PDA

View Full Version : Pistons vs Bulls

himat
07-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Who'll have a better season, and which GM will make moves to make their team a real threat at the championship?

The Bulls got Big Ben, but should that change them from first round exits to champions?

As for the Pistons they have been there, but they lost Ben. Unless Nazr shows something we haven't seen or if Joe D. can get back to being a top GM the Pistons won't be back to the Finals.

johngateswhiteley
07-04-2006, 08:32 PM
i kind of think the bulls will be better than the pistons next year. the loss of ben really hurts the pistons bench and the bulls are young and getting better...add in ben wallace for leadership...and i think the bulls have a better year. but we'll see...

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2006, 08:34 PM
^^^ you have no idea what ur talking about, r u on crack? :smokin

himat
07-04-2006, 08:36 PM
He's entitled to his own opinion. I think the Pistons will do better if Sheed doesn't get too emotional about Ben leaving. Now if the Pistons want to win a ship Nazr has to be very good, the bench needs pt and needs to perform, and Joe D. has to make a move like he did in 04 to get Sheed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2006, 08:38 PM
its all good, im just giving him crap. He knows who i am :smokin

himat
07-04-2006, 08:39 PM
:tu He might be on crack though :lol . Just kidding man.

lilmads
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I still think Pistons will come out on top, however Bulls will be a team to look out for...

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Bulls. They had the best field goal percentage defense in the NBA by a pretty decent margin last year and that was before they got Tyrus Thomas and Big Ben. Don't forget Thomas is supposed to be a stud. However he does remind me a little of Stromile Swift...

johngateswhiteley
07-04-2006, 09:04 PM
^^^ you have no idea what ur talking about, r u on crack? :smokin

ha ha. whats up Dean...we finally meet on this board. however, look at my post count here compared to "our" board and you'll see where my loyalties lie. :lol

...btw, the pistons are done, imo. bulls will be better next year...and if not next then definitely after.

atxrocker
07-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Bulls. They had the best field goal percentage defense in the NBA by a pretty decent margin last year and that was before they got Tyrus Thomas and Big Ben. Don't forget Thomas is supposed to be a stud. However he does remind me a little of Stromile Swift...

I think the Stro comparisons are overblown. He does have similar aspects that can be compared. Apparently his work ethic is much better than Stro's. I think he will at minimum be very solid.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-04-2006, 09:21 PM
ha ha. whats up Dean...we finally meet on this board. however, look at my post count here compared to "our" board and you'll see where my loyalties lie. :lol

i knew it wouldnt take long :smokin

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2006, 09:31 PM
who knows.

The Bulls will not start the season on a 12 game winning streak. They will struggle early. But will get better as the year goes on.

They have to learn each others game. They have to become familiar with each other.

I do think they could be the best defensive team out there this year, but I also think they will have a hard time of it offensively. Ben, Thomas, Allen, Chandler (could be gone) and Hinrich will struggle to score.

Pistons are not dead. We will put up a hell of a fight ... but it may not be enough.

Depth will be the question. We know Chicago has it. We know Detroit has chosen not to display it. The players on our current roster are more than capable to show something. Hopefully, Joe has told Flip to utilize it. Delfino, Maxiell, Johnson, Delk should all be able scorers.

I still think Detroit will have a better regualr season record. They could beat us in the playoffs though ...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
They'll face in the semis and the Pistons will win in 7 games by 2-OT. Because Ben Wallace misses the GW shot. I'm still sour about it. I just can't believe that he'll just go to Chicago for the money. I know they offered alot more but he made it sound like he forgot all about the championship. It's just not like him.

NBA Junkie
07-04-2006, 10:46 PM
With Ben's defection to Chicago, it doesn't mean the Bulls are odds on favorites. It means that the Central division will be the most entertaining thing about the NBA next season as Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland all figure to be 50 win teams.

IMO, there's no clear cut favorite here and that division will be a dog fight. If Indiana can add Harrington and stay injury free, that only makes the Central even more competitive.

