PDA

View Full Version : ATM Machine (From the creators of Loose/Lose)

SoCalSpursFan
07-03-2006, 05:13 PM
The letters ATM stand for "Automated Teller Machine." Therefore, when you say "ATM Machine" you're really saying "Automated Teller Machine Machine." This is obviously redundant. Just say "I'm going to the ATM." :frying:

dougp
07-03-2006, 05:25 PM
same w/ PIN

2Blonde
07-03-2006, 07:17 PM
So what happens if you forget your PIN Number so you loose your card because the ATM Machine eats it after three attempts?

CuckingFunt
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Same with VMA Awards. Or AMA Awards. Or CMA Awards.

There's one local credit union where I live that decided they don't want an "ATM," so instead they have "MATT" -- the Money Any Time Teller. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

chode_regulator
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
The letters ATM stand for "Automated Teller Machine." Therefore, when you say "ATM Machine" you're really saying "Automated Teller Machine Machine." This is obviously redundant. Just say "I'm going to the ATM." :frying:
nice joke from like 10 yrs ago

2blonde, i had a similar thing happen to me almost 2 yrs ago. we were deploying to the boat for a couple weeks and i went to the atm the night before to get some cash for the trip to va the next morning. as i sat there with my card in the atm it ke[pt beeping at me. well i kept ignoring it,and finally it ate my card. and i was supposed to be goign on leave the day we got back. so i was prett ynervous that the bank wouldnt have me a new card by then but thankfully they did.
lesson here is hit the button for mmore time or take out your card if it beeps at you

AlamoSpursFan
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Same with VMA Awards. Or AMA Awards. Or CMA Awards.

Can't speak for the first two, but CMA Awards stands for Country Music Association Awards.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I think these should all be reported to the Department of Redundancy Department.

lilmads
07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I think these should all be reported to the Department of Redundancy Department.

:lol I love that one

chode_regulator
07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Can't speak for the first two, but CMA Awards stands for Country Music Association Awards.
owned

CuckingFunt
07-04-2006, 03:43 PM
owned
Funny, I don't FEEL owned... :rolleyes

exstatic
07-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I think this may be a generational thing. I don't think I've ever referred to it, or even thought of it as an ATM machine, but then again, I remember when they came on line, and were call Automated Teller Machines. If you were around for the birth of an acronym, you rarely commit said faux pas.

AlamoSpursFan
07-04-2006, 03:57 PM
"Here's a man who once said: 'What would this country be without this great land of ours'. Excuse me? Mr. President? In the dictionary under 'redundant' it says 'see redundant'!" -- Robin Williams, Live At The Met

:lol