PDA

View Full Version : Let's Look From Another Perspective

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Yeah the Pistons lost Ben, but if the Magic tank the season ala 2006 Warriors they have a chance at Joakim Noah and Greg Oden! Farfetched, but it CAN happen. Then we would be looking at:
C Oden/Noah
PF R.Wallace
SF Prince
SG Hamilton
PG Billups

Pretty sick, huh? The Pistons could possibly be back to championship form. People will be asked if you miss Ben and they will say "Ben Who?"

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Are joking? You think that the Pistons are gonna go from the best record in the NBA to the worst record because they lost Wallace? Threads like this should be wiped off the face of the planet.

Bob Lanier
07-04-2006, 12:46 AM
It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Pistons' pick next year is higher than their Magic pick. :drunk

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Are joking? You think that the Pistons are gonna go from the best record in the NBA to the worst record because they lost Wallace? Threads like this should be wiped off the face of the planet.
I didn't say the Pistons would suck like the 05-06 Warriors. I said the MAGIC! BECAUSE THEY HAVE THEIR 1ST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR! READ CAREFULLY!

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2006, 12:49 AM

It's Orlando's draft pick. He's saying Orlando would be a lottery team, win the lottery and it's #1 pick ... which is owed to Detroit for the Darko trade.

The problem though is that I beleive it is top 5 protected ... maybe noah falls around there (but i really wouldn't want him) but Oden will be taken #1.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I didn't say the Pistons would suck like the 05-06 Warriors. I said the MAGIC! BECAUSE THEY HAVE THEIR 1ST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR! READ CAREFULLY!

Still is a stupidass thread, because that isn't going to happen either. Magic are a nice team that will make the playoffs. Hell, they came on real strong at the end of last season and almost made the playoffs. What do you think they are going to do with more time together and maturing young players?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah the top 5 are protected. But still there are some major talents there and Joakim could possibly go down.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Still is a stupidass thread, because that isn't going to happen either. Magic are a nice team that will make the playoffs. Hell, they came on real strong at the end of last season and almost made the playoffs. What do you think they are going to do with more time together and maturing young players?
In bold, they said the same for the Warriors. And with the young players they will surcome to rookie mistakes and they will not make the playoffs.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 12:55 AM
You heard it hear first Piston fans, time to throw in the towel and just spend next season rooting against the Magic. But don't root too hard becaus the top 5 picks are protected, right? Sounds good, real good.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 01:06 AM
You heard it hear first Piston fans, time to throw in the towel and just spend next season rooting against the Magic. But don't root too hard becaus the top 5 picks are protected, right? Sounds good, real good.
Yet again, I did not say that Detroit will throw in the towel. If they are still championship contenders next season they can be way better with the pick and everyone will still pick them to take it all like this season. You really need to enhance your reading skills.

strangeweather
07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
They're kids who haven't learned how to play consistently yet. They're not going to be chasing a bottom-5 record or anything, but they are far from a lock from the playoffs.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Yet again, I did not say that Detroit will throw in the towel. If they are still championship contenders next season they can be way better with the pick and everyone will still pick them to take it all like this season. You really need to enhance your reading skills.

You need to enhance your posting skills and just quit making retarded threads that have no real purpose to them.

Seriously, WTF does this have to do with the Pistons losing Ben Wallace? Please tell me that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this signing has nothing to do with that draft pick. They would have gotten the same pick if they would have resigned Ben Wallace.

What does one thing have to do with the other? I'm failing to see the connection.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 01:22 AM
You need to enhance your posting skills and just quit making retarded threads that have no real purpose to them.

Seriously, WTF does this have to do with the Pistons losing Ben Wallace? Please tell me that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this signing has nothing to do with that draft pick. They would have gotten the same pick if they would have resigned Ben Wallace.

What does one thing have to do with the other? I'm failing to see the connection.
Becuase now they need a center and coincidently next year's draft has really good big men(just to let you know). And if he would have stayed they could have gotten a backup center to get rid of Cato and Davis or maybe a backup small forward such as Julian Wright or Luc Richard Mbah a Moute or Jeff Green.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Becuase now they need a center and coincidently next year's draft has really good big men(just to let you know). And if he would have stayed they could have gotten a backup center to get rid of Cato and Davis or maybe a backup small forward such as Julian Wright or Luc Richard Mbah a Moute or Jeff Green.

