PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi Wells?

texbound
07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
If Detroit signs Joel, that takes them out of the running for his services. I know Sac has an offer on the table, but could the Spurs offer him a deal? Would they even be interested? Of course, where do you play him? Ahead of Bowen? probably not. Ahead of Manu? No way. At the PF position? Talk about small ball. Anyway, just a thought.

coachmac87
07-04-2006, 01:32 PM
no way he comes here...after what he did in the playoffs...he sees himself as a starter...and he woouldnt start being in sa...not a good fit for both

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 01:34 PM
To quote someone from another thread: Vomit.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:46 PM
To quote someone from another thread: Vomit.

Bonzi and SAR are both better than anybody that the Spurs will land this summer. It's amusing how you thumb your nose up at players that are better than players you can even hope to land.

Slinkyman
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Bonzi and SAR are both better than anybody that the Spurs will land this summer. It's amusing how you thumb your nose up at players that are better than players you can even hope to land.

Pollard is better then Wells and SAR

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Annoying whining bitch, who has occasional big games.

When shit's not going right, he's a pain to be around. Don't pick him up.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Pollard is better then Wells and SAR

Yeah, a better cheerleader in street clothes or maybe a better waterboy, but that's about it.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, let's see how you feel after your team gives him a contract and he goes back to the guy who doesn't give any effort and disrupts the locker room. I'm well aware that Wells has talent. The two other teams that have given up on him thought he had talent, too. Better is a relative term. I wouldn't want him on my fucking team, especially for what it would require to get him.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, let's see how you feel after your team gives him a contract and he goes back to the guy who doesn't give any effort and disrupts the locker room. I'm well aware that Wells has talent. The two other teams that have given up on him thought he had talent, too. Better is a relative term. I wouldn't want him on my fucking team, especially for what it would require to get him.

I'll take Bonzi at 7-8 mil anyday over Barry for 5+ mil.

BTW, what about SAR? Is he a disruption too?

Leetonidas
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't take Bonzi Wells. After what's happend in Portland and Memphis, I really hope he succeeds in Sacramento because he's got a lot of talent but no work ethic and he's very tempermental.

But Shareef is a good guy.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Shareef has never had the same questions Bonzi always gets.

He plays hard, he doesn't bitch...he's not a locker-room problem. I don't see where teh comparison is.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Shareef has never had the same questions Bonzi always gets.

He plays hard, he doesn't bitch...he's not a locker-room problem. I don't see where teh comparison is.

Because, Obstructed View was bashing SAR in a different thread earlier.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45349

atxrocker
07-04-2006, 02:22 PM
spurs fans are still bitter about 23/12.. take their comments with a grain of salt in regards to bonzi.

Leetonidas
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
spurs fans are still bitter about 23/12.. take their comments with a grain of salt in regards to bonzi.

I don't see how anyone could be bitter over a team we beat. That's just silly. Bonzi has a history of being headcase and it's fact.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
spurs fans are angry at how well bonzi wells played in the series his team lost to the spurs

Angry?

We have no issues going after players who have killed us in the past. See: Malone/Horry.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I doubt the Spurs front office would entertain signing a player who called one white player a "cracker" and intetionally spit on another (Ferry) during a game with the Spurs. Just a hunch.

texbound
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I doubt the Spurs front office would entertain signing a player who called one white player a "cracker" and intetionally spit on another (Ferry) during a game with the Spurs. Just a hunch.

Well, the spurs did have interest in Spreewell a couple of years ago, who incidentally choked a coach (PJ) that just happens to be sitting on the Spurs bench. Just a fact.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Cracker isn't that big of a deal.

Also, we went after Malone...and he knocked DRob unconcious with an elbow.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, the spurs did have interest in Spreewell a couple of years ago, who incidentally choked a coach (PJ) that just happens to be sitting on the Spurs bench. Just a fact.
Well, there were rumors to that effect. I would have to assume that Pop knew him very well. I don't think there is that kind of advocate on the Spurs for Psycho Bonzi.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM

To you maybe. I consider a black person calling a white person "cracker" the same as a white person calling a black person "######". It ain't very fucking polite.

