PDA

View Full Version : Przybilla staying in Portland

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
More to follow...

SPARKY
07-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Time to find all the rebounding inclined athletic 4s.

kolko
Where did you hear it?

exstatic
Tease.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-04-2006, 03:51 PM
fuck

SPARKY
07-04-2006, 03:52 PM
No surprise. If the Spurs are going to add talent it will be via trade.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Tease.
ESPN

dz94
07-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Rick Bucher announced on ESPNews just a short while ago

rayray2k8
07-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Well..
I guess that about does it.

George Gervin's Afro
07-04-2006, 03:56 PM
it's going to be ok .... :stirpot:

SA210
07-04-2006, 03:56 PM
:pctoss

itzsoweezee
07-04-2006, 03:57 PM
i saw that coming

King
07-04-2006, 03:57 PM
I'd rather look for a trade than overpay for just somebody.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't see it officially anywhere that he's staying in Portland, but it looks like the Spurs offered him 4 years/$24M compared to Portland's 5 years.

Just got word that the Detroit Pistons have signed free agent center Nazr Mohammed to a four-year deal at the midlevel exception, effectively ending any chance of Blazers center Joel Przybilla going to Detroit.

Przybilla is still expected to make a decision today, and it is believed to be contemplating between the Blazers, who have offered a five-year, $30 million deal; San Antonio, who offered four years and about $24 million; and perhaps Cleveland (just got word that Sacramento is now out of the picture).

That's good news for the Blazers ...

Quick

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Faak.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 03:59 PM
There are a lot of RFAs. When those players get an offer from another team, that team may be looking to clear salary during the 7 day period allowed for the offer match. Bargains can be had at such times.

td4mvp21
I hope this isn't true. Who else are we going to get?!?

exstatic
Nazr's gone? Addition by subtraction...

sa_butta
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
WTF will we do for a big man now.

TheTruth
07-04-2006, 04:02 PM
You guys act like Pryzbilla is the man. he's a servicable 5 that can block shots. We didn't need to go out and overpay another big after we just got finished ridding ourselves of one.

SpursTEX41
07-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Someone just shit on the coats!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Oden or bust.

itzsoweezee
You guys act like Pryzbilla is the man. he's a servicable 5 that can block shots. We didn't need to go out and overpay another big after we just got finished ridding ourselves of one.

$6/yr is not overpaying for pryzbilla. he's a good player at a position where there aren't many good players. he's worth that type of money.

koopa
hopefully it's true, f'k getting a younger rasho

spurschick
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
On ESPNews? I've been watching ESPNews and they haven't mentioned anything about that.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 04:06 PM
We do't need to get anyone else. It amazes me how freaked out people are all of a sudden over us "not having a center". Many people (including at ESPN) thought Oberto would be starting by midway through last season anyway before the season began. It is not hard to picture Jav and Oberto, given the same minutes as Nazr and Rasho, putting up virtually the same stats. We might lose some interior defense, and will probably pick up some ball movement. Not a huge deal either way. We didn't have a consistent low post scorer last year (from the center position), and despite people thinking Nazr was a good rebounder, it didnt help us when we decided to go small anyway. We still won't have a good low post scorer, and we'll lose out on some rebounding from the center spot, but we'll get more hustle, and more mobility. Remember, a player won't perform unless they get time to play, real game time... and now Javtokas and Oberto will get that chance.

picnroll
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Better to let him go than have to give up a draft pick a couple of years from now tp dump him.

timvp
07-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Spurs lowball Przybilla by $6M. :lmao

This is like watching someone haggle at a flea market.

GMAB.

:rolleyes

timvp
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Either offer Przbyilla a contract that would lure him to San Antonio or go after someone better (Evans, Ariza). What they are doing now will just ensure that they don't get anyone out there and Holt gets to buy a new vacation home.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Did Bucher even say that it's official that Przy is staying in Portland?

If he did, it's odd that's not on ESPN.com.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Spurs front office :bang

Mr. Body
07-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Bucher might simply have his facts wrong and/or done the usual ESPN forgetting about the Spurs.

Spurologist
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Fuck
U
C
K

leemajors
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Spurs front office :bang

yeah, spurs fans have it real bad.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/blazersoregonian/

Sii
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
The Pistons didnt even offer Przy what Portland did (per oregonlive)..why should the Spurs have offered the full 30 million?

RogerIsEatingASandwich
Reggie Evans anybody?

Aggie Hoopsfan
We do't need to get anyone else. It amazes me how freaked out people are all of a sudden over us "not having a center". Many people (including at ESPN) thought Oberto would be starting by midway through last season anyway before the season began.

Many people are idiots (including ESPN).

We didn't have a consistent low post scorer last year (from the center position)

We haven't had a consistent low post scorer since the day we drafted Tim Duncan. We need someone to rebound and block shots and play good D. If you think Javtokas, Oberto, and 86 year old Robert Horry are the answer to that equation, just go ahead and put down the keyboard now.

SA210
Tuesday, July 04, 2006

BLAZERS KEEP PRZYBILLA
Joel Przybilla is staying in Portland.

Team president Steve Patterson just confirmed the team has received an oral committment from Przybilla, continuing the positive momentum the team generated at last week's draft.

"It's been a good couple of weeks,'' Patterson said. "A good couple of weeks.''

Also, Patterson said he signed first-round picks LaMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy to contracts today. The two will sign the contracts at 4 p.m. at the team's hotel in Lake Tahoe, where they are training in preparation for Thursday's Summer League in Las Vegas.

Patterson had to confer with Blazers legal counsel regarding the Przybilla issue, so I will have more details after I speak with him around 2:15 p.m. It appears that Przybilla will sign a five-year, $30 million deal. The Spurs offered Przybilla four years and $24 million. The Pistons offered five years and $28 million. But the Pistons signed Nazr Mohammed earlier in the day to a four-year, $24 million deal. It is unclear whether Przybilla turned down Detroit, or if Detroit went in a different direction.

More to come as the story unfolds ...

Quick
http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/blazersoregonian/

waly.mg
07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Javtokas and Scola must to sign with the Spurs

We havenīt choices or we must to make trades for Bigs

ChumpDumper
The Pistons didnt even offer Przy what Portland did (per oregonlive)..why should the Spurs have offered the full 30 million?Because Portland did.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I'll say this. Either a trade is coming, or our front office is making up for all those years of looking smart by being really fucking stupid this year.

dz94
I hope he's wrong. And yes I've been looking for it on espn.com to see it in writing.

