PDA

View Full Version : Pride/UFC question.

Quadzilla99
07-04-2006, 11:40 PM
This isn't a poll. I just starting watching it more recently because boxing has become so god awful lately. I'm wondering which one is generally considered better? Which champs in each division are better too? Is Emelianenko the best Heavyweight? I know Lidell is the best right?

judaspriestess
07-05-2006, 12:00 AM
The pay per view for UFC this Saturday is gonna be a good one.

Its the rubber match for heavyweights Tim Sylvia and Andre Orlowski (spelled wrong) is gonna be interesting and of course Tito Ortiz is gonna beat the crap out of Ken Shamrock again

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 12:26 AM
^^Thanks for nothing!

LEONARD
07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
This isn't a poll. I just starting watching it more recently because boxing has become so god awful lately. I'm wondering which one is generally considered better? Which champs in each division are better too? Is Emelianenko the best Heavyweight? I know Lidell is the best right?

The consensus is that Pride is better overal...

HW - Pride dominates the UFC. There are 4-5 Pride HW's that would kill AA / Silvia, which is all the UFC has at HW right now (Vera is on the rise). Fedor would finish them both in less than a minute... :lol

LHW - Wanderlei Silva would beat Chuck Liddell IMO. He's fighting in the open weight tourny in Pride right now...he's the only non-HW. Shogun, Arona, little Nog...there are others that could challenge Chuck.

MW - Franklin is right there with Dan Henderson. Anderson Silva coming to the UFC helps the UFC's cause. MW is fairly even.

WW - UFC is pretty well represented at 170 lbs. Matt Hughes, Georges St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Karo Parisyan, Sean Sherk (now a LW), Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch, etc.

LW - Gomi is light years ahead of everyone else and right up there in the lb for lb argument. The UFC is getting stronger after bringing back the LW's though. Jens Pulver is back and Sherk dropped down...still way behind Pride.

Pride's weight classes are a little different, so it's hard to make some of the comparisons fairly. But overall, most MMA fans agree that Pride is stronger overall...

You can DL the Pride PPV from last weekend in my thread below...

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
The consensus is that Pride is better overal...

HW - Pride dominates the UFC. There are 4-5 Pride HW's that would kill AA / Silvia, which is all the UFC has at HW right now (Vera is on the rise). Fedor would finish them both in less than a minute... :lol

LHW - Wanderlei Silva would beat Chuck Liddell IMO. He's fighting in the open weight tourny in Pride right now...he's the only non-HW. Shogun, Arona, little Nog...there are others that could challenge Chuck.

MW - Franklin is right there with Dan Henderson. Anderson Silva coming to the UFC helps the UFC's cause. MW is fairly even.

WW - UFC is pretty well represented at 170 lbs. Matt Hughes, Georges St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Karo Parisyan, Sean Sherk (now a LW), Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch, etc.

LW - Gomi is light years ahead of everyone else and right up there in the lb for lb argument. The UFC is getting stronger after bringing back the LW's though. Jens Pulver is back and Sherk dropped down...still way behind Pride.

Pride's weight classes are a little different, so it's hard to make some of the comparisons fairly. But overall, most MMA fans agree that Pride is stronger overall...

You can DL the Pride PPV from last weekend in my thread below...

You rock. Thanks a ton.

judaspriestess
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
^^Thanks for nothing!
:lol thats about as far as I know. I was just being nice and posting on your thread that no one else had, so much for that

2centsworth
07-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Pound for Pound Hughs is probably the best. Plus, Franklin and Liddell can compete with anyone.

I lean towards the UFC, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Good question for Kris.

LEONARD
07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Pound for Pound Hughs is probably the best. Plus, Franklin and Liddell can compete with anyone.

I lean towards the UFC, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Good question for Kris.

Hughes is up there lb for lb...

Franklin and Liddell can compete...no doubt. Pride has a ton more depth at LHW for sure though. Liddell is better now than he was 3 yrs ago when Dana sent him to Pride and Rampage kicked his ass all over the ring. I still don't think he's good enough to beat Wanderlei Silva though...

Another thing to consider is the rules diffences. Pride, no elbows, but kicks/stomps to a man on the ground are allowed. UFC, vice versa. Also ring vs cage...some UFC fighters would suffer without a cage to pin guys against. Not saying either is better, just different...

Fedor is the baddest dude in the world at any weight though. Checkout this HL video of him...done to Tool...it's wicked...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MDQUKRO

:fro

GrandeDavid
07-07-2006, 07:17 AM
I saw the UFC in Los Angeles last month and actually loved it. I already posted a thread about it. I also loved brushing up against Paris Hilton, not in a pervy way, mind you. I did love her perfume, though. :p

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 04:53 AM
I couldn't get that link to work Leonard but I've seen him fight before against Crocup. Crocup messed up his ribs a little bit with his left kick but Fedor beat him pretty soundly, don't know if that was the only time they fought. Thanks.

LEONARD
07-08-2006, 07:57 AM
I couldn't get that link to work Leonard but I've seen him fight before against Crocup. Crocup messed up his ribs a little bit with his left kick but Fedor beat him pretty soundly, don't know if that was the only time they fought. Thanks.

Yea, they've only fought once.

The link is still good. Click on it, then enter the code at the top right. If it doesn't seem like it's working hit refresh and see if the code box appears...

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I like UFC better.

There is a huge difference in what these guys do in a fight.

Pride is more of a slugfest & from the dozen or so matches I've seen the action can tend to slow too much. Sure the ref says to fight but in UFC the ref will break-up the fighters & stand them up if it gets boring/slow.

UFC has much more skill on the ground. Not enough action on the ground in Pride. Rules are probably the reason, I dont know?
Like I said, in UFC the ref will stand them up if neither fighter trys to advance their position.

I like both but I will take a UFC fight over Pride when the fighters in UFC/Pride are of belt quality.

LEONARD
07-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pride is more of a slugfest & from the dozen or so matches I've seen the action can tend to slow too much. Sure the ref says to fight but in UFC the ref will break-up the fighters & stand them up if it gets boring/slow.

UFC has much more skill on the ground. Not enough action on the ground in Pride. Rules are probably the reason, I dont know?
Like I said, in UFC the ref will stand them up if neither fighter trys to advance their position

I don't see how anybody can say that Pride is more of a "slugfest" (well, maybe somebody that's only seen a dozen or so fights!). Pride definitely has more fighters with ground skills, and better ground skills.

Are you saying they don't stand the fighters up in Pride? If anything, they stand them up FASTER in Pride than they do in the UFC, AND they issue yellow cards for stalling which takes 10% of the fighter's purse!! They don't do that in the UFC...

As far as rules go, I prefer Pride's no elbows rule since they can cause cuts that stop fights early (not good for the fans!), but they DO allow kicks to a downed opponent, stomps, etc which aren't allowed in the UFC (too violent for US fans).

Soccer kicks to the head > elbows IMO :fro

I like both but I will take a UFC fight over Pride when the fighters in UFC/Pride are of belt quality.

You need to watch more Pride, holmes...a dozen fights obviously wasn't enough :lol

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Not a dozen fights.
A dozen or so, events or whatever. The 90min thingy that they put on for PPV or that they later broadcast.

So, take a dozen (or so) & multiply it by 90min (or so) & that is about how much I've seen. Don't break out the calculator, that is OVER a 1000min right there. :lol

I like the elbows because it is used in fighting so why not allow it?
A knee/fist/elbow can all cause cuts.

UFC still better IMO.

