PDA

View Full Version : Next Steps for Bulls

ajh18
07-04-2006, 12:25 AM
So if this Ben Wallace deal goes through, and I were the Bulls, I would immediately turn to Minnesotta and offer Tyson Chandler, the knicks #1 pick next year (after being exchanged with the Bulls'), and any two of Nocionni, Deng, Gordon, and Duhon, + whatever considerations make the deal work under the cap, for Kevin Garnett.

The Bulls will have trouble resigning all of these players down the road, and if I were Minnesotta, I'd probably agree to this. It upgrades them at three positions, and gives them two high picks in next year's deep draft. Minnesotta could potantially field a team next year of Chandler, Nocionni, Foye, Gordon, and Jaric... with two high picks coming in the following year (or some other combo of those players).

The Bulls, meanwhile, would then start Heinrich, Thabo, Deng, Garnett, and Wallace, with Tyrus Thomas, Duhon, and Khryapa off the Bench. I think they would be the favorites in the East with Miami, and Minnesotta would get to start to rebuild (and maybe even have a shot at Oden). Do you guys think this deal makes sense for both teams?

ajh18
07-04-2006, 12:28 AM
I know this would throw a wrench in the Chandler to NO deal, but I think this is mutually beneficial in more ways than that deal would be.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 12:31 AM
They get the Knicks pick next year in the draft. They could get Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, or Joakim Noah if I'm them I just dump his salary.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Oden would be worth keeping the pick, but even though Durant and Noah are younger, it's difficult to imagine either becoming the impact player Garnett is.... plus, it will take them time to develop, which the wolves would have... but getting KG would make the Bulls contenders now, and for the next five or six years.