But during his interview when talking about Ben Wallace to Chicago. At the end, he was discussing the possible trade of Chandler to NO for PJ and JR which said might happen now that we know where the big men are going, "Pryzbilla will be staying in Portand, that will happen. Nazr to Detroit, that will happen." That was his quote. Hope he's wrong, but that's what was reported. They will tell you the same thing on the Blazers forum.

Sii
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Because Portland did.

I wouldnt have wanted the Spurs to pay Przy 30 million for a 5 year deal. That wouldnt have let them do much else this offseason. He's decent but no thanks

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt have wanted the Spurs to pay Przy 30 million for a 5 year deal. That wouldnt have let them do much else this offseason. He's decent but no thanksUh, the four year deal would've had exactly the same effect this summer.

timvp
07-04-2006, 04:23 PM
The Spurs are being stupid this year. If you are going to waste the first week of free agency going after Przybilla, at least offer him the full MLE. Why waste the time? And they've shown they can get rid of long contracts, so an extra $6M shouldn't really scare them.

I just don't get it. I think Przybilla would have been a good option if they insist on going after a center. Lowballing him with a bunch of other teams offering more would never cut it.

This summer is quickly turning into Reggie Evans or bust.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:24 PM
stupid, stupid, stupid

timvp
I wouldnt have wanted the Spurs to pay Przy 30 million for a 5 year deal. That wouldnt have let them do much else this offseason. He's decent but no thanks

Uh that offer or the four year offer they gave Przybilla would have left them in exactly the same place this offseason. All the Spurs' offer did was save Holt $6M on his longterm budget.

:jack

RogerIsEatingASandwich
Damn, I hope we can get Reggie.....

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
All these MLE deals are basically what Rasho got-- only his had a sixth year and the % raises were higher back then. He's just on years 4-6.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Is Javtokas as strong and aggressive as he looks in those videos?

picnroll
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Seems like the Spurs are just trying to give the appearance of going after players.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Is Javtokas as strong and aggressive as he looks in those videos?It's all CGI and makeup.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 04:29 PM
We haven't had a consistent low post scorer since the day we drafted Tim Duncan. We need someone to rebound and block shots and play good D. If you think Javtokas, Oberto, and 86 year old Robert Horry are the answer to that equation, just go ahead and put down the keyboard now.

I have no idea whether Javkotas and Oberto are the answer or not. I haven't ever seen Oberto get consistent minutes in the NBA, and I can't say whether Javtokas will produce if given the opportunity. The point is, we have had minimal production from that position, and if we are just looking for defense and rebounding, neither of our projected centers for next year have had the chance to prove whether they can or cannot provide this.... until I see them play and know they can't do this, I trust the spurs front office if they are comfortable going into the season using these two players as our primary centers.

SA210
It's all CGI and makeup.
darnit!

timvp
Seems like the Spurs are just trying to give the appearance of going after players.

Exactly.

Przybilla would be a Spur if the Spurs actually went after him. Right now the Spurs are just waiting for everyone to get swiped up it seems.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Bingo!

picnroll
07-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Taking a year off.

clubalien
07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
it looks like the spurs never wanted him and they just made a low ball offer to say to the fans or timmy hey we went after a center an failed

just like how pistons made a low ball offer to ben as an insult.

I thought MLE would be far value for him. I would have been fine had we not traded rasho. I guess this just goes to prove spurs really think ian is a superstar and want to have space for him next year. Otherwise their really aren't to good of options how we going to acquire KG or J on'eal when we don't have expansive enough contracts and cannot sign trade nazr anymore

waly.mg
We have now under contract

Duncan
Horry
Oberto
Bonner

we only need one more Big, may be Javtokas and itīs over, and we have the MLE and the LLE and we have some players for trades, itīs not over yet, we can made some moves

Chandler or PJ, in a 3 games trade too

SA210
Can we at least lose Stan Kelly this summer to make me feel a little better about this offseason?

spurschick
07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Or perhaps we wait til the trade deadline in February and get what we need for the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 04:34 PM
No! We can't lose him! I think this is fake. I saw those little news things at the bottom of the screen on the ESPN channels. It's only saying Ric Bucher reporting about Nazr. Nothing about Pryz. Not on ESPN.com. I can't find it. This HAS TO BE UNREAL! We need to fill our center problem!

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 04:35 PM
The Spurs are being stupid this year. If you are going to waste the first week of free agency going after Przybilla, at least offer him the full MLE. Why waste the time? And they've shown they can get rid of long contracts, so an extra $6M shouldn't really scare them.

I just don't get it. I think Przybilla would have been a good option if they insist on going after a center. Lowballing him with a bunch of other teams offering more would never cut it.

Couldn't agree more. It's as good a time as any to lose faith in the FO.

SA210
No! We can't lose him! I think this is fake. I saw those little news things at the bottom of the screen on the ESPN channels. It's only saying Ric Bucher reporting about Nazr. Nothing about Pryz. Not on ESPN.com. I can't find it. This HAS TO BE UNREAL! We need to fill our center problem!
I wish that were true.

Buddy Holly
LOL at LJ blaming Holt. Way to change your MO.

And LOL at LJ for being pissed the Spurs didn't "Malik" or "Rasho" Pizzspilla.

The funniest part is LJ says the guy sucks, not good, yet he wants the Spurs to offer a long term deal.

lol

Slomo
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Is Javtokas as strong and aggressive as he looks in those videos?The guy is good and I really liked what I've seen so far from him but...

He recovered from a HUGE accident. Some doctors were unsure if He'll ever walk again. Nobody really knows what 82 games will do to him.

That's a pretty big gamble.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't get why people are freaking out so bad.

If the Spurs wanted Przybilla that much, they'd at least give him the maximum offer they could.

If they wanted Nazr here, they would have offered him something.

If they wanted Scola here, they'd give him the $4M.

Obviously they aren't rating these players as high as some fans are doing.

td4mvp21
Screw the front office.

SA210
The guy is good and I really liked what I've seen so far from him but...

He recovered from a HUGE accident. Some doctors were unsure if He'll ever walk again. Nobody really knows what 82 games will do to him.

