentially, but Dallas would DEFINATELY match anything the Spurs threw at him, so its pointless.

T Park
07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Either Jones OR George would be solid pickups IMO.

Devean George played well under Phil Jackson's system play, and would do the same here.

Also plays pretty darn good defense when healthy as well.

Last resort if Jones, Jeffries, or others can't be had.

Quadzilla99
07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Banks wants to start.

Good luck with that Marcus.

SenorSpur
07-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Mbenga, IMO, seems like a solid player potentially, but Dallas would DEFINATELY match anything the Spurs threw at him, so its pointless.

I wouldn't go that far. Dallas is already capped out. Only the Knicks have more committed salaries and luxury tax payments than the Mavs.

Now with a new deal for Jet and extensions on the way for Dirk and Josh, they don't have a lot of "wiggle room". I'd be very surprised if they match an offer for Mbenga.

Gummi
07-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Mbenga is trash guys. The guy can't even dribble the ball. If a guy like Diop is beating him for minutes that shows just how bad of a player he is. The guy has no basketball IQ and I've seen him playing in a couple of games in garbage time and he looks awful.

Sean Marks is an All-Star compared to him.

missmyzte
07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Well most Laker fans are stupid and don't know anything about basketball except how great Kobe played and how many points Kobe scored. Everything is about how many points Kobe scored.

Devean George was a key contributer for the Lakers during their last championship in 2002 and was until Shaq left for Miami. He had an injury that ruled him out almost the entire 2004-05 season but came back strong this last season.

He would give the Spurs alot of options both on D and on offense. He's strong enough to guard Dirk and maybe even Amare and he could also guard guys like Pierce, Kobe, and Lebron.
What a freaking idiotic statement, do you really think you can generalize all (excuse me, "most") Laker fans like that? Pathetic.

Solid D
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM

Mistilynn (missmyzte) knows what she's talking about.

T Park
07-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Gummi is accomplishing the old foot in mouth stupidty disease.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 01:27 PM

some of you spurs fans have lost it. george guard dirk? apparently you havent watched him play much because he cant guard me or you.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 01:33 PM

wow, thats all im gonna say about this post. hes garbage simple as that, the guys you mentioned would kick georges ass all night long. like i said he cant guard me or you so expecting him to guard these guys is crazy. laker fans are probably laughing at you ass right now. :lol

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Read the articles.

MBenga says the Spurs are interested in him. The Spurs don't say it.

The other one says George's agent says half the league is interested in Devean George and names the Spurs are part of half the league.

The Spurs don't even have roster spots for these guys. With Javtokas they'll have 12 players under contract and the Spurs only usually carry 13.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
How else do you expect them to act? They arent getting any of the guys they had hoped to land and are desperate.Hey Mbenga playing next to Tim might turn him into an all star :lol

shouldn't you still be lamenting about losing your only shot at winning a title? Your panzy mavs have just hamstrung themselves with over paying terry ..I love the fact that soon you will extend dirk (cough cough) and howard.. this team did not have enough to get it done this year and now you guys have locked up a team that lost it's only shot.. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM

how did that parade thing go? :blah

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Mavtroll needs to start justifying his existence.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:40 PM
The Spurs already have 3 All-Stars dumbass, we're looking for ROLE PLAYERS.

when are we going to see the pictureof the mav players holding up the gold ball?

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 01:42 PM
How else do you expect them to act? They arent getting any of the guys they had hoped to land and are desperate.Hey Mbenga playing next to Tim might turn him into an all star :lol
no most of the spurs fans are smart its just gummi who is retarded. some people on this board think javtokas can guard dirk also, some even said he will shut dirk down. :lmao

Kori Ellis
Our team is young and improving you cant even say that for the Spurs OUTSIDE OF THE BIG 3. You have no cap room, your not getting any of the guys you thought you would be and now your looking at 2nd and 3rd stringers out of desperation. You guys are in a bad conference to be getting worse like this. Looks like another year of the Mavs owning the Spurs again since you will have a team that will be worse talent and overall wise then this years crew :fro

I don't know what you don't get. The Spurs are going after what they need -- role players. You act like the Spurs are trying to go after stars and are missing out. Stop repeating yourself. How could the Spurs be worse off talent wise? Why because they finally traded Rasho? :rolleyes

And please stop trolling or stop existing.