Had we signed Malone, I would have checked out for the duration of his tenure in Silver and Black. The fucking happiest moment of my Spurs fandom was seeing the Spurs celebrate on the SBC floor without Warm Karl.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 03:43 PM
To you maybe. I consider a black person calling a white person "cracker" the same as a white person calling a black person "######". It ain't very fucking polite.

Had we signed Malone, I would have checked out for the duration of his tenure in Silver and Black. The fucking happiest moment of my Spurs fandom was seeing the Spurs celebrate on the SBC floor without Warm Karl.

Cracker isn't nearly as offensive as ######. In my opinion.

If you call a black person a ######, you will likely get your ass kicked. If you call a white guy a cracker, he'll likely laugh it off...even if he doesn't laugh it off I doubt he would the same reaction a black guy would have to being called the n' word.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 03:48 PM
i prefer being called cracker, whitebread or clearwater personally.

SPARKY
07-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Hmmm...signing Wells or signing nobody this summer. You decide.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
If I had a penny for every time I was called a sand ######....I'd have a nickle. Almost.

SPARKY
07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Let's see, perimeter oriented player who doesn't mind taking it inside and hitting the glass. There are worse things.

texbound
07-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Honestly, the only problem I see is where do you put him? I'm sure he would want a starting job. I can't see replacing Manu with him. I know Bowen is getting older, but he's still a defensive presence.

texbound
07-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Let's see, perimeter oriented player who doesn't mind taking it inside and hitting the glass. There are worse things.

Like a C that bumbles passes away and a C that shots 2 ft jump hooks with no one in front of him.

leemajors
07-04-2006, 04:25 PM
If I had a penny for every time I was called a sand ######....I'd have a nickle. Almost.

what about a nickel?

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Because, Obstructed View was bashing SAR in a different thread earlier.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45349
Yeah, because he fucking fails to actually improve any team until he leaves it.

Hmmm...signing Wells or signing nobody this summer. You decide.
Okay. Nobody it is.

bdictjames
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah Bonzi's got talent.. have you seen his circus shot through Duncan? But Bowen's hopefully gonna stay here in SA, I wouldn't trade him for anyone

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 08:24 PM
what about a nickel?

That too.

DirkAB
07-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah, because he fucking fails to actually improve any team until he leaves it.

Accept Sacramento, and the Trailblazers before they exploded.

SPARKY
07-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Hmmm...guy who can score, shoot the 3, hit the glass, muscle up inside....not perfect, but at this point...

ducks
07-07-2006, 09:37 AM
FREE-AGENT UPDATE: A source said Sacramento has offered Kings free-agent guard Bonzi Wells a five-year contract worth about $36 million, but Wells, who made $8 million last season, wants more. The Nuggets are interested in Wells but can't offer more than a five-year, $30 million deal.

Michael Higgins, agent for Minnesota Timberwolves free-agent guard Marcus Banks, said Nuggets director of player personnel Mark Warkentien has called about his client but mainly just to touch base. Higgins said it's most likely Banks, primarily a point guard, will return to the Timberwolves.

"I've heard their name a couple of times," Banks said of the Nuggets. "Who knows? I can play the combo (guard)."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4827846,00.html

ducks
07-24-2006, 08:08 PM
salmons this took kings full mle

SenorSpur
07-24-2006, 09:50 PM
FREE-AGENT UPDATE: A source said Sacramento has offered Kings free-agent guard Bonzi Wells a five-year contract worth about $36 million, but Wells, who made $8 million last season, wants more. The Nuggets are interested in Wells but can't offer more than a five-year, $30 million deal.

Michael Higgins, agent for Minnesota Timberwolves free-agent guard Marcus Banks, said Nuggets director of player personnel Mark Warkentien has called about his client but mainly just to touch base. Higgins said it's most likely Banks, primarily a point guard, will return to the Timberwolves.