That's a pretty big gamble.
He looks very impressive. How much of that footage is after the accident?

spurschick
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM

:lol I was just thinking that we need an official FREAK OUT thread for people to rant their fears about whatever isn't happening, who we don't get, etc.

silk
07-04-2006, 04:39 PM
all after. But the rim is higher in nba i think

timvp
LOL at LJ blaming Holt. Way to change your MO.

If you don't think the Spurs' offseason actions are controlled by the restrictions Holt placing on the Spurs, you are a naive fan.

And LOL at LJ for being pissed the Spurs didn't "Malik" or "Rasho" Pizzspilla.

$24M was okay but $30M would have been a horrible contract?

That ish don't fly over my toll road of reality.

The funniest part is LJ says the guy sucks, not good, yet he wants the Spurs to offer a long term deal.

lol

Where did I say the guy sucks?

Link?

Thanks.

Don't come developing homes in my town without a permit.

:smokin

furry_spurry

If the Spurs wanted Przybilla that much, they'd at least give him the maximum offer they could.

Or they're only interested in cutting payroll.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Couldn't agree more. It's as good a time as any to lose faith in the FO.It happens every summer.

Buddy Holly
He looks very impressive. How much of that footage is after the accident?

Most of it.

SA210

:lol

goliath
07-04-2006, 04:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2509340

One more top free-agent is off the market: Joel Przybilla has decided to stay with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN.com that the 26-year-old has verbally agreed to sign a five-year deal with the Blazers believed to be worth more than $30 million.

Przybilla also had strong interest in Chicago, but the Bulls landed the No. 1 center available when they agreed to a four-year deal Monday with Detroit's Ben Wallace worth an estimated $60 million.

The Pistons, in turn, reached a verbal agreement Tuesday with San Antonio free-agent center Nazr Mohammed, but Przybilla -- who drew feelers from the Spurs and a handful of other clubs -- chose to stay where he is.

"Joel said all along that loyalty is important to him," Duffy said. "It means a lot to him that Portland gave him a chance two years ago when no one else did. His relationship with the Blazers and [general manager] Kevin Pritchard were very important factors."

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

spurschick

:lol :lol You've just titled your future memoirs.

My Toll Road of Reality
by LJ Ellis

texbound

Maybe clubalien is right. Maybe the Spurs never really wanted him, but they keeped up this charade so other teams would think that. I've stated this before but one thing I've come to expect from the spurs FO is the unexpected. The Spurs are masters at misdirection. Show everyone the top hat in your right hand, while you pull the rabbit out of your pocket with your left. Ok, sometimes they pull a SOFT rabbit (Rasho), but usually they pull something out no one expected. Let's face it, we have no idea what scheme RC and Pop have cooked up.

Remember these words from my main man Ducks:

If Pop when shooters go, so was CIA

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Slomo
07-04-2006, 04:43 PM
He looks very impressive. How much of that footage is after the accident?I believe most of it. But it's in a league with a lot less games. He has the energy and obviously the will power. Wear and tear is what worries me.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I believe most of it. But it's in a league with a lot less games. He has the energy and obviously the will power. Wear and tear is what worries me.
I hear you.
Man, if he can endure it, he looks like he'd be really good.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I believe most of it. But it's in a league with a lot less games. He has the energy and obviously the will power. Wear and tear is what worries me.
He used to playing twice a week.

Bruno
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM

He has played 61 games and 26 mpg this season. Some of them were against scrubs but it still BB games.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I believe most of it. But it's in a league with a lot less games. He has the energy and obviously the will power. Wear and tear is what worries me.He did play in three leagues last season.

SequSpur
07-04-2006, 04:49 PM
so is this topic true or what?

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 04:49 PM
We do't need to get anyone else. It amazes me how freaked out people are all of a sudden over us "not having a center".

It's amazing that you cannot understand the value of having a true center on the roster. Who the hell is supposed to guard opposing 5's like Dampier, Yao, Shaq and others? There is no one on the Spurs current roster capable of doing so. If you're thinking "small ball" is the latest and greatest trend, you should watch the NBA finals all over again. The Spurs should be able to field a versatile enough lineup that will allow them to play against the Mavs, Suns, Heat or anyone else. Without a center on the roster they cannot do that.

Many people (including at ESPN) thought Oberto would be starting by midway through last season anyway before the season began. It is not hard to picture Jav and Oberto, given the same minutes as Nazr and Rasho, putting up virtually the same stats.

Get a clue! Oberto wasn't good enough to start. If he was, the coaches would have given him more minutes. He looks like a scrub.

We might lose some interior defense, and will probably pick up some ball movement. Not a huge deal either way. We didn't have a consistent low post scorer last year (from the center position), and despite people thinking Nazr was a good rebounder, it didnt help us when we decided to go small anyway.

The Spurs interior defense wasn't that good last year anyway. With Mohammed in the lineup, they gained rebounding, yet didn't have a shot-blocking presence. With Rasho in the lineup, they gained interior defense, but realized a drop in rebounding and aggressive play.

The Spurs don't need more low-post scoring. They need shot-blocking, rebounding and a physical presence on the blocks with some occasional scoring. Pryzbilla would have provided that.

We still won't have a good low post scorer, and we'll lose out on some rebounding from the center spot, but we'll get more hustle, and more mobility.

Lack of rebounding was a deficiency that plagued the Spurs all through last season and during the playoffs. Recall that the Mavs kicked the Spurs collective asses on the glass during the regular season and during the playoffs. The Spurs have done nothing to address this so far. If you're happy with the bigs left on this roster and think the Spurs are better off by way of addition through subtraction - you're nuts!

timvp
07-04-2006, 04:50 PM
He did play in three leagues last season.

Good thing the Lithuanian league translates exactly to the NBA.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Good thing the Lithuanian league translates exactly to the NBA.Minutes is minutes.

Slomo
07-04-2006, 04:53 PM
He has played 61 games and 26 mpg this season. Some of them were against scrubs but it still BB games.On top of the scrubs pencil in also:
Less contact
Less speed
Less physical type of BB

Why do you think Good Euro players usually need a year of (NBA) conditioning after they come over? And playing twice a week is still way easier than every two days.

Again I hope we get him (and that I'm wrong), but it's the main factor why I hoped he would be playing alongsider a veteran C in his 1st year.

SA210
07-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm pulling for Javtokas.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
If you don't think the Spurs' offseason actions are controlled by the restrictions Holt placing on the Spurs, you are a naive fan.

