PDA

View Full Version : WOAI just confirms

shyne
07-03-2006, 05:30 PM
That the Spurs told Scola he will not be here for sure next yr.

angel_luv
07-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I already knew that. :)

Kori Ellis
07-03-2006, 05:32 PM
That the Spurs told Scola he will not be here for sure next yr.

Not be in the league? Or not be with the Spurs?

timvp
07-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Pretty much expected.

Did it say anything about a trade?

shyne
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
They said that he is not in their plans for this season.

SsKSpurs21
07-03-2006, 05:37 PM
they said scola would not be part of the SPURS plan THIS year, because his buyout is still too high...didnt mention anything about trading his rights getting rid of scola...maybe he will make the transition next year with mahinmi.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
they said scola would not be part of the SPURS plan THIS year, because his buyout is still too high...didnt mention anything about trading his rights getting rid of scola...maybe he will make the transition next year with mahinmi.

That doesn't make any sense the most any NBA team can pay of a player's buyout is 500k so if he's willing to pay the rest it doesn't matter if it's $40 million or $3 million.

"Another change in the new CBA raised the limit NBA teams can pay towards a buyout of an existing international league player's contract to $500,000 from $350,000. "

http://www.pinnaclehoops.com/news.php?article=83

Taking it to the Hole
07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I think everybody kinda figured that.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 05:42 PM
They just don't think he is any good apparently. Or not as good as Manu and Nocioni.

Slomo
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
That doesn't make any sense the most any NBA team can pay of a player's buyout is 500k so if he's willing to pay the rest it doesn't matter if it's $40 million or $3 million.

"Another change in the new CBA raised the limit NBA teams can pay towards a buyout of an existing international league player's contract to $500,000 from $350,000. "

http://www.pinnaclehoops.com/news.php?article=83So you expect him to pay from his pocket for the privilege to play in the NBA?

If he has to pay 3M$ to his club he will not sign with an NBA team for less than say 4M$, so after he pays his own buyout he's still left with a million.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM

In order to make coming over worth his while -- i.e., to ensure that Scola gets paid something for the 2006-07 season, the Spurs would be forced (likely because Scola's reps would demand) to make his salary some amount in excess of his buyout. You could deduct the $500 K that the Spurs can contribute to the buyout, but the rest has to come from Scola which would seem to artificially inflate his salary demands. As such, the size of his payout is a pretty significant factor in deciding whether to bring him over at any point in time.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
If they thought he was as good as Manu or Nocioni they would give him a 2 year $8 million deal-$4 million a year. Also maybe you two didn't notice that they gave Oberto, who was never first team All-Euroleague, $2.5 million a year just like Nocioni (who also didn't have Scola's accomplishments) probably got $2-3 million a year. If they thouht he was good they would give him that and bring him over.

infinite styles
07-03-2006, 05:53 PM
If they thought he was as good as Manu or Nocioni they would give him a 2 year $8 million deal-$4 million a year. Also maybe you two didn't notice that they gave Oberto, who was never first team All-Euroleague, $2.5 million a year just like Nocioni (who also didn't have Scola's accomplishments) probably got $2-3 million a year. If they thouht he was good they would give him that and bring him over.

Or maybe they have bigger fish to fry and don't want to spend all of their money on a position that they already have filled in order to let him play in the NBA.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Or maybe they have bigger fish to fry and don't want to spend all of their money on a position that they already have filled in order to let him play in the NBA.

They gave Horry $4 million a year on a position they already had filled because they thought he was good. Besides they have talked about using Tim more at Center this year already. They just don't think he is very good imo.

rayray2k8
07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I agree with just about everyone in here saying that they didnt think he was gonna come to San Antonio. It just became offical.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
We just re-listened to the news report.

All it said basically was that according to a report in Spain, the Spurs told Scola that he won't be in their plans this year. (WOAI didn't even hear it from the Spurs/Scola directly). Nothing was mentioned about possible trade or the following season or anything.

Basically, no new news.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Oberto got a portion of the Spurs' MLE last summer (the remainder went to Finley) so the Spurs could offer him more than the league's minimum. The only way the Spurs can do that with Scola this summer is to divide up the MLE, which they don't appear inclined to do in their effort to obtain a center. There isn't the same salary spot to facilitate a deal for Scola unless you're willing to pay him almost all of the MLE.