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 02:17 PM
You can download a ton of highlights from Pride/UFC/whatever from Limewire & UFC's always looks better.

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
This is forbidden.
Striking downward using the point of the elbow.

So, where EXACTLY does the forearm stop & the elbow begin?
IDK, but the point is forbidden in downward strikes & THAT can indeed cause major cuts around the head/face.

LEONARD
07-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Not a dozen fights. A dozen or so, events or whatever. The 90min thingy that they put on for PPV or that they later broadcast.

So, take a dozen (or so) & multiply it by 90min (or so) & that is about how much I've seen. Don't break out the calculator, that is OVER a 1000min right there. :lol

I like the elbows because it is used in fighting so why not allow it?
A knee/fist/elbow can all cause cuts.

UFC still better IMO.

a dozen or so "matches" is what you said...a match = a fight doesn't it?

What is 90 min's? PPV's are 3 hrs. The Pride summary shows on FSN are 1 hr. Not sure what you're watching that's 90 min's...maybe it's some PPV's that I'm missing?? :lol I think you've seen a few downloads and that's it based on what you've said and the statements you're making.

Of course anything can cause a cut, but it doesn't take watching too many fights to see that elbows cause more of the types of cuts that end fights immediately due to the severity of the cut.

You can stomp and kick on the ground in a real fight too...why doesn't the UFC allow that?? (just using your own argument against you)

You can download a ton of highlights from Pride/UFC/whatever from Limewire & UFC's always looks better.

WTF? This makes ZERO sense dude... :rolleyes

How can you make a generic statement like that??? :lol

And thanks for the hot tip on where to DL highlights...I DL all of the PPV events within an hr of each fight, and it's not on POS Limewire :lol

You can say the UFC is better all you want...that's your opinion. But your reasons make absolutely ZERO sense...

UFC fans BOO when the fights go to the ground and the punishment for stalling is being stood back up.

Pride has the best ground fighters in the sport, and if there is stalling the fighters are docked 10% of their pay.

This is forbidden.
Striking downward using the point of the elbow.

So, where EXACTLY does the forearm stop & the elbow begin?
IDK, but the point is forbidden in downward strikes & THAT can indeed cause major cuts around the head/face.

That was random... :drunk Did you go to the UFC site to lookup the rules on elbows? Why would such a knowledgable MMA fan need to do that? :lol

It's pretty clear. You can't strike STRAIGHT down (ie, 12:00 to 6:00) using the point of the elbow.

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 04:45 PM
a dozen or so "matches" is what you said...a match = a fight doesn't it?
I clarified to an event. Hmmm, couldn't tackle that one could you?? :lol

Of course anything can cause a cut, (Really? Wow, sounded like a Pride master like you thought only the elbows could. :lol ) but it doesn't take watching too many fights to see that elbows cause more of the types of cuts that end fights immediately due to the severity of the cut.

You can stomp and kick on the ground in a real fight too...why doesn't the UFC allow that?? (just using your own argument against you)
Good point BUT, I would like to see it myself as well.

WTF? This makes ZERO sense dude
Is it as much a ZERO as this "The consensus is that Pride is better overal..."
Says who? Oh, I guess you forgot to post the completely scientific survey that you took. :lol :lol

How can you make a generic statement like that??? :lol
How can YOU make a generic stmnt like that??? Just using your own argument against you. :lol :lol

And thanks for the hot tip on where to DL highlights...I DL all of the PPV events within an hr of each fight, and it's not on POS Limewire :lol

You can say the UFC is better all you want...that's your opinion. But your reasons make absolutely ZERO sense...
Just like yours I assume. Sorry to embarass you on the board 'mano. :lol :lol :lol

UFC fans BOO when the fights go to the ground and the punishment for stalling is being stood back up.
Yeah, all the fans do I guess. Since you've seen every UFC fight you know this right? :lol :lol

Pride has the best ground fighters in the sport....
Just your opinion once again. :drunk :lol

Why would such a knowledgable MMA fan need to do that?
Well, I don't claim to know all the rules of every sport. I am in no way the expert on MMA like yourself since you've polled every person in the world on which is better and you were able to find out what no one ever had before.
The consensus is that Pride is better overal... :lol
Damn, I had to shart on that one!
The concensus according to whom?!?!?!? :lol

It's pretty clear. You can't strike STRAIGHT down (ie, 12:00 to 6:00) using the point of the elbow.
Wow, glad u came to your senses on that one with you being so concerned over cuts and all. Didn't know if I'd have to throw a link on the board to help u process that info. :lol

LEONARD
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
How have you embarrassed me?? :lol

You haven't defended any of your statements with anything. Half of your responses don't even make sense...especially based on what you're responding to...

If you want a "consensus"...try checking some MMA world rankings or take a poll on some MMA forums...

WW is the only weight class that most would agree the UFC is better as far as top 10 fighters goes. There are about 5 Pride HW's better than Sylvia and Arlovski. There are at least 3 or 4 LHW's that would give Chuck major problems, whereas right now there aren't too many worthy contenders for him in the UFC (although I think Babalu will beat him). MW is fairly even. LW is getting better in the UFC, but Pride is still way ahead...

I won't bother posting the link to an MMA forum where everyone is laughing at the ridiculousness of your statements...THAT would be embarrassing... :lol

Enjoy the fights... :fro

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Is that the concensus? :lol :lol :lol

Tonight's event will be awesome!
You enjoy the evening as well.

Mr Dio
07-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Wanderlei Silva now moves up to top comp & joins the UFC.

Silva v Chuck in Nov.

LEONARD
07-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Is that the concensus? :lol :lol :lol

Tonight's event will be awesome!
You enjoy the evening as well.

LMAO!! Awesome??

Sylvia / AA are both JOKES with no ground skills...

Edwards / Stevenson was a great fight until an elbow ended it prematurely...

Seems like somebody here mentioned these things before this event?? :lol

The Pride flood gates are open and a bunch of UFC fans are in for a rude awakening when their hero's start getting smashed...

Wanderlei Silva now moves up to top comp & joins the UFC.

Silva v Chuck in Nov.

Top comp?? LMAO!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Chuck will get SMASHED...

Mr Dio
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Edwards / Stevenson was a great fight until an elbow ended it prematurely...

Oh yeah, I forgot that all fights are supposed to go the distance & be left up to the refs. :lmao
Such knowledge! I'm impressed! :lol

Mr Dio
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Chuck will get SMASHED...

Is that the concensus? Again? :lol

LEONARD
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that all fights are supposed to go the distance & be left up to the refs. :lmao
Such knowledge! I'm impressed! :lol

Where did I say that exactly??? I've never seen a person on ANY message board that responds with more ridiculous BS than yourself...congrats!!

The reason Pride doesn't allow elbows is because of early stoppages due to cuts when the fighter really isn't hurt. Stevenson / Edwards is the PERFECT example. Edwards was fine and wanted to fight, but the cut wouldn't let him...

Is that the concensus? Again? :lol

Actually, it's my opinion...

but it's consensus around the MMA world by people that KNOW something about the sport. I'm not talking about people that watch the "90 min thingy" shows like yourself... :lol

Can you justify your "top comp" statement? Or how about anything you say? I'm still confused how the UFC has better ground fighting than Pride...

LEONARD
07-10-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/75261.jpg

:lol

tlongII
07-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Vanderlei Silva will absolutely DESTROY Chuck Liddell.