Lp26
07-05-2006, 12:13 AM
They'll face in the semis and the Pistons will win in 7 games by 2-OT. Because Ben Wallace misses the GW shot. I'm still sour about it. I just can't believe that he'll just go to Chicago for the money. I know they offered alot more but he made it sound like he forgot all about the championship. It's just not like him.

You Spurs fans are great. Thanks for being pissed off right along with us (and not rubbing it in) :lol

Ben leaving is going to take a long time to get over. I'm just so dissappointed with the way both sides (Dumars/Davidson and Ben) handled the situation :depressed

DTP
07-05-2006, 02:25 AM
I think the Pistons will still finish better in the standing but guys like Sheed and Prince will have to be more consistent. I like this new rival thats starting to build up again between the Pistons and Bulls and it will be fun to see these teams go at it next season in the standings.

G-Money
07-05-2006, 03:17 AM
The Pistons will have the better season and I think they will go futher in the Playoffs. I mean Ben was the heart and soul of the Pistons and he was our best defensive guy but he was our worst offenisve guy. Chauncey, Rip, Tay and Sheed are pretty good defenders aswell.

I think the Bulls shot them self in the foot by paying Ben all that money, now they will have a hard time to keep Gordan and some other guys when they are FA

Darrin
07-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Who'll have a better season, and which GM will make moves to make their team a real threat at the championship?

The Bulls got Big Ben, but should that change them from first round exits to champions?

Ben Wallace, if he makes the playoffs, has yet to miss the second round. Why start now?

As for the Pistons they have been there, but they lost Ben. Unless Nazr shows something we haven't seen or if Joe D. can get back to being a top GM the Pistons won't be back to the Finals.

This is looking more and more like 1991-92 all over again.

1Parker1
07-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Bulls are going to the Finals next season, or at least the ECF. With no Bench, a weak coach, and no Big Ben...Pistons have officially dropped out of Championship contention, IMO. They'll still make the playoffs, maybe even get to the second round...but the team they have now will not be winning any rings.

Bulls are just having a sick offseason. Not only do they still have Heinrich as their PG, they made the playoffs and took the eventual champs to 6 games, they managed to snag the 2nd overall NBA pick, AND picked up Ben Wallace. Good times for Bulls fans :smokin

leemajors
07-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Bulls are going to the Finals next season, or at least the ECF. With no Bench, a weak coach, and no Big Ben...Pistons have officially dropped out of Championship contention, IMO. They'll still make the playoffs, maybe even get to the second round...but the team they have now will not be winning any rings.

Bulls are just having a sick offseason. Not only do they still have Heinrich as their PG, they made the playoffs and took the eventual champs to 6 games, they managed to snag the 2nd overall NBA pick, AND picked up Ben Wallace. Good times for Bulls fans :smokin

the bulls still have to find a way to score more points, and wallace does not help out in that regard.

mabber
07-05-2006, 09:47 AM
He's entitled to his own opinion. I think the Pistons will do better if Sheed doesn't get too emotional about Ben leaving. Now if the Pistons want to win a ship Nazr has to be very good, the bench needs pt and needs to perform, and Joe D. has to make a move like he did in 04 to get Sheed.

Is Sheed tight with Wallace? If not, who is? They seemed like a fairly tight group on the surface but I'm sure some were closer friends off the court.

1Parker1
07-05-2006, 09:50 AM
^Mabber that's what I was wondering...

1Parker1
07-05-2006, 09:54 AM
the bulls still have to find a way to score more points, and wallace does not help out in that regard.

Ehh, they still have Gordon, Heinrich, and Nocioni. Add Ben Wallace to that group and the Bulls are in good shape to make the ECF, I think. Especially seeing as how one of their other top contenders (Pistons) is no more. Miami is still the team to beat since they are the Champs, however, I don't think they'll repeat, especially is Zo retires. Cavs are still good because of Lebron, however, they haven't really made any major offseason moves yet that will put them over that hump. Pacers are in re-building mode so I doubt they'll be much of a factor in the East. The Magic and the Bulls will be the surprise teams in the East, I think.

