PDA

View Full Version : Paving The Way For The GOP In 2008

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Lieberman is threatening to run as an independent in 2008 if he doesn't get his Party's nomination. What could that mean? That he could probaby siphon enough votes from the Democrat's nomination paving the way for the Republicans to take the White House again in 2008 (not that they have a lock on it anyways).
That's one of the consequenses of allowing the extreme left's agenda to infiltrate the Democrats platform to the point where they no longer appeal to enough Americans, including many Democrats, to retake the W.H.

Lieberman May Campaign As Independent
Jul 03 1:03 PM US/Eastern

A source in the Democratic party says Sen. Joe Lieberman will collect signatures to run as an independent if he loses next month's Democratic primary election.

Lieberman, facing a stronger-than-expected Democratic primary challenge and sagging poll numbers because of his support of the Iraq war, was to announce Monday whether he will begin gathering signatures for a possible independent run this November, a campaign spokeswoman said.

Lieberman has scheduled a 1 p.m. news conference at the state Capitol.

"It is in regard to his decision about the general election," said Lieberman campaign spokeswoman Marion Steinfels. "He told folks when he made his decision, he wanted to let people know. He's announcing where he's at, what he's come to."

Lieberman's wife Hadassah is expected to attend the event, Steinfels said.

Lieberman's campaign has long said they were focused only on winning on the Aug. 8 primary. An effort to gather signatures before the primary could annoy Democrats who already question his party loyalty.

Lieberman would have until Aug. 9 _ the day after the Democratic primary _ to collect 7,500 signatures from registered voters to land on the November ballot as an unaffiliated candidate.

As of Monday morning, Lieberman's office has not sought petitions to circulate for an unaffiliated campaign, said Dan Tapper, spokesman for Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/03/D8IKKSA00.html

ChumpDumper
07-03-2006, 04:11 PM
:wtf

He's going to run for his SENATE seat as an independent if he loses the primary.

xrayzebra
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought he said as an "independent Democrat".

exstatic
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
:wtf

He's going to run for his SENATE seat as an independent if he loses the primary.
Don't bother him with facts in the article that he didn't read. GOP backers are grasping at just about any straw, real or perceived.

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
:oops :oops Oh boy, an embarrassing moment for this poster...oh well, have fun with my gaffe. :lol :oops :oops

Great, my good friend scott just entered the forum...more ridicule in 3, 2, 1... :lol

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
one of the consequenses of allowing the extreme left's agenda to infiltrate the Democrats platform (edit) <is that> they no longer appeal to enough Americans, including many Democrats, to retake the W.H.

^^^That part still stands true. :)

jochhejaam
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't bother him with facts in the article that he didn't read. GOP backers are grasping at just about any straw, real or perceived.
There's no grasping for straws here. I'm not a registered Republican and the person I want in the W.H. is the one that can best serve our Domestic and International Interests. For the third time in as many years the White House will probably be the Democrats to lose. Barring something unforeseen I expect they'll follow suit and run someone who won't disappoint regarding this (Hillary, Gore or Kerry).

The far left seems to me to have a stranglehold on the Democrat's Party.

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
The far left seems to me to have a stranglehold on the Democrat's Party.

You really should quit repeating Rush talking-points. It's the people who are taking control of the Democratic Party, not the leftist. Progressives aren't being driven by the Kennedys or even George Soro, they are driven by witnessing the will of the people consistantly being sold out by members of both political parties to the highest bidder. So, Liebermann has to go.

xrayzebra
07-03-2006, 06:26 PM
^^you really don't believe that do you dan?

Nbadan
07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
^^you really don't believe that do you dan?

I've always said I have no other agenda on this board other than the truth.

xrayzebra
07-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Then take the rose colored glasses off Dan. The left has taken over the
Democratic party. Lock, stock and barrel.

Ocotillo
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Actually the Republicans have lunged so far to the right that the Dems now look far left to them.

scott
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM
:oops :oops Oh boy, an embarrassing moment for this poster...oh well, have fun with my gaffe. :lol :oops :oops

Great, my good friend scott just entered the forum...more ridicule in 3, 2, 1... :lol

We all make mistakes, hang in there brother.

jochhejaam
07-04-2006, 08:06 AM
We all make mistakes, hang in there brother.
I'd be better off letting this thread die for obvious reasons but I'll post once more and say "thanks" scott. Humbling. :)

Blessed are they that show mercy for they will obtain mercy.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah...um if the Democrats are too far to the left where the fuck are Republicans? Do you think the brand of conservatism esposed by the GOP is anywhere near moderate?

Nbadan
07-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Lieberman begins his campaign as an independent.

Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman is to announce today he will petition for a place on the November ballot as an "independent Democrat," giving him a chance to stay alive politically should he lose an Aug. 8 primary for the Democratic nomination.

Lieberman, 64, a three-term senator whose outspoken support of the war in Iraq has brought months of grief and inspired a strong primary challenge from Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont, intends to announce his decision this afternoon at the State Capitol.

Even should he lose in August -- and the most recent public poll shows him leading Lamont by 15-percentage points among likely primary voters -- Lieberman would retain his status as a registered Democrat, but his name would not appear on the ballot line with other Democrats.

Most other Democratic candidates already have said they would support the winner of the Aug. 8 primary.

Courant (http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-lieberman-petition-0703,0,2202164,print.story?coll=hc-headlines-home)

I'm not sure who this would hurt worse, the Democratic nomination winner or the Republican candidate. Lieberman will steal many pro-war votes from the Republican and most Demos are turning away from Joe because his stance on the Iraq war.

jochhejaam
07-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah...um if the Democrats are too far to the left where the fuck are Republicans
In the White House.

gtownspur
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
wow nice comeback -- but i'm surprised you didn't mention anything about his momma

We have Mo Rocca's mini me in the house! :lol

Yonivore
07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I've always said I have no other agenda on this board other than the truth.
Oxymoronic.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Oxymoronic.

Guess you dont know what that word means...

DarkReign
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Guess you dont know what that word means...

And this surprises you?

Yonivore
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
And this surprises you?
Nbadan having no other agenda than truth is oxymoronic; not an oxymoron.

Honest Nbadan is the oxymoron.

xrayzebra
07-07-2006, 02:24 PM
you neocons seriously make me sick

i feel sorry for you

Gee I was hoping you would say: seriously sick.

But heck, we all knew you were. But as a teenager, you got time to
recover.....LOL :lol

Us Necons have a cure. It is called common sense.

George Gervin's Afro
07-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Gee I was hoping you would say: seriously sick.

But heck, we all knew you were. But as a teenager, you got time to
recover.....LOL :lol

Us Necons have a cure. It is called common sense.

Or accepting everything as truth and never questioning a republican president.

xrayzebra
07-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh George, we do question. And that is the difference between us and you.
We question and we look for answers. We accept nothing for granted. I for
one have lived too many years to beleive all that pols put out.

But you, you listen to all the "do gooders" and say, isn't it wonderful. They care.
They care all right. So long as it isn't their money or time.

They being those who want to blame the US for global warming as if we are
the only country on earth. They want to blame all the wild fires in the west on
global warming, but they forgot who stopped all the brush clearning and cleaning
up in the forest. Horse hockey.

I question all politicians. And you should learn to do the same.