Really, so Holt is the sole owner?

Get real.

$24M was okay but $30M would have been a horrible contract?

So in two years when the Spurs are trying to unload that sit contract, would you have owned up to saying you were in favor of it?

Where did I say the guy sucks?

Link?

When you consider Reggie Evans and Trevor better talent... welll.

Thanks.

:smokin

Shocking. You can't stay on topic you went to the insult Buddy routine. Clever.

Didn't you forget the boy band rip or the Oakley put down?

Slomo
07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Minutes is minutes.C'mon CD. I know you know better.

boutons_
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Robertas won't be enough for a Spurs frontcourt rotation.

All we have now is Tim and Fabricio. We 3 more bigs.

picnroll
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Well at least playiing time shouldn't be an issue for Javtokas anymore.

Despot
07-04-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't understand how some people get so mad about the Spurs being cheap, when that is a major part of what has made us so succesful the past few years. And this is not a case of them being cheap, they offered what they thought those players were worthy of considering the market, while considering what we have available to spend. If the player takes the offer, great, if not, oh well....ala Finley last season.

Two questions....

1. When was the last time we signed a RFA to an offer sheet?
2. Can we start an official "Big man trade ideas" thread now?

Slomo
I'm pulling for Javtokas.Nothing wrong with that!

ChumpDumper
C'mon CD. I know you know better.Ok, he'll break like a twig then. He's worthless and weak.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 04:57 PM

3 more bigs?

WTF?

judaspriestess
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
We'll be alright! There isn't a whole out there right now....

Sheesh :rolleyes Its not the end of the world.

Despot
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM

3?!?!?

timvp
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM

Get real.

Huh?

He's the guy who represents the group of owners. He's the guy who sets the rules. He's the guy Pop reports to.

So in two years when the Spurs are trying to unload that sit contract, would you have owned up to saying you were in favor of it?

Yes. But the MLE for a decent to good center won't be a bad contract. Rasho and Malik's contract were way above the MLE at the time.

When you consider Reggie Evans and Trevor better talent... welll.

There is good talent and then there's better talent.

Shocking. You can't stay on topic you went to the insult Buddy routine. Clever.

Didn't you forget the boy band rip or the Oakley put down?

Hey I'll take it of Oprah breaks the Reggie Evans signing. I'd be all for that.

Really.

Bruno
Why do you think Good Euro players usually need a year of (NBA) conditioning after they come over? And playing twice a week is still way easier than every two days.

100% agree.
I don't expect a lot for him in his first year but I pointed that he has played a lot since his injury : I don't fear that 82 games will break him down.
He will likely hit the rookie wall but I don't think that his former injury will be a concern.

SA210
Yea, I know we need another big.
I'm just hoping Javtokas pans out pretty good as well.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Huh?

He's the guy who represents the group of owners. He's the guy who sets the rules. He's the guy Pop reports to.

He owns the largest shares.

It's a committee.

To say he's the sole man in charge would make you naive.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
There are plenty of examples of players who get no playing time, and then, when they do as a result of a change in the roster or change of locale, perform exceptionally well. Jermain O'neil, Stephen Jackson, and Avery Johnson are examples Spurs fans will recognize. And no, I would prefer NOT playing "small ball"... but I would rather play with what we have than strap ourselves for the future by overcompensating and signing players who are mediocre at best for more than they are worth. I know we need rebounding, and that's fine... but frankly, I don't know whether Javtokas and Oberto can rebound if given consistent minutes or not, and if the Spurs staff is comfortable with it, then until I see otherwise I will be too.

There are very few low post threats to worry about outside of Shaq and Yao at the center spot... if the Mavs want to dump it into dampier, they are more than welcome to. But when we lost David, we did exactly what so many people are calling for us to do now... jump all over the next "big" replacement we can justify as filling the void... and Rasho was a horrible cap decision, and really hindered our team's felxibility.

I trust the front office, they have consistently proved to be successful in finding and utilizing talent. I would rather target a long/athletic three or four, and wait until we can actually sign a center who is worth the money we give him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:05 PM

Get real.

Come on Buddy, if you're as big picture as you try and tell this whole board that you are, you should realize Holt controls the purse strings for this franchise. Quit living in a box under a bridge and come join reality.

I don't understand how some people get so mad about the Spurs being cheap, when that is a major part of what has made us so succesful the past few years.

Being cheap wasn't what made us successful. It was hitting the Tim Duncan lottery jackpot, and getting lucky on a late second round draft pick flyer on Manu.

And this is not a case of them being cheap, they offered what they thought those players were worthy of considering the market, while considering what we have available to spend.

It was in black and white in articles that both Detroit and Portland were offering more money. Are you saying our front office is illiterate? The market obviously dictated that Joel is worth more than what we offered.

1. When was the last time we signed a RFA to an offer sheet?

When's the last time we had significant money to offer one?

2. Can we start an official "Big man trade ideas" thread now?

Why don't you use the 'Now What' thread instead of starting the 20th thread on the same topic?

I bet you lap up everything Ludden writes about the Spurs :lol

Slomo
07-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok, he'll break like a twig then. He's worthless and weak.:lmao

No he won't snap like a twig.

I always enjoy how you spin the discussion to favour your arguments.

Minutes in the euro leagues are not the same as minutes in the NBA - Which is the post I was replying to!

Despot
He owns the largest shares.

It's a committee.

To say he's the sole man in charge would make you naive.

I always understood that the others owners were silent partners.

Buddy Holly
Come on Buddy, if you're as big picture as you try and tell this whole board that you are, you should realize Holt controls the purse strings for this franchise. Quit living in a box under a bridge and come join reality.

I'm not saying he does or doesn't.

But to time and time again blame him for money issues is retarded.

boutons_
3 more, or at least two more bigs.

How can the Spurs frontcourt go through a season with just Tim, Fabs, and one other big, even if it's (non-starting) Robertas ?

I exclude Robert because I think he's finished as contributor if Spurs play big, and no doubt finished if the Spurs go small.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
There are very few low post threats to worry about outside of Shaq and Yao at the center spot... if the Mavs want to dump it into dampier, they are more than welcome to. But when we lost David, we did exactly what so many people are calling for us to do now

Pop damnit. This isn't about finding a center to go for 20 and 10 every night. It's about finding someone who can defend and challenge shots of perimeter players coming into the lane, and who can clean up the glass.