The Spurs were able to give Horry more money last summer because he was their free agent. In the summer of 2003 (when Horry was signed), they had significant cap room and could make bigger offers (though I thought Horry signed in 03 for the vet minimum -- I don't honestly recall).

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
They're very unlikely to get any kind of respectable center with their MLE they have to know that. If they thought he was any good they would bring him over and use a lineup to get their best players on the floor. Tim plays center all the time in the playoffs with Horry on the floor and played about 40 minutes a game at center versus the Mavs. They just don't think he is any good imo.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
They're very unlikely to get any kind of respectable center with their MLE they have to know that. If they thought he was any good they would bring him over and use a lineup to get their best players on the floor. Tim plays all the time in the playoffs with Horry on the floor and played about 40 minutes a game at center versus the Mavs. They just don't think he is any good imo.

They obviously don't think he's worth either (1) the MLE; or (2) a significant enough portion of the MLE to end the push to find a center using that money.

If the Spurs think he can't help them in 2006-07 for a reasonable price, I'd say I'm pretty comfortable with that decision.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 06:16 PM
They obviously don't think he's worth either (1) the MLE; or (2) a significant enough portion of the MLE to end the push to find a center using that money.

If the Spurs think he can't help them in 2006-07 for a reasonable price, I'd say I'm pretty comfortable with that decision.

So we agree, they don't think he is worth that and don't think he is very good player like Nocioni or they would bring him over.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
So we agree, they don't think he is worth that and don't think he is very good player like Nocioni or they would bring him over.

True. I would tend to agree with the Spurs on this one; you must not or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 06:32 PM
They gave Horry $4 million a year on a position they already had filled because they thought he was good. Besides they have talked about using Tim more at Center this year already. They just don't think he is very good imo.

Um, Horry had proven in the playoffs that he could be the man, and he was the perfect compliment to Tim's inside game come the fourth quarter.

What the hell has Scola done to warrant 4.5 million a year, other than sign a dumbass contract with Tau?

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
True. I would tend to agree with the Spurs on this one; you must not or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I think he will be good, he was obviously very good in Europe. I think the Spurs have a low opinion of him like we both said.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Um, Horry had proven in the playoffs that he could be the man, and he was the perfect compliment to Tim's inside game come the fourth quarter.

What the hell has Scola done to warrant 4.5 million a year, other than sign a dumbass contract with Tau?

Garbajosa is supposedly getting $4 million a year to come here, Oberto got $2.5 million/year, and Nocioni probably got $2-3 million. Scola had much better numbers and accomplishments in Europe. I guess his stock is just very, very low around the NBA now it baffles me as to why.

Solid D
07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I watched the Newscast at 5:20 on WOAI and David Chancellor broke zero news. It's just stuff that has been in the blogs. In fact, he made it sound like his team in Spain was one waiting 3 days. It was actually Scola who asked them to wait 3 more days.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I guess his stock is just very, very low around the NBA now it baffles me as to why.

Have you been reading anything written here in between your rambling posts about sitting out a year of basketball to prove a point?

His buyout is 3.5 million. All those other guys you mentioned had no or small buyouts.

Bruno
07-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I watched the Newscast at 5:20 on WOAI and David Chancellor broke zero news. It's just stuff that has been in the blogs. In fact, he made it sound like his team in Spain was one waiting 3 days. It was actually Scola who asked them to wait 3 more days.

Yep and in Spanish articles few days ago, they said that Tau was very confident about keeping Scola and signing him an extension. Now articles say that Tau is worried to lose the best player of their franchise history.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Have you been reading anything written here in between your rambling posts about sitting out a year of basketball to prove a point?

His buyout is 3.5 million. All those other guys you mentioned had no or small buyouts.

The most an NBA team would have to pay of his buyout is a measly $500k he is willing pay the rest. Do your homework.

"Another change in the new CBA raised the limit NBA teams can pay towards a buyout of an existing international league player's contract to $500,000 from $350,000."