ChumpDumper
Dude, the Mavs lost four straight to Miami.

That's embarrassing.

George Gervin's Afro
Our team is young and improving you cant even say that for the Spurs OUTSIDE OF THE BIG 3. You have no cap room, your not getting any of the guys you thought you would be and now your looking at 2nd and 3rd stringers out of desperation. You guys are in a bad conference to be getting worse like this. Looks like another year of the Mavs owning the Spurs again since you will have a team that will be worse talent and overall wise then this years crew :fro

yeah i know why should you worry considering you guys needed a 69% shooting percentage for a half and a foul in the final 30 seconds to get by this old team.. look it is obvious you are not accustomed to seeing how an organization continues to build even after winning 3 championships.. but hey maybe one day when dirk isn't your best player your team might get back..

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Good luck finding role players. Maybe Adrian Griffin and Van Horn could be of some use to you guys . KVH could be your long 3 answer :drunk

Devean George and Mbenga are what the Spurs could use, a true center an a long SF. So they are role players. Do you even know what a role player is?

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Dude, the Mavs lost four straight to Miami.

That's embarrassing.

:owned

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
no most of the spurs fans are smart its just gummi who is retarded. some people on this board think javtokas can guard dirk also, some even said he will shut dirk down. :lmao

speaking of guarding dirk any chance you guys get out of the 1st round any time soon?

rayray2k8
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't know what you don't get. The Spurs are going after what they need -- role players. You act like the Spurs are trying to go after stars and are missing out. Stop repeating yourself. How could the Spurs be worse off talent wise? Why because they finally traded Rasho? :rolleyes

And please stop trolling or stop existing.
I second that.
And when did the spurs all of a sudden get completely owned by the mavs??
The mavs finally got through the spurs.
But only once! Then the Mavs went off and blew it in the finals.

You need to take the homerism down a bit bro.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Where the fuck did you get that from? Bonner and Williams are talent upgrades over Nesterovic and Javtokas has a ton of talent. You're not very bright, Mav fan.
bonner is ok i guess but i dont know if williams will get that much playing time to be called an upgrade.

T Park
07-02-2006, 01:49 PM
if you ignore the trolls, they go away.......

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 01:49 PM
You dont need all stars but you need quality role players not scrubs. Devon George and Mbenga=scrubs. You cant justify that anymore.

I don't think the Spurs are interested in George or MBenga. But if they are, it doesn't really matter, they have 12 roster spots filled. The 13th and 14th men aren't going to play much.

The Spurs might trade Barry or Scola's rights for some role players. Or perhaps pick up one player in free agency, but the Spurs aren't looking to overhaul.

rayray2k8
07-02-2006, 01:50 PM
if you ignore the trolls, they go away.......
How many do you have ignore, TPark?

loveforthegame
07-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Is the off season over? No. I think it's jumping the gun to say the Spurs are digging for 2nd and 3rd string leftovers because they've missed out on everyone else.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
speaking of guarding dirk any chance you guys get out of the 1st round any time soon?
seeing as how we will win 50+ games next year with bonzi staying i think so. i wasnt talking bad about the spurs like the mavs fan im just talking about gummi being an idiot thats all.

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Can you honestly tell me now if this team stays the way it does that it is good enough to go back to the finals and win the championship?? I dont think so because they wont have fixed any of their weaknesses.

If this team hadn't resorted to small ball, we would've won. And what weaknesses, we lost because of one stupid foul. Get over your fucking team, you didn't sweep us.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Can you honestly tell me now if this team stays the way it does that it is good enough to go back to the finals and win the championship?? I dont think so because they wont have fixed any of their weaknesses.

