PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with michelbo ultra light

chode_regulator
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
what makes it special?

CharlieMac
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
It's the only beer I drink now. I don't do dark beers.

chode_regulator
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
ivebeen drinkking ultra amber lately as opposed to amber bock but i dont remember what the diff is suppolsed to be

exstatic
07-03-2006, 11:45 PM
M.U.L. isn't even beer, it's Barley Koolaid. :lol

NorCal510
07-04-2006, 12:01 AM
how bout the hyphy juice that shit slap

Trainwreck2100
07-04-2006, 12:17 AM
There's this girl that shops at my store and buys the shit, she's got a big ole ass. The good big, not the had big.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 01:31 AM
It's my favorite beer it tastes great matter of fact ahh damn can't buy any now on the east coast after its 2 am.

Melmart1
07-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Is this that low-carb beer? What a pussy concept- low carb beer. If you are that concerned about carbs the last thing you should be doing is drinking.

I bet people drink a shitload thinking 'ohh, it's low in carbs' then they get drunk and go pig out on pancakes at IHOP, thus eliminating any advantage they had from consuming a low-carb beer in the first place.

CharlieMac
07-04-2006, 02:32 AM
After tonight I've learned that the Falls doesnt carry Michelobe and the Mix does.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2006, 03:02 AM
god damnit wreck

leemajors
07-04-2006, 08:02 AM
it's not beer.

ObiwanGinobili
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
ivebeen drinkking ultra amber lately as opposed to amber bock but i dont remember what the diff is suppolsed to be

me too.

it taste good.

the "difference" is that you have to drink like 3x's the amount you would usually drink if you are trying to attain a beer gut.
it's like 95 cal. and 3 carbs.
and it's just about hangover free.

yummy. me likey.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
it's hangover free because it only has 4.1% alcohol. i just can't believe people drink that stuff.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 08:41 AM
it's not beer.
Cause it doesn't taste like shit?

leemajors
07-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Cause it doesn't taste like shit?

it doesn't taste like anything. i assume you like wine coolers? the american fascination with light beer and ultra light beers is beyond me. if beer is so bad for you and the cause of your weight problem don't drink it.

chode_regulator
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
first, melmart, it does give you and advantage even if you go splurge, bc its still less overall calories for the night. but thats not why i drink it. i usualy drink amber bock and nmy friend said this shit tastes good so ive bought a few 12 packs lately. and it is good

to whoever mentioned the alchohol content, who cares. its not like any american beer, from a large company, is high in alcohol anyway. and secondly alcohol still gets you drunk regardless. maybe i have to drink an extra couple of beers but oh well. and m.u.l. amber, dont know about the regular, tastes better than most other american beer like miller lite, bud light, coors light etc. and i only drink light beer bc i can drink more. the only full beer i like is budweiser and that shit fills you up so fast.

and elpimpo, get off your high horse. there is plenty of good american beers out there. dont limit yourself to just budweiser, go out and try some of the microbreweries. there s alot of good ones out there.

and lastly, i switch my beers up bc it gets old when you drink the same thing everyyday. i used to dirnk bud exclusively, then switdhed to busch, then busch light and now i drink whatever i can. trust me, drinking busch ice everyday gets old. but busch ice on monday, m.u.l. amber on tuesday, busch on wed, bud on thurs, o.e. on firday, amber bock on sat and liquor on sunday doenst get old.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 02:35 PM
first, melmart, it does give you and advantage even if you go splurge, bc its still less overall calories for the night. but thats not why i drink it. i usualy drink amber bock and nmy friend said this shit tastes good so ive bought a few 12 packs lately. and it is good

to whoever mentioned the alchohol content, who cares. its not like any american beer, from a large company, is high in alcohol anyway. and secondly alcohol still gets you drunk regardless. maybe i have to drink an extra couple of beers but oh well. and m.u.l. amber, dont know about the regular, tastes better than most other american beer like miller lite, bud light, coors light etc. and i only drink light beer bc i can drink more. the only full beer i like is budweiser and that shit fills you up so fast.