Mr Dio
07-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I've never seen a person on ANY message board that responds with more ridiculous BS than yourself...congrats!!
You need a mirror than homie. :lol

The reason Pride doesn't allow elbows is because of early stoppages due to cuts when the fighter really isn't hurt. Stevenson / Edwards is the PERFECT example. Edwards was fine and wanted to fight, but the cut wouldn't let him...
How many times have you seen a true fighter quit? WTF, OF COURSE a fighter wants to continue.
Like I said clown, are all fights supposed to go the distance? u in your own little expert MMA fantasyland proably think so. :lol

Actually, it's my opinion...
Yeah, like that matters. But it's obviously an expert opinion right? What happened to the concensus??? :lol

LEONARD
07-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Unbelievable... :lol

I'm not talking about fighters quitting...where did you get that? Of course they want to continue, but many times they PHYSICALLY can't because they're out of it. I stated a FACT that Edwards was NOT hurt (ie, dazed, KO'd, etc) but the cut kept him from continuing. I've already dismissed what you said about decisions too, so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up again... :smokin

I posted the concensus of MMA fans on Sherdog in the other thread and replied with betting lines for Sylvia and Stevenson... :smokin

Quadzilla99
07-11-2006, 03:53 AM
How will the rules affect each fighter? Not that much maybe because it's still down to skill?

LEONARD
07-11-2006, 08:20 AM
How will the rules affect each fighter? Not that much maybe because it's still down to skill?

There will be some impact for Silva, but he's fought all over the world under all kinds of rules...I think he'll be fine. He loses the ability to kick on the ground, but he can throw elbows which he can't do right now in Pride. Cage vs Ring...etc etc

Also, roid testing...
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2330&zoneid=13

Right now he's fighting in the open weight tourny, so he's fighting around 220-225 lbs. He'll have to cut weight to 205 lbs to fight Chuck, but that's pretty normal for UFC LHW's...Chuck probably walks around at 220 lbs or so...

DarkReign
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Soccer kicks to the head > elbows IMO :fro

I completely disagree. I think kicking people in any way, shape or form when they are down is totally pussy shit.

No elbows?! Yet they allow kicks to downed opponents.....

For the record, I like both alot. But kicking people when they are down is just pussy shit. Its a sanctioned match, not a street fight. Why not just allow 2 on 1s then?

LEONARD
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I completely disagree. I think kicking people in any way, shape or form when they are down is totally pussy shit.

No elbows?! Yet they allow kicks to downed opponents.....

For the record, I like both alot. But kicking people when they are down is just pussy shit. Its a sanctioned match, not a street fight. Why not just allow 2 on 1s then?

What about kicks to the legs when a guy is down and won't get up??

For some reason the Japanese culture sees it as just a normal part of the sport but here in the US it's considered "barbaric."

We can agree to disagree...

and I don't see how 2 on 1 has any bearing on what we're talking about ;)

Mr Dio
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I think the point he was trying to make was that if one can kick a downed opponent then why not allow an all out no rules fight to include 2 on 1?

Am I correct DR? I see your point as well & I find it pretty easy to understand your message.

LEONARD
07-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I think the point he was trying to make was that if one can kick a downed opponent then why not allow an all out no rules fight to include 2 on 1?

Am I correct DR? I see your point as well & I find it pretty easy to understand your message.

I'd expect you to understand other irrelevant replies...

Why is kicking so much worse than elbowing??

Mr Dio
07-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I'd expect you to understand other irrelevant replies...

Yes, I see some of the replies to my posts so I know what you mean with the above statement.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Vanderlei Silva will absolutely DESTROY Chuck Liddell.

no chance this is gonna happen..liddell will finish him in the first round..silva will come out swinging and then regret ever steping in with the iceman

LEONARD
07-14-2006, 06:48 AM
no chance this is gonna happen..liddell will finish him in the first round..silva will come out swinging and then regret ever steping in with the iceman

I think a lot of UFC fans have that opinion...which is fine...

I just think they're in for a rude awakening...

Supreme Allah
08-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I think a lot of UFC fans have that opinion...which is fine...

I just think they're in for a rude awakening...

They are in for a rude awakening. Wanderlei is a better fighter in EVERY ASPECT.

LEONARD
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
My MMA pants are going crazy right now...12 UFC / Pride events between now and the end of the year!!! :fro

The Sept and Oct Pride cards are looking better than any card the UFC has ever put out...

PRIDE OPEN WEIGHT GRAND PRIX FINALS: SEPTEMBER 10
(The semi-finals and finals will take place on the same night)

Grand Prix Semi-Final Bouts:
-Mirko Cro Cop vs. Wanderlei Silva
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett

Grand Prix Alternate Bout:
-Sergei Kharitonov vs. Aleksander Emelianenko

Non-Tournament Bouts:
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. TBA
-Ricardo Arona vs. TBA
-Alistair Overeem vs. TBA

and

Pride announced 10 fighters for their "Real Deal" Vegas show in Oct...
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413633

Scheduled To Participate:
Fedor Emelianenko (Red Devil Sport Club)
Mauricio Shogun Rua (Chute Boxe)
Mirko Crocop Filipovic (CroCop Squad Gym)
Kazuyuki Fujita (Freelance)
Josh Barnett (AMC Pankration)
Mark Coleman (Hammer House)
Kevin Randleman (Hammer House)
Phil Baroni (Hammer House)
Kazuhiro Nakamura (Yoshida Dojo)
Pawel Nastula (Takada Dojo)

They still have to fill out the card and Crocop / Barnett are in the OWGP so they could get hurt.

Shogun vs Randleman is supposedly locked in, and Coleman has been offered a rematch with Fedor but hasn't accepted it yet. (from an inside source...we'll see if he's right or not)

:hat

Rip-Hamilton32
08-14-2006, 06:34 PM
They are in for a rude awakening. Wanderlei is a better fighter in EVERY ASPECT.

not really he will no longer be able to kick them or stomp there head while they are on the ground..and liddell has a better chin and is also a better striker

DarkReign
08-15-2006, 08:16 AM

BTW, yes, you are correct.

Kicking in the legs, thats no big deal. Thats incentive for them to get the fuck up.

But that fight where the dude straight stepped on some asian dudes face in Pride isnt cool. At all. Ever.

The Nazis used to use the heel of their boots to crush the back of peoples skulls to save bullets. My point is, allowing fighters to kick/stomp an opponent when they are down is inviting catastrophe. If that stomp (im looking on youtube) was completely clean, that asian dude would have died. Period.

The human face is pretty fragile. Plant the back of your skull on a hard surface, then allow someone to step between your legs and come down with their heel on your nose. Dude, the best case scenario is youll be eating thru a straw the rest of your life.

LEONARD
08-15-2006, 08:26 AM
not really he will no longer be able to kick them or stomp there head while they are on the ground..and liddell has a better chin and is also a better striker

LMFAO!!

How can you say Liddell has a better chin? When has it really been tested??? How many top 5 HW's has he fought??? ZERO

Let's look at the last few years for Chuck:
Lost to Couture who was 40 yrs old at the time
Beat Overeem (quality win)
Killed by Rampage
Beat Tito (quality win, even though Tito was coming off a loss to Couture)
Beat Couture (41 yrs old)
Beat Vernon White (spare)
Beat Jeremy Horn (he's a great fighter, but he's a MW!)
Beat Couture (42 yrs old)
Overeem is the only BIG striker he's beaten...Rampage punked him all over the ring.

Let's see what's Silva's done vs BIG strikers...