If Duncan, Parker and Ginobili stay healthy, they have as good a shot as any of the other top teams. It's not like the Mavs dominated them.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't think the Spurs are interested in George or MBenga. But if they are, it doesn't really matter, they have 12 roster spots filled. The 13th and 14th men aren't going to play much.

The Spurs might trade Barry or Scola's rights for some role players. Or perhaps pick up one player in free agency, but the Spurs aren't looking to overhaul.

Kori why can't you just accept that the mavs own the spurs and we are desperate for players considering our organization has no idea how to put together cahmpionship teams.. I mean since the mavs finally made it to the finals that should make them experts in what it takes to build a roster for championship teams

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:54 PM
seeing as how we will win 50+ games next year with bonzi staying i think so. i wasnt talking bad about the spurs like the mavs fan im just talking about gummi being an idiot thats all.

I stand corrected..I love Artest by the way

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Kori why can't you just accept that the mavs own the spurs and we are desperate for players considering our organization has no idea how to put together cahmpionship teams.. I mean since the mavs finally made it to the finals that should make them experts in what it takes to build a roster for championship teams

True.

I guess we should all look up to a team that is still paying Michael Finley, Shawn Bradley, Evan Eschmeyer, and Tariq Abdul-Wahad. :spin

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 01:57 PM
You will have a very old bench which will just about be worthless against the Mavs athletic bench and starters. Now you lost your 2 bigs for a unproven NBA player and a guy from Canada :rolleyes . You guys need to get younger and athletic OUTSIDE of the big 3 or it will be another fishing trip come mid-may

how did that athletic bench handle the pressure of the finals?

exstatic
07-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Uh, Yes. One bounce (literally) here or there and SA is in the Finals. You act like Dallas swept us, when in fact it was a hard fought 7 game series Dallas won playing gimmick ball.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 02:00 PM
You will have a very old bench which will just about be worthless against the Mavs athletic bench and starters. Now you lost your 2 bigs for a unproven NBA player and a guy from Canada :rolleyes . You guys need to get younger and athletic OUTSIDE of the big 3 or it will be another fishing trip come mid-may

Through trading Barry/Scola/Williams or whatever, they'll pick up a young athlete or two. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Finley and Bowen are going to do the bulk of the work. The Spurs aren't looking to add 3 or 4 athletes and give them a lot of minutes.

exstatic
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Weak. By avoiding the truth, you use a insult on our first of many trips to the NBA finals. Stay on topic and defend my points I am making and stop using the Finals as a defense weapon :rolleyes
EVERY team who gets there thinks they're going back repeatedly. Rarely happens. As big a nemesis as we've been to you, dominating Dallas for years, we have three whole trips in the Duncan era. Of course, we made the most of them...:lol

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Give me a break. Spurs took the Mavs to Game 7 OT with two centers tied behind their backs.

Mavs allowed Derek Anderson and Antoine Walker to call themselves World Champions. I'd think long and hard before talking shit about any other team.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Weak. By avoiding the truth, you use a insult on our first of many trips to the NBA finals. Stay on topic and defend my points I am making and stop using the Finals as a defense weapon :rolleyes

you used the mavs bench as a strength of the mavs team. i aksed how they performed..how is that not staying on topic?

Gummi
07-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Calm down missmyzte! My experience of Laker fans is that most of them have a low basketball IQ. Everything is about Kobe and if he has good game and scores 40+. That seems to be more important then winning because for gods sake, Kobe needs to score his points.

T Park
07-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I hate trolls....

Back on point.

Bring in Devean George, he can guard a Howard or at TIMES Nowitzki, hes got the size to be able to.

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Because it kicked your teams ass and we are talking about the Spurs situation and how it affects them against the Mavs!

