PDA

View Full Version : Will Barry or Finley be traded by the end of trading deadline

Phil Hellmuth
07-04-2006, 06:30 PM
i would have to say its a flip of the coin that at least one of them is a goner.

Mr. Body
07-04-2006, 06:31 PM
uhhh... if that coin has two 'Barry' sides.

Finley ain't going nowhere

AMOS7
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Finley had better not leave.

He and Duncan would have won that Mavs series for them.

exstatic
07-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Barry. I'd be surprised if he were on the game 1 roster, active or otherwise. I'd be stunned if he were here the day after the trading deadline.

coachmac87
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
barry...why would the spurs trade finley...that just showed that they fucked up last year and shouldve signed devin brown back

Gummi
07-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Pop and R.C. would never trade Finley. He came here for less money and he wanted to be here. If Pop and R.C. would trade him they would be showing no class at all.

And as we all know Pop and R.C. are all class.

Mr. Body
07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Finley's gonna have a real nice season next year.

Gerryatrics
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Pop and R.C. would never trade Finley. He came here for less money and he wanted to be here. If Pop and R.C. would trade him they would be showing no class at all.

And as we all know Pop and R.C. are all class.

Barry wanted to come here and took less money to do so too...

MannyIsGod
07-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Um, Pop and RC will do what it takes to make the team better. You bet your ass if a trade came along for Fin that was smart they'd do it. Same thing for Barry.

T Park
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
More realisticly Barry than Finley.

Finley was a fantastic pickup, and prob will do better next year.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
The Spurs wooed and courted Finley hard last year who took less money and playing time to come here and try to win a championship. To trade him now to some non-contending team would be a stab in the back and I don't know how many veterans in his situation would want to come here in the near future. Plus he's a good teammate who did whatever he was asked and he also played awesome against Dallas. So yeah Finley isn't going anywhere and Barry is definitely on the block.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I hope Finley doesn't leave. It's wonderful having him here on Cuban's dime.

bdictjames
07-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah, Finley's probably adjusted to Pop's trademark defense right now and he knows the Mavs better than any of the current Spurs so I think next season will be our oppotunity to show the Mavs who's boss here in Texas and hopefully in the whole NBA

Kori Ellis
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Finley, Barry, Oberto, and Scola's rights in trade package for ...

SA Gunslinger
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Finley is a Laker killer. You can never have too many of those.

spurschick
07-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Finley, Barry, Oberto, and Scola's rights in trade package for ...

Nocioni, Sefolosha and Allen

MannyIsGod
07-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Nocioni, Sefolosha and AllenYou reall ARE smoking crack.

Ninja-Defense
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Nocioni, Sefolosha and Allen

Crack-smoking aside, that would be a fabulous trade! :smokin

spurschick
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
You really ARE smoking crack.

I'm tellin' ya - the weather's great in here! There's a field of poppies, an emerald green building in the distance, some midget freaks and a scarecrow that won't shut the hell up.

Seriously though, my head has been spinning from the Trailblazers/Bulls show on draft night and all of the movement since. I can't even begin to think about who we might really end up with, so I might as well reach for the moon.

GrandeDavid
07-04-2006, 08:58 PM
They might be better off keeping them and stacking one on top of the other and calling them a center.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
The Spurs wooed and courted Finley hard last year who took less money and playing time to come here and try to win a championship. To trade him now to some non-contending team would be a stab in the back and I don't know how many veterans in his situation would want to come here in the near future. Plus he's a good teammate who did whatever he was asked and he also played awesome against Dallas. So yeah Finley isn't going anywhere and Barry is definitely on the block.
The Spurs wooed and courted Rasho hard in 2003 who took less money and playing time to come here and try to win a championship. To trade him now to some non-contending team would be a stab in the back and I don't know how many veterans in his situation would want to come here in the near future. Plus he was a good teammate who did whatever he was asked and he played awesome against Yao and Shaq. So, yeah Rasho isn't going anywhere... :lol

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Rasho was given every opportunity to make himself untradeable.

Didn't come through.

His fault.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Rasho was given every opportunity to make himself untradeable.

Didn't come through.

His fault.
Some people have no sense of humor...

The point is that the Spurs don't care why Finley or Barry or Rasho came here or how much money they gave up to be here; the Spurs will do whatever they want whenever they want. The reasons the poster gave for keeping Finley are bogus. They will keep him because he has worked out well- they have been trying to trade Barry for a year because he hasn't.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 09:59 PM
I agree with that, for the most part. I believe Finley would probably get some informal consideration about his destination if a trade came up

Maybe not.

I understand you're upset about Rahso and it's coloring all your posts. It's easy to misunderstand your intentions.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2006, 10:06 PM
rasho = took less money, we got him a championship ring = gets traded
nazr = " " " "
barry is next

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 10:36 PM
If we get rid of barry, how do we fill the backup shooting guard spot?Assuming Finley is Bruce's backup.

furry_spurry
07-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I understand you're upset about Rasho and it's coloring all your posts. It's easy to misunderstand your intentions.
Actually, I am extremely excited for Rasho. I think he will be much happier in Toronto.

I just don't agree with the notion that players are rewarded for "sacrificing" monetarily to come to the Spurs. The team is all about how much they want you here and how much they care about you as a person, but when they are through using you for whatever purpose they want, it's not personal anymore and it's just a business. People get mad at players who look out for themselves but ownership always does.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I certainly don't hold players' self-interest against them, and it's very easy to understand why a guy like Joel would take the money, just as I understand why the Spurs don't offer the most money in free agency.

I do think that a higher profile signing like Fin might get more consideration than a guy like Oberto if it came to a trade because it works in the team's self-interest.

Ditching players they've signed hasn't really hurt the Mavs as a FA destination, and they've been some of the worst offenders.