PDA

View Full Version : The Bulls Mascot Attacks a Cop

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 11:10 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0704/nba_g_bennie_275.jpg
CHICAGO -- A Chicago Bulls mascot dressed in a bright red costume was charged with attacking an off-duty officer after driving a mini-motorcycle through an outdoor festival.

Barry Anderson, the Benny the Bull mascot, was charged with misdemeanor battery and driving within a parkway. The 26-year-old man is accused of throwing a punch at the sheriff's deputy, knocking off his glasses and breaking his watch.

Anderson was riding the motorcycle through the festival without a permit Sunday, Police Capt. James Knightly said. When the off-duty officer, who was working security, tried to stop him, Anderson ran, police said. The officer chased and caught him.

"It would be premature to make any comment at this point until all the information is gathered," Bulls spokesman Tim Hallam said.

Veronica Resa, a spokeswoman with the Mayor's Office of Special Events, said Anderson was entertaining people at the Taste of Chicago festival.

"We always love working with the Chicago Bulls and we know that what happened was not their fault," Resa said.

Anderson's costume was returned to the United Center after his arrest, police said.

In 2005, another Bulls mascot, Da Bull, was sentenced to probation for 1½ years for possession of cannabis with intent to deliver.
-ESPN

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
They need to get the Donald to give this guy his job evaluation. You know the line.

Phil Hellmuth
07-04-2006, 11:22 AM
it was ben wallace.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
it was ben wallace.
:lol

beirmeistr
07-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I tell you. The Bulls are going to be more aggressive this coming season.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I tell you. The Bulls are going to be more aggressive this coming season.

im worried more with the 2007 draft, knicks still own them a first round pick, i dunno if its top3-10 protected, but if they land the first pick and draft oden, :( the bulls are set. Lets hope oden stays in college for 4 years :D or wait till spurs tank and he declares.

rayray2k8
07-04-2006, 12:23 PM
What do you expect from a bully?

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 07:30 PM
im worried more with the 2007 draft, knicks still own them a first round pick, i dunno if its top3-10 protected, but if they land the first pick and draft oden, :( the bulls are set. Lets hope oden stays in college for 4 years :D or wait till spurs tank and he declares.

It's not protected the Knicks trade for Curry could end up being one of the worst ever.

SA Gunslinger
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
The Bulls mascot has more street cred than Eminem.