Once again dumbass, if not for Ginobili's foul, the Spurs win. Did you forget we were up by 3 with 29 seconds? No one got their asses kicked you fucking Mav troll dumbshit. Your benched sucked ass against the Spurs and against the Heat. Dirk and Howard were the reasons the Mavs beat the Spurs, along with Terry in Game 7.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Because it kicked your teams ass and we are talking about the Spurs situation and how it affects them against the Mavs!

when are you going to get that nothing matters unless you win the championship dude.. and the mavs kicked our ass? in 7 games? believe me the spurs focus will be on getting back the gold ball not the mavericks..they may end up being road kill on the way but the spurs are focused on the end not up I-35... In know the mavs are WCF!! woo-hoo!!

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Well hmmmm we eliminated you on your court so we have bragging rights on that but that is not the point. The point is your team hasnt made a roster move that is going to help your chances of beating this young and athletic as hell Mavs team. Also Anderson and Walker didnt beat us it was Wade

Who's we? Since when do you play with the Mavericks?

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Well hmmmm we eliminated you on your court so we have bragging rights on that but that is not the point. The point is your team hasnt made a roster move that is going to help your chances of beating this young and athletic as hell Mavs team. Also Anderson and Walker didnt beat us it was Wade

counting on shooting 69% FROM THE FIELD AGAIN?

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Hahahaha sounds like your in a pissed off mood :lol . Yeah the "what if" card. You didnt win and you so far havent made the moves to overcome the Mavs. The truth hurts kiddo :fro

I'm not pissed. You're the pathetic excuse for a human being trolling a Spurs forum to make yourself feel better after your team got their asses handed to them by the weakest champion in years.

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Hahahaha sounds like your in a pissed off mood :lol . Yeah the "what if" card. You didnt win and you so far havent made the moves to overcome the Mavs. The truth hurts kiddo :fro

my last post on this.. when you get the point that championship teams don't focus on one team when they shape their rosters you may understand championship basketball teams.. i expect you to act like a fan who has been there..and then i realize you never have.. :blah

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:12 PM
No I am counting on our guys to overwhelm your defense and have their fun layup drills :elephant

like they did against the older miami heat?

I've digressed.. years from now when we have 5 banners in the AT&T center spurs<mavs will be here rehashing the mavs owning the spurs in 2006..

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
:blah Once again using the finals card when you did lose to us and the Mavs do stand in your teams way. You keep this team together and it wont beat the Mavs.

DUDE THE FINALS IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

missmyzte
07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Calm down missmyzte! My experience of Laker fans is that most of them have a low basketball IQ. Everything is about Kobe and if he has good game and scores 40+. That seems to be more important then winning because for gods sake, Kobe needs to score his points.
You live in Orlando and think you can generalize "most" Laker fans?

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
:blah Once again using the finals card when you did lose to us and the Mavs do stand in your teams way. You keep this team together and it wont beat the Mavs.

Are you done making yourself look like an idiot today or do you have other plans?

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
5??? You only have 3 and the way things are going #4 seems like a pipedream.

LIKE #1 FOR THE MAVS!!! :drunk

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Speaking of our bench being old, Miami is a pretty damn old team and they beat the hell out of the Mavs, so youth is obviously overrated and the Spurs don't need youth to beat the Mavs "young and athletic" bench and starters.

exstatic
5??? You only have 3 and the way things are going #4 seems like a pipedream.
3>0

RON ARTEST
I stand corrected..I love Artest by the way
i just didnt want anyone thinking i was joining him in his trolling. :lol

Leetonidas
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Fixed :angel

Fixed. :angel

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm about to excise the trolling from this thread. You know where to go if you'd like to continue.

Brutalis
07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Screw both of those scrubs.

Seriously them even in the NBA is a joke.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
i dont like the lakers either but you have no idea what the hell your talking about.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Speaking of our bench being old, Miami is a pretty damn old team and they beat the hell out of the Mavs, so youth is obviously overrated and the Spurs don't need youth to beat the Mavs "young and athletic" bench and starters.
maybe not but they dont have a dwyane wade either so comparing the heat and spurs bench doesnt mean anything. the heat won because wade took over the series. the spurs need youth and quickness to beat the mavs i do agree with him about that.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I hate trolls....

Back on point.