5 Rd Draw with Crocop - top 3 HW in the world and a world class striker, but coudn't knock him out.

3 Rd decesion loss to Mark Hunt - one of the best HW strikers in the world (70 lbs heavier than Silva) and he couldn't knock him out.

KO'd Fujita...and he's destroyed Rampage twice...

Chuck can't KO Silva...Chuck can't submit Silva...his only chance is that it goes to a decision, which will be REALLY hard for Silva to get in the US.

I REALLY hope this fights happens soon...Chuck is already 37 yrs old...if they wait much longer the Chuck fans will say that he would've won a couple years ago, etc etc... :lol

And Silva has fought under all kinds of rules...he doesn't need soccer kick and stomps to win. He'll be able to play with his massive elbows to make up for it...

DarkReign
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Well, I will say Rampage thoroughly dominated Chuck. Just watched the video, it wasnt even really close.

You can tell the round length got to Lidell. No, that isnt an excuse. I am not partial one way or the other, but it was obvious Rampage was trained for Pride. All in all, its obvious Pride has better talent and more dangerous fighters.

Its not really an issue anymore.

LEONARD
08-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Chuck would have a signicant "home court" advantage with it being his org, his cage, and his rules...

but I don't think it's enough...Silva is a beast...

2nd round KO for Silva via knee strike...

DarkReign
08-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Chuck would have a signicant "home court" advantage with it being his org, his cage, and his rules...

but I don't think it's enough...Silva is a beast...

2nd round KO for Silva via knee strike...

I dont know. I dont pretend to be a student of the game, but that fight with Rampage was close in the first round. It was every round after that Lidell just didnt have any pop on his punches.

Lidell w/o pop = mediocre fighter

Off the top of my head, Pride goes 15 mins, then 5 and 5, right?

Either way, Lidell was gassed and Rampage wasnt. Silva is a beast, this is of no debate. But I believe that the the three 5 min rounds will benefit Lidell immensely.

Im going to go out on a limb and say Lidell wins by decison. There will be no KOs in this fight. Both have immaculate chins (barring a clean knee).

Supreme Allah
08-15-2006, 10:46 AM

First of all, you are arguing with an experienced fighter.

Second of all, Wanderlei is one of the top two strikers in the game, above, or just below Mirko Crocop. Also, while stomping is a trademark of Wanderlei's game, he has great defense on the ground.

Supreme Allah
08-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Pride announced 10 fighters for their "Real Deal" Vegas show in Oct...
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413633

Scheduled To Participate:
Fedor Emelianenko (Red Devil Sport Club)
Mauricio Shogun Rua (Chute Boxe)
Mirko Crocop Filipovic (CroCop Squad Gym)
Kazuyuki Fujita (Freelance)
Josh Barnett (AMC Pankration)
Mark Coleman (Hammer House)
Kevin Randleman (Hammer House)
Phil Baroni (Hammer House)
Kazuhiro Nakamura (Yoshida Dojo)
Pawel Nastula (Takada Dojo)

Oh wow that card just had me crapping my pants.

LEONARD
08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I dont know. I dont pretend to be a student of the game, but that fight with Rampage was close in the first round. It was every round after that Lidell just didnt have any pop on his punches.

Lidell w/o pop = mediocre fighter

Off the top of my head, Pride goes 15 mins, then 5 and 5, right?

Either way, Lidell was gassed and Rampage wasnt. Silva is a beast, this is of no debate. But I believe that the the three 5 min rounds will benefit Lidell immensely.

Im going to go out on a limb and say Lidell wins by decison. There will be no KOs in this fight. Both have immaculate chins (barring a clean knee).

Pride is 10, 5, 5.

And Liddell - Silva would be FIVE 5 min rounds as long as it was still a title fight.

The fact that the 1st round in Pride is 10 min's would help Silva I would think...he can go harder for 5 min's vs Chuck than he does in the 1st round in Pride matches (which is already pretty damn hard).

Yep, Liddell gas'd out...but he knew he was going to have 10 min 1st rounds while training for those fights in Pride...

Oh wow that card just had me crapping my pants.

UFC (only) fans have no idea how big this is... :fro

Some buddies and I are seriously considering getting tickets and making the 2500 mile round trip drive in 3 days... :drunk

DarkReign
08-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I forgot about the 5 rounds for title fights. Whoops.

Either way, its going to be great.

2centsworth
08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Chuck has a punchers chance. Otherwise, Silva wins going away.

romsho
08-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Great thread. I think top to bottom Pride is better than UFC, with more quality skilled fighters. I believe Pride fighters are also paid more, which matters, although with the popularity of UFC in the states continuing to rise, that is continuing to change as well. Wanderlei Silva is an absolute monster, one of the best I have ever seen. I would never bet against him, but don't think for a second that Chuck Lidell doesn't have what it takes to not only win the fight, but knock Silva out. Lidell has the skills and power to beat anyone, even someone as great as Silva, and he won't be intimidated. This is the one I have been waiting for. Should be a record number for MMA on pay per view.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Great thread. I think top to bottom Pride is better than UFC, with more quality skilled fighters. I believe Pride fighters are also paid more, which matters, although with the popularity of UFC in the states continuing to rise, that is continuing to change as well. Wanderlei Silva is an absolute monster, one of the best I have ever seen. I would never bet against him, but don't think for a second that Chuck Lidell doesn't have what it takes to not only win the fight, but knock Silva out. Lidell has the skills and power to beat anyone, even someone as great as Silva, and he won't be intimidated. This is the one I have been waiting for. Should be a record number for MMA on pay per view.

i agree, pride has great fighters but i believe liddell could take anyone of their fighters in his weight class..only because no one can stand with liddell and no one can really take the fight to the ground

LEONARD
08-16-2006, 11:54 AM

Hopefully it happens...

He COULD knock Silva out with the perfect punch, but I don't see it happening. Silva has stood in there with HW strikers like Hunt and Crocop and not been KO'd...

i agree, pride has great fighters but i believe liddell could take anyone of their fighters in his weight class..only because no one can stand with liddell and no one can really take the fight to the ground

No reply to my other post??? :lol

You don't think Silva or Shogun can stand with Liddell??

You don't think Arona or Little Nog can get Liddell to the ground??

Rip-Hamilton32
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
No reply to my other post??? :lol

You don't think Silva or Shogun can stand with Liddell??

You don't think Arona or Little Nog can get Liddell to the ground??

silva nor shogun can stand with liddell if they wanna get through the first round..im not saying they can't take liddell down im just saying i doubt they can keep him down long enough to do damage or win the fight

LEONARD
08-16-2006, 04:26 PM
silva nor shogun can stand with liddell if they wanna get through the first round..im not saying they can't take liddell down im just saying i doubt they can keep him down long enough to do damage or win the fight

Silva can't stand with Liddell, but he's gone many rounds with Crocop and Hunt??? :lol

LEONARD
08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Randleman - Shogun all but confirmed at the Pride "Real Deal" show in Vegas in Oct...

I think Fedor - Coleman will be announced soon too :fro

sa_butta
08-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Im getting ready for UFC fight night and then a new season of the Ultimate Fighter (4).

TheTruth
08-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Diego was the truth last night.

sa_butta
08-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Diego was the truth last night.that fight kicked ass. He rocked Carlos, especially at the end of the match.

DarkReign
08-18-2006, 08:48 PM
EDITED for being drunk.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
After a groin pull forced top 170 pound contender Georges St. Pierre to withdraw from his September 23rd rematch with UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California today, the UFC was faced with a dilemma. Who could possibly challenge the champ on short notice and still be compelling enough to get fight fans excited?

