PDA

View Full Version : shareef abdur-rahim

silk
07-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Do you think he's available via a sign and trade?

exstatic
07-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Vomit.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 10:36 AM
No thanks. It took Ron Artest and Bonzi in a contract year to end SAR's no-playoffs streak.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Vomit.

Thanks for adding that, you bring a lot to the table.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for adding that, you bring a lot to the table.
It's a whole lot more useful to the thread than being a smartass. What exactly does "Thanks for adding that, you bring a lot to the table" for the third or fourth time add to the conversation? And who elected you fucking hall monitor of the posts all of a sudden? :lol

Mr. Body
07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
He's likely not available. If he were, the Spurs would take a look, I'm sure.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 10:40 AM
It's a whole lot more useful to the thread than being a smartass. What exactly does "Thanks for adding that, you bring a lot to the table" for the third or fourth time add to the conversation? And who elected you fucking hall monitor of the posts all of a sudden? :lol

I elected myself. I wouldn't want Abdur Raheem either he is not a good defender and lacks athleticism.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I elected myself. I wouldn't want Abdur Raheem either he is not a good defender and lacks athleticism.
Good take. Throw in the fact that his teams never win and one might choose to sum up with the word "vomit".

exstatic
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I just said it in one word. Sometimes, a little is a lot.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Good take. Throw in the fact that his teams never win and one might choose to sum up with the word "vomit".

And that is SAR's fault that he's been on terrible teams his whole career? If you watched him play this year, you would realize that he is a great asset and not a liability like you are making him out to be. If he's the 3rd or 4th scoring option, then your team is doing alright.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
And that is SAR's fault that he's been on terrible teams his whole career? If you watched him play this year, you would realize that he is a great asset and not a liability like you are making him out to be. If he's the 3rd or 4th scoring option, then your team is doing alright.
The problem is, once guys get a MAX deal, they never want to be PAID like a 3rd or 4th option. They sulk. SARs also plays no defense.

And, yes, it is his fault. If you're a MAX guy, you're supposed to elevate the games of the players around you.

MI21
07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Abdur Rahim would be killer offensively on this team off the bench. KILLER.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
The problem is, once guys get a MAX deal, they never want to be PAID like a 3rd or 4th option. They sulk. SARs also plays no defense.

And, yes, it is his fault. If you're a MAX guy, you're supposed to elevate the games of the players around you.Well, he's an MLE guy now....

exstatic
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Why are we discussing SARs? He's not even a fucking FA!!! He's signed with Sacto thru '10.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:13 PM

And, yes, it is his fault. If you're a MAX guy, you're supposed to elevate the games of the players around you.

WTF are you talking about? What are you talking about a max deal for? He plays for the MLE, so you think he's pouting because he once was overpaid and now he is underpaid? I always thought it was an advantage to have underpaid talent or good value on your payroll, but if you know something that I don't please let me know.

To me it shows that he really cares about winning, he took a pay cut to get on a team that he knew would get him to the playoffs. He is nothing but a team player, he has no ego and is willing to play whatever role is best for the team. He lost his starting spot to Kenny Thomas after he broke his jaw, a guy that has an ego and is very concerned about starting, and SAR didn't complain once.

He didn't sulk one iota this season, he played his balls off. He isn't a bad defender either, if you actually watched him then you would know that he is undoubtedly an adaquete defender.

It's his fault that Vancouver gave him a ridiculous contract? Not one bit, like you would turn down a huge contract even though you weren't worth it. Just because somebody was stupid enough to offer him a huge deal, doesn't make it his fault he doesn't have the ability to live up to his salary. Point is he certainly is living up to his salary these days for the Kings, and then some. Anybody that wouldn't want SAR for the MLE doesn't know WTF they are talking about.

Slinkyman
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
so after reading this thread and others i see that someone of you think that Pollard>SAR? wow, thanks for the insight.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
WTF are you talking about? What are you talking about a max deal for? He plays for the MLE, so you think he's pouting because he once was overpaid and now he is underpaid? I always thought it was an advantage to have underpaid talent or good value on your payroll, but if you know something that I don't please let me know.

To me it shows that he really cares about winning, he took a pay cut to get on a team that he knew would get him to the playoffs. He is nothing but a team player, he has no ego and is willing to play whatever role is best for the team. He lost his starting spot to Kenny Thomas after he broke his jaw, a guy that has an ego and is very concerned about starting, and SAR didn't complain once.