Bring in Devean George, he can guard a Howard or at TIMES Nowitzki, hes got the size to be able to.
im not being a troll but george can not guard those players at all. he may have the size but so does peja, size means nothing if your a bad defender and thats what george is.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Call it what you want. I am making basketball point arguments.You aren't doing shit. I've gone over you're entire posting history and it's nothing but trolling. I can only assume you are here for no other reason, so don't be surprised when your dreck starts disappearing.

RON ARTEST
07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Call it what you want. I am making basketball point arguments. I am giving explanation to my points yet people keep using us choking in the finals (which we did do) as their comeback :rolleyes
you dont think the way your talking to them would be considered trolling? if you were just having a regular discussion with them making "basketball point arguments" then it would be cool but you and i both know thats not what your doing.

Quadzilla99
07-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Aneeeways.........here are the ESPN Insider scouting reports for Devean George and Mbenga heading into last season. The Mbenga report is weak because he averaged 5 minutes a game the last two years (not much to report on), he looks like a project.

George:
George missed most of the season after having ankle surgery in July 2004, but he could play a big part in the Lakers' plans this season. His familiarity with the triangle offense and the departure of Caron Butler should give him a leg up in the race to be the Lakers' starting small forward, especially since he was the starter of record when Jackson last coached.

If he's going to keep the job though, he'll have to deliver more at the offensive end than he's done throughout his career. George is effective shooting 3-pointers from the corner but struggles once he's asked to make a move. He's a career 39 percent shooter and his lack of a post game allows him to be defended by a smaller player. It's an important year for him because it's the last season of his current contract, so he'll need to show he's fully recovered from the ankle injury. Even then, he risks being banished to the bench if Jackson decides he'd rather play Odom at small forward and start Kwame Brown and Mihm on the front line.

Mbenga
__________________________________________________ ______
The big man from the Congo is a prime candidate to get some time in the D-League this season. The Mavs signed him because he shows great promise as a shot-blocker, but he has very little game experience and needs to play every night. With a longer look, the Mavs will have a better idea of what to do with him when his contract expires after the season.

maddnezz
07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
:rollin God you guys kill me!!! Now your putting your faith in Mbenga (who isnt anything that great) and Devon George!! Yeah you guys are in a shitty spot trying to land some good players. Oh well there is always 2008 :lol
And still........,again................, no RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :fro :lol

maddnezz
07-02-2006, 04:27 PM
You dont need all stars but you need quality role players not scrubs. Devon George and Mbenga=scrubs. You cant justify that anymore.
Could you please download a picture of the rings and trophy with irk, gay t and the iguana!
:fro

maddnezz
07-02-2006, 04:30 PM
During the season when a couple of your guys were hurt and you were losing we heard a lot crying, :fro just like after the finals..................With...........no......... ..RING!!!

maddnezz
07-02-2006, 04:39 PM
:lmao :lmao Keep telling yourself that and you might actually believe it.
I bet irks rod fits perfectly in your mouth as much you talk! And don't forget if he gets injured, you can cancel any hopes of making it back!
:fro

maddnezz
07-02-2006, 04:50 PM
And, i hate too be racist but if dirk wasn't white and the nba wanting to change it's image you would'nt be anywhere. Punk ass bitch we gave josh howard away, you should be kissing our holes right now! and you really believe the your youth movement, without irk and slaphouse cuold run the nba?????????? Then i got a bridge to sell to you!!

ChumpDumper
07-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey, that's enough troll bait.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't know why Spurs fans resort to the same stupid behavior of the trolls.

Everyone needs to get back on topic and get off the ridiculous bashing.

Quadzilla99
07-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Maddnez 5 posts in a row what's the record for posts in a row?