The answer was a no-brainer – the last man to beat Hughes, BJ Penn.

And as one of the top fighters in the world, pound for pound, Penn eagerly accepted the opportunity to make it 2-0 against the premier welterweight of this era.

“I thrive on these big fights, I thrive on pressure, and that’s when I perform my best,” said Penn, who was already in training for an October UFC bout when he got the call to replace St. Pierre.

For his part, Hughes -who has defended his crown eight times over two reigns - would like nothing better than to settle an old score with Hawaii’s ‘Prodigy’.

“Now I’ve got something to really look forward to. I’ve already beat Georges and here I get to fight BJ Penn, a guy who’s beaten me. I’m a month out and I can really concentrate on BJ Penn now, and I’m looking forward to it.”

In 2004, Penn, a highly regarded lightweight contender at the time, scored one of the biggest upsets in mixed martial arts history when he rose 15 pounds in weight to tackle and beat Hughes in his first-ever welterweight bout. The end came at 4:39 of the first round when Penn forced Hughes to tap out due to a rear-naked choke.

On September 23rd, the rivalry is renewed.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=3125

Mr Dio
08-25-2006, 12:44 AM
I really wanted to see GSP & Matt H go @ it again.

tlongII
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I want to see Diego get a shot at Hughes.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM
lol penn gets a shot first probaly because sanchez just fought..gsp and sanchez should fight for a title shot

LEONARD
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Hughes would overpower Diego...

Can't wait for Penn - Hughes...I hope Penn is IN SHAPE so he doesn't gas out after kicking GSP's ass for one round...

sa_butta
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyone watching Liddell-Sobral tomorrow night? I will be a Buffalo Wild Wings on I10 and Dezavala, $5 to get in.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
i am a bunch of friends getting together to watch it

Mr Dio
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Anyone watching Liddell-Sobral tomorrow night? I will be a Buffalo Wild Wings on I10 and Dezavala, $5 to get in.

What is it like @ the DeZ BWW location?
I've only been to the 151 loc & it is pretty cool....laid back but have seen some youngsters get in fights over some pretty petty stuff.
Is it high strung or laid back?

sa_butta
08-26-2006, 11:10 AM
What is it like @ the DeZ BWW location?
I've only been to the 151 loc & it is pretty cool....laid back but have seen some youngsters get in fights over some pretty petty stuff.
Is it high strung or laid back?The times I have gone it is really cool, but you must get there early last time they were locking people out at 8p because they reached capacity. No problems, good times. Get there early, maybe Ill see you there.

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Just showed Tim Duncan in the crowd of of UFC fight & Tim had some wild & wide open eyes!

spurs=bling
08-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Just showed Tim Duncan in the crowd of of UFC fight & Tim had some wild & wide open eyes!
i was just about to post that Dio!!!

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 09:33 PM
The 2 finger typer beat ya!!!

Blingy, Did you all see how Big John the ref almost blew it for Hermes?
He saved that guy Varner, for a little bit.

spurs=bling
08-26-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah i saw that.

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I was so pissed.
Couldn't fathom that was happening.

Next fight I think Kongo is going to beat down CW without mercy.

spurs=bling
08-26-2006, 09:36 PM
i get pissed when i see BJ the man was robbed last time.

spurs=bling
08-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Shamrock and Ortiz III Oct 10th on Spike TV :elephant :elephant

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Kongo just kicked ass.
If the guy improves a little on the ground could be a champion in HW class.

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Is that Jenna J with Tito??????????????????

Mr Dio
08-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow, Babalu got rocked.
I feel sorry for Silva.
When is the last time Silva fought a top rated UFC'er?
Gonna be a bit different than those PRIDE guys Silva, a little different.

spurs=bling
08-26-2006, 11:30 PM
what the hell?!?!?!?!? that was it?

that shit sucked. i want that minute of my life back.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-26-2006, 11:50 PM
liddell in 95 seconds...like i said hes the best..forrest and bonnar had another great fight aswell

Mr Dio
08-27-2006, 12:04 AM

95 seconds.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-27-2006, 12:09 AM
lol..i don't know what sobral was thinking comeing out swinging like he did, he got tagged and lights out once again..lol then ortiz marching the octagon was pretty funny

spurs=bling
08-27-2006, 12:10 AM
95 seconds.
shit if i were there i would put Tim and Jason Statham in the ring just for the kicks.

because those 95 seconds weren't enough.

Mr Dio
08-27-2006, 02:36 PM
lol..i don't know what sobral was thinking comeing out swinging like he did, he got tagged and lights out once again..lol then ortiz marching the octagon was pretty funny

And the way he would just drop his hands down like he was stretching ro warming up, he did this while continuing to close with Chuck & not while he was backed away.

LEONARD
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
The 2 finger typer beat ya!!!

Blingy, Did you all see how Big John the ref almost blew it for Hermes?
He saved that guy Varner, for a little bit.

The rest helped but penalizing Varner a pt for RUNNING away from Hermes certainly helped Hermes, don't ya think??

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/2546-FrancaVarner918.jpg

If he hadn't finished him off it probably would've been 28-28 due to the 10-8 final round for Hermes...Varner won the 1st 2 rounds.

Shamrock and Ortiz III Oct 10th on Spike TV :elephant :elephant

YAWN...at least it's free. Tito needs to get ready for Liddell Dec 30th...

Is that Jenna J with Tito??????????????????

Yes...they've been seen together for months.

Wow, Babalu got rocked.
I feel sorry for Silva. When is the last time Silva fought a top rated UFC'er?
Gonna be a bit different than those PRIDE guys Silva, a little different.

LMAO in so many ways...

1. Silva - Liddell is OFF, at least for this year. Where have you been?? Such a fan of the sport... :lol
2. Silva has been fighting HEAVYWEIGHTS here lately. Chuck? Never...
3. Silva isn't in the UFC so why would he have fought UFC guys lately? If he were in the UFC, what top guys should he fight other than Chuck or Tito? There's nobody else at 205 lbs. Instead of "UFC'er"'s over the past few years he's beaten Rampage twice, Yoshida, Fujita (HW), and Arona (top 5 LHW in the world). Also lost a tough decision to HW Mark Hunt. Chuck has never fought anybody like Crocop (HW) either, who Silva took to a draw in 2002.

I hope Silva - Liddell still happens eventually because I want to see Chuck get hammered, but for now the negotiations are over. If it doesn't happen I want to see Tito beat him. Time to get some of the redneck out of the UFC...some of these fans at the events are a JOKE (ie, booing Babalu!) and having a LHW champ with a mohawk just keeps some of these morons coming to the events...

Very disappointed in Babalu's performance, but why complain about a quick fight?? It is what it is...they can't all be 3 or 5 rd wars. Babalu got caught again and that's that. Allows more time for more fights to be shown...

LEONARD
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM

Babalu got him moving backwards and went for the shoot but caught with a nice uppercut. A little out of control, but he was going for a takedown like everybody expected.

Mr Dio
08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Jenna has also been married & living in AZ for yrs and only done MF scenes with her hubby.
She has been to other UFC events but I've never seen her with Tito.

LEONARD
08-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Jenna has also been married & living in AZ for yrs and only done MF scenes with her hubby. She has been to other UFC events but I've never seen her with Tito.

