PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace Doesn't Like The Offer From Detroit

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Pistons free-agent center Ben Wallace, who also is being courted by the Chicago Bulls, says he's disappointed by Detroit's $49.6 million, four-year contract offer.

The offer would pay $11.5 million the first year and would make him the highest-paid player on the team next season, $100,000 ahead of Rasheed Wallace.

"It was disappointing," Ben Wallace told The Detroit News on Sunday. "It was not at all what I expected."

Joe Dumars, the team's president for basketball operations, declined comment Sunday.

On Friday, Dumars told The Associated Press: "Our top priority is to re-sign Ben. Our goals are the same as they have been for the past five years, and that's to compete for the NBA title."

On Saturday, Wallace met in Michigan with Bulls general manager John Paxson and coach Scott Skiles. Wallace said the meeting was a good one but did not include an official offer.

"The door's not closed" on the Pistons, Wallace said. "I know it's a business and they have to run their business."

Wallace, who turns 32 on Sept. 10, said he is not looking for a deal of more than four years. He said he expects to hear from several other teams, including the Washington Wizards, New York Knicks and Cleveland Cavaliers.

-SI.com

Supergirl
07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
He'd be crazy to consider offers from anyone other than Detroit, SA, maybe Chicago.
No other team would be a good fit and a real contender. He won't be happy playing for NY or Washington after being an NBA champ.

Budkin
07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Bye bye Ben.

MWILL
07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
He'd be crazy to consider offers from anyone other than Detroit, SA, maybe Chicago.
No other team would be a good fit and a real contender. He won't be happy playing for NY or Washington after being an NBA champ.

Ben might be a good fit in Cleveland.

I don't think it's all about the money with Ben, I think he just wants to go somewhere else.

polandprzem
07-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Ben lost his mind.
Someone please help him to find it.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-03-2006, 12:09 PM
lol..his fro has damaged his brain.. :fro

FreshPrince22
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Ben might be a good fit in Cleveland.

I don't think it's all about the money with Ben, I think he just wants to go somewhere else.

It may not be all about the money, but it is all about the ego. He wants to be the highest payed player on the team by a LARGE margin. This offer would make him the highest payed by a small margin. Plus he wants touches on offense. :lol

Enjoy Chicago Benny Wallace. Hopefully the coach does nothing but stroke your ego and run isos for you.

Bob Lanier
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
He knows he can get more, and he should go for it.

JamStone
07-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I actually don't think that Ben Wallace can get much more than the Pistons' initial offer. I think Chicago is just trying to drive up Ben's price to hurt the Pistons in the future. If Ben wants $15 million a year for five years, the Pistons should call the Bulls' bluff and see if they really offer that. Chicago would only be hurting their own future with that type of deal to Ben with Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng all up for contracts in the next couple of years.

freedom&justice
07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm extremely disappointed with his antics, and that 'more touches' thing is bewildering. The other team's just gonna foul him 'cause he can't make his free-throws.

Crookshanks
07-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Waaah! I feel sooooo sorry for Big Ben - almost 50 MILLION dollars for 4 years of work isn't enough?! These guys egos are incredible - and I'm getting sick and tired of it. NO human being is worth what these superstars make for PLAYING A GAME 8 months out of the year!

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm extremely disappointed with his antics, and that 'more touches' thing is bewildering. The other team's just gonna foul him 'cause he can't make his free-throws.
I usually get tense when they pass the ball to Ben, I'm like "pass the ball Ben!" If Ben wants more touches he needs to get more offensive rebounds and put them back in.

DDS4
07-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Posturing.

caŽlo
07-03-2006, 01:35 PM
49.6 mil aint enough to feed his family?

i hope he doesnt end up as the next spree.

but hell .. apples and oranges.. thats spree.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
what is up with big defensive men wanting more touches? :lol

Camby said he wanted more of the ball as well. NEWSFLASH Marcus, you shoot from 20 feet out and only get hot every now and then. Just stick to defending ok? :smokin

I think Big Ben should go elsewhere, its ashame coz he was a great fir in Detroit but im guessing flip has changed things

MWILL
07-03-2006, 03:35 PM
49.6 mil aint enough to feed his family?

i hope he doesnt end up as the next spree.

but hell .. apples and oranges.. thats spree.

Which proves my point. He just don't want to be in Detroit.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Waaah! I feel sooooo sorry for Big Ben - almost 50 MILLION dollars for 4 years of work isn't enough?! These guys egos are incredible - and I'm getting sick and tired of it. NO human being is worth what these superstars make for PLAYING A GAME 8 months out of the year!

The thing about that is the team makes all that money so somebody has to get it. Who should get it all? The owner? Don't get me wrong owners are important but nobody was going to see Jerry Reinsdorf in Chicago from 1984-1998. Just like Nobody is going to see the Pistons owner now. The fact of the matter is these teams make millions and miilions of dollars and the idea that the players shouldn't get paid a ton of money means the owner should keep it all for himself.

ponky
07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
The thing about that is the team makes all that money so somebody has to get it. Who should get it all? The owner? Don't get me wrong owners are important but nobody was going to see Jerry Reinsdorf in Chicago from 1984-1998. Just like Nobody is going to see the Pistons owner now. The fact of the matter is these teams make millions and miilions of dollars and the idea that the players shouldn't get paid a ton of money means the owner should keep it all for himself.

Well by the CBA doesn't 47 (or 48?) percent of revenues go to players anyway? It's pretty much a given but I think it's ridiculous to give someone like Wallace more than a four year contract when he's going to be 32 and even with the Pistons' initial offer, he would be the highest paid guy on the team. It depends on the player and I just don't think Wallace is worth much more than what he's been offered, not to say that he's not a great player but he has to either stop complaining about *touches* or get some FTs to fall.