ChumpDumper
07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Twice in a day on the same rule?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
The most an NBA team would have to pay of his buyout is a measly $500k he is willing pay the rest. Do your homework.

"Another change in the new CBA raised the limit NBA teams can pay towards a buyout of an existing international league player's contract to $500,000 from $350,000."

Where do you suppose Scola would get the other 3 million for his buyout? Bake sales and car washes?

My homework is done pal. I know all about the 500K. Problem is it's 3 mil short of his buyout. What do you think Scola is going to do? Take out a loan? Or ask the Spurs or whoever for something north of 4 million a year to cover the rest that the 500K doesn't cover with enough left to make a decent paycheck?

If you're really this stupid, just put down the keyboard and walk away.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Where do you suppose Scola would get the other 3 million for his buyout? Bake sales and car washes?

My homework is done pal. I know all about the 500K. Problem is it's 3 mil short of his buyout. What do you think Scola is going to do? Take out a loan? Or ask the Spurs or whoever for something north of 4 million a year to cover the rest that the 500K doesn't cover with enough left to make a decent paycheck?

If you're really this stupid, just put down the keyboard and walk away.

Are you new here? Is this your first day? He's made it clear for $4 million a year he will pay it himself. Garbajosa is getting $4 million, Oberto got $2.5 million, and Nocioni got $2-3 million a year. I don't know why no team seems to want to pay him that and trade for him or why the Spurs don't but it's common knowledge.

Solid D
07-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Are you new here? Is this your first day?

:lol Seeing as how AHF's poster ID # is 49 and you come in at 5888, I'd say he's been on board a tad longer. Sorry, I'm not getting into the argument, it just struck me funny.

clubalien
07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
give his wife a deal at experss news like Kidd got for coming here?

Brutalis
07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Pryzbilla is the best we can do, and in 24 mins getting 2 blocks a game is great.

He would fit so much better than Rasho and Nazr did cause he can actually play decent post defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Are you new here? Is this your first day?

Are you a fucking retard? Yeah, I posted over 16,000 times in one day. You're the newbie, and you've obviously got some learning to do.

He's made it clear for $4 million a year he will pay it himself.

First he has to find a team willing to pay him four million a year. Doesn't look like that's working out so well, does it?

Garbajosa is getting $4 million, Oberto got $2.5 million, and Nocioni got $2-3 million a year. I don't know why no team seems to want to pay him that and trade for him or why the Spurs don't but it's common knowledge.

Garbajosa = no buyout. Oberto = no buyout. Nocioni = no buyout.

You don't understand why Oberto got what he did, Nocioni got what he did? You realize that 4.5 million >>>> 2 million or 3.03 million, right?

And again, both of those guys got what the market dictates, and obviously the market doesn't dictate Scola being worth 4-4.5 million.

Garbajosa? Toronto has 7+ million in cap room.

In the same vein, why do you feel the Spurs should spend their entire MLE on Scola when they already have three PFs (Duncan, Bonner, Horry) and a gaping hole at the center spot?

Fuck, just because you have your panties in a bunch over Luis doesn't mean the Spurs should mortgage their title hopes for next year for the sake of a tweener Euro PF.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 08:34 PM
The buyout is a non-factor it's $500k to an NBA team. I don't know why do you keep referring to it. Scola had better numbers than Oberto, Garbajosa, and Nocioni. I have a higher opinion of him than the Spurs or any NBA team does apparently. But it's amazing that all these guys whose numbers are way, way behind him in the Euroleague have no problem coming here. When he wants $4 million it's a huge problem. Compared to what these other guys who'd be backing him up in Europe are getting it doesn't make any sense.

The reaons I said are you new is the buyout is only $500k to an NBA team it's non a realtive non-factor the $4 million is the big deal, which makes no sense when you compare it to what the other three players are getting.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Also it surprises that some other NBA team isn't willing to step up and pay him $4 million a year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 08:42 PM
The buyout is a non-factor it's $500k to an NBA team. I don't know why do you keep referring to it.

Damn you are slow. Scola's buyout is 3.5 million. The most the *Spurs* can contribute to it is 500K. That still leaves 3 million for Scola to come up with. Where do you think he gets that money? The Make-A-Wish foundation? Wake the fuck up man.