Were none of you Spurs homers paying attention in the Dallas series? Dampier didn't kill us by going off for 25 every night in the pivot, he killed us with his rebounding and shot blocking. Same for Diop.

timvp

B_DDY H_S N_ CL__

Buy a vowel.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Right, blaming the guy with the most money to spend on our franchise when he refuses it is completely misguided. Go build a bridge or something.

Buddy Holly
B_DDY H_S N_ CL__

Buy a vowel.

Wouldn't that be vowels?

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Right, blaming the guy with the most money to spend on our franchise when he refuses it is completely misguided. Go build a bridge or something.

Holt uses his own money to pay contracts???

And when the Spurs don't over pay or give one to many years to a second tier center, its Holts fault?

I guess Pop couldn't talk him into putting a little more of "his" money into Pizzspilla like he did Parker. :lol

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
3 more, or at least two more bigs.

How can the Spurs frontcourt go through a season with just Tim, Fabs, and one other big, even if it's (non-starting) Robertas ?

I exclude Robert because I think he's finished as contributor if Spurs play big, and no doubt finished if the Spurs go small.

The Spurs have 12 guys under contract (with Javtokas) and five of them are bigs (Tim/Jav/Oberto/Horry/Bonner). They won't add 3 more bigs.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know what the Spurs' profit margin is? I've been looking to see if I can find the Spurs financial or income statement somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything. I've always hesitated to criticise Holt for being cheap unless I know how much the Spurs are actually making every year. Does anyone know where this information might be available?

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 05:11 PM
:lmao

No he won't snap like a twig.

I always enjoy how you spin the discussion to favour your arguments.

Minutes in the euro leagues are not the same as minutes in the NBA - Which is the post I was replying to!Your point is he can't handle NBA minutes. So he must be worthless and weak and will snap like a twig or something like that.

Relax, I'm agreeing with you.

Don't sign him.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
FUCK!

Why oh why couldn't the Spurs be like the ultra successful Blazers and Mavs that overspent on shitty talent like they were rednecks on payday at a Walmart clearance sale.

Bruno
07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
It's a little premature to blame Holt for being cheap, the offseason is far from the end.
Last year people have blamed Holt for not re-signing Devin becasue they have believed that Finley has signed an one year deal.

td4mvp4
07-04-2006, 05:13 PM

my original name is td4mvp3 and not too long ago i asked what if the bonner trade is all they do. is it time to panic?

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 05:15 PM
my original name is td4mvp3 and not too long ago i asked what if the bonner trade is all they do. is it time to panic?Yes, the fourth day of free agency is the absolute best time to panic.

ajh18
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Pop damnit. This isn't about finding a center to go for 20 and 10 every night. It's about finding someone who can defend and challenge shots of perimeter players coming into the lane, and who can clean up the glass.

Were none of you Spurs homers paying attention in the Dallas series? Dampier didn't kill us by going off for 25 every night in the pivot, he killed us with his rebounding and shot blocking. Same for Diop.

I agree. And I'll wait and see whether the Spurs can put together a roster with more adequate rebounding than we had last year. Rebounding is in a large part positioning and effort anyway. I have no idea whether Javtokas, Oberto, etc will be effective rebounders if given minutes.

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
The Spurs have 12 guys under contract (with Javtokas) and five of them are bigs (Tim/Jav/Oberto/Horry/Bonner). They won't add 3 more bigs.

......and two out of those five bigs (Horry and Bonner) are glorified small forwards. May as well call them 3's

SequSpur
Does anyone know what the Spurs' profit margin is? I've been looking to see if I can find the Spurs financial or income statement somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything. I've always hesitated to criticise Holt for being cheap unless I know how much the Spurs are actually making every year. Does anyone know where this information might be available?

The Spurs stopped releasing financial statements after they moved into the SBC Center.

If they average 18K fans per game, sell concessions, fill up the parking lot and play a few playoff games and split the TV income, they have to be bringing in $150 mill per year.

They have one of the sweetest arena/stadium deals in all of sports.

Despot
you totally missed where I was going with the post. Seems like you think I'm attacking the Spurs, or defending them...not sure

Being cheap wasn't what made us successful. It was hitting the Tim Duncan lottery jackpot, and getting lucky on a late second round draft pick flyer on Manu.

Ok, slight miswording on my side, should have said kept us successful, if we would have kept overpaying players like Malik and Rasho, our abilities toi sign other players would have been hampered.

It was in black and white in articles that both Detroit and Portland were offering more money. Are you saying our front office is illiterate? The market obviously dictated that Joel is worth more than what we offered.

The Blazers, Pistons and Spurs can all have different assesments of what a players market value is. Other teams offered Finley more, but he still came here.

When's the last time we had significant money to offer one?

I was being serious with this, I can't remember the last time we went after a RFA, and it seemed to me that don't want to waste time waiting for an answer. I vaguely remember us getting burned the last time we tried.

Why don't you use the 'Now What' thread instead of starting the 20th thread on the same topic?

trade thread comment was meant as a way to say that our options are going that way.

I bet you lap up everything Ludden writes about the Spurs :lol

Actually I never read Ludden.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
:lmao

WOAI doesn't have the internets

Kori needs to text them with the news about Joel.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
FUCK!

Why oh why couldn't the Spurs be like the ultra successful Blazers and Mavs that overspent on shitty talent like they were rednecks on payday at a Walmart clearance sale.

Considering the Mavs have scoreboard, you may want to come up with a different take there Southside.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Considering the Mavs have scoreboard, you may want to come up with a different take there Southside.

Scoreboard?

After doing what again?

The fucking Mavs abandonded the "spend money on anything and everything" game plan they had and decided to spend money on young talent they could develope and then surrounded them with vets.

Oh yeah, they dumped their hack of a coach.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 05:31 PM
:lol How is it that spurszone.com has the story of Przybilla staying in Portland and WOAI-TV just said that he's still a possibility to sign here?

Aggie Hoopsfan
Scoreboard?

After doing what again?

The fucking Mavs abandonded the "spend money on anything and everything" game plan they had and decided to spend money on young talent they could develope and then surrounded them with vets.

Their payroll last year came in at 82 million. Take away Finley and they still spent 70 million. Yeah, that sounds like ditching the open wallet mentality for sure :rolleyes

So, just so we're clear, you don't think giving Erick Dampier 8 millino a year is overspending? 8 million for Stackhouse? 6 million for Marquis Daniels, who played less minutes in the playoffs than Oberto? Yeah, fucking bargain basement frugality there by the Mavs...