Nice try, but one thing has nothing to do with the other, period. They need a center, and they will find one this offseason.

I highly doubt that they are going to wait around to see if the Magic are going to tank, then hope that they get the #6 spot since that is the highest they can get, then hope that the top 5 picks pass on Oden and Noah, which they won't.

Way to look on the bright side of things, see Detroit you'll be fine.

Admit it, it is a stupid point to make in the wake of this huge signing.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Nice try, but one thing has nothing to do with the other, period. They need a center, and they will find one this offseason.

I highly doubt that they are going to wait around to see if the Magic are going to tank, then hope that they get the #6 spot since that is the highest they can get, then hope that the top 5 picks pass on Oden and Noah, which they won't.

Way to look on the bright side of things, see Detroit you'll be fine.

Admit it, it is a stupid point to make in the wake of this huge signing.

You said it yourself. They will find a center this offseason. Now they can use this pick for a backup. Spencer Hawes and maybe even Josh McRoberts. Then they can let go of Davis and Cato whom I think put together make up these two big men I mentioned. And off to being a championship contender they go.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:38 AM
You said it yourself. They will find a center this offseason. Now they can use this pick for a backup. Spencer Hawes and maybe even Josh McRoberts. Then they can let go of Davis and Cato whom I think put together make up these two big men I mentioned. And off to being a championship contender they go.

I have a hunch that wasn't the point you were trying to make at the beginning of this thread. Was this worth a thread? I think you could have added that to one of the other very active Ben Wallace threads.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 01:45 AM
I have a hunch that wasn't the point you were trying to make at the beginning of this thread. Was this worth a thread? I think you could have added that to one of the other very active Ben Wallace threads.
If the Magic are knocked out of the playoffs the Pistons get a high-value player. Then they fill the center problem. And if they get knocked out badly they can get Noah or Oden to fill it up even better. So then if they get przybilla or mohammed plus their new guy they will no longer have a problem at the center position. The whole point of this thread is to show how the Pistons can fix their center problem. And I used the best possibility of what can happen with Noah and Oden. And then there is the second best possibility by mcroberts and spencer hawes. Then by the time that next year's draft is done they can forget all about their center needs.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 09:45 AM
THEY'RE NOT GETTING FUCKING ODEN. This thread IS retarded, because not only do you have them getting Oden, you show Noah in the same depth chart! Stop masturbating to SLAM magazine, post less, READ more and you might learn a few things about the collective bargaining agrrement, protected picks, and realistic trade and draft scenarios.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
He was saying Oden or Noah whoever they get and they will most likely get a very good player in next year's draft as it is shaping up to be one of the best ever. I don't think the Magic will make the playoffs next year so imo they'll get a good pick.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
He was saying Oden or Noah whoever they get and they will most likely get a very good player in next year's draft as it is shaping up to be one of the best ever. I don't think the Magic will make the playoffs next year so imo they'll get a good pick.

And they wouldn't have gotten as good of a player if they would have resigned Wallace? Are you people taking crazy pills? You actually see the connection between this resigning and this draft pick?

Don't encourage stupid threads like this, he's already trigger-happy with new topic button.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 11:08 AM
And they wouldn't have gotten as good of a player if they would have resigned Wallace? Are you people taking crazy pills? You actually see the connection between this resigning and this draft pick?

Don't encourage stupid threads like this, he's already trigger-happy with new topic button.

He never, ever said there was a connection he was just starting a thread to show Pistons fans that it might not end up being as bad as it looks now that's all. Jesus settle down.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 12:25 PM
He never, ever said there was a connection he was just starting a thread to show Pistons fans that it might not end up being as bad as it looks now that's all. Jesus settle down.

Just a little comforting between a few circle club members. Why couldn't this have been said in one of the other 5 Ben Wallace threads?

Starting a new thread to make a point that easily could and should be added to an existing thread is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Below is a link to a little posting tutorial.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php