and elpimpo, get off your high horse. there is plenty of good american beers out there. dont limit yourself to just budweiser, go out and try some of the microbreweries. there s alot of good ones out there.

and lastly, i switch my beers up bc it gets old when you drink the same thing everyyday. i used to dirnk bud exclusively, then switdhed to busch, then busch light and now i drink whatever i can. trust me, drinking busch ice everyday gets old. but busch ice on monday, m.u.l. amber on tuesday, busch on wed, bud on thurs, o.e. on firday, amber bock on sat and liquor on sunday doenst get old.

i was saying you're less likely to get a hangover with a lower alcohol content. i don't drink light beer personally, and more specifically, i don't drink to get drunk anymore. i used to drink 12-18 shiner bocks a day in college (before miller bought them out and changed the recipe to make it taste like shit, haven't touched it since) and getting hammered every day isn't appealing anymore. i don't have anything against cheaper beers, i love modelo and tecate, i just can't stomach light beer. it tastes like piss and i would rather spend a little more for some quality beers like fuller's ESB, boddington's, some hacker pschorr or even some st. arnold's. i try new beers all the time, i just like to see what's out there. i'm just not looking to get fucked up every time i drink.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
they don't even have amstel light in holland. amstel only.

CharlieMac
07-05-2006, 08:55 AM
You beer snobs are stupid. "OoooOOooohh, it's not strong enough." It's fucking beer, who cares? I think only women who get a Diet Coke with their bacon-whataburger drink it because it's a low-carb beer anyways. And yeah, European beer is stronger, but it's doesn't mean people here in the states should pretend like it doesn't tatse like shit. "Oh, so much flavor and a great taste!" Yeah right.

IX_Equilibrium
07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
And yeah, European beer is stronger, but it's doesn't mean people here in the states should pretend like it doesn't tatse like shit. "Oh, so much flavor and a great taste!" Yeah right.

I drink alot of European beer for the taste. Most people here don't appreciate good beer because here you are brought up on weak, insipid beer. All I used to drink when I started drinking was Coors Light. Then I started expanding my horizons with beer after a buddy gave me a few European brands to try. I loved it. So many beers had so many different and disticnt tastes that blew me away. It wasn't the formulated, light crap that I had always known. So the alcohol content was not the reason I stopped drinking American mass-produced, mass-marketed beers.

Sportcamper
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
michelbo ultra light- Is that what the Grocery-Guy from the Thug-A Boo Cartoon sells....

leemajors
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
You beer snobs are stupid. "OoooOOooohh, it's not strong enough." It's fucking beer, who cares? I think only women who get a Diet Coke with their bacon-whataburger drink it because it's a low-carb beer anyways. And yeah, European beer is stronger, but it's doesn't mean people here in the states should pretend like it doesn't tatse like shit. "Oh, so much flavor and a great taste!" Yeah right.

no one said that. i explained what i said, that alcohol content is a factor in hangover/drunkenness, as is dehydration. european beer is better in general because they have been making it for hundreds of years. if you prefer watery light beer, more power to you, i guess. there are plenty of good us microbrews, but european beer on the whole just tastes better. you should probably just stick to boone's farm, beringer white zin and st. genevieve while you're at it too. after all, wine is just wine. why would anyone want to pay more than $5 for a bottle?

Notorious H.O.P.
07-06-2006, 12:36 AM
i used to drink 12-18 shiner bocks a day in college (before miller bought them out and changed the recipe to make it taste like shit, haven't touched it since)

Gambrinus owns Spoetzel Brewing, not Miller. Maybe you're thinking of Celis being bought out by Miller?

For my part, there is a point where you lose too much flavor and body. I love stouts, IPAs, Barleywine Style Ales, Hefe-Weizens and Belgian Ales (particularly Tripels and Quadruples). The only problem? You can't have those as your primary beers without getting sh*tfaced quickly.