Kori Ellis
:lol How is it that spurszone.com has the story of Przybilla staying in Portland and WOAI-TV just said that he's still a possibility to sign here?

Because I'm smarter than them.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Because I'm smarter than them.

They don't follow the freakin' news wires?! :wakeup This story is old news already.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Their payroll last year came in at 82 million. Take away Finley and they still spent 70 million. Yeah, that sounds like ditching the open wallet mentality for sure :rolleyes

Did you bother to compare to years past? Probably not.

Yet even with all that, they still get owned by Miami.

So, just so we're clear, you don't think giving Erick Dampier 8 millino a year is overspending?

For a center? When Ben Wallace gets 14 million and Pizzspilla gets nearly 7.

This isn't the age of Hakeem and David and Shaq.

8 million for Stackhouse?

They traded for him.

6 million for Marquis Daniels, who played less minutes in the playoffs than Oberto?

LOL

Yeah, Oberto's better than him.

Yeah, fucking bargain basement frugality there by the Mavs...

You give me three examples.... yes, they've changed.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow, I missed this one. Not exactly surprising news, since the Spurs lowballed him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Did you bother to compare to years past? Probably not.

Yet even with all that, they still get owned by Miami.

They still played for the title, which is more than we can say. Oh wait, I guess you think everyone should get a blue participation ribbon and call it a season...

For a center? When Ben Wallace gets 14 million and Pizzspilla gets nearly 7.

Joel got 4.5 million. Your math sucks.

They traded for him.

Yeah, they traded for Stack knowing what he'd make. How is that frugal?

Yeah, Oberto's better than him.

Where did I ever say Oberto was better than him? Are you illiterate? I said Daniels played less minutes in the NBA playoffs than Oberto.

You give me three examples.... yes, they've changed.

Only because everyone is already under contract and they're paying them big buckets. That's not changing, that's called having a roster full of hgih played players and nowhere to go with it.

Fuck, they just gave DJ Mbenga two million to stick around. You call that frugal? They just ponied up big time for Jason Terry too.

And like I said, they've got scoreboard on us. It's ironic that you get so pissy about the rest of the world 'living in the past' when it comes to Metro SA's growth, but then you want to live in the past to try and defend the Spurs and your weak ass takes.

clubalien
07-04-2006, 05:44 PM
because WOAI won't kep pop coming to their show and inside info if they piss the fans byt annoucing we lose nazr and we have no hope of a center

later they can annouce we won't get przy but the shock of it with losing nazr won't be good for pop and woai

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:46 PM
They still played for the title, which is more than we can say. Oh wait, I guess you think everyone should get a blue participation ribbon and call it a season...

Holy shit, really, I guess that makes them the kings of the universe.

They can go stand behind the Nets and the Pacers.

Joel got 4.5 million. Your math sucks.

5 years 32 million.

Yes it starts off low then gains but in the end its nearly 7 a year.

Yeah, they traded for Stack knowing what he'd make. How is that frugal?

Because Stack is a good player, I'd rather have him on this team than Barry.

Where did I ever say Oberto was better than him? Are you illiterate? I said Daniels played less minutes in the NBA playoffs than Oberto.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Fuck, they just gave DJ Mbenga two million to stick around. You call that frugal? They just ponied up big time for Jason Terry too.

And we gave Oberto how much? I know it wasn't 500,000.

Jason Terry deserved that money. You'd of offered him sex if you were their GM.

Hell, you'd have offered that if you weren't.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
because WOAI won't kep pop coming to their show and inside info if they piss the fans byt annoucing we lose nazr and we have no hope of a center
later they can annouce we won't get przy but the shock of it with losing nazr won't be good for pop and woai

ENGLISH MUTHA FUCKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

http://www.weeklyfilm.com/images/Moviepics/jules.gif

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
It's ironic that you get so pissy about the rest of the world 'living in the past' when it comes to Metro SA's growth, but then you want to live in the past to try and defend the Spurs and your weak ass takes.

For christs sake Suzy, talk basketball.

Stay on the topic at hand. If you can't do that much go buy a tampon.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
^^^^^^ :lol @ spurschick

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:50 PM
For christs sake Suzy, talk basketball.

Stay on the topic at hand. If you can't do that much go buy a tampon.

You should heed your own advice.

What do you want to talk? All I see is you reaching for the Vagisil while trying to defend the Spurs being cheap when they've got three needs (err, four now we don't have a center) to fill.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
And by all this I mean let's see some names Southside, instead of your whiny ass "gee if only we could be like Portland or Dallas" bullshit.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
You should heed your own advice.

So I went off topic where and when.

Please Dorothy, elaborate.

strangeweather
07-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Well if blind luck is what got us here, then I would imagine our 15 minutes are up now.

By that standard, the market dictated the Dalembert and Tyson Chandler contracts as well. Are all players, by definition, worth what they're signed for?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 06:01 PM
By that standard, the market dictated the Dalembert and Tyson Chandler contracts as well. Are all players, by definition, worth what they're signed for?

Well, the Spurs obviously thought he was at the least worth offering their MLE, they just had the years wrong (at least by appearances).

So I went off topic where and when.

You've never been on topic. Just in your typical Dusty Garza pole smoking form that we all know and have been tired of for the last 3 years.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok... I guess.

You are awesome man.

Keep living the dream girlfriend.

Supergirl
07-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Did we ever get official confirmation one way or the other? This thread appears to have degenerated into trash talking.

strangeweather
07-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, the Spurs obviously thought he was at the least worth offering their MLE, they just had the years wrong (at least by appearances).
The number of years is often what distinguishes a good contract from a bad contract. All contracts have risks -- what if JPs per-minute stats drop 20-30% when he arrives like Rasho's did? If they do, then even by next summer he's going to be just another crappy center we'll be looking to dump. The shorter the contract, the easier it will be to move.

And before anyone says that's not going to happen, think about it. Before the recent reality distortion field set in, was there anyone saying "My god, if only we could land Joel Przybilla"?

It seems like quibbling, but in the long run, you will get further by setting your value and sticking to it than you will by doing absolutely anything to get the current deal done and ignoring the long-term impact.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Did we ever get official confirmation one way or the other? This thread appears to have degenerated into trash talking.

