PDA

View Full Version : Wtf???

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 02:30 AM
http://mas.scripps.com/MCA/2006/06/28/29a1b_o.jpg

Church constructs monument to Christianity in likeness of Lady Liberty
Photo Photos by Hilly Schiffer/The Commercial Appeal

Ryan Bessant installs a foot on the seven-story Christian-themed Lady Liberty that's rising at Winchester and Kirby Parkway. A sheet covers much of the $260,000 statue until its unveiling next week.

The towering replica of the Statue of Liberty -- with a few Christian touches -- is being erected in front of the 12,000-member World Overcomers Outreach Ministries Church at Winchester and Kirby Parkway.

Replacing the recognizable torch, Lady Liberty holds a cross.A beige sheet veils much of the $260,000 statue and will be removed during a Fourth of July ceremony.Lady Liberty's uncovered eyes already peer down on the community. A tear falls from her right eye representing her concern for America.

Church members said the mixture of the statue and Christian symbols represent "America belonging to God through Jesus Christ."The statue's famous inscription -- "Give me your tired, your poor ..." -- has been replaced with Roman numerals representing the Ten Commandments.

Commercial Appeal (http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/article/0,2845,MCA_25340_4809191,00.html)

I wonder if the veil is optional? These freaks should just move to Iran if they seek a theocracy.

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Don't forget to order your Bush-fish!!

http://www.bushfish.org/images/sample_2_index.gif

If this country's legislature and judiciary are supposed to reflect the values and beliefs of The People, then send them a message that they are WAY off course!

If you are tired of secularists telling you that The Lord has no place in our government and our public institutions, then show them that you disagree.

This symbol, this site, and this car magnet have been created for the millions of Americans who support the President and his vision for a government that embraces religion, morality, and family values. It shows worship to the Lord, respect for the President, and hope for all.

Join the millions of Americans who believe that President Bush痴 faith-based administration presents the best hope for America痴 future. The future is in your hands. Stand up and be counted!

Order a BushFish for yourself or a loved one today.

God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

-BushFish.org

mookie2001
07-03-2006, 03:00 AM
ROFL
the Bush is like 10x the size of God

ChumpDumper
07-03-2006, 03:18 AM
A sheet covers much of the $260,000 statue until its unveiling next week.Doesn't leave much to the imagination, I'm afraid.

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Doesn't leave much to the imagination, I'm afraid.

Well, there is the tear under her eye signaling the sadness in lady christianity.

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I wonder if the veil is optional? These freaks should just move to Iran if they seek a theocracy.
Danny, Danny, Danny <sigh> :lol

Here's a song that fits the occasion for you dan. The Gospel Music Associations Song of the year in 1974. (Larnelle Harris)

[
Statue of Liberty
Words and Music by Neil Enloe

In New York Harbor stands a lady, with a torch raised to the sky,
And all who see her knows she stands for liberty for you and me.
I知 so proud to be called an American,
to be named with the brave and the free,
I will honor our flag and our trust in God,
and the Statue of Liberty,

On lonely Golgotha stood a cross, with my lord raised to the sky,
And all who kneel there live forever,
as all the saved can testify.
I知 so glad to be called a Christian,
to be named with the ransomed and whole;
As the statue liberates the citizen,
so the cross liberates the soul.

O the cross is my statue of liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free,
Unashamed I値l proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my statue of Liberty.

velik_m
07-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Nothing says proud american like worshiping french statue.

Ya Vez
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM
it's a free country they can do whatever they want, sheesh they can consult their dam crystals or worship their UFO's if they want..... or join whatever freaking political party they want.....

Crookshanks
07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Statue of Liberty
Words and Music by Neil Enloe

In New York Harbor stands a lady, with a torch raised to the sky,
And all who see her knows she stands for liberty for you and me.
I知 so proud to be called an American,
to be named with the brave and the free,
I will honor our flag and our trust in God,
and the Statue of Liberty,

On lonely Golgotha stood a cross, with my lord raised to the sky,
And all who kneel there live forever,
as all the saved can testify.
I知 so glad to be called a Christian,
to be named with the ransomed and whole;
As the statue liberates the citizen,
so the cross liberates the soul.

O the cross is my statue of liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free,
Unashamed I値l proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my statue of Liberty.

That is one of my favorite songs - it always brings tears to my eyes when I hear it - especially when it's sung by Larnelle!

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 10:55 AM
That is one of my favorite songs - it always brings tears to my eyes when I hear it - especially when it's sung by Larnelle!
Wow, I'm surprised to find someone else on the board that's familiar with the song. It's an old song but it's also included in a 2002 release by Harris titled "The American Spirit"

ChumpDumper
07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
That's nice sentiment, but that ain't the Statue of Liberty.

Oh, Gee!!
07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
it's hideous

mookie2001
07-03-2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.bushfish.org/images/car_h2_large.gif

mookie2001
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
right above the h2, thats where I'd put it

xrayzebra
07-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Not really about this thread. But did anyone see where the Supremes said hang
on, the cross can stay in San Diego until all avenues are looked at.

Ocotillo
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
The Bush fish looks like a bomb.

boutons_
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
"there's no accounting for taste"

These "Christians" are hell-bent on forcing the amalgam of their cult and the US govt, creating a "Christian" theocracy, in direct violation, letter and spirit, of the US Constitution.

Here they are "Christianizing" a US secular icon presented to the US on its centenary by another constitutionally secular country.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, Christians can make bad art as well as anyone.

Phenomanul
07-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Wow, I'm surprised to find someone else on the board that's familiar with the song. It's an old song but it's also included in a 2002 release by Harris titled "The American Spirit"

I have a version sung by Steve Green and Larnelle Harris at a concert here in Corpus about 10 years ago.... the harmony made it that much better... I wish they released it.