That's your only response??? :lol

LOL...do you ever get anything right??? :lol

She's been seen with Tito many times recently and has split from her hubby. Tito said on Stern that they ARE dating...
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420338

Here's a video of them together...
http://www.lulop.com/player.php/6694/01

She was seen with him at the WFA event in July and UFN 6 a couple weeks ago.

From her myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jennajameson
http://www.jennaspace.com/myspace/jj_to_kw.jpg
http://www.jennaspace.com/myspace/jj_titoufc.jpg

where her blog says that she split from her husband...

which comfirms the rumors here...

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/15/jenna-jameson-torn-between-two-lovers/
http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/25/jenna-looking-for-new-ride/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2006/08/jenna_jameson_tito_splash.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/iguana101/JennaTito.jpg

I liked Rogan's comment at UFC 62:
"Stay out of Jenna Jameson and get in the Gym dude"

It's pretty well known that Tito and Jenna are together in some way, holmes...

Mr Dio
08-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I guess someone needs a girlfriend!! :lmao

Guess we know who Jenna has that restraining order on. :lol

Mr Dio
08-28-2006, 01:54 PM
If he hadn't finished him off it probably would've been 28-28 due to the 10-8 final round for Hermes...Varner won the 1st 2 rounds.

Yeah, sure, you got it right yet again! :lol

1. Silva - Liddell is OFF, at least for this year. Where have you been?? Such a fan of the sport...

Even an idiot would know that my fav sport is Football.
But I guess you'd have to read english & not all the jap websites to know that! :lol

2. Silva has been fighting HEAVYWEIGHTS here lately.

The Fluffy RPIDE boys that look like that ate Sylvia & Arlovski's right leg???
WOW!, we are all impressed!!!
I fell asleep YET AGAIN during that little 60min FSN PRIDE thingy, can't call them fights & not laugh.

LEONARD
08-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I guess someone needs a girlfriend!! :lmao

Guess we know who Jenna has that restraining order on. :lol

It's called doing at search for "Jenna" at Sherdog to prove you wrong...yet again. There you go spewing BS everytime I prove you wrong... :lol

Yeah, sure, you got it right yet again!

So you don't think Varner won the 1st and 2nd? Or you don't think that Varner was penalized a point for running away? :lol Either way, MORON.

Even an idiot would know that my fav sport is Football.
But I guess you'd have to read english & not all the jap websites to know that!

Since when do you have to read "Jap websites" to be a fan of Pride? Pure genius, buddy...wow...

I didn't realize that it was common knowledge that the great "Mr Dio" is a football fan first. Still not a good excuse for the garbage you post in MMA threads...

The Fluffy RPIDE boys that look like that ate Sylvia & Arlovski's right leg??? WOW!, we are all impressed!!!
I fell asleep YET AGAIN during that little 60min FSN PRIDE thingy, can't call them fights & not laugh.

Surely you're just trying to draw me off-sides (or are you REALLY that ignorant??) but I'll proceed anyway for $hits and grins because it's fun making you look like the chump that you are..

Fujita is fluffy (or fat)??
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/1917.jpg

Rampage??
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/3170.jpg

Crocop?
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/3209.jpg

I'll give you that Hunt is fat, but he'd destroy Sylvia/AA.
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/23012.jpg
The UFC doesn't have a HW chin like his (or Fujita's for that matter even though he's not even top 10 in Pride) and he's a much better striker than Sylvia or Arlovski. Throw in his kicking ability and it's not even close...

If anybody looks like they ate Arlovski's leg it's Tim "The Love Handle" Sylvia...
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/3432.jpg

How's Frank Mir looking these days?? Not so good buddy. Justin Eilers, Paul Buentello, Dan Christison, etc etc...

Regardless, body type means NOTHING...I'm just proving your points (or lack of points) wrong as usual. This is the best MMA fighter in the world, and probably ever, and he doesn't even look like a fighter...
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/3232.jpg

Pride approached the UFC / Sylvia to have him fight Fedor in Oct in Vegas at Pride's show, but they declined. Maybe Sylvia isn't as dumb as his trash talk makes him sound?? or maybe Dana White isn't so dumb that he would expose his fraud of a HW champ to any of the top Pride HW's while he's making huge $$$. Give Sylvia a fight with 5'8" grappler Monson and then maybe Brandon Vera (who actually does have a chance to beat Sylvia) and then what? Maybe Kongo who looks like a good up and coming guy that would fight Sylvia's game. He'll eventually have to fight somebody and get exposed though...

You fell asleep during Rampage / Shogun? Fedor / Nog? Gomi? Henderson? Crocop? Silva?? If so, PLEASE stop pretending to be a fan of the sport at any level...you're an absolute joke...

Mr Dio
08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
You dig up a pic of Sylvia that is over what, 10mos old or over a yr old??
Nahhhh, you ain't an idiiot. :lmao

How about this one, "Research on Jenna"... :lol :lol :lol
Man, when you turn 18yo & leave your parent's home you'll see that there are plenty of females out there kiddo. :lol

Wow, Leonard went to Sherdog for his info!!! :lol
Man, is that a new website???
Who would've thought that you would go to that site??? :lmao

Mr Dio
08-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow, so you actually know that Kongo is the future of the UFC....Lemme guess, groundbreaking news on Sherdog? :lol

If I register on that site do I get a pretty little belt to match my shirt?
:lmao

Like I said, anyone with common sense knows I'm a football fan 1st.
Guess that means by your own admission you lack common sense then? :lol

LEONARD
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
You dig up a pic of Sylvia that is over what, 10mos old or over a yr old?? Nahhhh, you ain't an idiiot. :lmao

Yea, I purposely "dug it up"...it was the first one listed. But since it seems like you're trying to say that I'm mis-respresenting Sylvia's physique purposely with an old picture, here's one from UFC 61
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/32995.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

What else ya got?? :lol

Why'd your boy Sylvia turn down a fight with Fedor after calling him a "tiny little shit?" Seeing that tiny little shit destroy him in about 1 minute would be the greatest thing ever...

How about this one, "Research on Jenna"... :lol :lol :lol
Man, when you turn 18yo & leave your parent's home you'll see that there are plenty of females out there kiddo. :lol

I'm 29 and don't give 2 $hits about that whore. Just pointing out to you that she and Tito ARE together since you stated that she was married and you hadn't seen her with Tito before. Try acknowledging that you were wrong about something sometime... :lol

Wow, Leonard went to Sherdog for his info!!! :lol
Man, is that a new website??? Who would've thought that you would go to that site??? :lmao

It's the most popular MMA website out there. Many professional and amateur fighters post there. There are 1500 people viewing the UFC/Pride forum right now. Is it not a good site for MMA info? Enlighten me to where you get your superior information... :lol

Wow, so you actually know that Kongo is the future of the UFC....Lemme guess, groundbreaking news on Sherdog? :lol

No, it's from watching his 1st two fights in the UFC, genius. Where did I say he's the future of the division?? I said he's a nice up and coming fighter. It's not like it takes much to be a player in the weak HW division of the UFC...

If I register on that site do I get a pretty little belt to match my shirt?

No idea what you're talking about...

Like I said, anyone with common sense knows I'm a football fan 1st. Guess that means by your own admission you lack common sense then? :lol

Do you have any idea how LITTLE sense that makes?? :lol :lol

sa_butta
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Dio, where did you wind up watching the fight at?

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Dio, where did you wind up watching the fight at?

I got the PPV here at home since I was so tired from my running around during the week and because I had a Fantasy Football Draft Sat morning & it was an auction/snake hybrid. Ended up taking 5.5 hrs & after a few beers I was ready for a nap. :lol

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Cro cop`s d`best.