Przybilla accepts five-year deal to stay with Blazers
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

One more top free-agent is off the market: Joel Przybilla has decided to stay with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Joel Przybilla
Center
Portland Trail Blazers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
56 6.1 7.0 0.8 .548 .532

Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN.com that the 26-year-old has verbally agreed to sign a five-year deal with the Blazers believed to be worth more than $30 million.

Przybilla also had strong interest in Chicago, but the Bulls landed the No. 1 center available when they agreed to a four-year deal Monday with Detroit's Ben Wallace worth an estimated $60 million.

The Pistons, in turn, reached a verbal agreement Tuesday with San Antonio free-agent center Nazr Mohammed, but Przybilla -- who drew feelers from the Spurs and a handful of other clubs -- chose to stay where he is.

"Joel said all along that loyalty is important to him," Duffy said. "It means a lot to him that Portland gave him a chance two years ago when no one else did. His relationship with the Blazers and [general manager] Kevin Pritchard were very important factors."

spurschick
07-04-2006, 06:16 PM

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 06:18 PM
:flipoff

Supergirl
07-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks. I respect the guy for valuing loyalty - something i think too many NBA players lack - but I think he made a mistake. Portland ain't going nowhere fast, and he should go where he has a chance to win.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
:flipoff

:wtf

Slinkyman
07-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks. I respect the guy for valuing loyalty - something i think too many NBA players lack - but I think he made a mistake. Portland ain't going nowhere fast, and he should go where he has a chance to win.

they have alot of young talent, they just need to rid themselves of Miles and Randolph and they'd have a shot at being pretty good in 2-3 years

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
:wtf
I beat you to the same post by like two seconds, and I was rubbing it in. Was supposed to be funny.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Isn't that sweet, WOAI-TV finally caught up with the rest of the class.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2006, 06:26 PM
The Spurs didn't offer him five years for $30m. I'm looking to see where JP says "it's not about the money". Winning is nice. Przybilla just won the fucking lottery.

Das Texan
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Isn't that sweet, WOAI-TV finally caught up with the rest of the class.

they really are a joke to so many aspects of news.

callo1
07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
This is about what I expected. I bet we see a deal to get PJ Brown soon. His expiring contract gives the Spurs a chance to see how Jav works out, and also get a big in next years deep draft.

I don't know what the big deal is, the spurs were one dumb foul away from a 4th title w/o even playing the 2 bigs they just lost and many people here are about to kick the chair out from under themselves. We are talking about replacing 2 underproductive bigs, it isn't like we just lost Timmy or something. Have a little faith folks, Pop and RC didn't forget how to run a team after winning 3 championships. I can assure you that something will take place soon.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
PJ Brown will probably be heading to Chicago along with JR Smith and Macijauskas for Tyson Chandler and Malik Allen.

MannyIsGod
07-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Classic Spurstalk meltdown in progress.

I on the other hand, am happy as hell that Joe Dumars made my fucking day. Thanks, Joe!

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-04-2006, 06:55 PM

I on the other hand, am happy as hell that Joe Dumars made my fucking day. Thanks, Joe!

but we have no center

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 06:56 PM

What!?

We didn't sign Pizzspilla or resign the G.O.A.T Nazr.

How can you sleep at night?

The Spurs are on cruise control to miss the playoffs.

Pizzbilla.... Nazr.... why god why?

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 06:56 PM
but we have no center

We don't? :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
:madrun :bang :cuss

spurschick
07-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we somehow ended up with KG when all of the smoke clears...

MannyIsGod
Wouldn't it be funny if we somehow ended up with KG when all of the smoke clears...How much do you pay for your crack?

Buddy Holly
Wouldn't it be funny if we somehow ended up with KG when all of the smoke clears...

So Manu and Tony would be gone? Eh, no go.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:01 PM
How much do you pay for your crack?

She's good looking, so free.

SA Gunslinger
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM

With what Chicago is reportedly offering, the Spurs would have to send Manu, TP, and some bodily organs to Minnesota.

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
No Pryzbilla. No J.R. Smith. Other than the Bonner acquisition (which was a all-out salary dump that was necessary), no transactions of any kind.

Now the Spurs are left standing on the sidelines with their "thumb up their butt" - per usual. I'm frustrated that the FO has done so little to improve the team this offseason. Any faith I ever had in the FO has now vanished.

Some may call them smart, others may call them frugal. I say they are some cheap asses who allow the rest of the leagues competition to "pass them by".

Unless they have a blockbuster trade up their sleeve somewhere - they're fucked! As of today, this team has gotten worse - not better.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
No J.R. Smith.

Trades don't happen because YOU want them to.

Sure we were close to getting him last season, but that was last season.

So you think the Spurs can just call them up and offer a bag of shit and the Hornets will say "OK" just because SenorSpur really wants him on your team.

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Trades don't happen because YOU want them to.

Sure we were close to getting him last season, but that was last season.

So you think the Spurs can just call them up and offer a bag of shit and the Hornets will say "OK" just because SenorSpur really wants him on your team.

Eat shit! If you're satisfied with the roster improvements then you're a moron!

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Eat shit! If you're satisfied with the roster improvements then you're a moron!

WHAT roster moves? That one trade? Kid, the offseason has been going for 4 days.

You wanna jump off the cliff, you do it. Have fun.

SenorSpur
07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
WHAT roster moves? That one trade? Kid, the offseason has been going for 4 days.

You wanna jump off the cliff, you do it. Have fun.

Take a look at what's left in the FA pool and see if you can find anything that makes this team better.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Take a look at what's left in the FA pool and see if you can find anything that makes this team better.

Who says the FA Pool is all there is.

It was WEAK to begin with.

The Spurs weren't going to vastly or greatly improve VIA this weak ass FA pool.

We have our EURP storage, we have trades, we have summer league players, hell.

If you think the only route is free agency, then JUMP OFF THE FUCKING CLIFF kid.

MannyIsGod
07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Really, other than Joel Pryzbillya who should they have gotten?

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Really, other than Joel Pryzbillya who should they have gotten?

They'll have no answer.

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
We can trade you Sheed for Duncan ... :lol

TwoHandJam
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM

I don't know what they have planned by not going after Przybilla with the market for centers all but dried up but the FO isn't infallible. If I remember correctly we had Haslem on our summer team but didn't even make him an offer.