I have a higher opinion of him than the Spurs or any NBA team does apparently.

Apparently so, and from your comprehension of the buyout situation (or lack thereof), that's a good thing.

But it's amazing that all these guys whose numbers are way, way behind him in the Euroleague have no problem coming here.

Again, no buyout.

When he wants $4 million it's a huge problem. Compared to what these other guys who'd be backing him up in Europe are getting it doesn't make any sense.

Teams felt the other guys were worth what they got paid. The Spurs don't think Scola is worth their whole MLE when they need a center for next year. What is so damn hard to comprehend about that?

The reaons I said are you new is the buyout is only $500k to an NBA team it's non a realtive non-factor the $4 million is the big deal, which makes no sense when you compare it to what the other three players are getting.

The 500K isn't the factor, it's the fact the Spurs are being asked by Scola and his agent to make up the rest and then some. We're not talking about 4 million dollars in a vacuum.

We're talking about a contract starting at 4, 4.5 million for 4-5 years (you're looking realistically at 20+ million for a Scola contract) for a guy who would be third string at best on the depth chart and whose game (interior post scoring) is not in any way complimentary to Tim's (interior post scoring).

You keep bringing up these other guys. Why? Their situations are different.

Chicago needed a wing, they signed Nocioni. Spurs needed front court depth, they signed Oberto with the lower level exemption at a bargain price.

Toronto needs more front court help, they go out and sign Garbajosa to a bargain (relatively speaking) deal.

And what you still want to gloss over is all those guys are unrestricted free agents. They got what the market bore.

Scola has a captive audience (Spurs), one that doesn't need his skill set for the next year (at the least), and is asking them to overpay for him.

Damn dude, this is not so hard, but I guess maybe it is for someone nicknamed after an oversized lizard with a pea brain.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Damn you are slow. Scola's buyout is 3.5 million. The most the *Spurs* can contribute to it is 500K. That still leaves 3 million for Scola to come up with. Where do you think he gets that money? The Make-A-Wish foundation? Wake the fuck up man.

He's made millions of dollars over the course of his career, he also can borrow against the future value of his contract. What are you his accountant? If he says he can pay it then he must be able to have a way to pay it.

Chicago needed a wing, they signed Nocioni.

That's all good except for the fact he plays PF for them.

Spurs needed front court depth, they signed Oberto with the lower level exemption at a bargain price.

$2.5 million is a bargain for Oberto but $4 million is radical overpaying for Scola? Seriously!?!

spurs_in_7
07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
the spurs don't want pay him because they are cheap, cheap, cheap SOB's.

also they don't want let him go because they know, like the FIBA viewers, what a great player he is.

Aggie Hoopsfan your basketball knowledge is indirectly proportional to your number of posts.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
He's made millions of dollars over the course of his career, he also can borrow against the future value of his contract. What are you his accountant? If he says he can pay it then he must be able to have a way to pay it.

Then why isn't he willing to come over for the minimum? Why is he asking for our entire MLE?

That's all good except for the fact he plays PF for them.

Right, PFs never play out on the perimeter at all...

$2.5 million is a bargain for Oberto but $4 million is radical overpaying for Scola? Seriously!?!

*Sigh*. I'll type this again, really slooooowly. Last year we had a need for a backup center. Due to being over the cap, we had the MLE and LLE available for our use. We used the MLE to get Finley. We had the LLE, Scola wouldn't take it, so we offered it to Oberto.

This year, we desperately need a center. As of this writing this is our center depth chart:

C: Oberto

In the case of Scola and bringing him over, this is our PF depth chart:

PF: Duncan, Horry, Bonner

Duncan + Horry + Bonner = 22.7 million in salary for 2006 and 2007. You are begging, kicking, and screaming like a little girl about the Spurs not being willing to ante up 4-4.5 million to Scola, which would make half of our salary cap tied up in the power forward position, all the while having exactly one player at center who couldn't even get off the bench for 5 minutes a game last year under contract.

Does anything about that seem smart to you? Be honest, it's okay to admit you're wrong.