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Why'd your boy Sylvia turn down a fight with Fedor after calling him a "tiny little shit?" Seeing that tiny little shit destroy him in about 1 minute would be the greatest thing ever...

My boy??? :lmao My fav HW is Vera. :lol
Bet you can't admit you're wrong, your posts betray your maturity so I know you won't admit you're wrong. :lol

Some of my other fav fighters to watch are Tito, Diego, Babalu, GSP, N. Diaz, Uriah Faber, Rich Franklin & one person who actually keeps me awake when I watch him fight is Kazushi Sakuraba.

===
===

I'm 29 and don't give 2 $hits about that whore.
Just pointing out to you that she and Tito ARE together since you stated that she was married and you hadn't seen her with Tito before. Try acknowledging that you were wrong about something sometime...

I was wrong about not stalking her, spending all that time downloading her pics & wrong for not having a shrine on my computer?? :lol :lol
Yeah buddy, life outside the parents house will be fun, when it starts for you.

===
===

It's the most popular MMA website out there. Many professional and amateur fighters post there. There are 1500 people viewing the UFC/Pride forum right now. Is it not a good site for MMA info? Enlighten me to where you get your superior information... :lol

Yeah, and Disney & Nickelodeon are very popular with kids too.
What else ya got?? :lol

===
===

No idea what you're talking about...

Figures. :lol

===
===

I'm sure SherDoggie is a great site but if all the people on it are such great geniuses like you :lol then I'll pass visiting that site often.

In the meantime I'll look for another little PRIDE thingy on tv or somewhere to help me fall asleep. :lol

LEONARD
08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Simply amazing...I think I've wasted enough time on you and your worthless replies...

Mr Dio
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Simply amazing...I think I've wasted enough time on you and your worthless replies...

Leonardo, why the hostility vato? :lol

Don't take what I post to heart.
I know good & well that you don't respect what I post so just blow it off and have a good time.

DarkReign
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.jennaspace.com/myspace/jj_to_kw.jpg

LOL. What does that look on his face say?

DarkReign
08-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Dude, Sylvia is chunky.

BTW, I am sick of missing all these events.

Mr Dio
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Sylvia is indeed soft looking.
Slimmer than he was before but soft looking.

LEONARD
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Sylvia is a bad man... :lol

He's generously at #5 in the latest HW rankings...

Dude, Sylvia is chunky.

BTW, I am sick of missing all these events.

Why are you missing them??? Download them if you can't catch the PPV or fight your way thru the idiots watching at Hooters...

PM me if you want info on downloading them.

LEONARD
09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
What a weekend we have coming up...

Opening weekend in the NFL and the final round of the OWGP!! Sunday night at 9:00...if you're an MMA fan, you can't miss this PPV. You'll get to see 9 fights for $35...instead of 6-7 for $40 with UFC. And if I have to try to sell you on these fighters then you should probably just find another sport to follow...

PRIDE OPEN WEIGHT GRAND PRIX FINALS: SEPTEMBER 10

(The semi-finals and finals will take place on the same night)

Grand Prix Semi-Final Bouts:
-Mirko Cro Cop (#3 Heavyweight in the world)* vs. Wanderlei Silva (#2 Light Heavyweight)*

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight)* vs. Josh Barnett (#4 Heavyweight)*

Grand Prix Alternate Bout:
-Sergei Kharitonov (#8 Heavyweight)* vs. Aleksander Emelianenko (#9 Heavyweight)*

Non-Tournament Bouts:
-Ricardo Arona (#4 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Alistair Overeem (#9 Light Heavyweight)*
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#3 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Cyrille Diabate
-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
-Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos vs. Yosuke Nishijima
-Ricardo Morais vs. Lee Tae Hyun (freak fight!)

desflood
09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
STEPHAN BONNAR TESTS POSITIVE FOR ANABOLIC STEROID
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - by Ivan Trembow - MMAWeekly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a developing news story that broke on Wednesday's edition of MMAWeekly Radio, MMAWeekly has learned that Stephan Bonnar tested positive for an anabolic steroid after his fight against Forrest Griffin at UFC 62 on August 26th.

The specific banned substance that was found in Bonnar's post-fight urine sample after his unanimous decision loss to Griffin was Boldenone Metabolite, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission's drug testing results.

Boldenone is an anabolic steroid that is intended for use only by veterinarians, specifically to help rehabilitate injured horses. It has several brand names for veterinary use, including Equigan, Equipoise, Ultragan, and Ganabol. It is on the banned substances list of all the major athletic commissions and sports leagues.

In a formal complaint filed on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Bonnar was informed of his positive test result and was made aware that the NSAC has the right to suspend and/or fine him for his positive test result, pending a disciplinary hearing.

The amount of the fine can be up to $250,000, or the complete amount of the fighter's purse for the event, whichever amount is greater. In this case, Bonnar's purse for the August 26th fight was $16,000, so the maximum possible fine is $250,000.

The length of the suspension can be whatever the NSAC deems appropriate, but the suspensions have ranged from three to twelve months in past instances of mixed martial artists and boxers testing positive for banned substances.

According to the NSAC complaint, Bonnar's side has 20 days from the date of the complaint to issue a formal response to the NSAC in writing, which would put the date at September 26th.

After Bonnar's side has formally responded, the NSAC will set the date for a disciplinary hearing, at which Bonnar will be "entitled to be represented by counsel of his choice" and will also be entitled to "cross-examine witnesses, present evidence, and argue on his own behalf before a decision is made by the Commission."

Even before his drug test results came back positive for a banned substance, Bonnar had already been medically suspended for six months due to a broken right thumb, so it's unlikely that he would have fought again this year even if he hadn't tested positive for a banned substance at UFC 62.

Boldenone is not generally a popular drug among bodybuilders because of the fact that traces of the drug remain in the user's system for several months after use. According to Food and Drug Administration filings, which cited the Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Boldenone is intended for use by veterinarians as "an aid for treating debilitated horses when an improvement in weight, hair coat, or general physical condition is desired."

The FDA filings added, "Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian." Due to potential health risks for humans, the FDA has gone so far as to say that Boldenone "should not be administered to horses intended for human consumption."

The possible side effects of Boldenone when used by humans include high blood pressure, increased water retention, elevated levels of estrogen, possible hair loss, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, and acne.

A total of eighteen fighters competed on the UFC 62 card on August 26th, and four of those eighteen fighters were drug tested by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. In addition to Bonnar, the other fighters who were drug-tested were Chuck Liddell, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, and Forrest Griffin, all of whom passed their drug tests.

LEONARD
09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Yep...Bonnar is a scab anyway...he's GONE!!

Pride OWGP Preview...

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Edwards_090706.htm

if you want to watch some REAL HW's fight...

spurs=bling
09-07-2006, 10:27 PM
STEPHAN BONNAR TESTS POSITIVE FOR ANABOLIC STEROID
what a dumbass.

LEONARD
09-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Pride OWGP betting lines from Pinnaclesports.com

Sergei Kharitonov -153
Aleksander Emelianenko +143

Ricardo Arona -344
Alistair Overeem +314

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua -710
Cyrille Diabate +640

Kazuhiro Nakamura -307
Yoshihiro Nakao +277

Yosuke Nishijima -135
Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos +125

Ricardo Morais -300
Lee Tae Hyun +270

Wanderlei Silva +162
Mirko Filipovic -172

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira -225
Josh Barnett +205

Lock of the year: Shogun...bet your house, your kids, your wife, etc. They're feeding him a warmup fight in his first fight back from injury. You'll have to be a lot to win anything, but it's as lock as lock can be...