He didn't sulk one iota this season, he played his balls off. He isn't a bad defender either, if you actually watched him then you would know that he is undoubtedly an adaquete defender.

It's his fault that Vancouver gave him a ridiculous contract? Not one bit, like you would turn down a huge contract even though you weren't worth it. Just because somebody was stupid enough to offer him a huge deal, doesn't make it his fault he doesn't have the ability to live up to his salary. Point is he certainly is living up to his salary these days for the Kings, and then some. Anybody that wouldn't want SAR for the MLE doesn't know WTF they are talking about.

he just isn't what we need. it would be a nice addition for the bench but i would like to see a more defensive minded rebounder than a skilled post scorer like rahim. it would be nice to have him on the team so he would stop scoring on duncan. he does tend to pick up fouls pretty quickly though, which can be frustrating when he is hot.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
He

is

not

available.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:23 PM
He

is

not

available.

That should have been your point in the first place, not that he sucks because he's never been on a playoff team untill this year or that he's sulking because of his contract.

He doesn't suck and he's a great pickup for the MLE. He's not a bad defender and he's a great team player.

kris
07-04-2006, 01:27 PM
He defended Duncan pretty well in the first round.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
thread starter did say sign and trade....with nazr????http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wakeup.gif
Actually, he said nothing about Nazr. He said "sign and trade" which could mean anything, but in the context of this thread (SARs) it could be taken to mean Sacto signing and trading him.

I'm done with this. He a decent one way bench player who's not available.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Until he fouled out, he did okay.

silk
07-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I actually started the thread wit sign and trade quote. Besides it's just food for thought . It happens i like this player a lot ans i as jus wondering what would it take to get him and how would he do. So don't get too warm about this little mind game
:fro

Spurologist
07-04-2006, 04:20 PM

So that's what an obstructed view is.

This thread blows.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM

This thread blows.
SequClone forum

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
He may not be a stellar defender, but check out the PER when he plays against Duncan.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM

This thread blows.
Just pissed because I own you forum.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 09:12 PM

You're kidding right? Duncan shot 61.8% in that series. He got whatever he wanted.

He may not be a stellar defender, but check out the PER when he plays against Duncan.

PER is not going to catch on. You and that stat inventing dork Hollinger can go play dungeons & dragons in your mom's basement with the rest of the stat geeks.

Spurologist
07-04-2006, 09:28 PM

How so? Since you are a mad F bomber, you might want to lay one down now.

Just think about it. You points will actually be better if you start dropping F bombs. I mean 100% better. Just something to think about

RON ARTEST
07-04-2006, 09:47 PM
why are these threads even being discussed? SAR and bonzi arent going to the spurs becuase the spurs have nothing we would want at all.

RON ARTEST
07-04-2006, 09:48 PM
:rolleyes

RON ARTEST
07-04-2006, 09:59 PM
No thanks. It took Ron Artest and Bonzi in a contract year to end SAR's no-playoffs streak.
thats becuase pejas soft ass was playing soft and uninspired basketball. you know damn well if we had artest the whole year we would have been a top 5 team. SAR isnt a superstar so how the hell can he be blamed for a team not doing well in the first fucking half of the season? do you only watch the spurs or what? shareef was our most consistent player besides bonzi in our first half of the season and if it wasnt for him it wouldnt matter if artest got here becuase we would miss the playoffs with peja playing like crap as usual. SAR is nothing but a team player, he played with his mouth wired shut for two or three weeks and came off the bench the rest of the year when he could have started if he wanted to. but it doesnt matter becuase as soon as we move that bum kenny thomas shareef will start for sure and get the playing time he deserves, not to mention he took less money to come here because he knew he would make the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:36 AM
thats becuase pejas soft ass was playing soft and uninspired basketball. you know damn well if we had artest the whole year we would have been a top 5 team. SAR isnt a superstar so how the hell can he be blamed for a team not doing well in the first fucking half of the season? do you only watch the spurs or what? shareef was our most consistent player besides bonzi in our first half of the season and if it wasnt for him it wouldnt matter if artest got here becuase we would miss the playoffs with peja playing like crap as usual. SAR is nothing but a team player, he played with his mouth wired shut for two or three weeks and came off the bench the rest of the year when he could have started if he wanted to. but it doesnt matter becuase as soon as we move that bum kenny thomas shareef will start for sure and get the playing time he deserves, not to mention he took less money to come here because he knew he would make the playoffs.
So basically SAR is so great that he can't beat out a bum for the starting spot. Convincing.