Beer is Good
07-02-2006, 04:55 PM

It's only two guys filling the thread with garbage. Easy to ignore. For the record, I don't see either of these two as a viable fit for the Spurs. Maybe Mbenga as a 3rd Center for fouls.

missmyzte
07-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I wish we could post videos, a friend on CL made a great vid about Devean George entitled, "Gump". It's truly a classic.

judaspriestess
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
:lol :vomit: :lmao

I'm speechless

Texas_Ranger
07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
^ Me too. THIS SUCKS. :vomit: :shootme

timvp
07-02-2006, 07:18 PM
DGeorge is a scrub. He doesn't do much well. He'll hit the occasional three ball but that's about it. He's not that good of a rebounder and isn't quick enough to be a good defender. I wouldn't want him for anything more than a minimum contract.

Mbenga is actually pretty good. He's a good, improving center project. If he develops right, he'll be a shotblocking force one day. That said, there's no way Cuban loses a restriced free agent to the Spurs. The Spurs could offer this guy Joel Przybilla money and Cuban would match it. Let's not kid ourselves.

mabber
07-02-2006, 10:24 PM
DGeorge is a scrub. He doesn't do much well. He'll hit the occasional three ball but that's about it. He's not that good of a rebounder and isn't quick enough to be a good defender. I wouldn't want him for anything more than a minimum contract.

Mbenga is actually pretty good. He's a good, improving center project. If he develops right, he'll be a shotblocking force one day. That said, there's no way Cuban loses a restriced free agent to the Spurs. The Spurs could offer this guy Joel Przybilla money and Cuban would match it. Let's not kid ourselves.

Mbenga has got incredible upside but who knows if all of it will come to fruition. He's a great athlete and has a really good shot from 15 feet in as well as his shotblocking skills. Mavs definitely want to keep him but don't want to overpay for him, but you're probably right about Cuban matching anything the Spurs offered. He wouldn't be able to help himself.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I'd take George at a good price.

MBenga? Lmao...

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 10:39 PM

How is he a scrub?

He's a player who needs a dominant post presence, or someone to drive and dish. On a shitty team he does a shitty job because he has to do more than he's comfortable...well he's comfortable doing it...but more than he should be allowed to do.

Let him play tough D, let him rebound, let him hit some big 3's...he's a nice alternative to Jeffries.

timvp
07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
How is he a scrub?

He's a player who needs a dominant post presence, or someone to drive and dish. On a shitty team he does a shitty job because he has to do more than he's comfortable...well he's comfortable doing it...but more than he should be allowed to do.

Let him play tough D, let him rebound, let him hit some big 3's...he's a nice alternative to Jeffries.

Problem is he's not a good defender or rebounder.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Problem is he's not a good defender or rebounder.

Hasn't he been hurt?

Let me rephrase, he HAS been hurt. That along with playing on a team that doesn't cater to your needs isn't a good combo. He would do well on the spurs with TimmyD giving him open 3's like shaq did and Manu finding him for open 3's.

He can play nice D, he's big and physical. I wouldn't mind him...and I bet we could get him at a bargain.

leemajors
07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Hasn't he been hurt?

Let me rephrase, he HAS been hurt. That along with playing on a team that doesn't cater to your needs isn't a good combo. He would do well on the spurs with TimmyD giving him open 3's like shaq did and Manu finding him for open 3's.

He can play nice D, he's big and physical. I wouldn't mind him...and I bet we could get him at a bargain.

again, he's not a good defender or shotblocker. he's got good size for this position, but that's about it.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 11:04 PM
again, he's not a good defender or shotblocker. he's got good size for this position, but that's about it.

You dont' need to be a good shot blocker at the 3, and in my opinion he is a good defender.

timvp
07-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Please_dont_ban_me must be thinking of Eddie George or someone.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Please_dont_ban_me must be thinking of Eddie George or someone.

Eddie George

Oh, you mean the outfielder for the Yankees?

leemajors
07-02-2006, 11:07 PM
You dont' need to be a good shot blocker at the 3, and in my opinion he is a good defender.

i meant rebounder, sorry. when has george played good defense or had to play good d?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-02-2006, 11:13 PM
i meant rebounder, sorry. when has george played good defense or had to play good d?

Maybe playing alongside Rick Fox made him look better...