I wish I knew what they are up to this offseason. They seem to be just flailing around offering half-hearted deals here and there and not really showing their cards - if they have any.

T Park
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Weve gotten a long three, and a 3 point shooting power forward who brings energy and with Duncan next to em, rebounding probobly.

For a white stiff.

Nazr nobody wanted back what so ever.

So were pissed cause we didnt sign a couple guys we didnt want in the first place?

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
If I remember correctly we had Haslem on our summer team but didn't even make him an offer.

If you really remembered correctly, you'd have known he left the Spurs in the middle of the summer league to sign with Miami.

He wanted to sign with his hometown Miami team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
If you really remembered correctly, you'd have known he left the Spurs in the middle of the summer league to sign with Miami.

He wanted to sign with his hometown Miami team.

If you were running around a gym on a summer league team for $100 a game and then an NBA team called with a contract offer, your ass would leave too.

The Spurs could have just as easily have been the ones making the offer to Haslem, but they didn't.

timvp
07-04-2006, 07:37 PM
They could've had Haslem but they were clearing space for Jason Kidd.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
If you were running around a gym on a summer league team for $100 a game and then an NBA team called with a contract offer, your ass would leave too.

The Spurs could have just as easily have been the ones making the offer to Haslem, but they didn't.

That's not the point.

But on that topic, he jumped on the first his hometown team made.

Had he stayed in the summer league, he'd have probably eneded up with a better offer by another team.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
They could've had Haslem but they were clearing space for Jason Kidd.

Yeah, the 1 million he made would have eaten into his money.

If Miami hadn't made him an offer, he probably would have been a Spur.

Billy Cobham
Excellent news! I'm somewhat surprised that we were able to keep him given the fact that the Pistons were making a strong pitch. I'm surprised that the Spurs low-balled him. If SA had offered the full MLE I believe he would have signed. Our team is looking good now. We'll be a contender in a couple of years.

timvp
Yeah, the 1 million he made would have eaten into his money.

And yeah, we needed Kidd. :lol

The Spurs also didn't pick up Speedy's 1 million option because of Kidd.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
The Spurs also didn't pick up Speedy's 1 million option because of Kidd.

They didn't pick it up because he never showed what he could do because of his injuries.

And he would have left the season after even if the Spurs did pick up the option.

Speedy is all about money he isn't owed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
That's not the point.

But on that topic, he jumped on the first his hometown team made.

The point is you're a fucking idiot.

A guy who was living with his parents jumped at the first NBA contract offer handed to him. Wow, shocking. And if the Spurs had made it, he'd be wearing silver and black right now.

Maybe in a few weeks when you get Dusty's latest email newsletter talking about all this and being critical of the Spurs front office, you'll see the light.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:43 PM
The point is you're a fucking idiot.

A guy who was living with his parents jumped at the first NBA contract offer handed to him.

Yes. I fucking made that point.

And a bonus was that it was from his hometown team.

Wow, shocking. And if the Spurs had made it, he'd be wearing silver and black right now.

If if and buts were...

Maybe in a few weeks when you get Dusty's latest email newsletter talking about all this and being critical of the Spurs front office, you'll see the light.

Are you and him having some kind of lovers corral because you mention the guy a lot.

But just to piss him off, because I know he's at your home right now reading this, FUCK YOU AND DUSTY.

I think I just comitted a online hate crime.

boutons_
07-04-2006, 07:45 PM
After his showing in the 03 playoffs, Speedy wanted to start, not necessarily get paid. Leaving the Spurs allowed him to do both. He hasn't been a full-time starter anywhere after the Spurs, and has been lucky to avg 20 MPG and has a lot time with only about 20 MPG.

mardigan
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I really think that not signing a center shows how much confidence our front office thinks of Javtokas, he will start at center, and Im pretty sure he could be close to double double guy midway through the season

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Are you and him having some kind of lovers corral because you mention the guy a lot.

But just to piss him off, because I know he's at your home right now reading this, FUCK YOU AND DUSTY.

I think I just comitted a virtual hate crime.

:lmao Whatever you say. You were the one with your lips on his dick over at sarsreport along with the kiddy brigade.

I bring him up because you worship at the church of Crusty, and by what you've posted this evening you have about as much common sense as the guy.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
^^ Eh .. who gives a fuck. Get back to posting about basketball.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
:lmao Whatever you say. You were the one with your lips on his dick over at sarsreport along with the kiddy brigade.

2001 called, they want you to complete the task and buy better razor blades.

I bring him up because you worship at the church of Crusty, and by what you've posted this evening you have about as much common sense as the guy.

I worship that fat fuck? Please, the mere fact you can't go five minutes without writing a sentence that contains his name and something sexual only explains why you're always so hostile.

The President won't let him and you marry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Whatever you say Buddy, I wasn't the one kissing his ass 24-7 at sarsreport.

But back to basketball, what do you propose the Spurs do? Or is 384 year old Robert Horry for 35 minutes a night your solution/

spurschick
07-04-2006, 08:07 PM
How much do you pay for your crack?

:lol While I realize that we would have to give up something big to get KG in reality world, he falls into our laps in crack world. Stick your lips on the pipe... life is good here. :smokin

Buddy Holly
07-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Whatever you say Buddy, I wasn't the one kissing his ass 24-7 at sarsreport.

I was?

Like when, 2001 when I was told a side of the story that was actually a lie.

But now like many here, I can saw with a big grin on my face. FUCK THEM.

Fuck their owner, fuck their MODS, fuck their sheriff.

But please don't fucking act better than me when you were there sucking his balls before the entire blow up happened.

Don't fucking act all holier than thou because you started hating that place before me.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Btw

We're all Spurs fans. We want to see the team do well. Some of us have different opinions of how to go about that...but that doesn't make anyone (well in most cases) a fucking idiot, or any other obscenity people love to throw around.

Pushing around insults like that in fact makes you the fucking idiot. Just thought I'd share that.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh shut the fuck up you two (Buddy Holly and AHF) or you are banned for the rest of the week.

No one cares about your mad love affair.

z0sa
07-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Anybody else think Duncan could be amare stoudemire type center? not in athleticism, but taking other centers off the dribble or facing up as opposed to a total power game? not my best wish for him, but i think it could be possible.

Sense
07-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Oh shut the fuck up you two (Buddy Holly and AHF) or you are banned for the rest of the week.

No one cares about your mad love affair.

:tu