Low alcohol beers are good as "session" beers but most american light lagers contain adjuncts such as rice and corn to further reduce maltiness and body. Most Euro beers are subject to purity laws (in Germany especially) and contain only the basics (water, barley, hops and yeast). I think this is part of what makes them a superior product but we produce some pretty kick ass beers here.

Sierra Nevada, Rogue, Redhook, Boston Beer Co (Sam Adams), Celis, Stone, Anchor and Flying Dog are good examples of american breweries turning out consistently kick-ass quality specialty beer.

That said, I still have fairly common Bud Light drinking sessions with friends and neighbors. But some of them are starting to come around. Ultra Light is too light though.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Miller Lite is the best beer in my opinion, taste wise...and it gets you drunk.

If you're going to get into flavory shit, try the "purple haze" by Seagram. That stuff tastes lovely...kinda girly, but I don't give a fuck. Other than that...it's all about the Jagr (spelling?) shots and then sip on some Heineken.

So in conclusion:

jagr shots > heineken > miller lite > most beers

Please_dont_ban_me
07-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Shiner Bock tastes like shit?

I don't know, I tried some at Kori's get together...it wasn't bad at all. Better than Bud Light, not quite as good as Miller Lite though.

leemajors
07-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Gambrinus owns Spoetzel Brewing, not Miller. Maybe you're thinking of Celis being bought out by Miller?

sorry, i was totally off base there. shiner did change the recipe for shiner bock somewhere around 1999, it was enough to make me quit drinking it. i was never a huge fan of celis, a lot of people here in austin are partial to celis white but i don't especially care for it. i need to go to the ginger man again soon and get my fix of stuff i can't get on tap elsewhere in town...

Notorious H.O.P.
07-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll forgive you on the Gambrinus thing if you promise not to drink any Michelob Ultra Light. :lol

When Pierre Celis first opened his brewery, the beer was excellent. My favorites where the Grand Cru, the Pale Bock, the Dubbel and the White (in that order). But Miller bought them and moved the brewing operations and it went downhill from there. Distribution was spotty and the taste wasn't the same. From what I heard, Miller gave up brewing Celis and now Michigan Brewing (could be owned by Miller or contracted to brew it though) makes it. It a lot better but they still have the same distribution problems.

For people who don't like heavy beers, don't want a heavy buzz or don't like the taste of beer at all, Michelob Ultra Light has it's place. The very light body makes it more palatable and for people that are calorie conscious, it is one of the lowest calorie beers.

It has especially good value if you're drinking it on a very hot day or plan on drinking for an extended period of time. You normally don't want to start pounding Sierra Nevadas if you're going to be working in the yard all day or spending several hours drinking out by the river especially when the Texas heat will encourage you to pick up the drinking pace.

It's also good when you want to stop off some place after work with friends/co-worker to have a couple of quick beers but don't want a noticeable buzz then you drive home or get home to the significant other.

GrandeDavid
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Is this that low-carb beer? What a pussy concept- low carb beer. If you are that concerned about carbs the last thing you should be doing is drinking.

I bet people drink a shitload thinking 'ohh, it's low in carbs' then they get drunk and go pig out on pancakes at IHOP, thus eliminating any advantage they had from consuming a low-carb beer in the first place.

:lmao

Melmart, I think you hit it on the head. Impulsive people will find a way to satisfy their carb cravings no matter what...especially if their judgment gets impaired by intoxication.

Plus there's that old problem about excessive alcohol diminishing the effectiveness of one's immune system while intoxicated and long term health hazards posed to one's liver.

leemajors
07-06-2006, 11:01 AM
:lmao

Melmart, I think you hit it on the head. Impulsive people will find a way to satisfy their carb cravings no matter what...especially if their judgment gets impaired by intoxication.

Plus there's that old problem about excessive alcohol diminishing the effectiveness of one's immune system while intoxicated and long term health hazards posed to one's liver.

i used to work at the alamo drafthouse village here in austin. a good example is a typical harry knowles order:
queso
wings, jalepeno poppers
pizza
diet coke.