But I could have sworn he was always considered there best perimeter defender behind Kobe. He was the guy guarding the other teams best players when kobe wasn't on them. Other than Peja, who Rick Fox would hold into oblivion.

Spurologist
07-02-2006, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't mind having D George on the spurs. He was a key player in the faker's runs for three championship.

During that time he was able to:

1. Be athletic
2. hit the open shots and the three
3. Rebound well
4. Play decent D
5. Be clutch

The problem is all of that has taken hit but he's still good enough to be an effective role player.

leemajors
07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
i thought it was d fisher who perfected the cobra clutch arm hold, but rick fox was up there.

ace3g
07-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Mavs' Mbenga Gets Multiyear Deal

Dallas Morning News - The Mavericks have come to terms with backup center D.J. Mbenga on a multiyear contract, the Dallas Morning News is reporting.

Mbenga has been with the team for two seasons. He earned $880,000 last season. Terms of the new deal were not disclosed. Mbenga can't sign the agreement until July 12, per free-agency rules.

The Mavericks were impressed with the way the 7-footer improved as the season went on. He's one of the most athletic centers in the league and still is learning the game. Mbenga appeared in 43 games last season and averaged more than five blocked shots per 48 minutes played.

Meanwhile, plenty of competition has cropped up in the Mavericks' pursuit of Raptors guard Mike James, arguably the top free-agent guard left on the market. The Atlanta Hawks and Houston Rockets , among others, are pursuing the 6-2 guard, who averaged 20.3 points for Toronto this season.

Because of the high interest, James and agent Bill Duffy appear to be in no hurry to accept the Mavericks' offer of their $5 million mid-level exception, or any other offer.

The Hawks, who are under the cap, may outprice the Rockets and Mavericks after they missed out on Clipper Sam Cassell, who agreed to re-sign in Los Angeles.

Link (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41255/20060703/mavs_mbenga_gets_multiyear_deal/)

timvp
07-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Mbenga was actually a decent option. Too bad Cuban would never have let the Spurs steal him.

RON ARTEST
07-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Mbenga was actually a decent option. Too bad Cuban would never have let the Spurs steal him.
im sure as soon as he heard the spurs were interested in mbenga he signed him quick.

leemajors
07-03-2006, 07:33 AM
im sure as soon as he heard the spurs were interested in mbenga he signed him quick.

the spurs need to express interest in KVH and armstrong, maybe he'll resign them too.

mabber
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
the spurs need to express interest in KVH and armstrong, maybe he'll resign them too.

I think the Mavs are interested in resigning KVH anyway since he wouldn't cost that much now. As much I wouldn't want to have to really rely on him, he'd be a decent 9th-10th man for $2-3 million/year. I think there's a decent chance that Armstrong will be around for the vet minimum as well.

LEONARD
07-03-2006, 08:59 AM
DJ MOOSE Mbenga!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.s-ex.com.ua/adm/spaw/lib/photos2/briant%20is%20blocked%20by%20DJ%20Mbenga%20Lakers% 20109%20-%20106%20Dallas.jpg

Glad the Mavs held onto him...he's only played a few years of basketball...he's 7 ft tall...and he can jump thru the roof. Excellent project and 3rd center option...the fans love him too... :fro

Please_dont_ban_me
07-03-2006, 09:53 AM

:elephant

maddnezz
07-03-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm cool Kori!

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-03-2006, 12:24 PM
D. George looks JUUUUUUUUUUST fine in that purple and YELLOW uni.
The Spurs don't need Lamer flotsam and jetsam ruining a potentially good season!

Slinkyman
07-03-2006, 12:35 PM
If we can't get Jeffries then George is a good plan B, we need somebody big, tall and athletic and if George is the best avialable go for it. If we could get Przybilla and George that would be a great offseason but that's unlikely. More likely, Jackie Butler and Devean George.

Sportcamper
07-03-2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.atariarchives.org/deli/henny_youngman.jpg

Take Devean George...PLEASE!!!!
I take Devean everwhere I go, But he keeps finding his way home again...
Devean is a good player, he is just bad a basketball... :smokin