MrChug
07-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Bulls, no question. Not that Ben was the SOLE reason, but it helps. Veteran leadership and professionalism (work ethic) to a team already defensively athletic, young and disciplined. Scott Skiles>Flip Saunders. Also I'm really stoked about Tyrus Thomas.

1Parker1
07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh Shit, I almost forgot they also landed Tyrus Thomas....Baby Bulls are going to be exciting to watch next season. I was already rooting for them last season..!

mabber
07-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh Shit, I almost forgot they also landed Tyrus Thomas....Baby Bulls are going to be exciting to watch next season. I was already rooting for them last season..!

Yeah, I enjoyed watching them play last season as they play really hard all game long. They should be tough this coming season.

G-Money
07-06-2006, 02:56 PM
I have already said my opion but the bulls shot them self in the foot by giving Ben that much money. I dont see them coming close to the ECF and I still see the Pistons making it to the ECF. Why do people think Ben leaving distroys the Pistons team? We still have Billups, Sheed,Rip,Tayshan. And off the bench we still got Hunter, Mcdyess, delfeno(he will get a lot more time now bank on it.) Im sure Delk will stay. No way has the Pistons fallen out of title contention, people make this whole issue way overrated then it really is.

RON ARTEST
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM
I have already said my opion but the bulls shot them self in the foot by giving Ben that much money. I dont see them coming close to the ECF and I still see the Pistons making it to the ECF. Why do people think Ben leaving distroys the Pistons team? We still have Billups, Sheed,Rip,Tayshan. And off the bench we still got Hunter, Mcdyess, delfeno(he will get a lot more time now bank on it.) Im sure Delk will stay. No way has the Pistons fallen out of title contention, people make this whole issue way overrated then it really is.
the piston are very good but they arent title contenders because even if they get lucky and somehow make it to the finals they can not beat ANYBODY coming out of the west, you cant just let ben wallace leave for nothing. your bench is one of the worst benches in the entire league, they will probably win 50 games but with that bench you cant win in the playoffs. you couldnt win it all with ben so how the hell do you expect to win it without him?

G-Money
07-06-2006, 05:03 PM
the piston are very good but they arent title contenders because even if they get lucky and somehow make it to the finals they can not beat ANYBODY coming out of the west, you cant just let ben wallace leave for nothing. your bench is one of the worst benches in the entire league, they will probably win 50 games but with that bench you cant win in the playoffs. you couldnt win it all with ben so how the hell do you expect to win it without him?

We have won it all with Ben.

And during the course of the season whos the say Detroit would trade some bench players for some better players and then win again this season? This whole Ben Wallace thing doesnt really change a whole lot, sure it our defense is weaker but our other 4 guys are so underrated by playing defense.

And I dont know how you can say they cant beat anyone in the west. Anything is possible. One guy doesnt make a team and I still think the Pistons are in title contention.

mabber
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM

I think the Pistons could possibly make it back to the ECF's but that's about it. I just have to think that they will miss Wallace terribly on defense and on the boards. He was a big reason why the other Piston guys were good defenders. They always knew he had their back. Yeah, you still have 4 really good players but what are the odds that they make it thru another season w/o any injuries. Last season was absolutely amazing for the Pistons in terms of so few injuries (compared to all the other top teams). Ya never know but I'd be really surprised if the Pistons made it thru the east.

shaggy17
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Flip " I think I am god's gift to coaching" Saunders is only going to cause more issues with Sheed and the rest of that team. Flip is a shitty coach and they ought to beg larry brown to come back

Marklar MM
07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
The Pistons have a bench...it all depends if Flip plays them. When he played them, they performed. None of that shit he pulled in the playoffs with inconsistent minutes and dnp's.