You ask what the big deal deal is. The big deal is we only have one fucking center and he's 33 years old.

Spending our MLE on another PF to give this team four out of a roster of 13 when we have exactly one legit (scrub) center on board for 2006-2007 is pretty fucking stupid, wouldn't you say?

Is any of this even registering, or are you just going to babble on about what Oberto and Nocioni got from teams that needed them at their respective positions?

T Park
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM

also they don't want let him go because they know, like the FIBA viewers, what a great player he is.

Aggie Hoopsfan your basketball knowledge is indirectly proportional to your number of posts.

More brilliance.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:08 PM

The Spurs don't want to pay him because they are already paying three power forwards 22.7 million in salary this year, and don't want to add another 4.5 million for a fourth when they need a fucking center.

As for your last nappy ass comment... :lmao That you have 'Zilla's back in all this says all that we need to know about your 'basketball knowledge.'

T Park
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Me and Aggie never agree, but shit, how could you not be on the same page on this freakin issue.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
With our MLE the organization has to know we have very little chance of getting a quality center. Why not get a talented player like Scola and if you had been paying attention you would know the Spurs have said they would be looking to play Tim more at the center next year anyway. Also I said as you conveniently ignored no other team seems willing to get Scola and pay him $4 million which is shocking to me considering what Oberto, Garbajosa, and Nocioni got paid because he played better than all of them in Europe. I am not denying that people don't think he is worth $4 million only that it's amazing so many people think it's outrageous considering what these other guys got paid.

clubalien
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
you may refer to my thread titled the real reason scols isn;t signed :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
With our MLE the organization has to know we have very little chance of getting a quality center.

Funny, by most reports the Spurs are on the short list for Przybilla. Yeah, guys who put up 14 and 19, and who are in the top 10 in the league in blocked shots are the last things I think of when I think of the word 'quality'. :lol

Why not get a talented player like Scola

Because we don't need him and his skill set is not complimentary to Tim Duncan's.

Horry and Bonner? Shoot the three. Scola? Shoots the layup.

and if you had been paying attention you would know the Spurs have said they would be looking to play Tim more at the center next year anyway.

Yeah, but not 48 a night, which is what he'd be doing with our current depth at center (Oberto). This isn't hard, quit trying to make it.

Also I said as you conveniently ignored no other team seems willing to get Scola and pay him $4 million which is hocking considering what Oberto, Garbajosa, and Nocioni got paid because he played better than all of them in Europe.

Someone help me out. Are teams playing these guys to play in Europe, or to play in the USA? Last I checked, it was the NBA, and it was America. And again, each of the teams you listed had a need for said player at said position.. We have no need for an undersized PF at a position we already have covered with the best in the game (Tim Duncan, ever heard of him?).

I am not denying that people don't think he is worth $4 million only that it's amzing so many peopl think it's outrageous considering what these other guys got paid.

Again, the other guys got paid because they filled a role on their respective teams. Scola fills no role for us. If the Spurs thought that they could sign Scola for 4.5 million, slide him in at starter at PF next Tim, and be golden, they would.

But they don't, and they're not, so get the hell over it already.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Funny, by most reports the Spurs are on the short list for Przybilla. Yeah, guys who put up 14 and 19, and who are in the top 10 in the league in blocked shots are the last things I think of when I think of the word 'quality'. :lol

That's an unlikely pipe dream (I don't like him anyways) but a pipe dream still, he can get the MLE anywhere and more than that in a couple of places. Besides the Spurs aren't even waiting to see if they can get him before they tell Scola no. The Spurs chances of getting a quality center are pretty low with the MLE they must know that.

Nobody has stepped up to trade for Scola even though they know the Spurs are shopping him and he would require $4 million a year which means no one likes him that much at that price. Which surprises me because he seems very talented by all accounts. Why no one so far in the NBA wants Luis Scola for $4 million I don't understan but the again I don't have the scouting and GM resume of Aggies HoopsFan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
That's an unlikely pipe dream (I don't like him anyways) but a pipe dream still, he can get the MLE anywhere and more than that in a couple of places.