Solid Underdog Picks: Aleks, Silva, Santos

desflood
09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Always pick anybody named Emelianenko, no matter what the first name. Aleks is no Fedor (and probably never will be), but he's a tough, solid fighter nonetheless. And he's still young and getting better. That ought to be a good fight.

sa_butta
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
I didnt like Bonnar too much anyways but I always thought he was a tough cat.

LEONARD
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Always pick anybody named Emelianenko, no matter what the first name. Aleks is no Fedor (and probably never will be), but he's a tough, solid fighter nonetheless. And he's still young and getting better. That ought to be a good fight.

Tim Sylvia said Aleks has slow hands though :lol

Could be the fight of the night IMO...

LEONARD
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
What an event last night!! :fro

LEONARD
09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Mirko Crocop takes out Wandy Silva first...

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98326.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98319.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98320.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98322.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/hankd3/MirkoKOSilva.gif

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98327.jpg

then Josh Barnett...

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98321.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98323.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98324.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/98325.jpg

in the same night to take the belt and setup Fedor - Crocop II in December... :cool:

Gotta give Barnett some credit...he went thru Aleks E, Hunt, and then faced Nog and Crocop in the same night. That's a brutal 4 months. Crocop didn't really face a true HW until the final vs Barnett...

Here are the fights (Japanese commentary) for anybody that's interested...

Lots of links to pick from...most, if not all, are with Japanese commentary.

Here are links for the 2 semi-final fights...watch these 2 first.

Mirko Crocop Vs Wanderlei Silva

http://rapidshare.de/files/32653170/Mirko__CroCop__Filipovic_vs_Wanderlei_Silva_2__PRI DE_Final_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B8042CF727A1998E

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=306C0CA55DA177F5

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q4h0wd
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oln3sy
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pu22jk
http://www.sendspace.com/file/avkd0e
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6tfv2p

Josh Barnett Vs Big Nog

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=88C67FFF5E615B46

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ekuky

http://rapidshare.de/files/32660138/Josh_Barnett_vs_Rodrigo_Minotauro_Nogueira__PRIDE_ Final_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

----------------

OWGP Final - Crocop vs Barnett

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1o1u9s

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F9D0AE731259E69F

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19VFT25T

http://rapidshare.de/files/32673041/OWGP_Finals__PRIDE_Final_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1fe528/

---------------

Other fights:

Aleks Emelianenko Vs Sergei

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EA591EE36C7B1BE6

http://rapidshare.de/files/32637674/Aleksander_Emelianenko_vs_Sergei_Kharitonov__PRIDE _Final_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

Shogun vs The Snake

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mc32lb

http://rapidshare.de/files/32663168/Mauricio__Shogun__Rua_vs_Cyrille_Diabate__PRIDE_Fi nal_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0P5AYSS9

Arona vs Overeem

http://rapidshare.de/files/32645931/Alistair_Overeem_vs_Ricardo_Arona__PRIDE_Final_Con flict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E03MOXJT

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=51FE278462D81026

Cyborg vs Nishijima

http://rapidshare.de/files/32649007/Evangelista_Santos_vs_Yousuke_Nishijima__PRIDE_Fin al_Conflict_Absolute__06_-Tok.wmv

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrl4p0

Slo spurs fan
09-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you... Leonard rules!

sa_butta
09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know who is on the undercard to Shamrock Ortiz III?

Here is the line up for UFC 63

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn
David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
Jens Pulver vs. Joe Lauzon
Jason Lambert vs. Rashad Evans
Melvin Guillard vs. Gabe Ruediger
Tyson Griffin vs. David Lee
Jorge Gurgel vs. Danny Abaddi
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Mario Neto
Roger Huerta vs. Jason Reinhardt

BTW, thanks to Leonard for the updates and vid.

LEONARD
09-13-2006, 09:44 AM

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn

No sweat...

Bookmark this site:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/rumors.asp

these aren't locked in obviously...

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: OCTOBER 10 IN HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA

-Tito Ortiz (#7 Light Heavyweight in the world)* vs. Ken Shamrock
-Nathan Marquardt (#9 Middleweight)* vs. Thales Leites (could happen at UFC 64 instead)
-Kendall Grove vs. Chris Price
-Ed Herman vs. Jermaine Andre
-Matt Hamill vs. Seth Petruzelli
-Josh Haynes vs. Rory Singer
-John Alessio vs. Thiago Alves

Haynes and Singer doesn't do much for me (neither does Tito / Shammy 3, but I'll still watch to see Shammy get hammered again) but the rest aren't bad.

Marquardt FINALLY back on TV...Leites is an EXCELLENT ground fighter making his debut...

Grove, Herman, and Hamill...and finally Petruzelli (if he doesn't get hurt again). I like that dude...

Alessio / Alves isn't bad either, but probably won't be aired...

UFC 63 looks DAMN GOOD.

Besides the main / co-main which should be great, you have 5 LW matches that should be really entertaining. Tyson Griffin is making his debut...he'll be the LW Champ within 2 yrs IMO. Huerta and Ruediger are also making their debut...excellent additions to the UFC. Melvin's fights are always exciting. And of course the return of Jens Pulver.

On paper, it's WAY better than the last 2 UFC events...

desflood
09-13-2006, 10:50 AM
A few random thoughts...

What a Pride event! Haven't gotten to see the second half yet, but Cro-Cop/Silva and Emelianenko/Kharitonov were both pretty good. Oh yeah, Barnett did pretty well for himself too :lol

Glad to see Marquardt coming back. I supported him from the beginning (although of course, everybody says that now :rolleyes )

Tyson Griffin is going to do very well in the UFC given enough experience.

Petruzelli/Hamill... I take it Seth moved down to lt. heavyweight. Hamill's big and strong, but not experience enough to take on even a lower-tier fighter like Petruzelli yet.

LEONARD
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
A few random thoughts...

What a Pride event! Haven't gotten to see the second half yet, but Cro-Cop/Silva and Emelianenko/Kharitonov were both pretty good. Oh yeah, Barnett did pretty well for himself too :lol

Glad to see Marquardt coming back. I supported him from the beginning (although of course, everybody says that now :rolleyes )

Tyson Griffin is going to do very well in the UFC given enough experience.

Petruzelli/Hamill... I take it Seth moved down to lt. heavyweight. Hamill's big and strong, but not experience enough to take on even a lower-tier fighter like Petruzelli yet.

Aleks showed a lot in that fight...he took a hell of a punch, recovered, and hammered out the win...

Yep, Seth dropped down to LHW but has gotten hurt just before each scheduled appearance (whether on a PPV or Spike) since he was on TUF. He can throw some wicked kicks...Matt better get him down quick...

spurs=bling
09-13-2006, 09:55 PM

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn

i am looking foward to those fights

LEONARD
09-14-2006, 09:50 AM
i am looking foward to those fights

Have you heard of Jens Pulver? He's a new guy...

MajorMike
09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Yawn.

LEONARD
09-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Yawn.

OSU football putting you to sleep?? :lol

Thanks for sharing...

MajorMike
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah... too far up on opps.

Mr Dio
02-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Oops!! :lol

Mr Dio
02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I guess a little research is in order.

Mr Dio
02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
:owned

Now get me a beer my orange headed beer B1TCH!! :lol