"I've heard their name a couple of times," Banks said of the Nuggets. "Who knows? I can play the combo (guard)."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4827846,00.html

I'm afraid Bonzi and his agent may have underestimated the market. He now looks every bit as much of a "dumb ass" as Latrell Sprewell. He'll regret his decision of turning down this lucrative offer from the Kings.

ducks
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
The Bee also reported that the signing of Salmons means the Kings will not re-sign free agent swingman Bonzi Wells. The Kings reportedly offered Wells $36 million over five years at the outset of the negotiating period earlier this month.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=kingssalmons&prov=st&type=lgns

SenorSpur
07-24-2006, 10:54 PM
The Bee also reported that the signing of Salmons means the Kings will not re-sign free agent swingman Bonzi Wells. The Kings reportedly offered Wells $36 million over five years at the outset of the negotiating period earlier this month.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=kingssalmons&prov=st&type=lgns

Maybe he felt he couldn't feed his family off $36 mil.

Kings will be worse off for it.

Fabbs
07-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Wells for a one year contract would be sweet.
Long term contract his history makes him avoidable. Rep he has earned thru his actions, not Spurs or any other NBA teams fault.

SpursWillOwn
07-24-2006, 11:08 PM
why are people talkin about bruce's age.. his conditioning is unbelievable there's at least 5 more years of game in him

RON ARTEST
07-25-2006, 05:24 AM
i just read the sac bee and they said that wells and the kings are still talking and they will try a sign and trade.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2006, 08:52 AM
I lost respect for bonzi when he spit in Danny Ferry's face. I think the guy is a good player but he seems to be an 'I' guy in a team sport.

SenorSpur
07-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Make no mistake. I love Bonzi's talent, versatility and ability. His cocky, self-assured confidence would give the Spurs even more of a swagger. Although, he's not the young, athletic wing player that I'd hoped the Spurs would go after. Plus if he turned down a $36mil offer, there's no way the Spurs could afford him even for 1 year.

Obstructed_View
07-25-2006, 09:20 AM
why are people talkin about bruce's age.. his conditioning is unbelievable there's at least 5 more years of game in him
That's completely unrealistic, especially for a guy that makes his living by having quick feet.

MoSpur
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I think he played the way he played in the playoffs for a contract. He has a load of talent, but has an attitude problem.

SpursWillOwn
07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
That's completely unrealistic, especially for a guy that makes his living by having quick feet.
okay 3 years? :drunk

TheSanityAnnex
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Maybe he felt he couldn't feed his family off $36 mil.

Kings will be worse off for it.Kings will be better off 2 years from now without that lug of a contract.

SenorSpur
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I think he played the way he played in the playoffs for a contract. He has a load of talent, but has an attitude problem.

Forgot about that. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I think he played the way he played in the playoffs for a contract. He has a load of talent, but has an attitude problem.Bonzi showed no problems while in Sac.

to21
07-25-2006, 10:19 AM

And he hit on a player's wife when he was with the lakers. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-25-2006, 10:25 AM
The Spurs need to get a wing who can rebound, but at that price this ain't the guy.

Slinkyman
07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Kings will be better off 2 years from now without that lug of a contract.

In 2 years Artest will be a free agent and he'll demand max money, probably will get it from someone mostly likely not the kings. Also if Salmons doesn't improve from his 7ppg he'll be much more of a burden then bonzi ever would.

Also, if Pop and Co. really liked Elson and Butler so much because the big games they had against the spurs i wonder how they feel about wells who was a monster in that series in the playoffs.

TheSanityAnnex
07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
In 2 years Artest will be a free agent and he'll demand max money, probably will get it from someone mostly likely not the kings. Also if Salmons doesn't improve from his 7ppg he'll be much more of a burden then bonzi ever would.
In 2 years Artest will be a free agent and now the Kings will surely have the money to pay him. Wells' contract would have made things difficult at that time due to Martin's and Artest's contracts coming up. Did you think this post through? His 7ppg were on 20 mins behind A.I. and Webb. Ballhogs #2 and #3 in the league. His stats will go up because he will see the ball.

Spurs rock
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM

Bitter about what? Beating the Kings? :p

RON ARTEST
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Bitter about what? Beating the Kings? :p
:lol