PDA

View Full Version : NOW is the time for believe...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I love the 'believe' concept although I thought it was a little silly against Dallas given that all we need to do was actually play our game rather than theirs, but that's now a moot point...

Where am I going with this? I see a lot of people around here groaning and moaning about how screwed we are and how it's the end of the world, and I'd like to point out that if you believe in believe, then believe in our front office! When have they let us down over the last 5 years? (Oh, and Rasho doesn't count, at the time most people were happy we got him.)

Seriously:
1. the whole league knows SA is a great destination because they are playing for an all-pro, contending franchise that looks after its players and is worshipped by its city,
2. Pop has been quoted by various sources as the coach most respected by players league-wide,
3. Pop always has a plan in the offseason and very few people have any clue what he is doing until he decides to release the info, and,
4. We have TIM DUNCAN, MANU GINOBILI and TONY PARKER!!! Most fans would salivate over that alone! And that's ignoring BRUCE and MIKEY FIN who are two excellent supporting players. (I'm also intrigued by Javtokas' athleticism and hustle, although I understand that he may not pan out.)

We are not in dire straights, the sky is not falling, and I guarantee you, POP HAS A PLAN. We just have to wait a while to find out what it is.

:smokin

rustysackelfrod
07-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Believe in our Big 3 in our coach and Robert Horry. we can win. All we need is a good not great but good center and a solid PG backup.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2006, 02:16 AM
...and I have no doubt that the front office will dig up some gems for us as they always do.

Not sure Horry has too much left in the tank, but that doesn't worry me either.

The people around here who think it's all over because we haven't locked up a big name (and won't this offseason) fail to understand their team. We'll get a few nice complimentary players and contend once again.

I actually REALLY LIKE Eric Williams - he's a beast of a hustle player, a real spark plug, or at least he was when he was with Jersey, and he's also a solid community guy. He's the second coming of Malik Rose with less proclivity for bad jumpshots. Good acquisition for a year.

timvp
07-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I believe in the front office.

I don't believe that Holt will allow them to spend what is necessary to improve.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Mmmmm, yes, that is a stumbling block. But I can't see why he'd be worried about cash when we keep dumping bad contracts like Malik and Rasho so successfully, and Timmy and Manu have maybe 3 years at their peak left. I would have thought winning now was the overwhelming priority of our club at this point.

How much do the Spurs net each year? Anyone got some profit figures for the last few years?

kris
07-04-2006, 02:26 AM
I love the 'believe' concept although I thought it was a little silly against Dallas given that all we need to do was actually play our game rather than theirs, but that's now a moot point...

Where am I going with this? I see a lot of people around here groaning and moaning about how screwed we are and how it's the end of the world, and I'd like to point out that if you believe in believe, then believe in our front office! When have they let us down over the last 5 years? (Oh, and Rasho doesn't count, at the time most people were happy we got him.)

Seriously:
1. the whole league knows SA is a great destination because they are playing for an all-pro, contending franchise that looks after its players and is worshipped by its city,
2. Pop has been quoted by various sources as the coach most respected by players league-wide,
3. Pop always has a plan in the offseason and very few people have any clue what he is doing until he decides to release the info, and,
4. We have TIM DUNCAN, MANU GINOBILI and TONY PARKER!!! Most fans would salivate over that alone! And that's ignoring BRUCE and MIKEY FIN who are two excellent supporting players. (I'm also intrigued by Javtokas' athleticism and hustle, although I understand that he may not pan out.)

We are not in dire straights, the sky is not falling, and I guarantee you, POP HAS A PLAN. We just have to wait a while to find out what it is.

:smokin

Yeah Spurs are a nice team and that's all well and good, but if the front office doesn't add any players that can make a difference, the Spurs are wasting Tim Duncan's prime.

Right now, the Spurs aren't a finals team. Conference finals - probably.

kris
07-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Mmmmm, yes, that is a stumbling block. But I can't see why he'd be worried about cash when we keep dumping bad contracts like Malik and Rasho so successfully, and Timmy and Manu have maybe 3 years at their peak left. I would have thought winning now was the overwhelming priority of our club at this point.

How much do the Spurs net each year? Anyone got some profit figures for the last few years?

Need to worry about luxury tax. It's not only the bad contracts, but the good ones too.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Hey Kris, how are you bro? I look forward to one day eating Taco Cabana with you again sir! :D

As for your comments, sure, but weren't we marginally over the lux cap last year? We've dumped Rasho's millstone, surely we're now in a better long-term cap situation?

I want to see the Spurs' profit/loss statement.

Mr. Body
07-04-2006, 03:03 AM
What's crazy is the FO saves Holt&Co. a bunch of money with dumping Malik and then Nesterovic, then isn't willing to spend a little of that extra money by going slightly over the Luxury Tax Cap.

Tight fisted hurts. I'm glad we got 3 championships out of it so far, at least.

SA Gunslinger
07-04-2006, 04:34 AM
I believe in the front office.

I don't believe that Holt will allow them to spend what is necessary to improve.

:lol

What was that term called? The Holting pattern?