Chicago just got a center, which means it's down to which team offering the MLE is more attractive to Pryz. And you think we're a long shot? Right, he'll go to some scrub team where he can lose 60 games a year while making the MLE, instead of going to one where he has a shot at a championship while making the MLE. Good call.

Nobody has stepped up to trade for Scola even though they know the Spurs are shopping him and he would require $4 million a year which means no one likes him that much at that price. Which surprises me because he seems very talented by all accounts. Why no one so far in the NBA wants Luis Scola for $4 million I don't understan but the again I don't have the scouting and GM resume of Aggies HoopsFan.

Doesn't it ring a fucking bell anywhere in that cavern you call a brain that no NBA GM, who has vastly more resources than you or I, wants to give him that amount of money?

Just maybe, *maybe*, those NBA folks know a bit more than you. Granted there is some really dumbass NBA GMs out there, but not even the smart ones want the guy for that price.

I'm going to have to go with those guys and what they know and have access to over you 'Zilla-esque 400 posts and change expertise.

Hoy
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM

Horry did well in playoff only once in last 3 years.
And going by last year, his being the man is just wishful thinking.

Horry is now officially a member of geezer force. At this stage of his career and age, I seriously doubt he can beat out Bonner. Just another old slow guy who can't make his shots and who can't defend.

clubalien
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
and big ben and deven brown were neverndrafted

gms can make mistakes

scola won't be signed

i think we get joel
or nazr as a back up if we cannot acquire someone else in a trade

SequSpur
07-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Scola sucks.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Is childish name calling and juvenile sarcastic remarks your trademarks Aggies? Scola is generally considered one of the best players in Europe. He has better numbers and accomplishments than almost any of the players to ever come over. You don't find it shocking that nobody seems to want him here in the NBA? Wow you must be a talent evaluator of the highest level. Maybe you should apply For Marty Blake's job as Director of Scouting of the NBA.

Also your logic that Pryzbilla (who's a 25mpg player on a 21-61 team btw) might pick us (over Detroit, Memphis, Portland, New Jersey, and whoever else needs a center) means that its likely (not unlikely like I said) we will get a quality center with our MLE is brilliant. He might pick us so its likely brilliant.

SequSpur
07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Scola plays in a league slightly better than the WNBA. What's your point?

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Scola plays in a league slightly better than the WNBA. What's your point?

Very constructive argument. Impeccable logic. Not childish in any way.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Is childish name calling and juvenile sarcastic remarks your trademarks Aggies? Wow you must be a talent evaluator of the highest level. Maybe you should apply For Marty Blake's job as Director of Scouting of the NBA.

:lol You lecture me about sarcastic remarks, then throw in the Marty Blake comment? Look in the mirror asswipe.

Scola is generally considered one of the best players in Europe.

So what? Lots of 'best player in Europe' type have flopped in the NBA. I'll go with 30 GMs who think he isn't worth 4 million a year over your incessant whining over us not wanting to pay that much for our fourth string PF.

He has better numbers and accomplishments than almost any of the players to ever come over.

So what? In Europe he is one of the few who likes to play in the post in a league full of Dirk Nowitzki wannabes. Of course he's going to be successful on the low block there.

He comes here, he's an undersized PF in a league full of PFs who will go toe to toe with him no problem.

You don't find it shocking that nobody seems to want him here in the NBA?

First thing's first. We're in day 3 of free agency. Show some Pop damn patience. FA isn't over yet, pull the panties out of your ass crack and relax.

Second, it's not about mindlessly wanting a guy. It's about teams having needs, along with having the financial resources available to do address said needs. Apparently the teams that have the financial resources have higher priorities than your boy Scola. Fucking deal with it.

Also your logic that Pryzbilla (who's a 25mpg player on a 21-61 team btw) might pick us (over Detroit, Memphis, Portland, New Jersey, and whoever else needs a center) means that its likely (not unlikely like I said) we will get a quality center with our MLE is brilliant.

All of the above can only offer the MLE. Money being equal (which it's not - Texas has no state income tax), do you think a player is more likely to go to a team where he has no chance of winning (Portland, Memphis, NJ), or one where he does (like SA)?

You do realize cost of living comes into play, right? We are the only team you listed in a state with no income tax. San Antonio has a ridiculously low cost of living compared to every other city you listed. It's not rocket science.

IMO, it's down to us and Detroit for Joel, not bad for the MLE for a 'quality' big.

I don't really know what else to tell you. The Spurs NEED a center. They don't need a fourth string PF, certainly not for the full MLE. That you continue to bitch about it like a little nag is growing incredibly tiresome.

SequSpur
07-03-2006, 09:50 PM
If dude could play in the NBA, he would've been here 3 years ago.

Obviously his skills aren't all that great or the Spurs would've made sure he was in the NBA either with them or by a trade.

Actually, his value is less than a second round pick.

Scola is great in the E league, but he couldn't hang in the NBA.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Pryzbilla might pick us-so it's likely-that's still basically what you're saying.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Show me where I said likely. I said we're on his short list and that *IMO* it is between us and Detroit for his services.

Does your reading comprehension suck too?

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Show me where I said likely. I said we're on his short list and that *IMO* it is between us and Detroit for his services.

Does your reading comprehension suck too?

I said the Spurs have to know its unlikely they will get a quality center with their MLE and you rambled on for about 3,000 words showing you obviously disagreed. So then you agree it's unlikely?

Solid D
07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Channel 11 Maximum Sports Anthony Pittman tonight reported:

"reports out of Argentina tonight say the Luis Scola will not test the U.S. waters any time soon. Scola told his agent that he would make up his mind sometime this week but it appears he's set to stick around with his team in the Euroleague."

That sounds similar to what we've seen here, but it's a slightly different spin on things if Pittman is quoting a source in Argentina.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I said the Spurs have to know its unlikely they will get a quality center with their MLE and you rambled on for about 3,000 words showing you obviously disagreed. So then you agree it's unlikely?

And I pointed out that Pryz is out there for a deal starting at the MLE, which is what the Spurs are offering.

I'm not agreeing it's unlikely. I said it's down to us and Detroit, in my amateur opinion. Detroit has an inside track because Joel grew up in Milwaukee. If it's about the money, the Spurs offer is worth more due to no state income tax.

I'll take a 50-50 shot for our starting center for the next 5 years for the MLE, won't you? And it's certainly better than spending it all on a power forward that will be fourth string on the depth chart, third string at best (which is what you're still whining about).

violentkitten
07-03-2006, 10:18 PM
fuck it man duncan is already the center for half of the game why commit 30 mil to a stiff?

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
And I pointed out that Pryz is out there for a deal starting at the MLE, which is what the Spurs are offering.

I'm not agreeing it's unlikely. I said it's down to us and Detroit, in my amateur opinion. Detroit has an inside track because Joel grew up in Milwaukee. If it's about the money, the Spurs offer is worth more due to no state income tax.

I'll take a 50-50 shot for our starting center for the next 5 years for the MLE, won't you? And it's certainly better than spending it all on a power forward that will be fourth string on the depth chart, third string at best (which is what you're still whining about).

I'd take that if we could get a decent center (we disagree on Pryz) but I like Scola that's just my opinion and we told him no before we even saw if we could get a center. Either way Scola is not coming, and the Spurs don't seem to think he is that good.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Either way Scola is not coming, and the Spurs don't seem to think he is that good.

That's the first thing you've said that makes sense in this whole thread. Congrats for finally seeing the light.

violentkitten
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
fuck yeah scola isnt that good so theres one less glimmer of hope.

timvp
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
fuck yeah scola isnt that good so theres one less glimmer of hope.

:lol

:depressed

furry_spurry
07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
I have long thought that after a certain number of years that a team should not retain a player's rights.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 11:07 PM
That's the first thing you've said that makes sense in this whole thread. Congrats for finally seeing the light.

Alright Marty Blake*.

*p.s. I will get the last word so don't try me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Consider yourself tried.

Quadzilla99
07-03-2006, 11:54 PM
What was that Aggie?

rustysackelfrod
07-04-2006, 12:58 AM
I hope there wrong. I also hope that if luis scola gets traded to some other team it does not become our worst move or our undoing. Even worse the next big thing that helps the team bring many championships to his team not the spurs.